Author Topic: Summary of Treatments  (Read 102688 times)

Ccconfucius

Summary of Treatments
« on: April 26, 2011, 07:12:02 PM »
This where all the treatments tried will be listed so when forum gets much bigger new people can zone in to what helps.
Each successful treatment  will have a  short paragraph about it and also how many people and the names of the people that it was sucessfull with.
There will also be a list of treatments that werent successful so people can see what not to try. This list will also contain short paragraph and who tried it.
I will like this Topic to be permanently in one of the Top three so it will be easy to find.

These section is not for discussions it is just for adding treatments.

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Summary of Treatments
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:42:59 AM »
Quote from: pyropeach
Something I wanted to bring up before is my somewhat effective use of Chinese medicine.  While in China, the Chinese doctor told me my kidneys are weak and recommended I drink a cup of the following medicine twice a day.  10g cinnamon bark, 10g dried ginger, 10g fresh ginger, and 8 dried dates boiled in a pot until half the water evaporates.  After drinking this for a few months now, I have noticed more mental and physical energy that help compensate for the brain fog, anxiety, and overall fatigue. 
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Ccconfucius

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:23:14 PM »

LIST OF HELPFUL TREATMENTS

Niacin

Niacin is a B - Vitamin important to many functions in the body, but for poisers it is very powerful tool against pois. It was discovered by a group memeber and his doctor.  Those that have used niacin say it reduces their symptoms from within the range of 80% and 100%.  You can use niacin as a shot or as a pill. The pill form can be the flush type which is called nicotinic acid or the non flush type which is called niacinamide. You can look through the niacin discussion part of the forum to decide which form and is better for you. But most people have seen results with the flush type niacin.   As group we are not sure why niacin works but the two prevailing theories are associated with histamine.   Either niacin is using up the histamine need to create allergy reaction caused by orgasm or is a precursor for creating histamine because we are low on histamine.  Be careful while using niacin to frequent of use can damage your liver and the flush created from the flush type will be very intense if dosage to high.  As with any drugs make sure you consult with your doctor while using niacin.

Members:  
victor.kon, observercenter, daveman, jivetalk, guthrie, vincentmarcus

Dosage:
injection; .1ml of 75mg xanithol nicotinate

Pills;   150mg xanithol nicotinate,  200mg nicotinic acid  flush type, 1000mg niancinamide.

Procedure:  

Using niacin on a empty stomach/ 6 hours of  fasting
     -  use 100 - 200mg of niacin
     -  wait until the flush passes before orgasm, by this time the itching has stopped and skin redness is disappearing. ( this process takes about 30 mins to an hour or   more depending on you or how empty stomach is).
     -   Now you  can have orgasm.  By this time niacin has converted.

Using niacin  a short time after eating (1-4 hrs preferably a light meal)
    - break pill open for the powder form.
    - put first half of powder under tongue and let it sit until it is absorbed (try not to swallow).
    - then put second half of powder under tongue and let it absorb ( try not to swallow).
    -  this flush should much faster, as previous example wait till flush disappears before orgasm.

Using niancimide
    - use pill and wait 1-2hrs before orgasm

Injection
* before doing this you must get consent and advise of your doctor.
       - inject .1ml of 75mg xanithol nicotinate before orgasm.
       -  flush kicks in right away so you don't have to wait as long.
       -  possible maximum wait time before orgasm 5hrs.

* You have to experiment to see if you can have multiple orgasms
 *  You also have to experiment to see what is the most time  you can wait after using niacin before orgasm and your most optimal time.

This link contains a list of others who have tried niacin.  
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=235.msg2958#msg2958

Fenugreek

Fenugreek is popularly used as an herb and as a spice.  There is currently no scientific research that can directly link this compound to POIS as there is little active research on fenugreek.  Most research of the research focuses on using fenugreek to treat diabetes and has been found to enhance the uptake of plasma glucose in Type I diabetic patients.  Strangely, some have found symptomatic relief by taking fenugreek supplements. For more  information there is a discussion board under hormones about fenugreek.

