Author Topic: Feeling better because of turmeric/curcumin!  (Read 45232 times)

Nightingale

Feeling better because of turmeric/curcumin!
« on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:59 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been waiting a while before posting about this, because I really wanted to avoid unnecessary excitement and disappointment. So many treatments have been proposed, yet so many don't work for many of us. But I am writing today about a definite success, and I want you all to know about it so that you can see if you can enjoy the relief of symptoms I have experienced!

There is a root that is common especially in Indian (Asian Indian, not American Indian) cuisine. It is called tumeric, and it produces a bright orange color. You can notice this in their cuisine, full of bright orange curries. Inside of tumeric is one of, if not the most potent natural anti inflammatories in the world, curcumin. It has been studied quite a bit, and it has gained a lot of attention for its successes. Its impact on inflammation, and thus pain, is driving a lot of people to buy products containing curcumin. I know, I began working at a natural supplements store 4 months ago and we have many people buying tumeric/curcumin products.

I decided to give one product a try, Terry Naturally Curamed. I have been on this for almost three months, and the results are very good and obvious. First and most important, it is reducing my POIS symptoms directly after ejaculation. I unfortunately have not been able to get a niacin flush for over a year, for unknown reasons. Most likely my chronic use of psychiatric medications has my liver under heavy load, and I don't believe I am utilizing niacin like I used to. I found an alternative, though: if I took high doses of NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen) I had very similar if not better results than with niacin. I got this idea from other users who said that medications like Celebrex (another strong NSAID) gave them relief.

What do I experience? A more calm and smooth ejaculation, in contrast to the spasmodic experience I've been used to with POIS. I noticed this as well when I achieved a good niacin flush or took high enough amounts of NSAIDS, my semen would be ejaculated with much less force than without treatment. With a strong orgasm, I would ejaculate large distances if I didn't block the stream, often 4-6 feet! I'd also feel like I'd just had a convulsion, and my muscles would loose tone and relax way too much to do anything for a while. The added benefit of NSAIDs was that it helped my muscles overcome the severe soreness that occurs after ejaculation. I became intrigued about this, but concerned as well: NSAIDs are in general UNSAFE drugs. They will lead to health complications with chronic use, and I was beginning to use them often. I was feeling upset, "How long can I do this before I pay the price?"

So when I found out about curcumin, and how new processes have concentrated the active ingredient, curcumin, I decided to buy some. Within a couple days I experimented with having an orgasm, and the sign that I had noticed before when I felt better showed up: my ejaculation was calmer and smoother! I did this at night, and when I woke in the morning, I had just as much relief than if I had taken a high dose of NSAIDs! This has gotten even a little bit better over the 2 months I've been taking this supplement.

The great thing is that this is SAFE. If you guys have known me from the beginning on these forums, I have tremendous trouble with taking supplements. I am oversensitive to SO many things, but I am glad to say that there have been no side effects from taking curcumin that I have noticed. The research isn't seeing any either. So it is MUCH safer than NSAIDS. And on top of that, curcumin is highly antioxidative, meaning it is a cancer-fighter. It is being studied now as a treatment for various different cancers. Actually it does even more. It is hard to list all the benefits that a truly effective anti inflammatory will have, but it is safe to say it is quite enormous. I am VERY pleased to say that because of the daily use of this supplement, my athletic performance has improved greatly! I have always felt like I have had a "handbrake" on my body, like I was trying so hard to do more but POIS wasn't letting me. Now when I go cycling, I have been beating my previous best times almost every time I go out. This is really validating, as I've put lots of work in but lagged behind my cycling buddies despite training twice as hard as them.

There's more that I could write, but I'm going to leave some resources here so that you who are interested can learn more:

10 Things to Know about Turmeric/Curcumin

Another high quality curamin supplement. I have just started using this less expensive turmeric product, and what I hear from my coworkers and the feed back they've heard from customers, it works quite well too. The few days I've been on it I feel like it works just as well. I would recommend buying this for the price!

