Author Topic: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS  (Read 291556 times)

jivetalk

Re: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2011, 07:50:27 AM »
From the article

http://www.doctoryourself.com/niacin.html

" If you want a flush right away, you can powder the niacin tablet. This is easily done by crushing it between two spoons. Powdered niacin on an empty stomach can result in a flush within minutes. Sustained release niacin is often advertised as not causing a flush at all. This claim may not be completely true; sometimes the flush is just postponed. It would probably be difficult to determine your saturation level with a sustained- or time-released product.  They are also more costly. But the biggest reason to avoid sustained-release niacin is that most reports of side effects stem from use of that form. ".............

Interesting...Might have to try this.

JT

jivetalk

« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2011, 08:02:59 AM »
Hi All,

I've received a few PM's now asking what Brand of Niacin I use and where I purchased it from. I quite literally after hearing of Victor's success with XN, and not being able to find XN - Went to my local Vitamin store and grabbed the first Nicotinic Acid Pills I could. Luckily it turns out, it seems to be working for me. Anyway - Here is the brand I use, and I have found a website in Australia which ships internationally....

http://www.fourbody.com.au/thompsons-vit-b3-niacin.html

I have not used this site and so cannot personally vouch for them yet, but they seem pretty legitimate and checkout okay.

JT

B_Daniel

« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »
I don't have anything ground-breaking to report, just more confirmation of XN.  I have been taking XN now for the last few weeks.  I take 1.5 (150mg) pills an hour before the O and let the flush fully subside before the O.  The results are quite good.  In fact, I can have 3 O's within the few hours after taking XN, and only get minor pois after.  I always take it on an empty stomach, bc I won't get the flush if not. 

Im not sensitive enough with my pois to know exactly how well the XN is working.  What I mean by that is that I know that an hour after my O, when I should start feeling miserable, I feel great.  It's just that 1 or 2 days later, a bit more pois begins to kick in.  I can't exactly quantify how much kicks in or when, I just know that at least a little bit creeps back.

B_Daniel

« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
One thing to report.... I took Niacin 5 hrs ago and just had an O.  Not a good idea.  It didnt last that long.

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »
I will test Xanthinol Nicotinate (Strong version of niacin) 150 mg pill in 2 days, another member for the statistics  :)
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2011, 09:34:38 PM »
I got my niacin pills today. I took one 100mg pill 30 min ago, but still haven't felt anything...well maybe i feel a tad warm right now but could be my imagination or just the temp outside. Unfortunately I had dinner about half an hour before i took the pill, but I'll still have an "o" to test it and I'll report back whether it worked or not.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

kk

• 23, California
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2011, 12:44:21 AM »
Hey there guys. New to the forum, but I've been lurking the nakedscientist thread for about a year now. Suffer mostly cognitive symptoms.

Thought I'd share my experience with Niacin so far. Bought some at Rite-Aid here in California about 2 weeks ago. It was just labeled "Niacin", and it was pretty cheap - $3 for a hundred 100mg tablets. The slow-release stuff was 3 times more.

First try: took 300mg about an hour after dinner. No flush, but I felt it still had an effect on my POIS. I'd say about 70-90% POIS the next day (maybe just placebo?).

Second try, 3 days later: 300mg 3 hours after dinner. This time I DID get a flush, but it wasn't until ~2.5 hours after I took the Niacin. By then I had already O'd. Same results as last time, BUT by the 4th day I felt almost back to normal. Usually the 3rd and 4th days are the worst for me, and it's not until the 5th or 6th day I start returning to normal, but this time I seemed to be recovering more quickly. Placebo again?  :-\

Third try: 500mg ~12 hours after dinner. Definitely felt the flush  :o. Lasted about 10 minutes. Had an O soon after flush subsided. 30-40% POIS upon waking up the next day. Days 2 & 3 were even better.

Fourth try: 300mg ~12 hours after dinner. Same results as third try. I'm currently on day 2 and feel pretty good. Maybe 20% POIS. It really does seem like an improvement. Usually my POIS lasts 5-7 days, and is at its worst on day 3/4.

I'm gonna take a break until Tuesday so my body doesn't get used to the Niacin flush, but...so far the it seems to be working  :o. Hopefully it keeps up  8). Anyway, i'll keep you guys updated.
Brain fog and general lethargy 5-7 days after O. Been suffering at least since puberty.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2011, 08:08:41 AM »
As you saw kk, the closer to dinner or heavier eating and the less the flush. Also the less the effect on POIS.

