Author Topic: Summary of Treatments  (Read 107298 times)

Hoping

Re: Summary of Treatments
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 10:18:27 PM »
Hi guys, I`m a new member here. I  almost read everything in this forum. I`ve pois since I was 12 and at this moment I`m 25.

There are many thing you guys already tried, like VitB`s, Vit C ...
I`ve been thinking about all the possible causes of POIS, like `what goes out has to go in` `allergy` `auto-immune`..
So I was thinking about the possible teatment; it sounds crazy, but I think we have to discuss it. Some members of my family and some other friends underwent the vasectomy as a permanent form of conception. I`m young and I want to have kids in the future, but for older people with POIS it may be a sollution. And there are many possibilities for this people to have children, like frozen sperm/undo the vasectomy, in case they decide to have children later.

Whats your opinion in this?
Thank you.
I'm also interested to see if this is effective.
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

simplethingsinlife

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »
Hello all, just wanted to thank everyone here, I took niacin (B3) last night 20 minutes before having sex; I feel great today. Today was the first time in 8 years that I can work effectively after spending the night with my gf. Thank you for this discussion board, and if you havent already, please try niacin B3 vitamine.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 01:15:40 PM »
Love to hear these kinds of things, that's what we're here for.

Great for you!!

Now we just have to get it working for everybody!!  ;)
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

vonstermommy

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »
Simple Things,

I am SO happy for you!  Daveman, how else can we get the word out besides the forum? 

Im the wife of a man suffering from POIS. 300 Niacin. Feel free to give your wife my email address!

simplethingsinlife

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »
Again, I dont know if this is a permanent fix, but as its been almost 24 hours with barely any symptoms, I still have a smile on my face. I am a grad student and was extremely inspired by the abc documentary featuring the Spanish student that started taking niacin and changed his life.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3474801.htm

Please take a look at the video if you havent already. Although like all of you, Ive been suffering from this for sometime (as far back as I can remember) and hope one day soon we can have a cure to it. Ive seen 4 different doctors over the past 8 years about this and only recently did one shed some light on it and actually mentioned the name POIS to me. I dont know if Niacine is a temporary fix or not, or if it only works with specific cases. I hope future work can solve this mystery.

Keep the hope everyone, lets get the word out.

One more big thank you for this breathe of fresh air.

vonstermommy

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 12:30:22 AM »
I believe this was the first newscast about POIS - 2011 This is the video Ive given to family give them more info about POIS. Most say, "I had no idea it was that bad!"  A must watch for POIS and others...

The Learning Channel's (TLC) feature TV presentation on POIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sdaR18vw1s
Im the wife of a man suffering from POIS. 300 Niacin. Feel free to give your wife my email address!

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 05:08:16 AM »
Again, I dont know if this is a permanent fix, but as its been almost 24 hours with barely any symptoms, I still have a smile on my face. I am a grad student and was extremely inspired by the abc documentary featuring the Spanish student that started taking niacin and changed his life.

Hi simplethingsinlife! I am the spanish student who appears in the video, i  am really glad that niacin has worked on you, too! I have another smile in my face due to your success  ;D

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »
I believe this was the first newscast about POIS - 2011 This is the video Ive given to family give them more info about POIS. Most say, "I had no idea it was that bad!"  A must watch for POIS and others...

The Learning Channel's (TLC) feature TV presentation on POIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sdaR18vw1s

Yep, that's our one and only "Animus", a member of our forums.

Animus graciously stepped forward, (Which is very hard for us to do) when they polled us to see if we had someone who would go public.

That show reached a LOT of sufferes. It's these kind of things that get the word out, help people to understand WHAT this really is.

THANK again Animus.

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 08:32:56 AM »

Hi simplethingsinlife! I am the spanish student who appears in the video, i  am really glad that niacin has worked on you, too! I have another smile in my face due to your success  ;D

Thanks Observer for all you do. Simplethings, Observer is another member who not only posts regularly, but works hard in the background to move and shake our POIS movement! The time required is WELL paid when we see a new member like yourself coming to join in on the relief and benefits that we together can provide.

We have an Indiegogo campaign just about ready to come out, probably this week! I would LOVE to see another $10,000 come in from that.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »
I was wondering if we can change something in the summary treatment of niacin.  Maybe we can add a general procedure on how people are taking it.  eg.  "have an O an hour after flushing"  or maybe a recommended amount to start with if you are first trying it.  I don't take niacin to ofter but I am going to start and I really need to know the general "niacin taking" procedure.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Ccconfucius

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »
I was wondering if we can change something in the summary treatment of niacin.  Maybe we can add a general procedure on how people are taking it.  eg.  "have an O an hour after flushing"  or maybe a recommended amount to start with if you are first trying it.  I don't take niacin to ofter but I am going to start and I really need to know the general "niacin taking" procedure.

good idea i will get on that.

for time being i believe you use it and wait untill all the flush is gone before orgasm. 
Using it on an empty stomach is the best. 
if you eat wait\ 4hrs before using it.
go on niacin thread it has lots of information

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 11:37:43 AM »

for time being i believe you use it and wait untill all the flush is gone before orgasm. 