A NOTE ON TUMERIC SUPPLEMENTS: you MUST take a supplement that has concentrated curcumin in it, not just ingesting the raw root or taking a product without a highly potent concentration!!! There is only a small amount of curcumin per gram of tumeric, so companies must extract and concentrate the tumeric. It seems like it has only been a short while that this extraction has been going on, so that's why it hasn't caught on yet like many think it will.

So, just to make it clear, I am feeling better on every symptom that POIS causes! The only thing that I'm not really experiencing clear improvement on is my brain function. I seem to be less foggy, but I don't seem to be able to have higher quality of thinking. That's ok for me right now, I feel less pain and am happier.

So, go get some and take it daily! I take 1 pill daily, 2 if I feel like it, but one seems to be doing well. I have also taken some ~30 minutes before ejaculation and found it helps even more. Indians have been enjoying tumeric for thousands of years, let me know how you enjoy it too!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:39:29 AM by Nightingale »
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Prancer

Re: Feeling better because of turmeric/curcumin!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:45:12 PM »
Congrats on feeling better Nightingale. There are many poisers who seem to be getting pretty good relief from taking various anti-inflammatories. For me, I experience no physical pain, just heavy brain fog & some fatigue, so this might not be the best thing for me to try. But maybe this would be really helpful for people like Vincent (who experiences major physical pain and very little brain fog) to try out. I might still give it a shot to see what it does. It can't hurt, and is probably good to take anyway for its potential health benefits you mentioned. Thanks for sharing and let us know if it continues to help you!

b_jim

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »
Very good topic. I agree with lots of things here. In my case, there is still this "Pois-fever" which could be sign of inflammation. Then curcumin still a good weapon to keep in mind.

There is another side of curcumin potential activiy : tumeric is a natural anti-depressant (some study show it's as effective as fluoxetine).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:32:12 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Nightingale

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »
Congrats on feeling better Nightingale. There are many poisers who seem to be getting pretty good relief from taking various anti-inflammatories. For me, I experience no physical pain, just heavy brain fog & some fatigue, so this might not be the best thing for me to try. But maybe this would be really helpful for people like Vincent (who experiences major physical pain and very little brain fog) to try out. I might still give it a shot to see what it does. It can't hurt, and is probably good to take anyway for its potential health benefits you mentioned. Thanks for sharing and let us know if it continues to help you!

Did I make it look like I was talking simply about pain? I hope not, because that's not my main symptom by a long shot! Curcumin reduced the severity of my symptoms across the board after ejaculation, especially cognitive! I was surprised when I found that NSAIDs did this too, and again the thing that feels different is that my ejaculation is far less convulsive, or intensely experienced across my body. This was true with a proper niacin flush as well. This is what curcumin acheived for me too, so I believe its benefits go beyond pain for POIS.

I do hope you try it! It has really helped and I believe it could replace the "niacin solution" as the best method to counter POIS at the moment! No need to fast, absorption seems to be quick. I've been taking it daily, but I've also taken extra 30 minutes before ejaculation and experienced even a bit more relief!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Prancer

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »
The only thing that I'm not really experiencing clear improvement on is my brain function. I seem to be less foggy, but I don't seem to be able to have higher quality of thinking. That's ok for me right now, I feel less pain and am happier.

I was under the impression, just based on what you wrote, that it mainly helped you out with your physical symptoms. I probably misunderstood something. Either way though, I'll probably give it a try and see how it goes. It seems like good stuff.

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 07:47:23 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been waiting a while before posting about this, because I really wanted to avoid unnecessary excitement and disappointment. So many treatments have been proposed, yet so many don't work for many of us. But I am writing today about a definite success, and I want you all to know about it so that you can see if you can enjoy the relief of symptoms I have experienced!

There is a root that is common especially in Indian (Asian Indian, not American Indian) cuisine. It is called tumeric, and it produces a bright orange color. You can notice this in their cuisine, full of bright orange curries. Inside of tumeric is one of, if not the most potent natural anti inflammatories in the world, curcumin. It has been studied quite a bit, and it has gained a lot of attention for its successes. Its impact on inflammation, and thus pain, is driving a lot of people to buy products containing curcumin. I know, I began working at a natural supplements store 4 months ago and we have many people buying tumeric/curcumin products.