Link for fenugreek experience:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1057.msg9548#msg9548

Members: Cornelius, Hurray, Shahnameh(nsf),Porke(nsf),Guthrie(nsf) Longwalkhome(nsf), John21(nsf), Vincentmarcus,Observer,.
bitu8489(nsf)
Dosage: Solaray – Fenugreek, 1240mg tablets, 15-20 seed perday soaked overnight and  used in the morning.

Saw Palmetto

Saw palmetto is another herb used in alternative medicine for multiple illnesses.  There is scientific evidence it helps with bph and could probably help with male baldness. Poisers that have used it have seen improvements in many of their symptoms.  Extra information can be found using the link below.

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1061.msg9577#msg9577

Relora

Some have found Relora, a herbal supplement, to immensely improve symptoms and, in one case, completely resolve POIS.  It seems most that benefit from this supplement is within the first category of sufferers described earlier.  It has been found to reduce brain fog, help restore concentration, reduce palpitations, and reduce anxiety.  The dosage varies according to the individual.  Some continuously take this supplement per the distributer’s instructions and others only take a dose before or after orgasm.
The mechanism of action is not known.  However, the manufacturers claim that Relora reduces cortisol and thereby relieves stress.  Based on the theoretical role of cortisol in POIS, the potential reduction of cortisol may be what leads to the relieving effects.

Members:
Tarkington, Limejuice,  Pyropeach, Pantaloon,goingcrazy, nTonic, John21,tazzy, ad75

Dosage: Varies

Phospatidylseine

Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a phospholipid that naturally occurs in our cells.  It is advertised to possess cognitive-enhancing effects.  However, there are no significant scientific findings that support this claim.  In 2003, the FDA stated that “there is no significant scientific agreement among qualified experts that a relationship exists between PS and reduced risk of dementia or cognitive dysfunction.”  Interestingly, this supplement has relieved POIS symptoms to a small degree in terms of restoring concentration and clearing brain-fog in various sufferers.  As with Relora, the optimum dosage varies according to the individual.
Manufacturers of PS openly claim it enhances communication between brain cells by increasing the number of receptor sites.  They also make a number of other claims about the beneficial effects of PS on the brain, but they fail to present scientific evidence to back their claims. Brand used was  Source Naturals – Phophatidyl Serine Matrix, 500mg tablets.

Members:
Limejuice,Pyropeach

Dosage: Varies

Garlic

Some forum members have been been having good success with Garlic.  They chew gloves of garlic before or after orgasm. They feel an improvement in their symptoms immediately after chewing the garlic. Here is a quote from a pois sufferer who used garlic, "I began to take garlic cloves and the result was immediate... specially with the brain fog *AFTER* the orgasm. If you take them *BEFORE* you have less (-70,80%) POIS symptoms after O, at least in my case. And then, was Fenugreek´s time. Seriously, it´s amazing". Since garlic has such strong smell and taste some have tried to work around those properties by  trying odourless garlic forms with no good results.When trying garlic you want to go with supplements that provides the garlic in its full form.

Members:
Observer, Vincent Marcus, Horizon

Dosage; Cloves of Garlic, 5000mg of Holland and barrett's garlic oil capsule.

Adderall

The popular add drug adderal is also one of the tool used in fighting pois. The drug is intended to help those with lack of attention focus but when normal people use it they get stimulant effect that helps them get their daily activities done much quicker. For those with pois, this drug is enticing because its stimulating and fatigue reducing effect.

Members:
Demografx, Nick_B_85(nsf)

Dosage:
Recommendation by doctor.

Vitamin B12

Vitamins B's play several role in the body including being important  to brain functions and energy.  It has been tried by several members with good results. Some of the theories behind the success of vitamin Bs are they help replenish brain neurotransmitters, they replace something lost after ejaculation and they help reduce excess histamine produced by the body.

This link provides forum members' experience with vitamin b's  http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1059.msg9571#msg9571.

LINKS:
Bjim's NSF treatment summary, http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg201517#msg201517
Google website treatment summary,  
http://sites.google.com/site/poiswebsite/test-page/successful-methods
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:23:35 PM by CertainlyPOIS »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »

It's an exciting time for POIS with several people reporting positive results from treatments like Niacin (many members) and desensitization (Vandemolen and myself), and some confirmed cases of testosterone (Demo), desensitization (2 cases in Waldinger's paper) and "male hysterectomy" (Animus) working.  There's hope!

