Author Topic: Summary of Treatments  (Read 107300 times)

Going less Crazy

Re: Summary of Treatments
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
yes Kurtosis, sadly I don't take the "C" anymore.  I think after taking it for a while it did have a profound affect on my sleep.  Even though I felt pretty good, the sleep was catching up on me.  I think vitamin C stays in the system after taking it a few times in a row. 

I'm not sure if I want to try 3-4 hours after niacin.  It seems like the affects of niacin wouldn't be there, but who knows  ???

???
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 11:24:47 PM »
So what I'm wondering is does the protective effect actually increase following waiting for a few hours?

In the past I remember once waiting a very long time after the flush (like 2-3 hours), long enough where I didn't feel any remaining effects from the niacin at all. This seemed to give me much more relief than I have had when I only waited 20 minutes or so after the flush. I'm one of the people that doesn't usually get good results from niacin. It seems to help me in the very short term, but the next day is terrible. But it could also be the number of orgasms I have (I have about 4-7 within the span of about 15 minutes, but only around once a week), which absolutely screws up my cognitive functioning for a few days. So yes, in my case longer waiting is better, although I'm sure there is a time limit when the niacin would eventually wear off.

PS: I still take 1-2g vitamin C along with the other supplements and their doses every day, but don't know if the C has any effect on my POIS (I don't think it does).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:27:38 PM by Prancer »

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2012, 03:30:03 AM »
So what I'm wondering is does the protective effect actually increase following waiting for a few hours?

In the past I remember once waiting a very long time after the flush (like 2-3 hours), long enough where I didn't feel any remaining effects from the niacin at all. This seemed to give me much more relief than I have had when I only waited 20 minutes or so after the flush. I'm one of the people that doesn't usually get good results from niacin. It seems to help me in the very short term, but the next day is terrible. But it could also be the number of orgasms I have (I have about 4-7 within the span of about 15 minutes, but only around once a week), which absolutely screws up my cognitive functioning for a few days. So yes, in my case longer waiting is better, although I'm sure there is a time limit when the niacin would eventually wear off.

PS: I still take 1-2g vitamin C along with the other supplements and their doses every day, but don't know if the C has any effect on my POIS (I don't think it does).

Fascinating result. It's a start but we probably need to repeat it and with more than one person. It could be a few days before I could do it because of the other stuff I have in my system. 

I'm not sure about the C either. it makes me feel quite energetic but the way I'm taking it now is different to how I started taking it.

It will have an inhibitory effect on prostaglandin release in some circumstances so one of the effects I noticed was that if I took it after an O was that it reduced my POIS symptoms.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1492101
This was when I first tried it ages ago. but Prostaglandin has one of those sort of U shaped inflammation effect graphs. If you're using niacin correctly I suspect that you'll have enough prostaglandins in your system that they have the inflammation management effect rather than the inflammation creating effect. In that case, lowering levels with vitamin C, even targeted, might not do much. If you're not using niacin then trying to lower it just after an O might be a good thing.

Anyway, interesting about the niacin.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »

II have noticed that, if for some reason, I have a hard time getting a flush and have to take more (I do this a bit at a time, so it takes longer to finish the niacin), that I get good results despite the lesser flush. So it could be that in those cases, I wait at least an hour after the taking the niacin, when it's usually 25 minutes.

The other is that it could be that it works even without flush because the flush mechanism is blocked (due to heavier digestion..not having fasted ) yet I have the required amount of niacin in my blood??

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Ccconfucius

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »
daveman and other successful niacin users what do you think of procedure i wrote any changes you recommend.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »
daveman and other successful niacin users what do you think of procedure i wrote any changes you recommend.

Hi CC I saw this:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=75.msg5820#msg5820

and was waiting for a formal definition, but can't seem to find it.

I have also written a couple of "recipes" for taking niacin, here and there, but can never find them. We should have one thread dedicated to just the formula and perhaps variations.

If you strated something can you indicate where it is?

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

kurtosis

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »

Does anyone else want to try this? Waiting 3-4 hours after taking niacin to have an O. I had a go and it does seem to work much better than taking niacin 30 minutes before an O, for me anyway. There might be a benefit to letting the prostaglandin synthesis continue for a few hours. It doesn't end with the flush as far as I'm aware and niacin consumption actually increases prostaglandin levels as part of a prostanoid "cascade".

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 08:43:04 AM »
I might try going to 1.5 hrs.... If that works, the next time I'll take it longer.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 10:42:41 AM »

Hi CC I saw this:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=75.msg5820#msg5820

and was waiting for a formal definition, but can't seem to find it.

I have also written a couple of "recipes" for taking niacin, here and there, but can never find them. We should have one thread dedicated to just the formula and perhaps variations.

If you strated something can you indicate where it is?

am not sure what you mean by formal definiton,  i guess i dont know what i am defining

but at the begining of this thread i have summary for some successful methods including niacin

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 04:02:57 PM »
Sorry you're right!!

Actually I might try to find time to reorganize all this a little. This thread should be limited to summaries of treatments to help make them clearer.

I may have to move some of the conversations to more appropriate locations!!

Your description looks good. We may adapt it once we see if it works better waiting longer after taking the niacin.

We might be able to add some detail to the niacin process too.

Hope I get time this weekend!!

Going less Crazy

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »
Sorry you're right!!

Actually I might try to find time to reorganize all this a little. This thread should be limited to summaries of treatments to help make them clearer.

I may have to move some of the conversations to more appropriate locations!!

Your description looks good. We may adapt it once we see if it works better waiting longer after taking the niacin.

We might be able to add some detail to the niacin process too.

Hope I get time this weekend!!

