Poll

Have you been screened for a varicocele?

Yes and found a varicocele on the right side.
1 (3.7%)
Yes and found a varicocele on the left side.
12 (44.4%)
Yes and found varicoceles on both sides.
4 (14.8%)
Yes but a varicocele has not been found.
0 (0%)
No
10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Varicocele  (Read 13517 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Varicocele
« on: July 27, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:33:14 PM by Muon »

b_jim

Re: Varicocele
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »
Yes, left.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 03:20:23 PM »
Yes, left.

Do you get problems in that area during POIS b_jim?

BoneBroth

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »
It really feels like I have one on the left side. Never got it checked thought. Varicose veins on the blood vessels to the testes can supress testosterone according to christoffer Walker here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCfAZeCRpaI

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 01:10:24 PM »
I can have a sore left testis and left side of scrotum including sore surrounding soft tissues and becomes systemic when pre-ejaculate releases. Probably some inflammatory chain reaction. Left side of scrotum feels thick as well. Premature ejaculation is actually beneficial in my case because I will be exposed to seminal fluids for a short time.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:16:21 PM by Muon »

BoneBroth

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 03:00:25 PM »
Dad and brother has one too, as long as they remember, but dont have POIS. How is your testosterone levels Muon?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 03:15:47 PM »
How is your testosterone levels Muon?
No idea.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »
Have a big varicose on my left testicle I remember them on a scan. Feels like a lump on my epididymitis however doesn't cause any issues for me that I know of. I don't believe I had this before POIS.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 06:45:56 PM »
I think POIS leads to ballooning of those blood vessels.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 06:47:46 PM »
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3028.msg37615#msg37615

Guys who hawe painfull testicle and all odhers members ,
could you do a litle tests for science  :) ?
Can you find painfull small node floating around testicles after eyculation?
Dr-pois.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 03:49:59 PM »
Dad and brother has one too, as long as they remember, but dont have POIS. How is your testosterone levels Muon?

I forgot about this, never mentioned it on the forum I believe, but I had an enlarged left testicle when I was younger before POIS diagnosis was made. Scan revealed benign thickening.

I can have a sore left testis and left side of scrotum including sore surrounding soft tissues (hip/groin area) and becomes systemic when pre-ejaculate releases. Probably some inflammatory chain reaction. Left side of scrotum feels thick as well.

Scrotal edema?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:38:35 PM by Muon »

LookingForACure

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 10:45:33 PM »
I have not been tested and do not have a varicocele that is easily detectable. However, I do have some symptoms of local venous hypertension on one side of my scrotum, which from the papers I read may be suggestive of sub-clinical varicocele. Whether or not this is related to POIS, I do not know. If it is, the mediating factor is unlikely to be testosterone because my levels are quite good.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2021, 06:59:08 AM »
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 12:42:18 PM by Muon »

Rollo

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2021, 12:27:32 PM »
This is actually interesting... i voted no but now that i have seen that picture i might indeed have one.
There are two oblong shaped hard and non painful "unidentified things" on the right side of my crotch.
There is a slight pain sensation in that area sometimes but not too heavy so i didn't have it checked out yet....i might now though.

Pontevin

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2021, 06:44:19 PM »
I was diagnosed around the time of symptoms appearance many years ago but hadn?t even thought about it until I randomly came upon this poll. I had inguinal hernia surgery and they said I had varicocele. Are there any cases of varicocelectomies curing POIS?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2022, 03:35:37 PM »
Are there any cases of varicocelectomies curing POIS?
Isn’t vasoligation a similar procedure? If someone has knowledge about the procedures then let us know.

Novel treatment for post-orgasmic illness syndrome: a case report and literature review

The patient underwent high ligation of bilateral varicocele 15 years ago, following which transient acute epididymitis occurred in the left testis. After anti-infection treatment, the patient's condition improved and no further attention was paid to the matter. He had a 10-year-old child and firmly refused the need for reproduction. On physical examination, we found an obvious hydrocele in the left tunica vaginalis and significant enlargement of the left epididymis.

Why does he have a varicocele in the first place? See picture two posts back.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:51:32 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2022, 03:43:00 PM »
Hello.  please give me a lot of information why trt might not work at all.  I always have pois.  I've tried testosterone propionate and in gel form - they don't work at all.  I have been taking aromatase blockers, and to no avail (My shbg is high, as is progesterone. I also did not respond to stanozolol and proviron. Proviron may need a lot. I don?t know. I have first degree left testicular varicocele. I want to try Drostanolone

Postorgasmic illness syndrome: ??????? ?? ????????