Willem, terrific state-of-the-art summary of POIS treatment! Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:16:22 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »

LIST OF HELPFUL TREATMENTS

Fenugreek

Relora

Phospatidylseine

Garlic

Adderall

CC, excellent detailed reporting of some extensively tried items over several years!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:28:39 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 06:47:35 AM »

It's an exciting time for POIS with several people reporting positive results from treatments like Niacin (many members) and desensitization (Vandemolen and myself), and some confirmed cases of testosterone (Demo), desensitization (2 cases in Waldinger's paper) and "male hysterectomy" (Animus) working.  There's hope!

Willem, terrific state-of-the-art summary of POIS treatment! Thank you.

There's a silent member here in Chile too that has taken on a desesitization program in Santiago, through an allergist (controlled). He started maybe 2 or 3 months ago so so far not much to report. But I'm sure that in a bit we'll start to hear back.

Imagine even in Chile there's hope!!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
There´s a survey that was taken a while back with a lot of information. We are going to be digitizing this and providing access and editing available on site.
It will be better organized (that the original survey) so that it can be used in a relational manner.

It would be better to recompile all of the information that we have spent years in gathering than to start all over again on yet another platform.

Jon

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
Guys, As many of you know I have a constant, extremely debilitating POIS, on bad days I freeze with no thoughts like a dementia patient. Paranoia, fog, and physical symptoms..

I took Chlorella, Vitamin C, And ZMA afterwards to go with the niacin I had taken before the orgasm. I recovered much quicker than usual and within a few days I felt more alert and clear than I had felt in a while. I had a purpose in life again. I continued to cycle these products daily and this continued for over a week. My libido was back, Could smile, Got tons done. Have not had one orgasm since and int he past few days I have begun to feel the alertness leaving and as well as my energy. I was thinking maybe placebo but then again I was sustaining the good feelings for over a week. I believe that these medications effected some areas that are deficient and I'm just trying to figure out how to sustain the wellness. I fear that I'm slipping back.

Naked Scientists member, 'Kurtosis', actually was the one who suggested a few of the products to me as he has had consistent relief for a long period of time. I will be trying different herbs to try and sustain some sort of health. Hoping I can come up with a treatment regiment of some kind, the suffering is extensive as you all know first hand.

Best,

Jon.
My cognitive symptoms started suddenly during an orgasm when I was 16. I then developed my POIS and cognitive/physical symptoms became very severe. Had to leave work and school. This year I had 60% success with regimen. Recently the symptoms have gotten worse again. Let's help each other.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
I wonder if, rather than take the supplements, daily that you take them just around the "O"-

Experiment with timing. I think Vit C is good to take regularly, niacin ONLY before "O", taken after can actually make things worse for some. The rest of the stuff, I don't know.

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »
I've been taking 2g of Vitamin C (500mg), and drinking 4 glasses of high-calcium milk (high-calcium milk powder) daily during my POIS (caused by nocturnal emission). I actually feel the difference (my symptoms are mainly in my brain). I'll continue with this approach and see if it further improves my symptoms. I'm on abstinence too.

Besides, I found the following book contains lots of practical information on nutrition (from which we could gain inspiration on finding the cure for POIS): Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit. It's very helpful to me.

The following websites contains lots of information on cortisol and its effects on our body. I list them down in an order of their usefulness. I hope it saves your time in searching the cortisol-related information:
http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/cortisol.htm
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/757599.html
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=252375

*Thanks warriors, you made me feel like I'm not fighting it all alone.*
It started ever since my first orgasm. It lasts exactly for 7 days. Symptoms mainly in the brain: extreme mental  fatigue, difficulty concentrating, inability to comprehend/retain what is read,shortened attention span, loss of speech fluency, cloudy mindedness, mild headache, and anxiousness

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 09:07:43 AM »
Thanks 0002ppdnous,

Niacin wipes out the mental symptoms.

If niacin would work for you, you could have more sex during the day and perhaps avoid the Nocturnals.

See our niacin threads. Do a search on the site for niacin.

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 02:04:31 AM »
Unfortunately, too much of Vit-C caused me diarrhea, and too much of high-calcium milk caused me sleepy all day long.
So, I now cut down on Vit-C, only take it when I feel the need. Also, I'll only drink one glass of milk at night before I go to bed.

