Author Topic: List of Doctors Who Knows about POIS and are seeing POIS patients  (Read 39294 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: List of Doctors Who Knows about POIS and are seeing POIS patients
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »
Ok
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
POIS patients from the countries below could try to get in contact with the corresponding author of the papers themselves (look for an envelope icon or this *Author for Correspondence). I'm unaware if these doctors want to see POIS patients.

China

Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS) in a Chinese Man: No Proof for IgE?Mediated Allergy to Semen

Colombia

Sindrome postorgasmico: alergia al semen en hombres

Czech Republic

Prof. Dr. Petr Weiss, Ph. D.
Sexuologicky ustav 1. LF UK a VFN
Ke Karlovu 640/11, 120 00 Praha 2
tel: 224 965 250
petr.weiss@vfn.cz
http://www.sexuologickaspolecnost.cz/kontakt

Egypt

Post-orgasmic illness syndrome: a case report

Germany

Spermaallergie

India

MEDICALLY UNEXPLAINED SYMPTOMS EXPLAINED!!!! A CASE OF POST ORGASMIC ILLNESS SYNDROME

Indonesia

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2575.msg37530#msg37530

Israel

P-03-055 Post orgasmic illness

Japan

Keio University hospital
Page 220:
https://sci-hub.se/https://doi.org/10.1111/jsm.12182_3

Oman

Preejaculatory illness syndrome: Two cases of a rare psychosomatic disorder

South Korea

Intralymphatic Immunotherapy With Autologous Semen in a Korean Man With Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Spain

Depreux, N., Basagana, M., & Pascal, M. (2018). Negative allergy study in a case of postorgasmic illness syndrome (POIS). Revista Internacional de Androlog?a, 16(1), 42-44.

UK

Post-orgasmic illness syndrome

282 Flooding as A Treatment for Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Ukraine

POSTORGASMIC ILLNESS SYNDROME: ??????? ?? ????????

USA

Rochester, Minnesota
https://www.mayoclinic.org/biographies/ziegelmann-matthew-matt-j-m-d/bio-20460946
Is aware of POIS (saw his twitter comment about POIS article Ref)

Providence, Rhode Island
Mark R. Paulos M.D.
Paper

Boston:
Successful treatment of Post-orgasmic illness syndrome with human chorionic gonadotropin

R. Taylor Segraves & Richard Balon (Michigan). They are aware of POIS.
In Memoriam of Two Unique Men

Authors from various countries that might be aware of Waldinger's POIS related work

You need to dig further yourself to find out whether they know about POIS:

Disorders of Orgasm and Ejaculation in Men (2004)

Disorders of Orgasm and Ejaculation in Men (2010)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:50:17 AM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2019, 01:57:41 PM »

I'm unaware if these doctors want to see POIS patients.

Even if they don’t, I bet they’re in a great position to recommend one - - one that they trust to be POIS-sympathetic - - but which we know...most doctors aren’t!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 12:21:49 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 08:02:09 PM »
Well said Demo and feedback from patients who have visited one of these doctors is appreciated. Please keep posting articles which mentions POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2019, 08:05:55 PM »
Will do!

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2019, 03:04:58 PM »
As suggested by Muon, I have regrouped all the Doctors of my POIS Doctors list in the first post of this thread, for easier consultation.

I also have put their location ( city and country) in red, so it will be easier to find the nearest for you.

See the result at https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2575.msg22338#msg22338  ( the first post of this thread )

I will keep it updated as I become aware of other doctors that are aware of what POIS is an that are seeing POIS patient, and have an interest to help understand it and find a treatment for it.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:11:25 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2019, 08:22:21 AM »
I've added a paper from Spain to the list. Poisers from Spain could try to contact the authors and couple back to this thread.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 10:19:32 AM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2019, 01:28:42 PM »
Maybe Observer can add to it?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2019, 01:46:25 PM »
I've added a paper from Spain to the list. Poisers from Spain could try to contact the authors and couple back to this thread.
Emailed to Observer in Spain

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2019, 05:50:50 PM »

I will try to get in touch with this two female doctors. I might even pay a visit to them to share my impressions about this condition.

Thanks for sharing it!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2019, 08:15:21 PM »

I will try to get in touch with this two female doctors. I might even pay a visit to them to share my impressions about this condition.

Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks, Observer!
Thanks, Muon!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:10:22 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2019, 04:06:07 AM »
Dr. Serge Carrier Im Montreal, QC, Canada who is a urologist also recognizes the condition.
Quantum? Muon?

Included in list?

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2019, 11:26:44 AM »
Dr. Serge Carrier Im Montreal, QC, Canada who is a urologist also recognizes the condition.
Quantum? Muon?

Included in list?
Already done, Demo, see #7 in my list:  https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2575.msg22338#msg22338
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2019, 12:09:54 PM »
Added today to the list:

10 -Doctor's name:    Dr De Boer Mannen Gezondheid   ( urologist)
Contact information : 3723 MB, Bilthoven, Netherlands
Phone: 030 662 8327
e-mail: voorbeeld@domeinnaam.nl
contact page:  https://www.dbmgz.nl/deboer/contactpagina
POIS article(s) published :  - - -
Other information : website:  https://www.dbmgz.nl/  .  Dr de Boers is a Dutch doctor who knew the late Dr Waldinger, so he knows about POIS and accept to see POIS patients.

Vandemolen

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2019, 01:45:17 PM »
Email is:
contact@dbmgz.nl

You can delete my post after you edited your post.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

pharayema

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2020, 11:05:47 AM »
anyone in germany?  ??? ???

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2020, 12:25:28 PM »

It's interesting in the Orphanet listing that they list 3 "expert centres" in Germany under health care resources for this disease. It could be that these represent some of the people they consulted in verifying the existence of POIS, I'm not sure. It might be worth our while knowing more about this and I'll ask. I notice 'patient organisations' doesn't list our forums at present. I certainly made them aware of our forums in my original letter and I'll query this at some point.

Ah, just found this info about "expert centres"
http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/Clinics.php?lng=EN

Thank you very much Mellivora. With people like you we have much more chance to overcome this condition.

It's not going to go away by itself!

I looked at the three "expert centers" and it looks like they treat in the "area", urology for instance, but I didn't see anything specific about POIS.

We'll have to work at updating our information there, but the biggest step has been made.

Thanks again.

pharayema:

From
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=125.msg3753#msg3753
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 12:29:05 PM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2020, 01:49:45 PM »
I've come across this article in German about type 1 sensitivity against semen in my search for POIS articles, they also mention POIS so they are aware of it (see full article):

Spermaallergie

Click here for the full article

You may try to contact one of the authors, J.-P. Allam (click on envelope icon in first link or use the email address given in the second link). If you don't get any responds then you could try to get in touch via the university:

Klinik und Poliklinik f?r Dermatologie und Allergologie, Universit?tsklinikum Bonn, Sigmund-Freud-Str. 25, 53105, Bonn, Deutschland
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:58:11 PM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2020, 02:45:22 PM »
Thanks, Muon

Is “sperm allergy” still a viable concept?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:49:04 PM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2020, 05:12:22 PM »
Is “sperm allergy” still a viable concept?

Most results from papers show that the mechanism behind POIS isn't antibody mediated. Only Type IV hypersensitivity hasn't been thoroughly tested. I don't think the classical allergy theory is viable.