Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 920217 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #720 on: February 12, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
Thank you, Anonymous Donor #2 today!! Your $50 = $100 now!!! thanks to our $ponsor, amijgoro!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:35:46 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

mellivora

« Reply #721 on: February 12, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
I can account for at least one of those anonymous donors - a pretty amazing friend of mine donated today. I shall pass on your thanks 8)

Veeery clooose now! I'd still love to get there this week.

Come on peeps less celibate, more celebrate! Just a bit more. You could be the one who sends us over the finish line  ;)

marquis

« Reply #722 on: February 12, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »
I just donated another $150 to the fund, let's make this happen.

Yesterday I ejaculated and thankfully having only 60 - 70% cognitive symptoms (social anxiety, dizziness, brainfog) because I had a good flush before with niacin.

I always have some dark circles and quiet baggy eyes, but in POIS it becomes unbearable and I could easily play a character in Night Of The Living Dead.
At work today a lot of people where asking if I'm ill or didn't sleep for the last three days.

I really hope that we achieve the goal and that the issue mentioned above gets covered as well in the research...

Best wishes to all of you from Germany,
marquis

LAPOISSE

« Reply #723 on: February 12, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
So what is the count ?

If we are not to far, i'll maybe close the thing

Congrats to all of us

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #724 on: February 12, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »

Thank you, marquis!! Your $150 = $300 now!!! thanks to our $ponsor, amijgoro!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #725 on: February 12, 2013, 06:55:50 PM »
So what is the count ?

If we are not to far, i'll maybe close the thing

Congrats to all of us

Teriffic, LAPOISSE! I counted you in that "temperature chart" that I made. We're counting the REAL (not pledged $$$) and will let you know immediately! :) :) :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #726 on: February 13, 2013, 06:51:06 AM »

I can account for at least one of those anonymous donors - a pretty amazing friend of mine donated today. I shall pass on your thanks 8)

Thanks for doing that, Mel!

Veeery clooose now! I'd still love to get there this week.

We might!!

Come on peeps less celibate, more celebrate! Just a bit more. You could be the one who sends us over the finish line  ;)

Haha!
LESS CELIBATE
MORE CELEBRATE

That could be our Forum Theme! ;D

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #727 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:39 AM »
Well folks... I´m not as good at the graphics and fanfare as Demo, and I'm afraid we may have to wait a day or two, he's "unlocking" his computer right now. One of those mentally ill hackers that only want to do bad in this world.

BUT, IT SEEMS WE HAVE NOT ONLY MADE THE GOAL, BUT GONE OVER!!

We are waiting for a solid pledge and the finals of the last sponsorship to all go through, but these are pretty sure numbers.

And it looks like our Grand Total, everything in is $35373.90

Can you believe it?

We will be starting the process THIS YEAR!!

Congratulations every one. You all pulled together this last little while and all have brought it through.

I hope you can all feel proud for what we have done, and now, our hopes are pointed at another level all together
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #728 on: February 13, 2013, 07:44:34 AM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:02:34 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #729 on: February 13, 2013, 07:54:37 AM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #730 on: February 13, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #731 on: February 13, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #732 on: February 13, 2013, 12:24:42 PM »
THANK YOU DAVEMAN
THANK  YOU STEFANIE

IT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT YOU

Stef

« Reply #733 on: February 13, 2013, 12:46:30 PM »
Well folks... I´m not as good at the graphics and fanfare as Demo, and I'm afraid we may have to wait a day or two, he's "unlocking" his computer right now. One of those mentally ill hackers that only want to do bad in this world.

BUT, IT SEEMS WE HAVE NOT ONLY MADE THE GOAL, BUT GONE OVER!!

We are waiting for a solid pledge and the finals of the last sponsorship to all go through, but these are pretty sure numbers.

And it looks like our Grand Total, everything in is $35373.90

Can you believe it?

We will be starting the process THIS YEAR!!

Congratulations every one. You all pulled together this last little while and all have brought it through.

I hope you can all feel proud for what we have done, and now, our hopes are pointed at another level all together

Hi Everyone!

Daveman -- I've told you and demo from the beginning that I was certain you guys were going to go over the minimum!!! (I might have even posted that somewhere.)

Congratulations!!!!!  Felicidades!  Gefeliciteerd! Gratullunk! Вітаємо! מזל טוב! Herzlichen Gleckwunsch! تهانينا! Parabins! Tillykke! поздоровляю! Συγχαρητήρια!

Stef
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:12:32 PM by nordnurse »

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #734 on: February 13, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
Now that we know the research study will be happening relatively soon perhaps we should start determining how many of us would be able to travel, say on a plane to another country, in order to participate in the research. I'm assuming the study will have to be performed in one place where the test subjects would have to travel to. Another factor would be the length of time the study would require the subjects to remain in that area.

I would have the time, but most likely not the money, to travel on a plane and stay at a hotel for instance.

I sort of recall a thread in which we discussed this topic. I'll have to go back and look. *edit* - Couldn't find it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:18:41 PM by Vincent M »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Vincent M

« Reply #735 on: February 13, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
In addition we could attempt to compile more data on the location of our members. Perhaps those of us who don't want to reveal what state or city we're near could pm that info to mat780 if he's able to add changes to his POIS map, which is located here: https://sites.google.com/site/poiswebsite/pois-map

We have the data Mellivora collected on which countries we're in as well which could be useful. That list of our #s by country is at this thread and in case anyone wants to add their country who hasn't yet they can post it here: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=299.msg3783#msg3783

So far it looks like we have 34 members' country info and 28 members on the map.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:21:14 PM by Vincent M »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Vincent M

« Reply #736 on: February 13, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »
I was reading over the NORD research fund program thread and now I see that the research study might use animal subjects instead of humans. I'm curious how likely this would be in our case. Also I'm wondering roughly when the research study would actually begin, now that we've basically reached the minimum fund requirement.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:26:33 PM by Vincent M »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #737 on: February 13, 2013, 09:15:11 PM »
I was reading over the NORD research fund program thread and now I see that the research study might use animal subjects instead of humans. I'm curious how likely this would be in our case. Also I'm wondering roughly when the research study would actually begin, now that we've basically reached the minimum fund requirement.

Interesting question for Stef, Vince

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #738 on: February 13, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »

THANK YOU DAVEMAN
THANK  YOU STEF

IT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT YOU!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:05:38 PM by demografx »

LAPOISSE

« Reply #739 on: February 14, 2013, 03:51:08 AM »
To save some time(and money) should' t we set up some statistic study to help researcher of NORD ?

We could organise informations like :

-who we are, any particular signs, any past/curent desease, family, genetic,
-which symptoms/duration/ severity
-what helps/make symptoms worse
-recurent anomalies in blood test
-anything else?

I know we answered to something comparable for some spanish research...Maybe we can have some result?

Anyways, I'm s?re it's a quite important base for a research especialy if we are numerous to answer(like 100 persons)
We could also show th? result to our docs, Maybe one of them can also find a mysterious point we have all in common that nobody noticed
 so far...
Anybody smart with computer to do a quick sharable questionary?