Author Topic: The Taurine laboratory  (Read 127983 times)

b_jim

Re: The Taurine laboratory
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2016, 03:51:38 PM »
I think Gaba might be down after ejaculation, explaining some symtpoms (muscle tremors, confused speech, ...)
And taurine might work by helping Gaba

Dr Bravermann test :

The GABA True/False Quiz:
1. I feel shaky. T / F
2. I have frequent back, neck and/or headaches. T / F
3. I can be very irritable at the least cause. T / F
4. I tend to have heart palpitations. T / F
5. I tend to have cold hands. T / F
6. I sometimes sweat too much. T / F
7. I am sometimes dizzy. T / F
8. I am often nervous. T / F
9. I often feel fatigued even when I have had a good night’s sleep. T / F
10. I overeat. T / F
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2016, 05:06:45 PM »
For me bromazepam after orgasm kills POIS, dont know the real mechanism for it. But i dont use it being afraid of getting addicted.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2016, 10:00:34 PM »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2016, 09:06:28 AM »
For me bromazepam after orgasm kills POIS, dont know the real mechanism for it. But i dont use it being afraid of getting addicted.

Hi Starsky,

Bromazepam, like all the other benzodiazepines, works mainly by enhancing the effect of GABA on the neurons of the brain.  GABA is the calming neurotransmitter, so they are very effective against anxiety and the like.

I have tried lorazepam, another benzodiazepine, last year, taking it with some other natural products.  It was effective against my POIS, for sure, as emotional symptoms are very present in my POIS type.  But like you, I prefer not using it, because of its addictive potential, and also because one can develop a tolerance for benzo effect, meaning the effect will diminish over time and ask for a dosage increment.   This last tolerance effect would be less present for me, as I would take it only before O, and I do not O every day.  But the fuss of getting prescriptions, having to explain to a doctor why I take it, and so on, couple to the fact that I have found natural products doing the job, made me put lorazepam aside.  I clearly prefer to handle my POIS with OTC and natural products ( a personal choice), even if that means, currently, taking 9 different products before O  ( but I prepare my packs in advance in small bottles, so no trouble when I need to take my pre-pack without notice).

In my pack, I use NMDA receptors blockers, instead of GABA enhancer, like magnesium and L-theanine.  But it sometime happens, like with taurine, that a substance has both properties ( gabaergic and NMDA blocker).  The clear advantage of NMDA receptors blockers ia that they do not induce neither tolerance nor has a potential for addiction.

As a natural alternative to benzo, I use GABA supplement.  In theory, it should not be effective, because it is not suppose to cross the blood brain barrier so oral supplementation should be ineffective.  But in practice, it works for many people, and it works for me as well, and I do not have to take much for a calming effect (200 to 300 mg) .  However, I have tried GABA after I came with the current, effective composition of my pre-pack for POIS, so it is not part of my pack - I use it on occasions if I feel too anxious, which is not very often now.  But I can have similar effect than a benzo,if I need so, with a product that do not need a prescription. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:09:28 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

b_jim

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
"Taurine-like chemical restores cognitive function in mice with Alzheimer's"
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/dec/08/taurine-like-chemical-restores-cognitive-function-in-mice-with-alzheimers

Thanks for the link Demo. It proves this amino-acid didn't show all its secrete and it has a real scientific effect on nervous system.

Clearly. All "calming" subtances cure Pois, likemost of benzodiazepines I suppose.
I even know some Poisers using muscle relaxant (tetrazepam) for injury or pain and they were surprised because it cancel Pois symptoms !!
As you said, benzo are not a long-term solution because they are very addictive.

But it proves Gaba must be involved in Pois mechanisms at least for "non-immunologic symptoms" Pois cases.

Some guys here are smoking cannabis and it has an effect on their Pois.
If you look how does cannabis work, you will found Gabergic and dopaminergic neurons.

The theory (maybe suggested by doctor Lin :o ) might be that the Gaba "slows down" the orgasm and catecholamins rush.
Of course, you can be 100% the real explanation is much more complex.

Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2016, 02:46:33 PM »

Agree. I remember some guys used gabapentin with some success.
Some years ago I said gabapentin could be a good idea. He answer, "no, it will no cross the brain-blood wall".
ironically, I had only 1 time a benzodiazepam med (after panic attack) and I never took it.
And i have a nice army of benzo on a shelf :) . I NEVER take meds, except when I really need.
I never took benzo or smoke cannabis. If I did there is 99% chance I became addicted but the positive point would have been I maybe understood Gaba is involved in Pois.

We should remember that chinese Pois study suggest endorphin drop after orgasm suggesting a form of opiate whidrawal syndrome. Gaba may suppress it
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7070680

In the study they use :
-glutamine
- vitamine B6
-  sodium valproate

I think there is no problem to use the 2 first (glutamine + B6), taurine and why not the other you suggested.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:01:25 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2016, 12:33:17 AM »
Another interesting article I thought:
"Taurine: a supplement for cellular physiology"

http://www.clinicaladvisor.com/alternative-meds-update/taurine-vitamin-supplement-cellular-physiology/article/450100/
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2017, 03:15:19 PM »
I found a good topic about dopamine and taurine :

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/83876-decrease-noradrenaline-if-you-got-issues-decrease-noradrenaline/

I've been sent by god to bring relief to all of your symptoms lol. But seriously . I know what's going on with you and I will help you and I can guarantee you, you will feel %100 better. Just bear with me. I also suffered from this condition in the past. But its all gone now. I will tell you what's going on and how you're going to fix it.

