Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 940380 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #2040 on: February 28, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
Observer made an excellent suggestion:

Dr Goldmeier in London.

I think 1-2 guys here visited him.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:32:16 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2041 on: March 01, 2018, 01:23:00 PM »

Observer made an excellent suggestion:

Dr Goldmeier in London.

I think 1-2 forum members here visited him in London.

To all: feel free to use this email as a “template” to send to your own doctor or researcher

Subject: $31,000 Grant to study POIS

On Feb 28, 2018, at 6:41 PM, demo wrote:

Dear Dr Goldmeier,

I hope you’re well. I have been moderating POIS forums for 10 years.

You and I chatted briefly via email, then I think one or two of our members visited with you at your office.

Perhaps you can help us with furthering the research on Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome?

I’ve attached a $31,000 grant description which I would hope you can review and/or pass along to your colleagues.
https://rarediseases.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/NORD_RFP_POIS.docx

Best wishes,

Demografx
Administrator
POISCenter.com

ps - please visit our forum!

http://www.poiscenter.com/forums/index.php
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2042 on: March 03, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »
Hi everyone!

I am leaving today for vacations, in Riviera Maya, Mexico and will be back on March 12.  So, don't be surprised if I do not post on the forum till then.

Some sun and heat will be greatly appreciated - winter has been very harsh this year in Canada !

Hasta luego, amigos! :)
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2043 on: March 03, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »
Best wishes for a beautiful & restful retreat, Quantum.

You deserve it!

:) :)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:12:30 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2044 on: March 07, 2018, 02:50:52 PM »
Hi everyone.

Any thoughts about sending out an email to your doc and/or researcher to expedite finding our next POIS consultant?

certainlypois2

« Reply #2045 on: March 09, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »
just curious, is the school in new orleans not interested.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2046 on: March 09, 2018, 07:15:06 PM »
CP2, Quantum can answer that when he returns from Mexico.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2047 on: March 10, 2018, 01:11:40 PM »

what is RFP ? Thanks.

Request For Proposals, e.g., NORD has issued an RFP for POIS, sent to all doctors, institutions, etc., who might possibly study POIS. The RFP is to study POIS with payment (our own funds that we raised) up to $31,000.

b_jim, our full POISCenter RFP is shown in the link below.

From my previous post:

============================================================
Therefore...*please* send this link below to a doctor you trust and/or to a researcher you can contact who you think would be a good candidate to study POIS:

RFP: (NORD’s Request for Proposal)

https://rarediseases.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/NORD_RFP_POIS.docx

Many thanks and best wishes to us all!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 02:41:08 AM by demografx »

Unvers

« Reply #2048 on: March 12, 2018, 03:34:54 PM »
Guys today I had an O while I am taking two SSRI antidepressants, the O was particularly intense but the POIS was so intense that for the first time I have experienced joint pain, before today I had only cognitive symptoms apart from itchy eyes, I am 90% sure is for the POIS and not the medications, so with a stronger orgasm there are stronger symptoms?

I have chronic depression and anxiety and with POIS they become more problematic, maybe they are chronic because of POIS, if I stay in abstinence I feel better but also too much repression is bad.

Stay strong!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2049 on: March 16, 2018, 02:49:23 AM »
Hi everyone.

Does anyone else have thoughts, questions, comments or ideas about sending out an email with the link directly below to your doctor and/or your favorite researcher to expedite finding our next POIS research team?
https://tinyurl.com/y96dnkmq

Please post your thoughts here.

Remember, Y O U are needed. We are only 4 admins/mods here. We can’t do it all ourselves. If just 4 of you send out 1-2 emails, it’s very, very simple  - - that *doubles* our chances of finding our new POIS Researcher - - sooner rather than later!

It’s also...Y O U R  money (thanks to all the wonderful contributing forum members) that resulted in our being able to do this important POIS Research.

Everyone, it’s Y O U R  $31,000. Put it to work for your own POIS. Let’s start curing POIS with some competent *outside* professional research, guidance, & medical help!

Thank you!
All the best,
Demo

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 05:28:43 AM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #2050 on: March 17, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
Sure I have some thoughts.

Step 1) Let a few POIS patients explore some parameters and compare them.
Step 2) Find a Doctor who is willing to write a paper (hardest part).
Step 3) Democratically vote on poiscenter between members which parameters should be investigated for a large scale study.
Step 4) Compile a group of POIS patients
Step 5) Find a lab
Step 6) Organize testing
Step 7) The doctor in step 2 needs to translate the data into a scientific paper.

I do know 2 doctors who are into the POIS phenomena, Waldinger and Meinardi but I don't think they have time to write a paper. We don't necessary need a theory for POIS. Explore some parameters with a large group and perhaps we can associate one of them with POIS, I would take that approach. Most testkits are in the range of $1000-1500 at imd berlin.

