Author Topic: wiped.  (Read 140760 times)

cornelius

wiped.
« on: March 31, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »
gone.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:49:42 AM by cornelius »

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: General Discussion Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »
Perfect. So here it is.

Please everybody try to keep more serious topics relating to POIS in the corresponding boards where they belong. Not that I want to ba a control freak, but so that there is an order that all users can count on, especially outside resources that may just be looking for things.

It's certain that there may be POIS related subjects that aren't covered by the board yet, but at the risk of GOING CRAZY with boards, those orphaned topics can be discussed here. As these grow we can group them and eventually find them a home.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:51:29 AM by Daveman »
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »
BTW cornelius, I like the way that your POIS type and current "treatments" show up under your posts. I guess that would be in your profile?
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 07:53:30 AM »
There may be whole forums that receive 2 posts per year. If that happens we'll move the posts and delete the forum.

I understand that at NSF, everybody has gotten used to opening the WEB page and writing. Simple easy, say what ever I want where ever and whenever.

So it's so much hard here, to look for the right place to speak. Heaven forbid that we should have things organized, for someone like Stephanie from NORD for instance that needs to find something easily and quickly.

Aside from which she can use the search feature, which directs her to all the instances in the forum very quickly. How many others like her would there be who can send resources our way, when their goal is NOT to open the page and write what ever they want in the moment. They just go away.

Before you make all kinds of suggestions, USE the site, get the feel for it. After 20 posts or so, you'll start to see that it's not as bad at all as you thought. And so what if you only use one forum, or two, and the rest are empty. As I said, if that happens we'll remove the forum.

And if it's a matter of not finding a space to write, make the suggestion. But if it's just a matter of having to take the time to change forums to write something different, make the small effort, it's for the benefit of those who are looking for something valuable. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:00:08 PM by Daveman »

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
Just wanna say I love the look of this new forum site. I like how the topics are separated too since I'm more interested in the smaller treatments that can reduce POIS symptoms at the moment and also Silodosin I suppose. Since I'm not as interested in things like testosterone therapy and the POIS as being an alergic reaction theory I can more easily skip to the stuff I wanna read now.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Animus

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
Hey guys, the new forum looks great!  ;D
And I like the comments, daveman. Thanks for your hard work!
Looking forward to using it.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 03:22:46 AM »
So far so good - lots of good work has been put in here I see, Daveman!

Will try to post here when I can, always too damn busy  >:(

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 03:28:10 PM »
Vincent Marcus,

I see as one of your symptoms you mention itching anus!!

TELL ME ABOUT IT! Man, yes, it's the deepest and wierdest itch I've ever felt!! It's so strange. In day to day life, you don't notice it much, but when you go to the bathroom you have to, well, wipe it! That's when it starts. Scratching it (with the paper) is almost orgasmic in itself. You don't want to stop, yet you don't want to continue either. Soooo weird.

For me it lasts longer than the other symptoms, almost 10 to 14 days. But it does go away. I'm over 14 days now and have almost no symptoms.

Here you can talk about these things, BTW what are George Carlin's prohibitied words? They all get through, not filtered here yet. Although I really don't recommend using them a lot, but sometimes... you just have to. :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:32:05 PM by Daveman »

Vincent M

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 11:57:24 AM »
Yup mine is the same symptom as yours Daveman. In fact for a while I thought I had some kind of intestinal parasite that was causing the itchiness, but since when I'm out of POIS (which rarely happens for me) the itching always stops so I figured it's probably not worms. I think it may be related to the overall dry skin I get while in POIS since the dryness could cause the itchiness. I haven't checked to see if it lasts longer than my other symptoms, but it seems to me the itchiness goes away if I don't have an O in about 3 or 4 days.

Also I think it might have something to do with weak digestion while in POIS that could cause irritation to the anus from diarrhea or such.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:00:40 PM by Vincent Marcus »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Vincent M

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 05:30:32 PM »
I've noticed there has been some debate on the POIS wikipedia article and there is an issue about our previous thread at the naked science forum not being up to wikipedia standards. I was wondering if we could possibly make this new forum up to wikipedia standards somehow so we could use it as a source on the POIS wikipedia article.

Vincent M

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 06:36:54 PM »
I wonder if any of us in our POIS group are good writers? I'm thinking if we could get a whole book written specifically about POIS it would gain us a lot more publicity as well as be a good source for us to use on sites like wikipedia or to give to doctors who've never heard of POIS.

Jon

I knew there had to be others.
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »
Hi everybody.  My name is Jon.

Let me start off by saying that I have a lot of respect for each and every one of you as I understand what you are going through.  I still cannot believe that I came accross the nakedscientists forum last night.  I am a 24 year old male who has been suffering since the age of 16 with this issue.  I have seen multiple psychologists, neurologists, endocrinologists, urologists, etc over the years and none of them had any understanding of what I'm talking about and the other half of them thought i was crazy.  I knew what I have been feeling all along so I have not given in to that belief.  I am so thankful to you guys for making this website as it confirms what I have been feeling and it gives me hope.  I have read more than a few of your conditions so let  me tell you a little about mine.

