Author Topic: I believe I found a way to relieve my symptoms ! 99% Sure it works  (Read 25256 times)

Gluton2016

• Hey everyone!! Good to meet you guys.
First of all I am sorry if I sound repetitive. A lot of my theories are from this site, from research of my own, and experience. Most of these ideas and information are not my own. This may not work for everyone but I am positive it will. If olive leaf extract worked for you at least in the beginning then this will 100%. I will try to back up my claims with links to websites and studies. I have to follow the 3 week rule to tell you my cure but here is a little back story to how I found my cure. They are 3 things to my cure. One is healing the gut, the second is replenishing hormones from vitamins and foods lost from possible malabsorption issues and the third are some pills I bought online that destroy histamines (not just block the receptors). I will do my best not to endorse a brand itself but let one decide what brand they get and where to purchase those pills. They are not difficult to find (in the US) but there aren't many brands to chose from. I believe that pois is in fact an allergic response to the histamine release during orgasm. The problem with us is that we cannot process the excess histamine correctly. The body releases adrenaline to counteract the effects of the histamine instead. This is why antihistamines kind of work but we still get the adrenaline rush. Niacin somewhat works but because it uses up all the methyl groups and stops norepinephrine (noradrenaline) from being converted to epinephrine(adrenaline) for some time but eventually most of it gets converted anyways (just slower). This is both and autoimmune and hormonal disease. I noticed that when I used to eat gluten I would get severe brain fog, my muscles would become weak and my tendons would hurt. They were basically the same symptoms of pois except without the adrenaline rush. When I gave up gluten my pois symptoms subsided but not fixed. I believe the reason why our shoulders hurt, our lower backs hurt and we get migraines is because histamine and adrenaline sticks to muscles, brain, tendons ect and whenever I massaged a certain body part that hurt I would get immediate anxiety and 20 min later some other part of my body would hurt. It's as if I wasn't getting rid of the adrenaline and histamine and I was just moving the stuff around my body. The cure I found to work for me has to do with allergy for because the pills I bought is specifically for destroying histamine. The cool thing about them is that when I first took them I immediately felt 50% of my symptoms go away. Took another pill and 10% more symptoms went away. I tested these pills by eating gluten. And I got a headache but nowhere near the debilitating symptoms I used to get when eating gluten. After 2 years of being gluten free I enjoyed a burger with buns! That same night I decided to O. There were no side effects except feeling really calm and I went to sleep. The next day I had no pois symptoms from that O. I still had the symptoms from previous O's and from previous hangovers lol but nothing from that O. Also because I have to follow the rules I will post my cure in 3 weeks. This should give me enough time post my "regimen or vitamins, minerals, doctor visits, researched websites with links, ect. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:52:40 AM by Quantum »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: I believe I found a way to relieve my symptoms ! 99% Sure it works
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 04:03:15 PM »
Gluton2016, welcome to our forum!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:53:34 AM by Quantum »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

FloppyBanana

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 06:06:28 PM »
hmmm....I await to hear the products...
FB
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:54:07 AM by Quantum »
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 07:38:10 PM »
The earth is flat. Here, let me back up my claim with a really cool-looking, commercial website!

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/index.php

See, it must be true. It's on the internet, and everything on the internet is true. *sarcasm off*
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:54:59 AM by Quantum »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 09:46:56 PM »
Hi Gluton and welcome on the forum,

It is ok to share with other members what works for you, when it is a safe method or supplement.  After that, it is up to those members to decide if they want to give it a try or not, after having checked with a health professional.

However, the title of your thread would be more in line with this if it was " I believe I found a cure for myself".  As you may know, what works for one or some POIS sufferers may not work at all for others - it seems there are many sub-types of POIS.  So, it is better to share what works for you for what it is, a solution that is effective in your own case. And it is O.K. to hope that this solution may help other POIS sufferers, but there is no way to tell in advance.

I will be very interested to hear about your long term results, and sure hope that your regimen will stay effective for you.

Histamine as a culprit has already been discussed on the forum, for example at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=820.msg7509#msg7509 , by Kurtosis.   He has found a relief method for himself by modifying his diet and by using supplements that help the methylation cycle, because, as he says, methylation helps eliminate histamine.  He also talks about DAO, but I do not know if he tried it.  Vitamin C, also, as he writes, is known to help getting rid of hitamine.

