Author Topic: Starting FODMAP  (Read 22298 times)

mike_sweden

Re: Starting FODMAP
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2021, 12:22:37 PM »
i would say the warmer temp and open windows

BoneBroth

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2021, 03:27:30 PM »
If we could take that in a pill it would be great. I've taken vitamin D pill like crazy and still havn't felt near as much improvements as when I had summer holliday. Now its summer, its super hot and sun every day and and I'm out alot, but I dont have vacation so I stay where I use to stay and work every day (with the everyday stress). It must be the vacation factor too. Does anyone else feel the same? What about the open windows Mike, fresh air?

mike_sweden

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2021, 11:32:59 AM »
i recently ate gluten and lactose on new job for a week and my immune system completely disappeared, got a severe cold flu and will be bed laying for a week or so

was a long time ago i was this sick

BoneBroth

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2021, 06:04:46 AM »
Do you experience any increase in headache or skin redness anyware on your body at the same time?

mike_sweden

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2021, 09:07:28 AM »
Do you experience any increase in headache or skin redness anyware on your body at the same time?

i experience loss of energy uptake, fatigue, dry skin... as consequence

not sure about headache and skin redness, will think about it

mike_sweden

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2021, 09:30:17 AM »
Bonebroth's SIBO test could be a potential part of the puzzle. He is a methane breather when ingesting lactulose (don't confuse it with lactose). https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.msg35348#msg35348
SIBO directly causes it or it is 1 or it's result of root cause or 1 of causes?

That needs to be researched. Conditions that alter GI motility could lead to SIBO. Testing is simple, non-invasive and relatively cheap. SIBO poll: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3385.0

i think i have the ibs-c version, that is very low motility and reoccurring constipation, this makes me severely tired at times when the motility drops, i get totally drained on energy, if i take something that speeds up the motility then my energy levels rise sharply
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 09:28:50 AM by demografx »

mike_sweden

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2021, 05:41:08 AM »
having failed to hold my new job due to pois i now have a severe depression

wonder what to do

BoneBroth

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2021, 06:54:35 AM »
Can you make your doctor make you sick leave?

mike_sweden

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2021, 01:44:53 AM »
Having a nervous breakdown caused by my parents has messed up my stomach. Will take some time to repair. Stress has significant impact on my digestion.

BoneBroth

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2021, 02:29:30 AM »
Go easy on your stommach when your in a stressed period. I think stress and pois cause your intestins to be leak. I've been advised to eat for breakfast milletflake porridge with 1 table spoon coconut oil /ghee and 1/2 tablespoon of chia/psyllium with some oat- or almondmilk and some rasberry. And for lunch only vegetable soup of root vegetables. I also put in some collagen peptides and a spice measure coral calk. This diet dont give me skin rashes.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 02:18:31 PM by BoneBroth »

mike_sweden

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2021, 03:43:58 AM »
i have received information that i have proven allergies against, in swedish (timotej, kvalster), timothy and mite.

so this means i have cross allergies to consider. that is tomatoes and nuts and so on.

the investigation goes on...

mike_sweden

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2021, 10:06:54 AM »
Will start complementing diet with gluten-free oatmeal porridge every morning
for fiber intake and better digestion

mike_sweden

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »
I will also restart use of Swedish product Referm which seems to work quite good.

drop247

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2021, 01:59:15 PM »
I have found a diet that puts my IBS-D into full remission. It's the SCD diet. It's basically meat, fruit, non-starchy vegetables, homemade yogurt (I use goat milk to make this because I can't tolerate cow dairy), and honey for sweetener. All my intestinal pain and loose stools stop with this diet. I believe I have a lot of healing to do with my gut though. As for POIS it's too early to say but I've had some mild improvement so far. I like the diet because unlike carnivore or keto I don't feel like I'm missing out on important nutrients.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2021, 07:06:32 PM »

mike_sweden

« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2022, 02:08:21 PM »
when i get nervous i get some extreme production of saliva, this completely throws my digestion off

any thoughts on how to solve this, how can saliva wreck havoc on the digestion so much?

i know i swallow some air when there is saliva but it really ruins my digestion.

mike_sweden

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2022, 10:47:48 AM »
I seem to be allergic to potato peelings, will cut down on it.

Food allergies investigation carries on...

mike_sweden

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2022, 06:10:22 AM »
every single time i digest forbidden ingredient, fodmaps, i get semen leakage and health issues

BoneBroth

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2023, 09:14:51 AM »
I also get an explosion of health issues as soon I eat gas producing foods (rice, bread, some foodmaps, sugar, millet now too). I just got the result from my second microbiom dna test and it too showed that I have too much sibo- and methane producing bacteria. However I dont think I have a permanent allergy to specific foods. I just become sensitive to them when I'm bloated. When I'm bloated the gut is leaking substances and those substances cause the issues. When I'm not bloated I can eat milk, cream, protein, egg, small piece of bread. But when I'm bloated I react to all those things.