Author Topic: METHYLENE BLUE!!!!  (Read 17522 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: METHYLENE BLUE!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 01:51:50 PM »
I have taken methylene blue 5mg/day in two doses. No effect on pois and ongoing brain fog
What have you used on a day 2 x 2.5mg or 2 x 5mg?

Ani1946

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2024, 11:01:07 PM »
2*2.5mg per day

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2024, 09:20:21 AM »
I will increase the dose to 3 times 5 mg a day.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2024, 05:13:36 PM »
I had days where my urine wasn't colored green blue-ish. I thought that perhaps it was being absorbed somewhere in organs. But MB behaves as a redox-cycling substrate (electron donor/acceptor couple). MB/LeucoMB ratio depends on environment. Meaning I probably excreted MB on those days but in colorless LeucoMB form.

"Methylene blue (MB) as a redox-cycling substrate for various reducing and oxidizing substances. The reducing agents such as NADPH convert MB to leucoMB, which is then oxidized by O2. Each reaction cycle, catalyzed by the MB-enzyme ensemble, leads to the consumption of NADPH and O2 and to the production of reactive oxygen species, predominantly H2O2"
Cellular and Molecular Actions of Methylene Blue in the Nervous System
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 06:43:01 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2024, 02:16:19 PM »
Methylene Blue and Epinephrine: A Synergetic Association for Anaphylactic Shock Treatment

Methylene Blue in the Treatment of Anaphylaxis

"Thus, the vasodilation resulting from the activation of the cGMP and cAMP pathways synergistically contribute to the development and maintenance of the characteristic ASh hypotension."

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2024, 11:36:41 AM »
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 07:18:32 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2024, 07:21:23 PM »
I will increase the dose to 3 times 5 mg a day.

At this dose I start to feel effects. Most of these are light improvements.

Impression getting more oxygen to the brain
Stabilizing effect on my heart, more stable heart rythm and feels less inflamed.
Improved short term memory. Example: sudden stop during a talk where i cannot remember what i have said and what i want to say. I had a few of these where i was able to continue with my story.
Body is capable to digest a slightly larger amount of food per meal.
Improved concentration.
Cannot get depressive on this dose (note that i do not have major depression, only light depression every now and then)
Less sensory sensitivities (mostly touch)
Body and brain coupling doesnt seem to fall out of phase regarding respiratory rate.
Feels like MB is acting at or interfering with middle part of my head which I’m complaining about in my thread (feels like a stabilizing factor).
Need less sleep
Less intensity (just noticable) of sexual arousal induced symptoms (sexual arousal triggers middle part of head)
Inhibits the effect of stress on the middle part of my head somewhat.
Fatigue

Not clear about improvement:
orthostatic intolerance
Muscle stamina (i suspect this improved but not sure)
Muscle weakness
Muscle soreness
Food sensitivities
Premature ejaculation
PEM like responses
Exercise intolerance (havent tested this properly though)
Fibromyalgia like tissue sensitivities

Occasional side effects:
Slightly swollen throat

Reason I take this at least 3 times:
I cannot time for sexual arousal events and want to catch those with regards to half-life.

Reason for taking it daily:
I have issues outside of POIS and want to observe if they are being adressed

I could take the same dose in one go (15mg) and also time it with orgasm to observe effects or increase the dose (3 times a day) and try to observe more improvement because the current dose feels like a lower limit where I just start noticing positive effects.

I’m adding drops of MB to water and drink it instead of letting them fall onto my tongue.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:05:51 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2024, 09:38:29 AM »
Yesterday I was able to chain standard daily life activities within a relatively short amount of time. I went for a 20 min walk, came back, ate an evening meal, and showered after the meal. Went to a presentation immediately after showering and took a train ride of 1 hour long. All without crashing (normally i would have to take breaks between at least some of those activities), I was on the brink of crashing but something countered this behaviour, it went back and forth like a battle, but didn’t crash. I had an energy boost inside my head, like a power source switched on, I could not get tired. The energy didn’t translate to muscle strength, it wasnt clear to me it did, maybe it did for stamina. My intuition about loss of power inside my head, which I speculated about in my thread, could be a correct one, who knows. At nightfall I had an orgasm and could still handle that as well on the same day.

There is no reason yet to change the dose if I keep detecting changes in the body. I’m in no hurry and just wait until the body reaches a new homeostasis before changing anything. The stuff supports me sufficiently at a cost effective dose that I will keep using it even when my condition does not improve any further. If some of the Alzheimer studies are correct then I will have another reason to continue with MB. I will put my mother on this stuff to see if she improves. The daily activity chain example falls in the category of PEM-like behaviour (neurologic brainstem rebound response?).

I will try to get a discount code for this forum from the company I bought it from.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2024, 01:31:45 PM »
Yesterday I was able to chain standard daily life activities within a relatively short amount of time. I went for a 20 min walk, came back, ate an evening meal, and showered after the meal. Went to a presentation immediately after showering and took a train ride of 1 hour long. All without crashing (normally i would have to take breaks between at least some of those activities), I was on the brink of crashing but something countered this behaviour, it went back and forth like a battle, but didn’t crash. I had an energy boost inside my head, like a power source switched on, I could not get tired. The energy didn’t translate to muscle strength, it wasnt clear to me it did, maybe it did for stamina. My intuition about loss of power inside my head, which I speculated about in my thread, could be a correct one, who knows. At nightfall I had an orgasm and could still handle that as well on the same day.