My point on view is more in the line of the Mast Cell Activation Syndrome  ( MCAS, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mast_cell_activation_syndrome ), which is along the same lines as the histamine intolerance theory, but is more accepted as a concept by the mainstream medical research.  Same advice, like avoiding histamine-rich foods or other triggers, apply for MCAS, etc.

I use quercetin, as a matter of fact, both because of its antihistamine/mast cell stabilizer properties, and for its TDO inhibitor properties.  I have good results with it, but as I have shared, I need to add other supplements to it in order to reach a higher level of relief.  Curcumin, that I use too, is also mentionned in the wiki article I have linked to above, as an antileukotriene.

Keep us updated on your results, Gluton.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:55:23 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Prancer

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 10:53:44 PM »
Below is a brief sample of just some of the commercial elements found those sites. As a general tip, be extremely wary of any sites with similar offerings (products, books, etc.). My guess is every site he shares with us will have something for sale. Also, site #1 is anti-vaccine, which is an extremely dangerous & unsound proposition.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:55:45 AM by Quantum »

FloppyBanana

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 01:30:48 AM »
Thank you b_jim and demografx for welcoming me. I read a lot online about histamine intolerance. I saw a couple websites connecting histamine reactions with adrenaline. Basically what I believe is that we are short on a chemical called Diamine Oxidase (DAO). This is a chemical that destroys histamine in the gut. Our bodies produce it and there are no normal foods that we can get it from. Somehow I believe we don't produce enough of it. I read that olive leaf extract releases DAO from the gut into the blood stream and I made the connection. It did work for me for a few times then it stopped working. So I stopped using it. I guess I used up the DAO in my gut. I think this is why people who go on low histamine diets essentially fix their pois problem.
Here are the 2 sites that I read which connect histamine intolerance and adrenaline rushes.
Let me know what you guys think.

http://autismcoach.com/the-chronic-infection-histamine-adrenaline-autism-connection-093441/

http://www.histamine-intolerance.info/

So are you trying histamine N-methyltransferase which is mentioned on one of the pages as well?
FB
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:56:01 AM by Quantum »

Prancer

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 12:18:03 PM »
Okay, fair enough, I'm just saying that if someone were to use similar sources as references in, say, an academic paper, that paper would be crumpled up and thrown in the nearest trash can, and you would remain a laughing stock forever, so...yeah...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:56:21 AM by Quantum »

Going less Crazy

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »
Dude.  Just show us what you are taking and we can make our own decisions.  What happens if you get into a car crash tomorrow and we could never find out what you did?  The 3 week rule is not so strict.  Just tell us what you are taking and say that you haven't taken it for 3 weeks yet.  Better hope than no hope at all.

I do believe in the gut "healing", but for me, it's more about avoiding certain foods.  But maybe the gut will heal after that I do not know.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:56:49 AM by Quantum »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

FloppyBanana

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »
Hi Gluton,

Your are new to the forum as a user but not new to POIS it seems. It would be good to hear your story generally speaking. I know you may be busy but I would like to hear insights on how you worked out all this stuff. To me its more than just the DAO bit.

Thanks for sharing thus far - FB
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:57:12 AM by Quantum »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 09:30:53 PM »
The earth is flat. Here, let me back up my claim with a really cool-looking, commercial website!

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/index.php

See, it must be true. It's on the internet, and everything on the internet is true. *sarcasm off*

And here is a cool-looking graphic to back up Prancer's...SCIENCE!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:57:31 AM by Quantum »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Prancer

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 10:35:12 PM »
Haha! :P Another option is that Gluton2016 is from some fly-over state in the US, and was fed a lot of that "SCIENCE" growing up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9ImScQGAo
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:58:01 AM by Quantum »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 10:41:29 PM »
Alright. Well what I have found to prevent the side effects is a Diamine Oxidase supplement. It's porcine kidney extract(at least the one I got is). You can find it online with a simple Google search. I still however follow my 3 step rule. First was to heal my gut. I had hookworms which may have caused me my stomach problems from the beginning. I could be wrong. I also did a candida cleanse by taking raw garlic for a week or two. Second I started taking zinc picolinate, niacin(b3), folinic acid(b9), and hydroxocobalamin(b12), histidine, and phosphatidylcholine. I also take others but these are the main ones. Zinc is for helping me relax and other functions of coarse. B3, b9, and b12 is to support methylation. And phosphatidylcholine is to raise acetylcholine levels which support the parasympathetic system. The histidine seems counterintuitive but I read that the more histine in the blood the less histamine is released from mast cells. The third one is of coarse the DAO supplement. I could write more but I'm on my phone getting ready for work. Let me know what you guys think.