Go to http://www.imd-berlin.de/labor.html and click at the right side on the letter ''I'' for example and select Interleukin-12p40 (interesting parameter btw). It says ''nur im Rahmen von klinischen Studien'' these are only practible for large clinical studies because you will need to buy complete testkits. So this is doable with 31k. Here are some prices for individual testing:
http://www.imd-berlin.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Anforderungsscheine/SI_Anforderung_IGEL.pdf

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2051 on: March 17, 2018, 04:23:03 PM »
Teriffic, Muon, thank you!

Our very first and most urgent step - “simple” but difficult - is to find a credentialed, reliable medical team who *wants* to apply for our grant.

It is totally NORD’s decision 1) who our next POIS research team will be, and 2) how the $31,000 is spent. It’s not our decision.

Our Grant RFP (link below) just needs more exposure:
https://tinyurl.com/y96dnkmq

So, everyone, let’s please send this RFP out, along with NORD, who sends out mass mailings.

RFP’s coming from *us* will, I think, add significantly. Quantum & I have already had that experience: if they (researchers) know us, had some experience with us, they just might get involved more quickly.

Thanks again, Muon, for your thoughtfulness!

Demo
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:40:53 PM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2052 on: March 17, 2018, 06:27:55 PM »
Here is a trick I would like to share if you want an easy way to see the latest posts on the forum using a RSS feed ( = a live bookmark, that upgrade itself regularly with the latest posts).  Use the link below, and subscribe to it using your preferred apps ( note that I use Firefox as browser, and Firefox can handle RSS feed without having to add an apps) You can just copy and paste the link in the address bar, or simply click on it, and then subscribe, creating the bookmark wherever you want it :

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;limit=15

You can use the RSS link at the bottom of the forum home page, but it shows last five posts by default.  Often, particularly on week end, there are more than 5 posts a day, so  the RSS feed is useless then if it shows only the last 5 posts - you cannot see those before the last 5, that you have missed.

You can adjust my link above by changing the limit, so, for example, if you want to see the last 20 posts, use :

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;limit=20

To see more, just place a larger number after "limit=", and subscribe to the new feed you have created.

If you keep your browser history from last visit, you will automatically see what posts you haven't seen, because it shows in your RSS feed.

As an alternative, you can use the following link, but it does not show where to start from last time you came - you have to find it yourself what's the last message you have read:

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php/action=recent

I hope this will help you follow the forum activities easily  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:00:32 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Meshal

« Reply #2053 on: March 19, 2018, 09:32:50 AM »
I've found something else that helps my brain fog.  It's a nootropic made by AOR called Ortho Mind.  Reduced my fog by 90-100% and greatly improved cognition.  Not sure why it took me so long to try nootropics.  They are designed to improve cognition.

I'm beginning to think that I and many more people with these symptoms are not dealing with a semen allergy, and that the problem is not ejaculation.  I think the problem is orgasm.  I think the symptoms are mostly occurring from an imbalance in neurotransmitters stemming from the gigantic dopamine release that happens at the point of orgasm.  Almost all of the symptoms that I've been experiencing coincide with those who are experiencing low dopamine levels.  My research continues...

Take care and good luck.

did anyone else tried to reduce brainfogging by using nootropics?

I found that the supplement facts in Ortho Mind are different from another nootropics, how can I find similar product such as Ortho Mind? I want to buy something local so I want to explore more options.

Meshal

« Reply #2054 on: March 20, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
Quick Update:
Vitamin D3 proved to me as an Incredible relief for my physical fatigue symptoms, especially for my joints pain I barley feel the pain now after ejaculation. It doesn't 100% eliminates it but It does a fair relief

I use it minutes after O, I used it probably 20 times since I tried it It never failed me. I haven't tried it before O though.

I'm using Vitamin D-3 1000IU (two pills after O) from GNC.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:49:48 AM by Meshal »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2055 on: March 20, 2018, 10:37:54 AM »
Quick Update:
 Vitamin D3 proved to me as an Incredible relief for my physical fatigue symptoms, It doesn't 100% eliminates it but It does a fair relief

I use it minutes after O, I used it probably 20 times since I tried it It never failed me. I haven't tried it before O though.

I'm using Vitamin D-3 1000IU (two pills after O) from GNC.

Great, keep us updated with your experiments with vitamin D, Meshal!

Meshal

« Reply #2056 on: March 21, 2018, 12:53:35 PM »
I see that some of the members saying that NE is a huge frustration. Personally since POIS started I trained myself to protect my gential from rubbing before going to bed  (showlace or whatever that comforts you), you will litrally prevent it from rubbing thus there is no way you can get NE, It worked for me at least, I used to get NE usually, but now none.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:55:28 PM by Meshal »

mike_sweden

« Reply #2057 on: March 25, 2018, 01:55:27 PM »
i would of course send an tip of grant email to any researcher here in sweden but i dont think there are any doctors here in sweden taking this seriously, yep its horrible

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2058 on: March 25, 2018, 02:19:40 PM »
i would of course send an tip of grant email to any researcher here in sweden but i dont think there are any doctors here in sweden taking this seriously, yep its horrible
Thanks for posting about the RFP, mike_sweden! :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2059 on: April 01, 2018, 07:49:21 PM »

Happy Easter and Passover, everyone!