Best time to have orgasm is within an hour of taking the Niacin, but you have up to 5 hrs or so.

So good tests, they confirm most of our suspicions.

I think the most positive effect, even if the symptoms IN POIS themselves may not be reduced by a large percentage, is that the session is made shorter.

This in itself is a great advantage.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

B_Daniel

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »
kk -

That is reallllly helpful information!  We've been speculating about the full stomach/ weak results thing but it's good to get more evidence of that through you. 

I've still got a whole bunch of outstanding Niacin quesions:

One thing I've been hypothesizing, and which your post helped me to recall, kk, is that - And tell me if this is crazy - but taking Niacin and having an O a few days in a row seems to reduce my POIS by a little more every day.  Now intuitively you'd think the opposite.  You'd think stringing 4 O's, 4 days in a row would completely shut me down, lights out. But 4 days, 4 times Niacin, 4 O's, and I'll start to feel really good.

So then if that's the case, i wonder whether I'd be feeling as good had I had (1) O, and then taken Niacin for 4 days after, or if having that O helps somehow?

Next question of mine is whether the flush is necessary.  Here's the thought process.  We eat.  Then take B3.  Then O.  Reduced Results?  It seems that way.  BUT, Every time somebody has taken niacin on a full stomach, it was their first couple times trying Niacin.  And maybe it works better after a few times in a row?  OR on the other hand, as we've all been guessing already, it could not work as well because A) niacin doesnt absorb as quickly on the full stomach or B) We don't get the flush.  B is really A too, but A is not B, if you follow.

So ppl keep reporting your results! 

B_Daniel

« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2011, 10:11:55 AM »
Victor-

It seems like a lot of us are speculating what features of Niacin makes this all work.  I don't really understand the back and forth on the main forum about it, but ppl are talking about niacin synthesizing into tryptophan, B3 in semen, B6, serotonin, melatonin, etc...

If Olga prescribed this to you, wouldn't she know exactly what properties of Niacin are helping us?  Maybe she just guessed and got lucky, but I doubt it!  I wish you could just e-mail her but you've said she prob doesn't know how to turn on a computer.  A quick phone call could be helpful though  :-*  That smiley kiss face is the closest smiley I could find to representing "pretty please".  That's all it means though so don't get any ideas guys!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2011, 11:50:50 AM »
kk -

That is reallllly helpful information!  We've been speculating about the full stomach/ weak results thing but it's good to get more evidence of that through you. 

I've still got a whole bunch of outstanding Niacin quesions:

One thing I've been hypothesizing, and which your post helped me to recall, kk, is that - And tell me if this is crazy - but taking Niacin and having an O a few days in a row seems to reduce my POIS by a little more every day.  Now intuitively you'd think the opposite.  You'd think stringing 4 O's, 4 days in a row would completely shut me down, lights out. But 4 days, 4 times Niacin, 4 O's, and I'll start to feel really good.

So then if that's the case, i wonder whether I'd be feeling as good had I had (1) O, and then taken Niacin for 4 days after, or if having that O helps somehow?

Next question of mine is whether the flush is necessary.  Here's the thought process.  We eat.  Then take B3.  Then O.  Reduced Results?  It seems that way.  BUT, Every time somebody has taken niacin on a full stomach, it was their first couple times trying Niacin.  And maybe it works better after a few times in a row?  OR on the other hand, as we've all been guessing already, it could not work as well because A) niacin doesnt absorb as quickly on the full stomach or B) We don't get the flush.  B is really A too, but A is not B, if you follow.

So ppl keep reporting your results! 

As far as the full stomach, I saw a couple of places on internet, I don't have the links right now, that eating before taking the Niacin reduces the flsuh. This was advice for those who don't seek the flush, which is the case for most Niacin users. Even doctors will recommend things, like taking asperin beforehand or taking it on a full stomach to reduce the flush.

There still might be a doubt as to whether the flush is required / helpful. I understood that it IS better with the flush....

Reading the post that Starsky made, I'm thinking that getting the flush assures you that there is a sufficient dose enough to assure adequate B3 in the system to manage histmaine /serotonine/ dopamine production also required after orgasm.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

B_Daniel

« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »

As far as the full stomach, I saw a couple of places on internet, I don't have the links right now, that eating before taking the Niacin reduces the flsuh. This was advice for those who don't seek the flush, which is the case for most Niacin users. Even doctors will recommend things, like taking asperin beforehand or taking it on a full stomach to reduce the flush.