Hi Gluton,

Thanks for sharing the supplements you are using.  I agree with FB that there is much more to it to discuss than just DAO.  It would be interesting to learn about how you came to this particular mix of supplements.  Did you build your regiment slowly, or have started all the products at about the same time?   From what you write, it seems that the addition of DAO has been the game changer, so were you already taking the others with no significant results?

Garlic have been talked about a lot on this forum.  It has been helpful for some members in reducing their symptoms.

The use of histidine is indeed counterintuitive.  Histidine is a precursor of histamine, so more histidine in your body, in the long run, is not suppose to help.  Did you test your regiment with histidine and without it, to see the difference? 

Methylation support has been very helpful for at least one member ( Kurtosis).  I have tried it last year, but I am totally intolerant to L-methylfolate and TMG - they make me sick, even at low dose, for no known reason.  So, I have stopped any methylation support supplement, it was not part of the solution for me.

Does this regimen bring relieve all of your POIS symptoms?   And in what range?  80%?  100%?

Sorry for all those questions, but your answers would really help understand better your personal anti-POIS protocol.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:58:23 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 12:19:26 PM »
In all sincerity, I appreciate your detailed sharing of what works for you.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:59:11 AM by Quantum »

Prancer

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 01:22:40 PM »
@Gluton Ahhhh okay, because I was about to ask if bumper stickers were also an acceptable reference to you.

Anyway, thanks for the succinct post and explanation
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:59:37 AM by Quantum »

FloppyBanana

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »

DAO (Diamine Oxidase) - This the deal breaker. I began taking this and I felt better right away. I could eat bread with almost no immune response. Except for a headache which usually lasts a week after eating gluten there are no other symptoms. I have also O'd 2 times and I'd say the DAO covers 90% and it may be because I took the pill 12 hours before the O and not right before or it may be that I'm just feeling it because of the bread I ate.

It sounds like you only tried DAO a couple of times? We need to be careful about the 3 week rule, cos a lot of people including me could get their hopes up.
I hope you can get consistent results over the coming month. I really hope you can get consistent relief. I had my heart broken with Mytelase backfiring on me days after O now and can't work out why it happens. Fingers crossed to you (and us) though!!!
FB
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:03:18 AM by Quantum »

FloppyBanana

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 02:35:18 PM »
Has anyone tried histamine n-methyltransferase. Apparently it breaks down histamine in the brain...
FB
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:03:38 AM by Quantum »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 10:34:32 AM »
Well lets see. Jokes aside. I don't believe in much except things of my own experience and I am not from a fly-over state either. Also I have tried many supplements (about 62) and I'm going to put the effect they had on me. As one can see I have spent a lot of money and trial and error to cure this damn curse. This is my story. It's kind of long. You can read the story, the list, or both.

Thanks for the detailed post, Gluton.

It is good information that you have kept track of all that you have been tried, and the results you got.  I have myself a file with over 70 supplements I have tried through the years, with the scientific reason I tried them, the dosage, the results ( level of relief, side effects, ...).  I often re-try products that are theoretically suppose to be good, but either showed no results or mild side effects, to see if they could do better when my body is in another state, some more weeks later.  For sure, I usually try to test a new substance when I feel relatively good, to be able to discern between the effect of this substance, and the state I am in currently.  I have also to deal with my tricky mind... if my anxiety level is high, it is not a good time to try a substance that has not passed yet my "safety" test, meaning that I know I can take it without ill effects, and without my mind messing with me taking it.  For me, it is an important first step, because my anxious mind can easily create somatic side effects that has nothing to do with the product itself ( headache, dizziness, more anxiety, tension, ....).  Slow process, but it led me to found products that are safe for me, and among them, some that brings me relief.

Unlike you, I have never stumbled upon a product giving such a high level of relief as 90% ( like you currently have with DAO).  I found things giving me 30%, or 40% relief, and stacking them, taking them 20 mins or so before release, and after release, as needed, and I got to a consistent 80% to 100% of relief ( I have the same, stable, pre-pack and overall method for over a year now, like described at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2090.msg16604#msg16604 . ).  It took time to get there.  For years, I had only magnesium and green tea extract in my "pack", and this was only 40%-50% relief - good, but only to be able to go through my day at work, but not feeling well, and with  fatigue.