I decided to give one product a try, Terry Naturally Curamed. I have been on this for almost three months, and the results are very good and obvious. First and most important, it is reducing my POIS symptoms directly after ejaculation. I unfortunately have not been able to get a niacin flush for over a year, for unknown reasons. Most likely my chronic use of psychiatric medications has my liver under heavy load, and I don't believe I am utilizing niacin like I used to. I found an alternative, though: if I took high doses of NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen) I had very similar if not better results than with niacin. I got this idea from other users who said that medications like Celebrex (another strong NSAID) gave them relief.

What do I experience? A more calm and smooth ejaculation, in contrast to the spasmodic experience I've been used to with POIS. I noticed this as well when I achieved a good niacin flush or took high enough amounts of NSAIDS, my semen would be ejaculated with much less force than without treatment. With a strong orgasm, I would ejaculate large distances if I didn't block the stream, often 4-6 feet! I'd also feel like I'd just had a convulsion, and my muscles would loose tone and relax way too much to do anything for a while. The added benefit of NSAIDs was that it helped my muscles overcome the severe soreness that occurs after ejaculation. I became intrigued about this, but concerned as well: NSAIDs are in general UNSAFE drugs. They will lead to health complications with chronic use, and I was beginning to use them often. I was feeling upset, "How long can I do this before I pay the price?"

So when I found out about curcumin, and how new processes have concentrated the active ingredient, curcumin, I decided to buy some. Within a couple days I experimented with having an orgasm, and the sign that I had noticed before when I felt better showed up: my ejaculation was calmer and smoother! I did this at night, and when I woke in the morning, I had just as much relief than if I had taken a high dose of NSAIDs! This has gotten even a little bit better over the 2 months I've been taking this supplement.

The great thing is that this is SAFE. If you guys have known me from the beginning on these forums, I have tremendous trouble with taking supplements. I am oversensitive to SO many things, but I am glad to say that there have been no side effects from taking curcumin that I have noticed. The research isn't seeing any either. So it is MUCH safer than NSAIDS. And on top of that, curcumin is highly antioxidative, meaning it is a cancer-fighter. It is being studied now as a treatment for various different cancers. Actually it does even more. It is hard to list all the benefits that a truly effective anti inflammatory will have, but it is safe to say it is quite enormous. I am VERY pleased to say that because of the daily use of this supplement, my athletic performance has improved greatly! I have always felt like I have had a "handbrake" on my body, like I was trying so hard to do more but POIS wasn't letting me. Now when I go cycling, I have been beating my previous best times almost every time I go out. This is really validating, as I've put lots of work in but lagged behind my cycling buddies despite training twice as hard as them.

There's more that I could write, but I'm going to leave some resources here so that you who are interested can learn more:

10 Things to Know about Turmeric/Curcumin

Another high quality curamin supplement. I have just started using this less expensive turmeric product, and what I hear from my coworkers and the feed back they've heard from customers, it works quite well too. The few days I've been on it I feel like it works just as well. I would recommend buying this for the price!

A NOTE ON TUMERIC SUPPLEMENTS: you MUST take a supplement that has concentrated curcumin in it, not just ingesting the raw root or taking a product without a highly potent concentration!!! There is only a small amount of curcumin per gram of tumeric, so companies must extract and concentrate the tumeric. It seems like it has only been a short while that this extraction has been going on, so that's why it hasn't caught on yet like many think it will.

So, just to make it clear, I am feeling better on every symptom that POIS causes! The only thing that I'm not really experiencing clear improvement on is my brain function. I seem to be less foggy, but I don't seem to be able to have higher quality of thinking. That's ok for me right now, I feel less pain and am happier.

So, go get some and take it daily! I take 1 pill daily, 2 if I feel like it, but one seems to be doing well. I have also taken some ~30 minutes before ejaculation and found it helps even more. Indians have been enjoying tumeric for thousands of years, let me know how you enjoy it too!!!

HI i am very exceited to use it , how much and what time , should i take it in powder form , pls guide , thankyou
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

sameer7777

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 07:49:16 AM »
Very good topic. I agree with lots of things here. In my case, there is still this "Pois-fever" which could be sign of inflammation. Then curcumin still a good weapon to keep in mind.