Besides, I took two doses of Relora, and it made me really feel bad.
I felt a kind of pressure/uneasiness in the stomach.
I'd decided to stop using it, at least for now.

Thanks for the suggestion for niacin, I'll try one by one so that I know what is the cause of relief, if any.

Today, I started eating two cloves of crunched garlic in the morning, it helps as usual, not completely though. I chewed it in my mouth, and oh my god it's really hot. How does everyone bear with the heat? I'm not sure if I can handle another two cloves tomorrow.

I recalled when I was young, my mom cooked mushroom chicken with garlic, I felt much better after eating. Since then, garlic has become my favorite food. Then, I wasn't sure that it is the garlic.

I'll buy some fenugreek too, since many said it's better to pair fenugreek with garlic.
Way to go~ everybody.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:11:27 AM by 0002ppdnuos »
It started ever since my first orgasm. It lasts exactly for 7 days. Symptoms mainly in the brain: extreme mental  fatigue, difficulty concentrating, inability to comprehend/retain what is read,shortened attention span, loss of speech fluency, cloudy mindedness, mild headache, and anxiousness

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 04:20:36 PM »
Today, I topped my toast with margarine and garlic minces, the garlic cloves work really well for me, I mean whole day long, especially on my stomach.
Weird enough, when I feel good in my abdomen, I feel better in my brain, and sleep better at night. They seems all interrelated. Again, the symptoms do not disappear completely.

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »
I'd like to share an experience here.

Every time POIS occurs, I could not sleep at the proper time. And I found out that this syndrome is recognized as the Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. A number of website elaborates on this topic, one of which is listed below:
http://www.healthcommunities.com/delayed-sleep-phase-syndrome/treatment.shtml

Out of a number of treatments suggested in the above-mentioned website, I found Chronotherapy works best for me. It meant sleep 3 hrs later than that at which you go to bed the previous night. When I sleep enough, the POIS symptoms is less severe/ more bearable.

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »
Today, I started eating two cloves of crunched garlic in the morning, it helps as usual, not completely though. I chewed it in my mouth, and oh my god it's really hot. How does everyone bear with the heat? I'm not sure if I can handle another two cloves tomorrow.

I'll buy some fenugreek too, since many said it's better to pair fenugreek with garlic.

I usually chew only one clove of garlic and I wash down each bite with whole milk. Sometimes I add some cream to the milk to make it thicker. I take 2 fenugreek capsules right before I eat the garlic. Eating the garlic with another food such as bread or rice may work if you don't like milk.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 08:03:26 AM »

I usually chew only one clove of garlic and I wash down each bite with whole milk. Sometimes I add some cream to the milk to make it thicker. I take 2 fenugreek capsules right before I eat the garlic. Eating the garlic with another food such as bread or rice may work if you don't like milk.

I've never done garlic because of the social stigma! I guess you just have to say "the hell with it" right?

I LOVE garlic. But when I have some great chip dip with a lot of garlic or something, I can hardly stand myself the next day, not to mention the rest of the world.
How do you manage that?

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »

I LOVE garlic. But when I have some great chip dip with a lot of garlic or something, I can hardly stand myself the next day, not to mention the rest of the world.
How do you manage that?

I only eat garlic when I know I won't have to be around anyone important the next day(s). Also I don't have much of a sense of smell so I can't smell it.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

vandam

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 06:00:05 AM »
Hi guys, I`m a new member here. I  almost read everything in this forum. I`ve pois since I was 12 and at this moment I`m 25.

There are many thing you guys already tried, like VitB`s, Vit C ...
I`ve been thinking about all the possible causes of POIS, like `what goes out has to go in` `allergy` `auto-immune`..
So I was thinking about the possible teatment; it sounds crazy, but I think we have to discuss it. Some members of my family and some other friends underwent the vasectomy as a permanent form of conception. I`m young and I want to have kids in the future, but for older people with POIS it may be a sollution. And there are many possibilities for this people to have children, like frozen sperm/undo the vasectomy, in case they decide to have children later.

Whats your opinion in this?
Thank you.

vandam

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 06:01:58 AM »

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 08:13:17 AM »
There was one guy here and vasectomy did not help or POIS.