Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 920526 times)

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #840 on: May 14, 2013, 10:55:38 AM »
please can anyone tell me how to cure the mental fog that occurs after arousal

fenugreek + green tea improves my cognition during POIS. As does saw palmetto, huperzine, and ginkgo. More details can be found in my treatment summary linked to underneath this comment.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Bulbo

« Reply #841 on: May 16, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »
please can anyone tell me how to cure the mental fog that occurs after arousal

fenugreek + green tea improves my cognition during POIS. As does saw palmetto, huperzine, and ginkgo. More details can be found in my treatment summary linked to underneath this comment.
Thanks for replying. I am in college. In order to study well , I have to find a way to reduce the mental fog that occurs after arousal. I accidentally found that by eating a multivitamin tablet the mental fog was reduced. One of its ingredients was nicotinamide 100 mg. Since niacin has anti inflammatory actions, I concluded that Nicotinamide 100 mg reduced the mental fog that occured after arousal. So i need nicotinamide tablets. I live in India. Here they don't sell nicotinamide tablets. Can anyone please tell me trustable websites , from where I can buy nicotinamide 100 mg tablets.
Have any one else tried niacinamide 100 mg for mental fog after arousal?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:43:57 AM by Bulbo »

Vincent M

« Reply #842 on: May 16, 2013, 11:59:19 AM »
Bulbo, I did a quick search at the place I usually buy my supplements from and I think I found what you want. Niacinamide and nicotinamide are the same thing. This is the smallest dose I could find it in at that site, but you could open the capsules and only take half that dose if you wanted.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-niacinamide-250-mg-250-caps

If Swanson doesn't ship to you then Amazon might. Amazon is another trusted site that I have used a lot in the past:

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Niacinamide-100-tablets/dp/B0014H1L42/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1368723373&sr=8-3&keywords=niacinamide+100mg
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:01:12 PM by Vincent M »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Bulbo

« Reply #843 on: May 17, 2013, 01:14:44 AM »
Bulbo, I did a quick search at the place I usually buy my supplements from and I think I found what you want. Niacinamide and nicotinamide are the same thing. This is the smallest dose I could find it in at that site, but you could open the capsules and only take half that dose if you wanted.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-niacinamide-250-mg-250-caps

If Swanson doesn't ship to you then Amazon might. Amazon is another trusted site that I have used a lot in the past:

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Niacinamide-100-tablets/dp/B0014H1L42/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1368723373&sr=8-3&keywords=niacinamide+100mg
Unfortunately both of the websites wont ship to my place. Anyway thanks for helping.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #844 on: May 17, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:19:18 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Bulbo

« Reply #845 on: May 18, 2013, 01:40:47 AM »
Will The Vitamin Shoppe send to you?
http://m.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/vitamins_minerals/index.jsp
Don't need the website anymore because yesterday I met my physician, he told me that vitamin C is better. I will try vitamin C to check whether it reduces the mental fog that occurs after arousal and I will inform you guys. If it doesn't work then I will have to opt for niacinamide. Are you very sure that taking nicotinic acid after food is not effective?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #846 on: May 18, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
From Stef/"nordnurse" today:

=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =

"Guys,

You've received some NICE [grant] applications !!!!!  :-)  

(I can't say "great applications" because I can't judge them -- and haven't even had the time yet to check them for completeness before sending them to our MAC.)

Just thought you'd want to know. :-)

Yes -- you can post --  I can't give out specifics -- can't name names or advise exactly how many applications were received.  But I can tell you  -- -- this is GREAT for rare disease RFPs -- especially one like POIS where no one knows what the hell it is!!!!!

Later!"

=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =

Yay!!!!!
Demo
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:49:55 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

victor.kons

« Reply #847 on: May 28, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have another question to think about... I've got a cold recently, just ordinary cold, nothing special, except pretty strong. You know that in this state you have pretty low motivation to do anything, have muscle weakness and your thoughts are unclear, yeah, similar to POIS but not quite :) In other situation I would just rest and take something for recover, but this time I wanted to become healthy, at least for a short time, I had one business to do that day. After trying several usual meds that are supposed to treat you from cold or flu and in pretty big doses the effect was close to zero. Sigh... My head just refused to think and I had muscle weakness with no regard to my efforts. The last thing I decided to try is... Niacin. I've taken usual Niacin dose I take before O (in injectable form) and a miracle - I felt myself 10 times better in a minute, my weakness gone and brain started to think clearly.  I was able to complete the business challenge this day just fine.