There still might be a doubt as to whether the flush is required / helpful. I understood that it IS better with the flush....

Reading the post that Starsky made, I'm thinking that getting the flush assures you that there is a sufficient dose enough to assure adequate B3 in the system to manage histmaine /serotonine/ dopamine production also required after orgasm.

So a full stomach reduces/eliminates the flush.  Also, taking Niacin everyday, even on an empty stomach, eliminates the flush.  But maybe the latter event still is effective at reducing POIS, whereas the former event we believe is mostly ineffective.   

jivetalk

« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2011, 07:37:59 PM »
Hi all,

Some very very interesting articles on Niacin, How much you can take, finding the flush threshold, and Niacin being used to cure other diseases.

http://www.doctoryourself.com/review_hoffer_B3.html

http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_niacin.html

I tried this bit of advice the other night....."If you want a flush right away, you can powder the niacin tablet. " ....... This was about 3 hours after a heavy meal. Within about 5-10 Minutes I was flushing! I did take 300mg of powdered Niacin (crushed with a spoon).

Victor - Perhaps this is an alternative to using XN injections if we are able to have the flush appear so soon?. . What do you think?

JT

jivetalk

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »
KK,

Thank you very much for your detailed reporting. It is really appreciated that you add to our groups 'knowledge' and results of this.
I hope very much that your positive results continue. I look forward to more reports.

JT.

victor.kons

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2011, 03:40:25 AM »
Hi all,

Some very very interesting articles on Niacin, How much you can take, finding the flush threshold, and Niacin being used to cure other diseases.

http://www.doctoryourself.com/review_hoffer_B3.html

http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_niacin.html

I tried this bit of advice the other night....."If you want a flush right away, you can powder the niacin tablet. " ....... This was about 3 hours after a heavy meal. Within about 5-10 Minutes I was flushing! I did take 300mg of powdered Niacin (crushed with a spoon).

Victor - Perhaps this is an alternative to using XN injections if we are able to have the flush appear so soon?. . What do you think?
To be fair I can't stop thinking about this :) I think we should try this for sure! Especially the people that tried taking Niacin already and don't have 100% reduce of POIS symptoms should try the same dose they took but with powdered Niacin and see whether there will be a difference.

Another experiment that we can check is to try the same dose of powdered Niacin for people with 100% symptom reduction, but shorten the time between taking Niacin and O. And see if it will be okay to have O sooner than in 1 hour.

Victor
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:42:06 AM by victor.kons »
3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2011, 09:47:49 AM »
What I can say: i tried 300 mg Niacin and 300 mg XN. XN doesnt give me the flush or i dont notice it, Niacin makes me everytime red, but i have the feeling XN works better even when i dont flush.

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »
What I can say: i tried 300 mg Niacin and 300 mg XN. XN doesn't give me the flush or i don't notice it, Niacin makes me everytime red, but i have the feeling XN works better even when i don't flush.

Can you say your % of POIS after those trials please?  :) d1/d2 and so on !
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

victor.kons

« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2011, 11:25:52 AM »
What I can say: i tried 300 mg Niacin and 300 mg XN. XN doesnt give me the flush or i dont notice it, Niacin makes me everytime red, but i have the feeling XN works better even when i dont flush.
I confirm that I have less flush with XN too, but its as effective as Niacin to prevent POIS for me.

Victor
3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
okay I've taken Niacin 2 times in a row. The first night I took 100mg right after dinner and an hour before orgasm. I didn't notice a flush, but I seemed to have more energy around the afternoon of the next day.

The night after I took 200mg of Niacin about 10hrs after eating anything and an hour before orgasm. I definitely got a flush about 30min after I took the pills. My arms were completely red and hot and itchy all over as were my ears and feet. I had an orgasm right when the flush was wearing off and while I did feel tired right after I orgasmed, after I laid down for a couple minutes I noticed I could still think somewhat clearly, which I'm never able to do immediately after orgasm. I felt okay today, but I had another orgasm or two during the night so I'm not 100% yet. I do notice that today my physical energy and stamina are greatly increased. For instance my arms feel a lot lighter if I lift one up and all movement simply happens so much easier than usual. If these results happen every time I take niacin I will conclude that it is definitely worth taking regularly, perhaps once a week so my body doesn't get too used to it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:03:14 PM by Vincent Marcus »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Animus

« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2011, 10:25:40 PM »
Hi Victor
Is there any theory so far that would explain why Niacin and XN seem to work so well.