There is no reason yet to change the dose if I keep detecting changes in the body. I’m in no hurry and just wait until the body reaches a new homeostasis before changing anything. The stuff supports me sufficiently at a cost effective dose that I will keep using it even when my condition does not improve any further. If some of the Alzheimer studies are correct then I will have another reason to continue with MB. I will put my mother on this stuff to see if she improves. The daily activity chain example falls in the category of PEM-like behaviour (neurologic brainstem rebound response?).

I will try to get a discount code for this forum from the company I bought it from.

It is really interesting that you mention Alzheimer’s disease in relation to methylene blue. Have you considered plasma membrane Ca2+-ATPase (PMCA) activity? PMCA is a Ca2+ transporter and its activation may protect cells from Ca2+ overload. Methylene blue activates PMCA and this seems to be one of the ways it may protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0028390818303691
Calcium homeostasis disruption appears to be one of the core mechanisms in POIS, thus this may be one of the most likely reasons why MB actually works for us.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2024, 04:51:29 PM »
A wery good news that somthing worked,
even for "out pois" symptoms.
Keep testing, i did quck search about side effects, long term,
no more then 2mg per kg??

Order 2-3 galons for me if it works..
Dr-pois.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2024, 01:51:10 PM »
i did a quick search about side effects, long term,
no more than 2mg per kg??
Correct

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2024, 07:51:49 AM »
It is really interesting that you mention Alzheimer’s disease in relation to methylene blue. Have you considered plasma membrane Ca2+-ATPase (PMCA) activity? PMCA is a Ca2+ transporter and its activation may protect cells from Ca2+ overload. Methylene blue activates PMCA and this seems to be one of the ways it may protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0028390818303691
Calcium homeostasis disruption appears to be one of the core mechanisms in POIS, thus this may be one of the most likely reasons why MB actually works for us.
No I have not. Calcium homeostasis is a possibility that I have considered. The proteins below are involved in Alzheimers:

Relationship Between Amyloid Precursor Protein in Seminal Plasma and Abnormal Penile Sympathetic Skin Response in Lifelong Premature Ejaculation

Conclusions

The results of this study showed that patients with lifelong Premature Ejaculation (PE) had higher Amyloid Precursor Protein (APP) and Amyloid beta42 (AB42) levels in seminal plasma. The abnormal PSSR was related to higher AB42 levels. Drugs that decrease AB could be a treatment of PE.

Food for thought: What are the levels of these and the PSSR in POIS?

I saw this pass by, perphaps worth posting:
Voracious Brains, Inflamed Muscles and Immune Invaders? The NIH ME/CFS and Long COVID Conference Pt. II
If he finds problems with cerebral perfusion, he mentioned methylene blue – an over-the-counter supplement that calms microglia and helps with cerebral blood flow.

Disclaimer: I do believe most patients, not all, with long covid have long vax (I do not go along with the official narrative, but that is offtopic).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 02:02:23 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2024, 02:57:27 PM »
Hmm check this out:
A global view of the pathophysiology of varicocele

The Effects of Methylene Blue on Autophagy and Apoptosis in MRI-Defined Normal Tissue, Ischemic Penumbra and Ischemic Core
MB inhibited apoptotic signaling cascades (p53-Bax-Bcl2-Caspase3)

Anticancer activity of methylene blue via inhibition of heat shock protein 70
MB demonstrated potent anticancer activity in vitro and in vivo via inhibition of Hsp70

The stuff addresses many factors depicted in this diagram.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2024, 06:51:22 PM »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2024, 08:37:41 AM »
Methylene blue regulates inflammatory response in osteoarthritis by noncoding long chain RNA CILinc02
The results showed that CILinc02 was overexpressed in osteoarthritic cartilage tissues and in OA primary cells, but methylene blue can inhibit the expression of CILinc02. In addition, overexpression of CILinc02 induced the inflammation and apoptosis in primary OA cells, however, the effect of methylene blue was reversed compared to CILinc02. Meanwhile, methylene blue can regulate the expression of TIMP-1, MMP-1, and MMP-13 proteins, thereby suppressing the degradation of chondrocyte in OA. This evidence indicates that methylene blue can act as an inflammatory inhibitor by targeting CILinc02 to regulate the inflammatory response.

I suspect involvement of MMPs in POIS induced joint pain/damage:

I once needed crutches for a period of two weeks because sexual arousal flares fiercly attacked my knee joints. I couldn't withstand pressure from my weight and turning corners was difficult.

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1bthzfv/osteoarthritis_due_to_pois/
Three weeks ago i had second mri and xray of my hip, knee and shoulde joints. According to my doc, I lost significant amount of cartilage in these joints. Every time i orgasm or get aroused, i get burning feeling in my joints along with all other symptoms.

Pois is damaging my joints and i have no choice but to see my body rotting away with time. All the time my joints make clicking sounds and pain is unbearable in hip joint# especially.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 08:57:54 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2024, 09:11:16 AM »
Update: Used a single dose of 15 mg/day (0.25 mg/kg) for the last 9 days. Can not say it makes a difference with 3 times 5 mg/day. The surface of my tongue tends to react to this single dose (in water) when I do not swallow it immediately (same thing can happen with food, standard stuff).

Responses to changes in ambient temperature improved.
Blood volume tends to follow the changes in body posture quicker, less lag.
Better (more proper) sweating responses.
It has a light effect on the arousal trigger itself, thus making less impact. Does not solve the problem though.
I get the impression, after a few months, that it reduces the overal impact of orgasm a bit.
The only side effect I noted a few posts back occurs less frequent over time.
Experienced more moments where I had less food sensitivities, difficult to link it with MB use.

Stopped taking MB because I have supplements that are closing in on their expiration date.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 04:05:32 PM by Muon »