The patient was born from second pregnancy, the first ended in miscarriage a year earlier. Born on time, full-term, with great weight, with phenomena of acute perinatal lesions of the CNS with bilateral pyramidal insufficiency for which he received treatment. The condition improved from the 5th day, from the 7th day of breastfeeding discharged from supervision in satisfactory condition.

At the age of 14-15, he began to notice a deterioration in health after masturbation. The severity and duration of symptoms were significantly less. It is possible that he began to notice more symptoms due to the appearance of a permanent partner and the beginning of employment after graduation, when he began to regularly note a decrease in efficiency. The patient has a higher education, speciality "electrical engineering and electrical technology", works in shifts at the power plant.

Symptoms appear shortly after orgasm (from sex, masturbation, pollution (translation error?) or sexual arousal). Usually the duration of deterioration is 2-10 days. Mostly the patient notes apathy, fatigue, inability to concentrate ? scattered attention until the disability and inability to perform routine work, the decrease in muscle strength, difficulty in performing activities that require mental strain, hearing disorders (worse hearing of whispered speech), increased sweating, reluctance to comply with the usual load (even to go out), the subjective feeling of eye sclera change.

Examination (only listing abnormalities):

Transrectal ultrasound of the prostate - signs of diffuse changes in the prostate, ultrasound of the scrotum - signs of right varicocele. The patient is consulted by a psychoneurologist. Conclusion: asthenic syndrome. The patient is scheduled for additional examination and treatment for chronic prostatitis.

Calcium 2.54 mmol/L, reference range: 2,15-2,50 mmol/L
Serum Iron 37,3 ?mol/l, reference range: 5,83-34,50  ?mol/l
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:48:50 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2022, 03:58:33 PM »
Hi, I would only add my experience about vasodilatation and POIS. Since my POIS symptoms became stronger one of them is vasodilatation. When my POIS becomes stronger I also feel that all my vessels all arround the body are bigger.

Not only that, a varicocele appears on my left side testicles( varicocele is a varicose on the testicle).

And even more, I can say without any doubt. That there is a direct relationship between the strength of my POIS symptoms and the size of that varicocele. That is to say. The stronger my POIS symptoms are the bigger my varicocele becomes... And viceversa, the lighter my POIS symptoms are the smaller my varicocele becomes. In the moments I did not felt any POIS symptoms the varicocele disappears completely. I suffer POIS about 5 years ago. Before POIS I never had a varicocele. It just appeared when POIS appeared. At the same time.

So, I would say that in my case. POIS and vasodilatation are strongly related. And that I would like to test if my histamine level in blood is high when varicocele is present or POIS symptoms are stronger.

I'm fully convinced that POIS can be explained by one of these possibilities:

-POIS is an expression of MCAS (Mast Cell Activation Syndrome)
-POIS is a result of a blood flow issue with vasodilation being the one big problem.
-POIS occurs because there is some glutamate receptor overstimulation.
-POIS happens after levels of acetylcholine in sex arousal gets too high and then too low.

Please, could you share more of your symptoms?
I'm generally thinking that there is an over stimulated hormone associated with sex that both triggers Mast Cells and causes PE. Any suggestions on what can it be?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2022, 04:25:23 PM »
https://eje.bioscientifica.com/view/journals/eje/102/3/acta_102_3_022.xml

Moreover the increased 17-OH-P/T ratio after hCG stimulation suggests that some enzymatic impairment involving the last steps of testosterone biosynthesis exists in patients with varicoceles.

https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/abstract/10.1055/s-2007-1013461

These data demonstrated that the reduced spermatic levels of testosterone in varicoceles are due to the enzymatic impairment of testosterone biosynthesis, concerning firstly 17-20 lyase activity and secondly 17-a-hydroxylase activity.

Heather had, I believe, 3 hormones with abnormal levels plus she had severe headaches. So this got me wondered whether this hormonal state is ballooning her cerebral blood vessels upon orgasm. Also men on forum with high progesterone including myself.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:54:28 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2022, 08:21:13 AM »
People with low (free) T that will receive T boosting therapies could investigate ratio’s of hormones prior to and post TRT/hCG treatment to observe sex hormone enzyme activity.