Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 934693 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #800 on: April 02, 2013, 01:21:21 AM »
Hello, Everyone!

First, my apologies to you for not being able to provide an update about your research grant until today. NORD has been going through its annual financial audit for the past two weeks, so it's been very difficult to sort out all of our research grant funds in a more timely manner.  

But we did it -- and you men have done splendidly!!! You have officially surpassed the minimum amount to offer for a grant!  

In total, you've raised $34,850.  NORD's administrative fee is $3,500. This leaves you with a $31,350 grant award to offer.   This translates to 90 cents of every dollar going directly to your research.

Your POIS grant will be posted online some time next week (the week of April 1st).  I'll provide the link to it (to the "RFP") in [the NORD Research Grant thread/section of your forum ASAP.]

You really, truly did a wonderful job.

Congratulations!!!  

Stef

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:34:43 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #801 on: April 03, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »
Thankyou stef !!! And demo !!!
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #802 on: April 04, 2013, 01:24:30 AM »
Thank you stef !!! And demo !!!

And Daveman !!!

And everyone else who supported the NORD notion for POIS !!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #803 on: April 04, 2013, 01:28:49 AM »
Attention all POISers: POIS GRANT NEWS!
Please visit Stef's new thread,
"POIS RFP, 2013"
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1012.0

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #804 on: April 10, 2013, 11:46:09 AM »
Stef ("nordnurse") informs us "Thousands -- literally -- receive "NORD" google alerts. :-)  "

TODAY!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Subject: Google Alert - post orgasmic illness syndrome
To: demografx

Web   1 new result for post orgasmic illness syndrome

POIS - National Organization for Rare Disorders
Announces. Research Seed Grant Funding for one, one-year grant ($31,000) for. Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS). Submission Deadline: May15, 2013 ...
www.rarediseases.org/docs/research-grants/POIS.doc
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:58:02 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #805 on: April 13, 2013, 05:43:02 PM »

I would assume doctors know how to objectively test neurochemical imbalances in the human brain by now.

Fascinating new developments in analyzing the human brain. Here's one in today's news:
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-75334338/

nenexx

« Reply #806 on: April 16, 2013, 07:57:27 AM »
I have almost every symptom of this.. I just have one question: Do you guys freeze a lot more after orgasm? Cause that's one of my symptoms, esp in the morning I freeze as hell.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #807 on: April 16, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »
RFP NEWS :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Subject: Fw: Today's RFPs from Philanthropy News Digest
To: Stefanie Putkowski

Stef,

First, glad that you are safe and sound.

Just received this update from the Foundation Center about the POIS Restricted Research Grant; what a good avenue of public awareness!  Hope that you receive many responses to this RFP.

Best wishes,

Consultant

----- Forwarded Message -----
To:  Consultant
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:33 AM
Subject: Today's RFPs from Philanthropy News Digest

April 16, 2013

The following requests for proposals have been posted to Philanthropy News Digest:

National Organization for Rare Disorders Invites Proposals for Post-Orgasmic Illness Research Projects
A grant of of up to $31,000 will be awarded to initiate or advance research and understanding of POIS, the results of which could be used to obtain funding from other sources....
Deadline: May 15, 2013
Posted: April 16, 2013

You received this e-mail because you subscribed to PND RFP Alerts with the username "jfrc914." To change the subjects of your alerts or to unsubscribe, click here.

Foundation Center • 79 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10003 • (212) 620-4230

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #808 on: April 16, 2013, 01:10:41 PM »

I have almost every symptom of this.. I just have one question: Do you guys freeze a lot more after orgasm? Cause that's one of my symptoms, esp in the morning I freeze as hell.

Welcome, nenexx! Please visit our Welcome Page, many resources for you:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg1#msg1
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:27:24 PM by demografx »

nenexx

« Reply #809 on: April 17, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
Have read almost the whole thread now. Is there anything I can do to help except completing the survey to that spannish doctor?

EDIT: One more question, is it any of you that started the facebook page about this? I saw this on there:
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
den 31 mars
After some research there is a strong possiblity that Low Igm and Igg levels can be the key to POIS. Please go to an ifectious disease doc and ask for a full immune panel and get back to us, even if the doc says your numbers are "normal" Share with us your numbers, do not wait.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:21:03 PM by nenexx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #810 on: April 19, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
just a reminder...

