Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 934188 times)

Disaster

Re: Admin Corner
« Reply #2280 on: December 30, 2019, 10:29:21 PM »
Nice! We hit 354 members in the Facebook group. I think I would be around 450 but a lot of guys actually have PMO and either leave or decide not to join after I explain PMO to them
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2281 on: December 31, 2019, 05:17:43 PM »

We have hit 900 POISCenter members now !

Thank you, Quantum!!

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

certainlypois2

« Reply #2282 on: December 31, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »

FROM YOUR ADMIN/MOD TEAM:

• Quantum

• Observer

• COLM_2

• certainlypois2

• fernab

• Demografx

HAPPY NEW DECADE ALSO

b_jim

« Reply #2283 on: January 01, 2020, 02:05:11 AM »
Happy new year !
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2284 on: January 27, 2020, 10:51:11 PM »
Important notice:

It is possible that there will be a significant downtime of Poiscenter in the coming days, in order to upgrade the forum platform ( SMF).  I do not know the exact message you will get then, but the forum will not be accessible for a few hours or so.

Thanks for your understanding.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2285 on: January 28, 2020, 12:49:13 AM »
Quantum, thanks for upgrading the forum!!

(And thanks to Muon for pointing out the need to upgrade!)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:45:03 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2286 on: January 28, 2020, 09:44:46 AM »
Important notice:

It is possible that there will be a significant downtime of Poiscenter in the coming days, in order to upgrade the forum platform ( SMF).  I do not know the exact message you will get then, but the forum will not be accessible for a few hours or so.

Thanks for your understanding.

The forum upgrade is now completed, we run on the most recent version of SMF.  This will obviously makes the forum running more smoothly, and with enhanced security, because this upgrade have fixed many bugs in the SMF software. 

Thank you for your patience during the downtime !

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2287 on: January 29, 2020, 09:17:18 PM »

The forum upgrade is now completed

THANK YOU, QUANTUM!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2288 on: February 18, 2020, 02:41:37 PM »
Public word of sincere gratitude to our Anonymous Donor, who has just paid our annual computer hosting service fee. Also paid: our Domain Name Renewal for POISCenter.com.

T H A N K     Y O U!!

Demo
And the Admin/Mod Team

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2289 on: March 17, 2020, 05:12:01 PM »
Private Message from Quantum who is in the pharmacy business:

“Quercetin is probably a good choice, along with Vit C, for prevention and treatment of  coronavirus infection.  If you have time, you could post the info on the forum ( you can also translate this link that is in French:  https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1538011/quercetine-coronavirus-michel-chretien-ircm-montreal-patrice-roy ) “

You may all want to research Quercetin further?
A start:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercetin
Demo

QUANTUM’S ARTICLE AUTO-TRANSLATED BY GOOGLE:
undefined
Comments
Radio-Canada
Posted on February 24, 2020
The Montreal Clinical Research Institute (IRCM) may have found a substance that could stop the coronavirus. Branch manager Patrice Roy met with Dr. Michel Chrétien, who heads the team behind the discovery.

If there is one area on which Canada-China relations are not experiencing pitfalls at this time, it is that of medical research. Dr. Michel Chrétien and his team think they have discovered that a vegetable substance could act in a preventive and curative way on the coronavirus. It is quercetin.

It’s a plant! We could grow it in our gardens! [...] One finds some in onions, in garlic ...
Michel Chrétien, doctor and researcher at the IRCM
Dr. Chrétien says that the Chinese authorities are convinced that quercetin should be tested on patients infected with the coronavirus. If it doesn't work, at least we will have tried. But it is likely to work. It’s so serious. It's a pandemic now, says the researcher.

He explains that this substance is already used to treat and prevent Ebola as well as the Zika virus. In 2014, we had a crucial experiment with the national microbiology laboratory in Winnipeg. They were the only ones capable of handling the Ebola virus.

In this context, the clinical trial process may begin shortly in China, since tablets had already been created and approved by the FDA, the American regulatory agency. A small Swiss pharmaceutical company had done all the work of preparing high-dose quercetin [...], says the researcher. We have someone who has millions of pills at their disposal and who is with us to give China the necessary medicines. We have them.

A laboratory workstation.
A workstation of the Montreal Clinical Research Institute
PHOTO: RADIO-CANADA
The clinical trials will be carried out on 1,000 patients in Wuhan, a city in central China where the epidemic started, as soon as the tablets are sent there. Boxes of drugs are expected to leave Switzerland soon, according to Dr. Chrétien.

We are going to establish here [at the IRCM laboratory] a permanent video communication room to be in contact 24 hours a day with the Chinese. The results will be reported to us every day, he adds.