I'd recommend maybe just taking certainlypois's third post and move that to the top post.  

I just took 50 mg of benadryl after a good niacin flush and had 2 "O's".  So far no symptoms, just a feeling of relaxation.  This may be my new combo.

p.s.  How many O's can you have after taking niacin?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:13:45 AM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Hoping

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 10:45:02 PM »
I just took 50 mg of benadryl after a good niacin flush and had 2 "O's".  So far no symptoms, just a feeling of relaxation.  This may be my new combo.

Interesting. How long before O did you take the niacin (and then the benadryl)? I experimented with benadryl in the "early days" of POIS without much luck. I've thought about giving it another shot though.
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 11:08:42 AM »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

UnderstandingPois

Free of pois for a long time.
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »
so ive been free of pois for years? Anyway so long that i can have sex now with no consequ and that pois never crossed my mind for so long.    Ive been on adderall 20 mg two times daily.  And i found out supplements n vitamins actually make me feel very crappy and so ive stayed away from multivitamins and added vitamins in food. So adderall takes away that awfull pois feeling and symptoms and its like a nice ahh yeaaaa feeling.  So adderall and no multivitamins or vitamins supplements . I truely think that trying to make myself feel better from pois was making it so much worse by trying to be healthy and healthy . Herbs vitamins and more made me sicker. By the way i havent had that chalky stuff come out since i was pois free.

UnderstandingPois

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 05:22:02 PM »
the effects i get from taking a multivitamin is. Irritablness , feel crappy cant think at all or use personality trait thoughts. Severe depression. Everythings looks duller and is so bright and bothers me. No emotion . No energy . I noticed while taking it waayy harder to control urge of orgasm. Cause of all the awfullness and depression. Basically feel like hell. And i cannot believe one multivitamin does all that to me without adderall. And so much more horrible stuff like no socializing at all. Will stay away from people. Crushes personality completely. In every way it makes me sick and dead.  Cant proccess or understand things at all really very hard. Have to reread and reread to understand. My pois started when i hit puberty. And around the same time i started taking multivitamins and vitamins. So if that long i was taking them for and how i feel crappy just taking one multivitamin. Im so sure for me that thats what that chalky white stuff was , build up. First time my condition improved was when i was taking supplements and prozac n others and i had a orgasm and pop i felt in my head and all this chalky stuff came out for a long time in a big matter.  I cant ever imagine going thrue pois ever again. Its the definition of hell.  Im so glad those days are over. Yearsn years. Hope maybe this will benefit someone?

Egordon

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 11:15:40 PM »
Yeah, I too have noticed that although B vitamins are really effective for getting my energy, blood flow and mental function up, after about a week they begin to cause an absolutely crushing fatigue. I don't know what to do about it. I'm thinking of just kind of scaling back how often i use them.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how'd you fix it?
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

kurtosis

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 06:00:39 AM »
Yeah, I too have noticed that although B vitamins are really effective for getting my energy, blood flow and mental function up, after about a week they begin to cause an absolutely crushing fatigue. I don't know what to do about it. I'm thinking of just kind of scaling back how often i use them.

I only take one of the b coenzymated complex once a day. The recommended daily dose from the producer is twice that but I've found taking less over a longer time is better.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2012, 06:04:38 AM »
the effects i get from taking a multivitamin is. Irritablness , feel crappy cant think at all or use personality trait thoughts. Severe depression. Everythings looks duller and is so bright and bothers me. No emotion . No energy . I noticed while taking it waayy harder to control urge of orgasm. Cause of all the awfullness and depression. Basically feel like hell. And i cannot believe one multivitamin does all that to me without adderall. And so much more horrible stuff like no socializing at all. Will stay away from people. Crushes personality completely. In every way it makes me sick and dead.  Cant proccess or understand things at all really very hard. Have to reread and reread to understand. My pois started when i hit puberty. And around the same time i started taking multivitamins and vitamins. So if that long i was taking them for and how i feel crappy just taking one multivitamin. Im so sure for me that thats what that chalky white stuff was , build up. First time my condition improved was when i was taking supplements and prozac n others and i had a orgasm and pop i felt in my head and all this chalky stuff came out for a long time in a big matter.  I cant ever imagine going thrue pois ever again. Its the definition of hell.  Im so glad those days are over. Yearsn years. Hope maybe this will benefit someone?

Hey UnderstandingPois,

Long time!

Glad you're feeling better. I agree about the multi-vitamins. At one point I started taking multi-vits and they made things WAY worse. Like maybe 5 times worse. I guess that's why I was surprised that just niacin, and/or the B vitamins worked so well. With niacin, I'm like you, no POIS!

Kurtosis said it not too long ago, POIS is a little different for each person, yet the "broken system" is the same for everybody. It's just what part of it is broken and how that makes the difference.

It seems to me for instance that Adderall doesn't work for many, nor does niacin work for all. So it's still vital to get to the bottom of all of this.

The important is that you are POIS free, and "chalky stuff free" too!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »

I only take one of the b coenzymated complex once a day. The recommended daily dose from the producer is twice that but I've found taking less over a longer time is better.

In my case, the B-Complex doesn´t do much (for POIS). Perhaps, in lighter doses it makes me feel a little more "healthy". But the niacin is the key element.

Of course, I know this is not the case for everybody. The ideal is that the B-Complex works for those for whom the niacin does not!

It just may be a matter of finding the particular balance for each one. I guess that could be done by proper testing. What do you think?

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
davemen the flush is the key of niacin
i mean after flush u get then u feel ok ???
witamin b complex is lying in my dustbin ..... it does not work
yes b1 is working a bit ..... i dont know i am feeling better , i am not sure ..........
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK