Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 344454 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Testosterone
« Reply #560 on: August 31, 2020, 12:31:42 PM »
@demografx do i understand it correctly? do you feel that TRT is only masking your pois? It can be doing it very effective, and you be doing almost ok, but the low/lowish TRT is not the actually case?
basically TRT is greatly working on pois but it is not the cause of pois? at least in the beginning when you had your own TRT...? some symptoms of TRT deficiency is suspiciously similar to pois as i am reading it, but my feeling is starting to shift to that pois is not caused by problems with TRT and with something else.
I’m not sure!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #561 on: August 31, 2020, 12:53:33 PM »
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:55:35 PM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #562 on: August 31, 2020, 01:26:08 PM »
My 10 fingertips dry up, become numb in POIS. Drives me berserk but I don’t know why! Am I the only one?
I have been doing Google searches on “fingertips and nerve endings” and could not find a clue as to POIS relationship & treatment...so I thought I would post the above (again) to see if anyone else here can shine a light on this huge (for me!) mystery of one of my main POIS symptoms?

Thanks for reading this!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 01:28:00 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

ramore

« Reply #563 on: August 31, 2020, 04:40:27 PM »
Silly thing is that when i took multiple orgasms every day this year, yes, i had painful anxiety, but the tiredness aspect was just not there. or occasionally it was, but it would go away in 5-6 hours and still it was pretty mild.
Right now, after a pause in masturbation around a week, and taking a fap, almost two days pasted. And i have this flu like xxxx, and it is so bad, i am basically in a vegetable state trying not to die. It is far worst in me if i am taking a break in masturbation more than for 2-3 days . If it was not about the productivity I would actually prefered to fap every day. It is far more blend.

No profanity, please
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:53:08 PM by demografx »

Clues

« Reply #564 on: September 01, 2020, 01:06:34 AM »
My 10 fingertips dry up, become numb in POIS. Drives me berserk but I don’t know why! Am I the only one?
I have been doing Google searches on “fingertips and nerve endings” and could not find a clue as to POIS relationship & treatment...so I thought I would post the above (again) to see if anyone else here can shine a light on this huge (for me!) mystery of one of my main POIS symptoms?

Thanks for reading this!

Demo, I have dry/cracked-looking fingertips, and there seems to be a correlation with the severity of the overall symptom set. I used to have similar skin problems all over my hands and under and around the edges of my feet, which came and went a bit over the years, but those have receded drastically after I started taking chlorella a few months back. My fingertips are still like that though. I haven't noticed any numbness, but I have had somewhat numb feet since I started taking chlorella.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #565 on: September 03, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »
Thank you, Clues!

drop247

« Reply #566 on: September 06, 2020, 04:21:06 PM »
Is there any published study, besides the HCG one, that uses a hormonal cure or links POIS with hormones at all? I have an upcoming urologist appointment and would like to try hormonal treatment. The more evidence I bring the better my case. During my first brief chat he mentioned he thought it was immunological and the best option would be to try low dose SSRI. That's not a path I'm sure I want to go down.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #567 on: September 07, 2020, 12:07:40 AM »

After a lifetime (many decades) of POIS struggle, I think I finally landed a “90%+ cure” formula for me
For myself. No idea if/how this will work for other POISers.

• abstinence (19 days this time)
• Heavy TRT @ POIS onset   (8mg Androderm this time vs. 2mg to 4mg/out-of-POIS - 365 days/year
• Heavy Benadryl @ POIS onset (100mg [50am/50pm] this time vs. 12.5mg/out-of-POIS)
• “Extra” sleep (Benadryl-induced) @ POIS onset to “ride out” early symptom onset

I wrote this over 3 months ago. It is still valid, although I would add that what works best for me is to
FORCE SLEEP on Day Zero (the day of POIS onset).

Yesterday was Day Zero for me, and I took enough Benadryl (without overdosing!) to sleep/stay rested in bed till 3:45 in the afternoon. I’m fortunate that way:  I’m retired.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #568 on: September 07, 2020, 12:08:28 AM »

Has anyone tried daily TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) for POIS for at least 4 - 6 weeks and it DIDN’T work?

I’m only interested if you tried:

• patches

or

• gel

(I don’t believe in injections - - they spike in and out of the system too quickly to be uniformly long-lasting for POIS. Patches/gel more closely mimic the body’s natural rhythm of testosterone absorption and implementation).

THANK YOU!
Demo

This is *not* my endorsement for anyone to try TRT. In my case, I lost all fertility, my sperm count dropped to 0.00!

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #569 on: September 08, 2020, 12:58:00 PM »
In addition, Satureja montana was able to significantly increase testosterone serum level, almost duplicating it, when acutely administered at a dose of 50 mg/kg, which can additionally improve sexual performance [21]. These results suggest that Satureja montana may be considered an interesting alternative to SSRIs [21] (Table 1).

https://sci-hub.se/https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S009042951501050X

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2020, 11:18:46 PM »

...what works best for me [besides Testosterone] is to
FORCE SLEEP on Day Zero (the day of POIS onset).

Does anyone else get some POIS relief from
EXTRA SLEEP?

Please share your experience.

Thank you.
Demo

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #571 on: September 09, 2020, 02:21:34 AM »
Yes :)

But it's not always possible with work/family.

I think if I wouldn't be self employed I would have much bigger issues even with POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #572 on: September 18, 2020, 10:57:38 AM »
Considering the fact that TESTOSTERONE DROPS  upon POIS onset, I just now increased my dose to
higher-than-ever quantity (16 mg Androderm patches in 8 hours = 8X my normal TRT dose) and also a higher-than-ever Benadryl dose (100mg in the same period as TRT) to induce morning sleep (it’s 9:00am local time).

Wish me luck!

I am NOT encouraging anyone else to try this!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 11:24:51 AM by demografx »

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #573 on: September 18, 2020, 11:17:05 AM »
Good luck with your experiment and be safe!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: September 18, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »
Many thanks, Limejuice!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #575 on: September 18, 2020, 11:22:28 AM »

...be safe!

I hope I am!

If not, I blame POIS’ cruelty for a tortured lifetime!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 11:26:25 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #576 on: September 18, 2020, 02:22:36 PM »

...be safe!

I hope I am!

If not, I blame POIS’ cruelty for a tortured lifetime!

Limejuice, with your cautionary note, plus Animus’ concern about the dangers of testosterone just a few minutes ago, I just now REMOVED 4 of the 8 patches.

I really appreciate it. High anxiety started to kick in physically plus I have a heart condition (open heart surgery a few years ago!).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 03:46:17 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: September 18, 2020, 03:55:30 PM »

[I took a] higher-than-ever Benadryl dose...to induce morning sleep

It didn’t work in getting me to sleep, but it did reduce the anxiety somewhat.

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #578 on: September 18, 2020, 04:33:41 PM »
Glad your ok. The list of side effects for testosterone patches is long and includes chest pain. I bet the high anxiety was scary.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #579 on: September 18, 2020, 04:48:17 PM »

I bet the high anxiety was scary.

Yes it was!

Thanks for your kind thoughts!