We all know and not only POIS sufferers, all the people know that when you have a cold you also have weakness, low motivation and unclear thinking. Why does Niacin helps with this and with the same efficiency as with POIS?

Victor
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:26:40 PM by victor.kons »
3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #848 on: May 28, 2013, 03:01:15 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have another question to think about... I've got a cold recently, just ordinary cold, nothing special, except pretty strong. You know that in this state you have pretty low motivation to do anything, have muscle weakness and your thoughts are unclear, yeah, similar to POIS but not quite :) In other situation I would just rest and take something for recover, but this time I wanted to become healthy, at least for a short time, I had one business to do that day. After trying several usual meds that are supposed to treat you from cold or flu and in pretty big doses the effect was close to zero. Sigh... My head just refused to think and I had muscle weakness with no regard to my efforts. The last thing I decided to try is... Niacin. I've taken usual Niacin dose I take before O (in injectable form) and a miracle - I felt myself 10 times better in a minute, my weakness gone and brain started to think clearly.  I was able to complete the business challenge this day just fine.

We all know and not only POIS sufferers, all the people know that when you have a cold you also have weakness, low motivation and unclear thinking. Why does Niacin helps with this and with the same efficiency as with POIS?

Victor

WOW, great discovery... and equally good question.

What if the solultion to POIS was the solution to a common cold? Then we might have a lot more researchers interested in us!!

This time you didn't have to take it "before", as with POIS.

When taken (Niacin) during POIS, and not before, does it help POIS temporarily? I assume it only helped the cold temporarily as well too right?

I know if taken before a night out partying, it prevents the hang-over!
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

victor.kons

« Reply #849 on: May 29, 2013, 06:35:15 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have another question to think about... I've got a cold recently, just ordinary cold, nothing special, except pretty strong. You know that in this state you have pretty low motivation to do anything, have muscle weakness and your thoughts are unclear, yeah, similar to POIS but not quite :) In other situation I would just rest and take something for recover, but this time I wanted to become healthy, at least for a short time, I had one business to do that day. After trying several usual meds that are supposed to treat you from cold or flu and in pretty big doses the effect was close to zero. Sigh... My head just refused to think and I had muscle weakness with no regard to my efforts. The last thing I decided to try is... Niacin. I've taken usual Niacin dose I take before O (in injectable form) and a miracle - I felt myself 10 times better in a minute, my weakness gone and brain started to think clearly.  I was able to complete the business challenge this day just fine.

Victor

WOW, great discovery... and equally good question.
Yup, now I know how to have clear head when in cold if needed ;)

What if the solultion to POIS was the solution to a common cold? Then we might have a lot more researchers interested in us!!
Yes, exactly! I was surprised of the efficiency of Niacin to be able to clear cold symptomps so fast, though temporarily, but I think it stopped my cold to develop to strong forms, now I still have it, but in mild form...

This time you didn't have to take it "before", as with POIS.
Yup, thats right!

When taken (Niacin) during POIS, and not before, does it help POIS temporarily? I assume it only helped the cold temporarily as well too right?
When taken Niacin during POIS it doesn't help me temporarily. And with cold it does help temporarily, well I was able to think clearly and take physical load normally till the end of the day! The surprising fact was that Niacin immediately cleared main cold symptoms - physical and mental weakness, though temporarily but definitely strongly. Perhaps POIS is not so mystical phenomen if it has so many similarities with simple cold and the solution to POIS might be simple as well?

I know if taken before a night out partying, it prevents the hang-over!
Yup, I have learned this recommendation from you and use it from time to time to protect myself from hang-over :)

Victor
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:39:06 AM by victor.kons »
3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #850 on: June 04, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »
FROM STEF/"nordnurse" Today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I received an email from a researcher this past Friday -- asking if it was too late to apply for the POIS grant. He'd only just found out about the grant from a colleague, knew the deadline had passed, but was eager to apply.  He wasn't on our researcher list. (Often -- this is exactly what happens. Researchers apply because they hear about the RFP from a colleague -- either they collaborate, or the first one isn't interested but is passing on the information.)

I advised him to send his application -- we'd get it to our MAC.  

