Author Topic: POIS is gone!  (Read 3045 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: POIS is gone!
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2020, 12:13:47 PM »

CharlesB

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »
I started taking Azithromycin today (I know it is a long shot, but I?m at the point where it?s promising enough to give a try), 5 day duration.   Will update in a couple weeks if it helped at all.

Mushnikk

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2020, 04:49:56 PM »
Interestingly the antibiotic might also help those with Chronic Fatigue Syndrom: https://www.springermedizin.de/azithromycin-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cfs-an-analysis-of-clin/9575786?fulltextView=true

Difficult to gauge if the antibiotic treated a possible virus infection (that is inhibiting endorphin signaling as proposed by nanna1) directly at the site of infection or indirectly by changing the microbiome creating an immunboost clearing the infection. (Or if the wiped gut bacteria no longer release endotoxins for instance, or simply altered the gut-brain axis.)

I for one (believing in nanna1s theory) and given the pepto bismol effect would guess that an altered gut microbiome strengthened the immune system in such a way that is was not supressed during orgasm or perhaps even cleared the infection after a more structural alteration in microbiome with the antibiotic.

Of course an antibiotic could also change the gut microbiome for the worse, but if it is already messed up it can only get better by a restart with antibiotics and pre/probiotics?

CharlesB

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2020, 04:57:09 PM »
One other question for John - did you take the probiotics/yogurt during the antibiotics (ie a couple hours apart from taking the antibiotics), or did you wait until after the 5 days?

John21

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »
What antibiotic did you use in 2007 John?

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg127260#msg127260

Ha! I had forgotten about that, and how eliminating milk greatly helped my POIS. I have never started drinking milk again but now I remember why I gave it up.  I'm not positive of the antibiotic I was on at that time but I think it might have been doxycycline.

John21

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2020, 05:25:48 PM »
One other question for John - did you take the probiotics/yogurt during the antibiotics (ie a couple hours apart from taking the antibiotics), or did you wait until after the 5 days?
I waited until after the 5 days.

I dropped by the pharmacy and got a label reprinted. I was given 6 tablets of Azithromycin 250mg. 2 were taken on day one, then one tablet daily until finished.

drop247

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2020, 05:41:30 PM »
I appreciate your time getting the details for us.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2020, 06:25:06 PM »
Dr-pois.

CharlesB

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2020, 06:33:04 PM »
Wow, thank you for doing that, and the quick answers!  Much appreciated!

John21

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2020, 06:53:07 PM »
Your welcome guys, no problem  :)

Vandemolen

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2020, 08:36:26 PM »
I hope no one will google how to get salmonella  ;D
Pepto Bismol did not help me at all. I asked my POIS doctor if Azithromycin is an option for me. I had almost every kind of antibiotics but this one not yet. The last time I took antibiotics was more than 1 year ago and I feel much better in and out of POIS.
But I am happy for you John. Thanks to your topic at NSF I met professor Waldinger.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2020, 06:39:27 AM »
This is Cro patent-sumamed. Never tried it.
It appears to be a “very safe” antibiotic.
I don’t know if it’s wise to take good probiotics while I’m taking them.
Now I have to find salmonella somewhere.
Dr-pois.

lw

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2020, 04:29:52 AM »
How are you guys doing?
my pois got back after being food poisoned.
Currently I'm taking co-trimoxazole and symptoms are reducing rapidly.

This thread also adds to the proof that POIS is just some kind of bacterial infection.
Cystite is also another kind of bacterial infection which flares up after ejaculation in males.

Everything will be alright guys.

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2020, 05:14:05 AM »
How are you guys doing?
my pois got back after being food poisoned.
Currently I'm taking co-trimoxazole and symptoms are reducing rapidly.

This thread also adds to the proof that POIS is just some kind of bacterial infection.
Cystite is also another kind of bacterial infection which flares up after ejaculation in males.

Everything will be alright guys.
Interesting that could mean whenever there are excess negative bacterias something changes that then leads to the POIS.

CharlesB

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2021, 03:55:33 PM »
One more question for John - How long was it after the antibiotics that you noticed your symptoms were gone?  I?m on day 5 of the Z-Pack, just wondering how it went for you.

I know Azithromycin has a ridiculously long half life, so it could still be killing off pathogens for another 5 days after stopping.