I read all of your previous posts and blood test results. In fact, you are the reason I created an account here. I would like to help people that are suffering from this condition.

First off all let's see what's going on and why.

Symptoms related to high noradrenaline:

*ED
*Excessive wind
*Insomnia
*Anxiety
*Inflammation

Symptoms related to low dopamine:
*Difficulty concentrating
*weak orgasms
*low libido
*lack of motivation in life

What can show in your blood tests:
*Slightly low testosterone for your age
*Slightly elevated cortisol levels

So why are you having these symptoms? As you know noradrenaline controls fight or flight system of your body. when your noradrenaline levels are constantly high, it will put your body in a survival mode. In survival mode, your digestion and ability to have sex are shut down and all of your blood is diverted to your muscles and your heart.

Your maintenance dosage should look like this:

*30mg zinc
*400mg phosphatidylserine
*3g Taurine
*5.000 IU Vitamin D.

Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2017, 12:10:00 PM »
Happy birthday topic :)
Since 3 years, Taurine changed my life. I created my business and I can have a "normal life".
But I don't know how does it work !
I have a new idea and I will make a bloodtest next months (ceruloplasmin).
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
Happy birthday topic :)
Since 3 years, Taurine changed my life. I created my business and I can have a "normal life".
But I don't know how does it work !
I have a new idea and I will make a bloodtest next months (ceruloplasmin).

Happy birthday to your success in controlling your symptoms, b_jim !

All along this thread, many good hypothesis have been made as to why taurine is effective.  Is it vs prolactin/dopamine production, is it its NMDAr blocking properties or other GABA related properties, is it because of its signaling properties at the cellular level, or else, or all of the above ?   We don't know, yet, but there is definitively a type of POIS that is contrilled through the use of taurine!

Thanks for your continuous presence here, b_jim, even if you have found relief for yourself !   

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

b_jim

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2017, 01:48:17 AM »
Thanks tou very much !
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2017, 08:48:35 AM »
Congrats to your continued success and thank you for continuing to help everyone else!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2017, 08:58:31 AM »

To: b_jim,

Congrats to your continued success and thank you for continuing to help everyone else!...

[...and for your great 10 years service here, b_jim! Many thanks! ~ demo]

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:29:20 PM by demografx »

Vandemolen

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2018, 01:19:38 PM »
Does taurine have any side effects? Mainly for prostate and bladder problems. How many pills do you take? 1 or 2?
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2018, 01:53:13 PM »
I can confirm that one Spanish POIS sufferer has also obtained good results with taurine.

He also seems to experience only a mild relief by taking niacin.

b_jim

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2018, 02:51:29 PM »
Vandemolen, To my knowledge, taurine is safe up to 2g a day.
I take only 1 cap before ejaculation (500mg).
I'm currently testing the combo :

5000 UI vitamin D  + 500mg of taurine (30min before ejaculation)

I suspect vitamin D working with taurine absorbtion and metabolism of sexual hormones.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8241636
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23392896
http://www.ergo-log.com/taurinetestosterone.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28849465

Taurine Recovers Testicular Steroidogenesis and Spermatogenesis in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28849500

I didn't have any side effects. Anyway I get an epididymitis, not linked with taurine according doctors. Anyway, epididyms is a strategic zone for taurine concentration in body....  :-\ Between 2014 and 2015 I took 500 mg a day.

Observer, this is a great news , thanks !
We are only 5 or 6 to have good improvement with taurine.
I can't explain how does it work.
Gaba effect ?  Supports sexual hormones ?
I don't know.

I have tyrosine (500mg caps) and iodine (225ug caps) to test.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:11:03 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2018, 06:39:06 PM »
Great Bjim. When I bought Taurine I also saw gaba pills. Did you tried that? I am going to trie the taurine too, because Niacin doesn’t help me at all.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2018, 07:05:52 PM »
Vande, i toght that gaba is real solution for my muscule stiffnes. As i reading and resarch people talk only positive on gaba on calming and relaxing etc.
(I hawe wery positiwe reaction on small dose benzos) benzos are the only medicine that help me to surwive pois days.

I tought (logic) that taking pure gaba will be life safing for me, i i took one pill of pure gaba , as i remeber 1000mg, suprise to me wass wery wery bad reaction from gaba pill, short breath ,heart fasting , panic atac etc, it took me 8h to calm down from that.

And after that i read side efect and bad reactions on pure gaba pill.

Niacin flush in my case make syptomps of pois ewan worse.( strange, not helping at all).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:21:23 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

b_jim

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2018, 02:05:57 AM »
No, because I never found good Gaba caps.
I don't know if pure Gaba can cross blood-brain shield.
But it's clearly a way to think.

Gaba caps are often made with inositol, niacin and plants.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2018, 07:22:03 AM »
You can buy Gaba pills in The Netherlands.

Hope, good that Benzos works for you.