I'm not at all surprised at the response that the POIS grant has generated -- I had no doubts. There was never a worry about this (on my part) -- although I know that it probably had been a worry for you and the forum members.

POIS is such a vast unknown right now, and seems to involve multiple organ systems and multiple biological pathways. It's exactly the type of disorder that would interest a broad range of researchers.  I'm betting that there is one, main cause -- leading to the various, miserable symptoms that some with POIS develop and some don't develop.  But there are enough symptoms in common to definitely call it a "syndrome."

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:16:11 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #851 on: June 05, 2013, 10:00:56 AM »
what is the best place to share my symptoms... the place where my info will be taken into account and added to the database of facts? thank you...

Use this link, and post there, thanks:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.0

This can help our POIS Research Grant reviewers and medical researchers with this information. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:07:36 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #852 on: June 05, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
I can never remember how to do the search thing on the NS website - it never works well if you use the site itself. I think you have a way of doing it via google...could you remind me please? Sorry if it seems like I'm being lazy, I'm sure you've posted it on the NS site many times before. Then again...I'd have to do a search for it to find it!

SEARCH THE NSF FORUM ARCHIVES WITH GOOGLE

We have an overwhelming amount of NSF data: more than 5 years' worth of posts (over  15,000 posts!) from 200+ Forum members, and an additional 200 POIS sufferers found elsewhere on the Internet by Member B_Jim.

In the Google search box, type
whatever-it-is-you're-interested-in-finding-out[space]POIS[space]site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

for example, I tried
nocturnal emission POIS site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

and 740 results came up for "nocturnal emission" within the Forum.

be careful with spaces (you can use them before the word "site") and no-spaces (everything after the word "site")

Google even provides you results with the Message# for each result. But Message #'s do change, so be patient and look for the approximate Message#.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #853 on: June 05, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »

Hello...

I gave up this [desensitization] treatment.

I found no advance in nearly 18 months. Nothing, absolutely nothing.
I won't go again just to pay for a treatment that just makes me feel sick, giving me a kind of "voluntary" POIS.
I'm tired... I'm sorry guys. This is not working for me and I shall try to live with this nightmare.
You can reach me in my e-mail i case you need information or something else.
Regards,

JP

JP, I am very sorry to hear this.
(http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=11.msg9536#msg9536)
Interesting comments at above link by STEF/"nordnurse" and other forum members.

Please don't give up, JP: we *****WILL***** find  Y  O  U  R  solution!!!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:30:12 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #854 on: June 06, 2013, 09:26:37 AM »
Hello...

I gave up this treatment.

I found no advance in nearly 18 months. Nothing, absolutely nothing.
I won't go again just to pay for a treatment that just makes me feel sick, giving me a kind of "voluntary" POIS.
I'm tired... I'm sorry guys. This is not working for me and I shall try to live with this nightmare.
You can reach me in my e-mail i case you need information or something else.
Regards,

JP

[Stef's reply to JP below]

Hi JP and Everyone!

First of all -- to all of you -- you have received more than just a few applications for your POIS grant!!!  I'm not in a position to judge them, and am not allowed to say exactly how many, from whom, etc. (This is the general request of all researchers applying for any grant, and has become a very a strong guideline at NORD). But -- these applications are SERIOUS!! That I can comfortably tell you without breaking any of the rules.

You've got experienced researchers who want to understand POIS!! They're willing to do the work -- they actually WANT to do the work!! The dedication comes right through their applications, loud and clear.

(But that's all I can say -- better quit while I'm ahead!)

Second -- JP, don't let this experience leave you feeling hopeless or down-trodden. Don't be sorry about anything! Yes, you are going to have to "live with this nightmare," a little longer. (It really is quite a nightmare!!!!)

But POIS will be understood -- and the answers/treatment will follow -- perhaps very quickly.  (Honestly -- I just do not think you're going to be waiting long.)

Try to keep remembering -- at this moment, no one knows what POIS is!  You're all on the way to finding out through your research grant, but right now -- there's no answer -- nothing!

Dr. Waldinger, who put POIS on the map, without question would agree. No one knows what POIS is.

(I know -- I sound like a broken record!)

Without ever having communicated with Dr. Waldinger -- he is a scientist, and would agree -- there has been no sound, scientific research.  He has a hypothesis that POIS is an allergic condition -- which may or may not be on track.  