My use of multiple supplements reflects my vision that POIS physiopathology is complex, and more than only one physiologic pattern, be it about cytokines or neurotransmitters, has to be act upon in order to address all symptoms.  This is reflected in the "clusters" of symptoms I have defined, also.  For example, I use TDO inhibitors ( like quercetin or milk thistle) along with IDO inhibitor ( rosemary extract or curcumin), in order to block both paths as once, both leading to kynurenine productions. 

Well, I hope DAO will keep its effectiveness for you, keep us updated, in particular when a month or so has passed.  Along with details about when you take it ( daily? or just before release?).

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:03:58 AM by Quantum »

Prancer

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 05:11:42 PM »
I've already taken DAO (over the years I've tried many, many different supplements). It did absolutely nothing for me.
I'm not saying that no one should give it a try. I'm saying that DAO can also be quite expensive, and chances are it won't work for you either, so please don't get your hopes up!

BTW, I have a list too...of what's for sale on the supposed "references" he gives us. (More like spam in disguise).
Around 70% or more of these are just overpriced garbage.
This is by far not the complete list. There are hundreds more products for sale, including books, CDs, and more. It's like a mini Amazon, except much, much shittier.

It's a major industry of paid fake trolls, commenters, product raters and other people doing exactly what he's doing, just FYI.
Not advocating for Gluton's removal or anything like that at this stage. Just be mindful of what he says, at least for a while.

5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) - $20.00
Acetyl L-Carnitine Powder - $21.00
Active B6 - P5P - Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate - $11.00
Allithiamine - $17.00
Alpha GPC - $30.00
Alpha Lipoic Acid - $18.00
Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid - $12.00
Anti-Viral/Bacterial/Fungal Immune Complex - $30.00
Ashwagandha Extract Capsules - $15.00
Astragalus Extract Capsules - $11.00
Autism Coach Supplement Kit - $115.00
B-12 Spray - $30.00
B-Complex Methylated Vitamin - $16.00
B12 + B6 - Active B's Spray - $26.00
Behavior Balance - $28.00
Behavior Harmony Active B Complex Supplement - $35.00
Benfotiamine - Vitamin B1 - $27.00
Beyond Essential Fats - $49.95
Bioactive Glucorophanan Broccoli Sprout Powder - $62.95
Bioactive Iodine Blend - $27.00
Bioactive Vitamin-Mineral Supplement - $25.00
Cal Mag Plus - $19.00
Cal-Mag Butyrate - $13.00
Calcium - Liquid Non-Dairy, Mint Flavored - $8.00
Calcium Citrate Powder - $19.00
Candex - $48.00
CandiRid - Rainforest Immune System Support - $35.00
Caprylic Acid - $10.00
Cats Claw Capsules - $6.00
Chelation/Detoxification Natural Supplement Kit - $108.00
Chlorella - Yaeyama Capsules - $13.00
Chromium Picolinate - 200 Mcg - $6.00
Citicoline capsules - $26.00
Citrus Bioflavonoids 700mg - 100 Capsules - $9.00
Co-Q10 - 100 Mg - 60 Capsules - $17.00
Coconut and Red Palm Oil Set - $25.00
Coconut Oil - $10.00
Cranberry Extract - $8.00

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:04:19 AM by Quantum »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 07:06:16 PM »
Hi Prancer,

If I was to try DAO, I wouldn't check the site given by another member, and buy it at my usual, trusted source.  In this case, I would consider http://www.vitacost.com/nutricology-dao-histamine-digester-with-bioflavonoids-60-capsules  , which seems to be cheaper than what you have been using and what Gluton is using  ( Note that I have no financial interest in this site, it is a major online seller of supplements, and I have no stake in it - they just have good price and good customer service).

For comparison purpose,  Gluton, what strength of DAO per dose is the one you are using , 41mg / 5000 HDU ?

This particular preparation have also some quercetin and rutin in it, which are good add against histamine ( even if quercetin is in low dose there, my usual quercetin supplement is 500mg, with bromelain enhancing its absorption, so significantly more ).

Note that I have no opinion on DAO at this point, and it is to each member to make up its own mind.  Actually, I already have an effective way to control my POIS symptoms.  This message is to help ease the "commercial" tension Gluton's messages could bring to any member, and help redirect the discussion on the usefulness - or not - of DAO for a the members who have tried it or are currently trying it.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:04:42 AM by Quantum »