I have a lot of the same symptoms as most of you, but my issue is chronic and I never fully heal.  One day when I was 16 I masturbated and I felt drained at the moment of climax and I knew something was wrong.  All of a sudden I felt very drained and things were mentally disoriented.  I felt uninterested and unmotivated and almost disconnected with things, nothing was intriguing me.  I never recovered from then.  This was how i normally felt, and then the post orgasm 3 or 4 day period just made the issue worse over time.  After this 3 to 4 day 'recovery' period I would then recover to that regular drained feeling.  The problem is that over time, this baseline regular drained feeling has been made worse by orgasms.  Each orgasm has made my baseline regular feeling worse and worse.  I am at the point where i can not function corectly at all.  I have had all sorts of physical and mental symptoms and after almost 8 years of this I have had to leave school and stop working.  Mind you, I am not the type of person to stay in bed and drink soup when I'm sick.  Its a never ending thing for me as I never fully recover and the last time I felt even close to normal was back before that episode when I was 16.  My symptoms have gotten worse and worse over time.  Today my symptoms are that of: almost no libido, erection difficulties, don't even feel that regular 'let down' normal men get after sex because I'm already feeling crummy, testicular pain, leakage, severe depression/confusion/slur words/thinking problems, extreme fatigue, hot flashes, immune system problems, and the list goes on.

I have gone months without any sexual activity and still never recover.  Night time emissions happen from time to time due to my near absence of sexual activity and they also effect me but the symptoms are not as sever as masturbation.

I have read a lot of your symptoms and I respect you guys because i know its hard, but I havnt come across anybody whos symptoms are chronic with a 3 to 4 day POIS period on top of that.  I have lost a lot of hope over time, but finding these forums has restored some of that hope.

I have been debating taking an antidepressant to help with the mental issues as I am even having trouble with the simplist of mental tasks, but I'm not sure that they will even work.

Any response is much appreciated.

Thank you guys again for making this forum possible.  I am happy to help the good cause along.

We won't give up,

Jon.
My cognitive symptoms started suddenly during an orgasm when I was 16. I then developed my POIS and cognitive/physical symptoms became very severe. Had to leave work and school. This year I had 60% success with regimen. Recently the symptoms have gotten worse again. Let's help each other.

Vincent M

Re: I knew there had to be others.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »

I have read a lot of your symptoms and I respect you guys because i know its hard, but I havnt come across anybody whos symptoms are chronic with a 3 to 4 day POIS period on top of that.  I have lost a lot of hope over time, but finding these forums has restored some of that hope.

I have been debating taking an antidepressant to help with the mental issues as I am even having trouble with the simplist of mental tasks, but I'm not sure that they will even work.

Hey, I have some things in common with you as I'm a similar age (22) and my POIS started when I was 17. I've also noticed that my baseline health has been affected by POIS over the years in that if I refrain from orgasm for about a week I feel a lot better than usual with almost complete absence of symptoms, but still never as good as I felt before I got POIS initially. However I haven't experienced any reduction in sex drive, in fact my sex drive is painfully high basically keeping me in a constant state of POIS.

From what I've read on the site SSRIs haven't helped many of us with our POIS symptoms. I tried prozac for about a month, but it started to make my hair fall out so I stopped.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
jon what do you mean by leakage, and how constant is you leakage, if you are talking about semen then that might be why you never recover fully. If according to dr waldingers paper because of inmmune reaction to semen we have pois, if you continue having leakage this might be why you are not recovering all the way.

I my self started having pois around 17 and never really heal may be one to two weeks in a year. i am trying to figure out whether i rarely heal because of sex dreams or prostate fluid realeased while using the bathroom.

you might want to also check bjims diet in auto immune section, maybe changing your diet will help.
I willl also check vitamind d level, i have read it has something to do with auto immune problems. if it is low try to bring it up.

Jon

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 11:38:14 PM »
Hey guys.  Sorry for the delay.  I have looked into Dr. Waldinger's papers and they are definately interesting.  I will look more into it.

cornelius: That sounds interesting.  What is Fenugreek ?

Ccconfucius: By leakage I mean both semen and urine. Both very mild. Semen only when I get very aroused and it is very minimal.  Thanks for the tips, I will check those things out.  I also heard a lot of things about Progesterone that could have to do with POIS.

Any thoughts?
My cognitive symptoms started suddenly during an orgasm when I was 16. I then developed my POIS and cognitive/physical symptoms became very severe. Had to leave work and school. This year I had 60% success with regimen. Recently the symptoms have gotten worse again. Let's help each other.

Vandemolen

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 03:07:09 AM »
Hey guys.  Sorry for the delay.  I have looked into Dr. Waldinger's papers and they are definately interesting.  I will look more into it.

Ccconfucius: By leakage I mean both semen and urine. Both very mild. Semen only when I get very aroused and it is very minimal.  Thanks for the tips, I will check those things out.  I also heard a lot of things about Progesterone that could have to do with POIS.

Any thoughts?
Maybe you have an UTI.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Jon

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 03:45:14 AM »
I had that check a long time ago and I dont'.  I have other symptoms in that area also like discomfort in the genital area right up through a few days after sex. Seen urologists multiple times. It is my belief that it is part of my POIS.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 06:10:41 AM »

Jon, follow the link in the post referenced below for tons of information on Fenugreek from the NSF forum.

http://72.52.181.21/POIS/index.php?topic=27.msg59#msg59

Jon

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 10:05:54 PM »
Thank you, Daveman.  Much appreciated.

emi_b

• Lab1
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »
Hi everybody.

I am not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself.

I've read about POIS from the Wikipedia and the NSF thread, about some months ago. I am a 20 year old male and I suffer from serious symptoms after an O, since I had 17 years. But unlike most of what I've read on this forum my symptoms never ended from then (some serious symptoms appear especially after an O and last for a couple of days).

I have both cognitive and physical symptoms, some of them are almost impossible to describe. I went at a lot of doctors but none of them managed to figure out what it is. My general blood test where normal. Now I take an SSRI (serotonin), but it don't help a lot.

I want to thank to all of you for the effort you make to spread out information about POIS.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:42:26 PM by emi_b »
I have cognitive, psychological and physical symptoms.
I am apologizing for my English if it is unclear.