(FYI -- I write this with complete, total respect for Dr. Waldinger and his team!)

Without funding, there's no research -- and with no research, there are no answers. It's just that simple.

And now you've got the funding for the research.  :)

There has never before been funding for POIS research -- do you all realize this??!!!!  So many of you men on this and the other forum donated what you could -- and with the constant encouragement of demografx and Daveman -- you all pulled together and did it! Demo and Daveman never gave up on encouraging everyone -- and they both walked the walk, also!

(I think demo has amassed a secret stash of animated gifs -- just for POIS donations!)  

The question, "What is POIS" -- will likely be answered very soon.

So, JP -- and everyone -- stay strong -- and believe in your strength. Do not give up seeking treatments to tide you over until the true answers are discovered.

Please just be safe and careful while finding ways to get yourselves through this misery.

The answers are around the corner!

Stef

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #855 on: June 06, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »

this great news. can i post it on the other forum.

Sure! :)

CertainlyPOIS and others: feel free to post any POIS news anywhere! The more sufferers we reach the better it is for everyone.

Demo

Vincent M

« Reply #856 on: June 06, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
Hey guys as I said before I'm working on a site to help poisers especially newbie to quickly find remedies and more importantly how to use them.
I'm going quite slow, loads of other stuff to do and many many other. Including pois :)

http://www.helpmypois.info/

The site will be online within a week or two I guess.

Bless

Sounds great. Take your time. I've actually put my work on my summary of the member case symptoms and treatments on hold. I have to focus on other things for a while.  I'll give you the link to what I've done so far in case anyone is curious or wants to continue where I left off:

https://sites.google.com/site/poiscompilationsbyvm/

So far I'm just getting links to each member on nsf(since it's difficult to search for a specific member's profile/posts there) while adding at least a few of their symptoms or treatments. I've also added some members' quotes from poiscenter. Ultimately I want to have each member's symptoms and primary treatments listed all on one page so a simple ctrl+f search will enable you to find that data for any member you want. I have it on a separate site for now because if I tried to put it on poiscenter it'd be too large for one post, which would make it difficult to edit.

The other reason I'm doing this is that when I did the member experience compilations with fenugreek, b complex, and saw palmetto I realized the advanced google search is time consuming to use since it gives you a lot of links you don't need and on top of that it misses some data. For instance when I tried an advanced google search of poiscenter for "fenugreek" it completely missed a post by Prancer saying that fenugreek helped him even though he typed "fenugreek" in the post.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:06:31 PM by Vincent M »

Vincent M

« Reply #857 on: June 06, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »
I'm liking the updates on the research grant applications that Stef is giving us. It's inspirational. Thanks, Stef.

Vincent M

« Reply #858 on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
Could someone tell me how to set up my account so every new post on poiscenter will be sent to my email? When I tried clicking on the "subscribe" button at the poiscenter home page it just linked me to a bunch of html code it seemed. Actually that was when I used chrome. When I used firefox clicking on that gave me an option to subscribe to the feed using several options such as "Live Bookmarks" or "Microsoft Office Outlook", but I don't think I ever use either of those.

If I subscribe using the "Google" option will it send the feed to my gmail?

I tried subscribing using the "Google" option and now it's telling me I have to make a homepage with "iGoogle" lol. I'm so confused.

Edit- I tried subscribing using Internet Explorer and it seemed to work, but it looks like it has only reported my last 5 posts so far.

Edit2- I've been looking into how to get an RSS feed from here using chrome(my preferred browser), but it seems chrome is just horrible when it comes to RSS feeds in general. If anyone knows how I could set it up in chrome or how I could have the feed sent to my gmail account that would be great.

Edit3- I've subscribed to "FeedReader Online" and "Bloglines" and was able to subscribe to the RSS feed from those two sites, which is working in chrome. Well this has been an adventure.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:24:42 PM by Vincent M »

poiseidon

« Reply #859 on: June 07, 2013, 01:41:30 AM »
Hey I always check on [recent posts] at the bottom of the home  page. This way I don`t miss anything.
After spending loads on supplements I found out that the only thing that works is abstinence. Full stop. And it's free.
Meditation if done correctly is great too.
Also avoiding computers produce faster recoveries and fewer temptations.