Author Topic: POIS is gone!  (Read 39288 times)

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
Re: POIS is gone!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2020, 07:14:59 AM »
Are you back to full cognitive potential you were before developing POIS and did you have any physical symptoms like strength decrease or harder to gain muscles or slower beard growth or only your mental and cognitive state seemed to be linked to whether you had POIS or not and to abstinence streaks lengths and such?

I don't think that the years of POIS have damaged my mental abilities. The only persisting negative aspect is the damage caused by the stress of living with it - this resulted in insomnia which currently persists. I have not noticed any muscular or hair growth associations.
So you can now fully learn and comprehend and understand everything fully now that you have fully cured the POIS induced brain fog?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:08:46 AM by Journey »

Investigator

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2020, 02:26:12 PM »
Azithromycin is often prescribed for covid patients as well. 

drop247

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2020, 02:29:01 PM »
It would be interesting to know the dosage you took John21, if possible.

John21

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2020, 03:53:00 PM »
So you can now fully learn and comprehend and understand everything fully now that you have fully cured the POIS induced brain fog?

Yes

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »
To those that say "it was SIBO" i want to make two additional points:

1) We can't know if it's (only) small intestine bacterial overgrowth. Wikipedia mentions that it is used as antibiotic for a number of infections, maybe the POIS triggering bacteria are somewhere else too.

2) Since there was also the "flushing" of the whole gut thanks to the diarrhea, would it be possible that you also influenced the gut virome? The gut virome is more persistent than the microbiome..

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2020, 04:36:07 PM »
Gut-brain axis. Those two communicate via the vagus nerve. He may have modulated some signaling.

John21

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2020, 04:39:51 PM »
It would be interesting to know the dosage you took John21, if possible.
When I get the chance I'll drop by the pharmacy and ask for a printout.

John21

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2020, 04:47:28 PM »
2) Since there was also the "flushing" of the whole gut thanks to the diarrhea, would it be possible that you also influenced the gut virome? The gut virome is more persistent than the microbiome..

I don't know. We have two pieces puzzle pieces that must somehow fit together: Pepto Bismol prevented POIS, and the illness seems to have permanently removed it. My guess would be bacterial.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2020, 05:00:09 PM »
It goes way beyond killing of pathogens. It adresses so many parameters that are being discussed on the forum. It also affects phospholipids/AA like peptobismol.

Azithromycin: Mechanisms of action and their relevance for clinical applications

Edit: It would have been interesting to know what kind of result a SIBO + cytokine panel test would have given for John's case, before and after application of the antibiotic.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:28:08 AM by Muon »

mike_sweden

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2020, 11:28:28 AM »
your message brings me much hope

i hope you stay pois free

promise to keep us posted

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2020, 12:13:47 PM »

CharlesB

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »
I started taking Azithromycin today (I know it is a long shot, but I?m at the point where it?s promising enough to give a try), 5 day duration.   Will update in a couple weeks if it helped at all.

Mushnikk

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2020, 04:49:56 PM »
Interestingly the antibiotic might also help those with Chronic Fatigue Syndrom: https://www.springermedizin.de/azithromycin-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cfs-an-analysis-of-clin/9575786?fulltextView=true

Difficult to gauge if the antibiotic treated a possible virus infection (that is inhibiting endorphin signaling as proposed by nanna1) directly at the site of infection or indirectly by changing the microbiome creating an immunboost clearing the infection. (Or if the wiped gut bacteria no longer release endotoxins for instance, or simply altered the gut-brain axis.)

I for one (believing in nanna1s theory) and given the pepto bismol effect would guess that an altered gut microbiome strengthened the immune system in such a way that is was not supressed during orgasm or perhaps even cleared the infection after a more structural alteration in microbiome with the antibiotic.

Of course an antibiotic could also change the gut microbiome for the worse, but if it is already messed up it can only get better by a restart with antibiotics and pre/probiotics?

CharlesB

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2020, 04:57:09 PM »
One other question for John - did you take the probiotics/yogurt during the antibiotics (ie a couple hours apart from taking the antibiotics), or did you wait until after the 5 days?

John21

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »
What antibiotic did you use in 2007 John?

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg127260#msg127260

Ha! I had forgotten about that, and how eliminating milk greatly helped my POIS. I have never started drinking milk again but now I remember why I gave it up.  I'm not positive of the antibiotic I was on at that time but I think it might have been doxycycline.

John21

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2020, 05:25:48 PM »
One other question for John - did you take the probiotics/yogurt during the antibiotics (ie a couple hours apart from taking the antibiotics), or did you wait until after the 5 days?
I waited until after the 5 days.

I dropped by the pharmacy and got a label reprinted. I was given 6 tablets of Azithromycin 250mg. 2 were taken on day one, then one tablet daily until finished.

drop247

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2020, 05:41:30 PM »
I appreciate your time getting the details for us.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2020, 06:25:06 PM »
Dr-pois.

CharlesB

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2020, 06:33:04 PM »
Wow, thank you for doing that, and the quick answers!  Much appreciated!

John21

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2020, 06:53:07 PM »
Your welcome guys, no problem  :)