Oddly enough the early orthomolecular psychiatry researchers (early to mid 70s) published some papers where they say the peak prostaglandin output from niacin consumption occurs after about 3-4 hours.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »

Oddly enough the early orthomolecular psychiatry researchers (early to mid 70s) published some papers where they say the peak prostaglandin output from niacin consumption occurs after about 3-4 hours.

Who's up for doing that experiment.... waiting those 3 or 4 hrs!!

I would, but I'd fear that it might not work. I don't want more POIS!!

But I assume by your comment that it is the prostaglandin output that is so involved in the process!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
BTW Kurtosis,

When I was younger and more foolish  ;D, I used to take B-Complex and vitamin C before going out to party. They had said that it reduces the hangover.

I would take one pill (fairly strong does, but don't remember the amount) and 1000mg vit C a few hours before going out, another during and another before going to bed.

But by "goodness" it worked. My hangovers were about 25% of what they should have been.

It felt sort of like magic, and it feels like the saem magic that happens with niacin.

What could be happening there?

kurtosis

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »
BTW Kurtosis,

When I was younger and more foolish  ;D, I used to take B-Complex and vitamin C before going out to party. They had said that it reduces the hangover.

I would take one pill (fairly strong does, but don't remember the amount) and 1000mg vit C a few hours before going out, another during and another before going to bed.

But by "goodness" it worked. My hangovers were about 25% of what they should have been.

It felt sort of like magic, and it feels like the saem magic that happens with niacin.

What could be happening there?

Oddly enough, prostaglandin inhibition, getting some water to dilute the alcohol and b vitamins to replenish what's used up by the alcohol. Vitamin C stimulates and inhibits prostaglandin release depending on the source of the synthesis.
See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1492101
It's why GoingCrazy got some relief from Vit C (I think :))

That was one of the reasons I got fixated a few years back on the idea this was all to do with candida producing alcohol in my gut. POIS and alcoholism appear to have similar symptoms but without the partying and waking up in strange places. With POIS, the strange and unfamiliar place you wake up in is probably your own bed. Doh!

kurtosis

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2012, 02:48:49 PM »

But I assume by your comment that it is the prostaglandin output that is so involved in the process!

Absolutely, that's my belief. Actually, I re-read the paper and in most inflammations (if the niacin flush is like that) the prostaglandin levels would continue to rise past those 3-4 hours. It's a worthwhile experiment for someone to do. I might have a go but I'd have to stop taking ginkgo, gotu kola, b vits and all the other groovy stuff that has me motoring around like I don't have POIS :)

The orthomolecular psychiatrists believed the following based on their test results.

Of great importance is the fact that prostaglandins not only mediate inflammation and immunity but also limit these processes as well; hence the conclusion: prostaglandins are modulators of in- flammation and immunity. Although the complexities of this operation are beyond our present comprehension, in general it appears that low concentrations are associated with inflammation and high concentrations with inhibition of in- flammatory and immune mechanisms.

So what I'm wondering is does the protective effect actually increase following waiting for a few hours?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »

Absolutely, that's my belief. Actually, I re-read the paper and in most inflammations (if the niacin flush is like that) the prostaglandin levels would continue to rise past those 3-4 hours. It's a worthwhile experiment for someone to do. I might have a go but I'd have to stop taking ginkgo, gotu kola, b vits and all the other groovy stuff that has me motoring around like I don't have POIS :)

The orthomolecular psychiatrists believed the following based on their test results.

Of great importance is the fact that prostaglandins not only mediate inflammation and immunity but also limit these processes as well; hence the conclusion: prostaglandins are modulators of in- flammation and immunity. Although the complexities of this operation are beyond our present comprehension, in general it appears that low concentrations are associated with inflammation and high concentrations with inhibition of in- flammatory and immune mechanisms.

So what I'm wondering is does the protective effect actually increase following waiting for a few hours?

Come on, who'll try it. maybe someone who has a mediocre response to niacin can see if waiting 3 or 4 hrs after taking the niacin helps relieve symptoms better.

If your present response is mediocre, you don't stand to loose as much if it doesn't work, and if positive, then better results!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 03:22:58 PM »
It would also help us refine the theory!