Author Topic: The Taurine laboratory  (Read 119970 times)

b_jim

Re: The Taurine laboratory
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2016, 04:21:58 AM »
Restless legs syndrome and Taurine :
(testimonies found )

http://chriskresser.com/4-little-known-causes-of-restless-legs-syndrome/

We give our clients with RLS symptoms 500 mg of Taurine. It immediately relieves symptoms in about 95% of the cases. For the 5% that don’t respond, we add in some D3/K2 and that seems to fit the bill.

I had RLS so badly that I dreaded going to bed every night. I started taking 500mg taurine and within three days the RLS disappeared.

I’m not so sure of the connection between vitamin D that he states, but the treatment of mag and/or taurine makes a lot of sense because they are calming and lower another catecholamine in the same metabolic pathway called adrenalin.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:23:45 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2016, 12:42:28 AM »
Just an update.

I've since stopped the taurine since it had negative effects on sleep.  I was also more aggressive, perhaps the testosterone boost.

However I will say it definitely eases POIS a lot, perhaps for me eliminating a great portion to all of symptoms.  For now I will use this sparingly on days if POIS is simply unbearable. It will definitely relieve it.  Definite dopamine boost.  However I don't feel comfortable taking it multiple days in a row.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

b_jim

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2016, 10:59:59 AM »
I'm sorry taurine doesn't help you :(

--

. Furthermore, like cocaine, the antihistamine diphenhydramine (DPH) has been shown to increase extracellular dopamine levels in similar brain areas (Tanda et al. 2008).

( the brain area is "caudate nucleus". )

Taurine/dopamine :

These results suggest that taurine may decrease the activity of striatal dopaminergic neurons and enhance the caudate spindle.

The term “caudate-spindle” is used to indicate cortical and/or subcortical rhythmic activity initiated by single shock stimulation of the head of the caudate nucleus.

Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2016, 08:19:21 AM »
i can confirm too I feel  an effect on premature ejaculation. 
Maybe psychological. Maybe just  muscles relaxing side effect :)
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2016, 08:35:58 PM »
b_jim, how do you prefer to take Taurine? Energy drink? Capsules?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »
Capsules. I  never tried energy drinks .
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2016, 10:23:54 PM »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2016, 07:30:26 AM »
:D You have the choice !
It contains a lot of caffeine and sugar so.... not for me :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:40:10 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »
You're right, b_jim, the extra caffeine and sugar make the drinks less appealing.

b_jim

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »
I think taurine works better if I take it 1-2 hours before.
Anyway i feel good.
Today, 7 hours of gardening, using trimmer, pushing my mower and carring bags of grass... 24 hours after orgasm.
Absolutely impossible some years ago.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2016, 08:25:44 PM »

b_jim, it would be nice if we could somehow get a POIS-clinical-trial with taurine!

For example:
http://www.lillytrialguide.com/EN/studies

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:48:41 PM by demografx »

b_jim

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2016, 02:06:51 PM »
Good idea but we are not enough :)
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2016, 08:25:47 PM »
Good idea but we are not enough :)

You're right, b_jim, the same thing happened to me when I approached my testosterone manufacturer for a clinical trial (they said "not enough users").

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:28:25 PM by demografx »

b_jim

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2016, 02:18:24 AM »
We will see the conclusion of the current study.
Maybe they will say some supplements or plants might "calm down" or regulate the vagus nerve, or something like that.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Going less Crazy

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2016, 05:05:41 PM »
Bjim, just wondering what type or kind of sugar you are eating that makes pois worse?  I wonder if it may be the source of your sugar causing you problems.  As I've said before I can have spoonfuls of honey without any sort of problem, but a little bag of skittles will set off brain fog and pois symptoms.  Just want to know if it's any kind of sugar for you or if it's coming from a specific food that may be causing your symptoms.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

b_jim

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2016, 01:12:37 AM »
It's a good question. White sugar and junk food are clearly the worst. White rice/white bread in second. Fruit are ok. For honey, i never try its influence on my Pois. Honey is supposed to notelevate too much blood sugar so it may be ok.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »
Thanks for the honey tip...I need to get off refined sugar!

b_jim

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2016, 03:54:22 PM »
Taurine still works for me. Best way is to take 1 hour before orgasm.

Taurine seems to have an activity close to neurostransmitter Gaba.
Some guys here smoke cannabis against Pois which influence Gaba levels (via cannabidoid receptor in nervous system).
The influence of Gaba and the symptoms of low Gaba levels are interesting compared to early Pois symptoms.

There are links between Gaba and prolactine :  gaba down-regulates prolactine.
We know prolactine is involved in orgasm.

And to finish, sugar influence Gaba release in pancreas... (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16249254).

I think maybe there are some elements to look for here.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:59:12 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

staypositive

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2016, 04:46:10 AM »
I was taking 1500mg taurine daily, but never really before orgasm. Never felt a difference, will do that again 1h before O.

Will report back then.

b_jim

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2016, 04:20:31 AM »
I'm sorry it doen't help you. To be honnest, only 4 or 5 men have improvment with taurine. Probably we have the same pack of symptoms (mental confusion, muscle weakness, sensible to carbs, underweight, nervous, premature ejaculation....)
 This is not a success for th whole pois communauty. It may prove there are several form of pois.
Taurine = Anti-Pois