Attention all POISers: POIS GRANT NEWS!
Please visit Stef's new thread,
"POIS RFP, 2013"
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1012.0

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #811 on: April 19, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
We did it! $31,000 POIS Grant!

Pass it on! Show the world!
http://tinyurl.com/bwhbn5k

nenexx

« Reply #812 on: April 22, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
I want to write about this on the biggest forum in Sweden. I want to help raise awareness and maybe some people recognize thereselves in the issue. Since I'm not the best writer myself I would very much like a mould(don't know if this is the correct word) so I do this in the best way possible. Any suggestions? Maybe I could use the reddit thread and change a few things that's personal for him? Also, is this anything you've been talking about, suggesting to people that they make a post on big forums in their countrys to make more people aware of this?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:56:32 AM by nenexx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #813 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
Excellent ideas and suggestions, nenexx! :)

We have had great success (with many thanx to "Observer") in exposing the wider population of Spain to the existence of POIS via their national newspaper, El Mundo:
www.poiscenter.com

Australia: via ABC Documentary TV Program (see Mat780's POISChannel on YouTube)
www.youtube.com/POISchannel
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:51:31 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #814 on: April 22, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »

-----Original Message-----
To: POIScenter.com
Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 5:33 pm
Subject: Google Alert - Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome

Web 1 new result for Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome

Postorgasmic illness syndrome | Disease | Overview | Office of ...Please contact us with your questions about Postorgasmic illness syndrome We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and ...
http://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/gard/10809/postorgasmic-illness-syndrome/resources/1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #815 on: April 23, 2013, 06:35:01 AM »
I want to write about this on the biggest forum in Sweden. I want to help raise awareness and maybe some people recognize thereselves in the issue. Since I'm not the best writer myself I would very much like a mould(don't know if this is the correct word) so I do this in the best way possible. Any suggestions? Maybe I could use the reddit thread and change a few things that's personal for him? Also, is this anything you've been talking about, suggesting to people that they make a post on big forums in their countrys to make more people aware of this?

Hi nennex.

You can find good information here at the following address. It was created to recompile a basic introduction to POIS for those who may be interested.
http://poisenglish.blogspot.com.es/

You may take pieces of it for you "model", or even put the link into anything you wish to write.

This link has references to all our pertinent POIS resources, including this forum and the google "compendium" by Matt et al.

Thanks for spreading the word.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #816 on: April 23, 2013, 07:51:52 AM »
From respectable Duke University

Date: Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Subject: Google Alert - post orgasmic illness syndrome
To: POIScenter.com

Web   1 new result for post orgasmic illness syndrome

Proposals for Post-Orgasmic Illness Research Projects - Funding ...
COM, is accepting applications for a scientific or clinical seed grant dedicated to Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS). POIS has been only recently reported, ...
https://researchfunding.duke.edu/detail.asp?OppID=13771

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #817 on: April 23, 2013, 09:42:09 AM »

NORD received a donation for the POIS research grant a few days ago.  The donor sent an inspiring message along with the donation, and has given NORD permission to pass that message along to the forum (at Stef's  request) --

"Make good use of the donation and try to find a cure for POIS. It will benefit many people who are silently suffering and it will be a blessing in return."

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #818 on: April 24, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »
RFP NEWS :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Subject: Fw: Today's RFPs from Philanthropy News Digest
To: Stefanie Putkowski

Stef,

First, glad that you are safe and sound.

Just received this update from the *Foundation Center about the POIS Restricted Research Grant; what a good avenue of public awareness!  Hope that you receive many responses to this RFP.

Best wishes,

Consultant

*PND/Foundation Center • 79 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10003 • (212) 620-4230

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:28:40 PM by demografx »

mat780

• AdminRareDisease
« Reply #819 on: April 24, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
Thanks anonymous donor!!!

NORD received a donation for the POIS research grant a few days ago.  The donor sent an inspiring message along with the donation, and has given NORD permission to pass that message along to the forum (at Stef's  request) --

"Make good use of the donation and try to find a cure for POIS. It will benefit many people who are silently suffering and it will be a blessing in return."