The Chinese doctor who ensures that he maintains a link with the Canadian team of researchers in this file is a former intern of the Institute, in addition to being a personal friend of Michel Chrétien, which facilitates the process. Zhu Chen also received an honorary doctorate from the University of Montreal in 2012.

A ridiculous cost

If the clinical trials generate positive results, billions of tablets will have to be produced to meet the demand, with patients having to ingest four a day.

Treating a patient with quercetin will cost only $ 1.50 a day, according to Dr. Chrétien, while the new antivirals [that patients are currently using] cost $ 1,000 a day.

The researcher is however cautious about the viability of quercetin and says he is very worried. Day by day, it gets worse and worse.

Read also :

Wall Street: coronavirus plunges the stock market
Coronavirus: "The risk is not higher yet"
World must prepare for pandemic, WHO admits

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:37:16 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2290 on: March 18, 2020, 12:51:55 AM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM THE POIS STUDY RESEARCHERS

“We have just received instructions from the UNL IRB that all in-person research is to be temporarily paused until further notice. Additionally, there is increasing guidance from state governments and CDC authorities to reduce personal contact and delay any non-essential travel. In order to protect both our participants and research staff - and reduce possible interference with our measurements of people’s stress and immune responses – we will be pausing all in-person study sessions for the time being. In the meantime, we will keep the online study screener open and will continue to conduct phone screenings to collect contact information from folks who qualify, in order to schedule later on when we are cleared to resume in-person research. We will keep the POIS community updated as soon as we have any new information. Thanks for your patience – and stay safe out there!”

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2291 on: April 06, 2020, 08:03:51 PM »

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:05:49 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2292 on: April 08, 2020, 12:44:47 AM »

We have hit 900 POISCenter members now !

Thank you, Quantum!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2293 on: April 08, 2020, 10:59:49 AM »

Click here
View the most recent posts on the forum.

Please bookmark this. You’ll thank us :) I always start here to find out what’s going on at the Forum!

https://tinyurl.com/yy97dfue

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2294 on: April 09, 2020, 10:28:27 AM »
Important, you need to use a good hand washing technique, in particular if you had to go to the grocery or anywhere essential and are coming back home.  Remember that alcohol gel or other hand sanitizers are not as good as a hand wash with a good technique.  See this short video to know how to wash your hand properly , so that you eliminate any possible pathogen from your hands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IisgnbMfKvI

wash hands regularly, for at least 1 min approx, with this good technique   ( one minute is longer than you would think !)

Stay safe and healthy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:31:15 AM by Quantum »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2295 on: April 09, 2020, 10:59:38 AM »
Thanks, Quantum!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2296 on: April 12, 2020, 11:10:13 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2297 on: May 24, 2020, 10:17:03 PM »

VERY EXCITING POIS RESEARCH NEWS!

“Hey Demo,

My name's Eric and I've been a member of the forum for a while now.  I only learned about the UNL study recently and decided to investigate.  After learning of a few deficiencies as a result of limited funding (they weren't going to look into delayed onset symptoms and other autoimmune/inflammatory biomarkers) I decided to get in contact with them to see how much funding they would require to expand their study to cover the things I thought were important.

I asked them to give me numbers for how much they would need for the basic additions I requested along with any other ones they could think of for their "dream" study.  They came back to me with some ideas which I thought were good.

I and my family's foundation have decided to fully fund the "dream" study!  Before I gave them the go ahead, I had asked Quantum if he knew any medical researchers in the forum I could contact.  That's why I'd gotten in touch with him prior.  Thanks again Quantum! 

I also reached out to an autoimmune researcher friend of mine for suggested expansions to the study and she gave me a few that Tierney and Nicole hadn't thought of so those might be added too.

The study will be tracking more inflammatory biomarkers, including delayed onset people, adding research assistants, larger sample size, etc.  I've been asked not to share their hypotheses or the study proposal so I can't share those details.  Suffice it to say, the study should be more comprehensive than before and hopefully allow for some real progress.

I'm personally deeply motivated to increase visibility and research for POIS (since it's taken away a lot of joy from my life).  This study seems like a great start.

Thanks for all your hard work organizing this study!  The funding is almost the easy part, I think what you did was incredible.  Hope you keep up your good work!

Thanks,
Eric”

Thank you, Eric!
Best wishes!
Demo

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2298 on: June 02, 2020, 06:48:26 PM »
cross-posted:

It's fascinating to see the quality of discussion and the camaraderie back in 2011. People were encouraging each other, discussing new theories and trying new things.

hurray: 100% agreed!

Let’s all try to get some more of that spark back!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:17:11 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2299 on: June 19, 2020, 01:23:47 PM »

Click here
View the most recent posts on the forum.

Please bookmark this. You’ll thank us :)

I always start here to find out what’s going on at the Forum!
Demo
https://tinyurl.com/yy97dfue