Author Topic: POIS Paper Archive - a list of scientific articles about POIS  (Read 81290 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: POIS Paper Archive
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2019, 02:36:47 PM »
Sex hormones and ANS: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2695.msg32116#msg32116

Another idea: ANS activity could have been modulated indirectly by applying hCG.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 02:40:07 PM by Muon »

Vandemolen

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2019, 09:58:49 PM »
Did he stop doing hCG injections after the six-week follow up and continued after the 6-month follow up or did he use it all the time during these 6 months?
Yes I have the same question. I would be very expensive if he has to get HCG injections his whole life.

I mailed the link to the paper to my POIS-doctor and my urologist who knew prof. Waldinger and he is also seeing a few POIS patients at the moment.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2019, 06:58:41 AM »
I did send this question to the authors but got no response. You should give your doctors the link to this thread as well so they can stay up-to-date.

Vandemolen

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2019, 11:31:07 AM »
Read this from the paper:

At six months of follow-up he continued hCG treatment
I think he had treatment of 6 weeks. After 4,5 months he had a follow-up and then continued the hCG treatment. But for how long? His whole life? 3 injections in a week....
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
This treatment isn't feasible. Poisers who are using TRT must keep using it to keep POIS at bay which is in line with this paper. Probably androgen receptors on unknown cell types that needs to be stimulated at a regular basis, but this is wild speculation on my part. You will need large scale group studies in case you are dealing with POIS being a spectrum of illnesses.

Nas

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2019, 03:52:51 PM »
This treatment isn't feasible. Poisers who are using TRT must keep using it to keep POIS at bay which is in line with this paper. Probably androgen receptors on unknown cell types that needs to be stimulated at a regular basis, but this is wild speculation on my part. You will need large scale group studies in case you are dealing with POIS being a spectrum of illnesses.
Aren't their medications that just stimulate the androgen receptors?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2019, 04:34:14 PM »
Aren't their medications that just stimulate the androgen receptors?
No idea.

OpiesDad

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2020, 06:04:41 PM »

Nas

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2020, 06:26:40 PM »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2020, 06:50:48 PM »
New article behind a pay wall....

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21681805.2019.1704861
Wow not even an abstract.

Here is the link for a free access to the full article :

https://sci-hub.se/10.1080/21681805.2019.1704861

:)

Thanks OpiesDad for making us aware fo this new article !

P.S.  The article presents, among other things, the use of alpha-blochers as a possible treatment for POIS.  It may be interesting for those presenting high blood pressure during POIS, but for someone like me, having low blood pressure during POIS ( hypotension), alpha-blockers would make things worst ( because they lower the blood pressure).  However, I am glad that another medical team is interested in POIS research :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 06:57:48 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

marrtintintin

• Life without POIS.... so much power to be won
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2020, 02:39:43 PM »
New paper:

Successful treatment of Post-orgasmic illness syndrome with human chorionic gonadotropin

interesting article. I think I will be happy to seek treatment to put it into practice. At some point I thought about using testosterone patches. But this method seems more effective. I will start consulting an endocrinologist. thanks for the info.

Has anyone contacted their endocrinologist? Any advise to give? I am very excited about this paper, but then I hope I can get this treatment in the UK with the NHS.
This treatment does not threat fertility, does it?
Also, the point the article makes on low testosterone is interesting. I am actually low in testosterone, but I always thought it was particular to me.
So happy to be part of this community! Just a year ago, I was alone, nobody understood my “unreal” symptoms.
Digestion problems anyone? (I.e. using toilet every 3+ days) My POIS began as a teenager together with digest
POIS (13 or 7): photophobia, bloating, heavy brain fog, memory loss, muco

marrtintintin

• Life without POIS.... so much power to be won
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2020, 03:46:48 PM »
New article behind a pay wall....

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21681805.2019.1704861

Hi everyone,

just a question. The patient in the article suffers from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)*
And actually, I have recently noticed that my digestion is not ?normal?.
If I look back, my bad digestion started when I became a teenager?at the same time as POIS. I have finally realised that my digestion is far from normal: I don?t go to the toilet like people normally? do (every second or third day). And this might be related to POIS.
My digestion symptoms are quite similar to IBS: I usually go to the toilet every 4 days, sometimes less (but then I would poo not even a whole ?sausage?); other times it takes me 6 days or more. Then, once every two months or so, I suddenly spend one hour in the toilet, and maybe the following days as well. Because of this, I try to eat lots of fiber, such as flaxseeds and prunes.
Does this happen to anyone else? The thing is that, like pois, you might dismiss IBS as a ?normal? thing. Just some months ago, I thought that POIs symptoms were normal, and now, looking at my digestion, I realise that it is far normal.
I remember when I used to look surprised at my step-brother bcs he goes to the toilet every day?and other ppl go every second day?but I don?t. And I also have to be very careful with not to eat much if I am going going to bed soon. And after two months of pooing very little, I start losing my appetite, and start eating (considerably) less than usual, until I poo madly; and after that, back to start.

Let me know your thoughts....

do you think IBS and POIS could be related?
Do you go to the toilet every three-plus days? Could it be IBS?

Lastly: I feel so grateful to the people that decided to create this marvellous forum, and all those who have contributed. It definitely feels like we are much closer than ever, with the growing research and community.. I have also become more open about talking POIs, so that it might help others who might have it and don?t know it. This is a proper  Hybrid research collective, similar the Association Fran?aise contra les Myopathies (AFM) explained by Michel Callon. Let?s keep going!

(This is probably one of these optimistic posts when you think that you are about to Eureka! POIS)

*IBS: ?causes symptoms like stomach cramps, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. These tend to come and go over time, and can last for days, weeks or months at a time.? (Source: NHS)j
So happy to be part of this community! Just a year ago, I was alone, nobody understood my “unreal” symptoms.
Digestion problems anyone? (I.e. using toilet every 3+ days) My POIS began as a teenager together with digest
POIS (13 or 7): photophobia, bloating, heavy brain fog, memory loss, muco

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2020, 10:01:42 PM »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2020, 07:45:21 AM »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2020, 03:44:24 PM »
Got some new POIS paper hits. Haven't read them yet. Will update the entire thread later.

Post-orgasmic illness syndrome: history and current perspectives

Introduction: Rare and unusual andrologic syndromes that clinicians should be aware of
Thanks, Muon! Forwarded to POIS Research Team
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2020, 10:20:24 AM »
Post-orgasmic illness syndrome: history and current perspectives

Pointless and useless paper.

I dare to disagree, even if its content brings nothing new on the table.

This article may be the first article that many doctors will stumble upon, about POIS.  In this sense, it is valuable.

Moreover, this is how medical science works.   On topic that are popular, like diabetes, you may have dozens of similar articles on a very precise topic, or a very specific treatment approach or specific medicaiton, and just a few of them have something new and valuable to offer.  But this is how it goes, and these numerous "clones" on the same subject is a sign that there is interest from the medical research community about this topic.

So, no problem for me, bring in a dozen generic, repetitive POIS review articles in 2020 and each year after that, in different scientific magazines, it would be a good sign !
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2020, 07:53:24 PM »
The more the better!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2020, 07:15:35 AM »
The list of papers has been updated.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »
Muon, where is the appropriate place for this POIS article?
https://www.medpagetoday.com/meetingcoverage/smsna/82964