There is another side of curcumin potential activiy : tumeric is a natural anti-depressant (some study show it's as effective as fluoxetine).

oh my i hope it works how to take ????
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

b_jim

Taurine = Anti-Pois

sameer7777

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
Is it in powder form pls guide
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

Nightingale

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
HI i am very exceited to use it , how much and what time , should i take it in powder form , pls guide , thankyou

Hi Sameer,

I explained in my post what to do, let me say again. The active ingredient in tumeric is curcumin. You must find a pill to take that contains CONCENTRATED curcumin. I put links to good products in my original post, please look at them.

New Chapter Tumeric Force (I think the best choice)

or

Terry Natrually Curamin (I think Terry Naturally CURAMED is the safer one)

Any other questions?

b_jim

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »
It's surprising curcumin is anti-depressant AND anti-inflammatory. In fact, inflammation is linked to depression because pro-infllammatory cytokines destroy serotonin levels.

I had a strange experience with alcohol last days. I never drink alcohol (except few red wine). I drank a normal glass of beer (a strong one). I wasn't drunk but strangely ... i was clearly depressed some hours later.
Impossible to sleep with negative tought, intolerence to heat, not energy, low focus and difficult to find words. Some symptoms were common with Pois, without the "Pois fever" and muscular pain.
Today, I feel depressed. I spend some days with high stress and today my serotonin is low.

So, I'm not surprised some guys have good results with 5HTP and then Curcumin.
Sperm is rich in serotonin family, enough to cause an anti-depressant effect for women, explaining the post-coital tristresse.

1g of curcumin is a good anti-depressant :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23832433

This study provides first clinical evidence that curcumin may be used as an effective and safe modality for treatment in patients with MDD
1000mg, safe.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:48:13 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

sameer7777

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »
In our kitchen it's there always Indian kitchen I mean it's in powder form now how can I take it
Any way should I take one teaspoon or what pls guide thanks
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

Nightingale

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 09:52:57 AM »
In our kitchen it's there always Indian kitchen I mean it's in powder form now how can I take it
Any way should I take one teaspoon or what pls guide thanks

No Sameer, don't do that. If you want to benefit from this, you must buy a pill. You cant get benefits from eating tumeric powder, it's not concentrated

Chris

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 05:43:15 AM »
I had a strange experience with alcohol last days. I never drink alcohol (except few red wine). I drank a normal glass of beer (a strong one). I wasn't drunk but strangely ... i was clearly depressed some hours later.
Impossible to sleep with negative tought, intolerence to heat, not energy, low focus and difficult to find words. Some symptoms were common with Pois, without the "Pois fever" and muscular pain.
Today, I feel depressed. I spend some days with high stress and today my serotonin is low.

I had a similar reaction after drinking beer, causing me all this unpleasant feelings but with spirits like vodka, tequila etc. that have more alcohol concentraded i feel very fine during & after drinking. I try to avoid beer as much as i can, it's not suited for me, i need something that will make me more energetic if you know what i mean.

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »
Hey friends,

I just had an experiment with curcuma. We don't have pills in my country so I tried its powder I found in the kitchen.
Just took one small spoon direct after orgasm one small spoon the day after.

It seems that it reduced symptoms by 50℅ to 60 ℅. This implies that POIS cause some kind of inflammation that's why curcuma and NSAID helped some of us. For me NSAIDs didn't help.

I will try to get curcumin pills via the internet and see if these can help more.

I recommend that all of us should start this test as to either proof or just to start thinking in something else.

What is really good about curcuma that it is safe and doesn't have side effects.

All the best.
Jimmy.

poison

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 01:49:58 AM »
Interesting. I have a 1/2 container of Curamin in my vitamin cupboard, I'll give it a try for POIS. I bought it to help with my fibromyalgia-type pain, for which it helped around reduce the pain 30%.

I'm working on another supplement-based treatment which seems to also be helping me the past 2 weeks. Curamin might be a useful addition to what I'm currently taking. Thanks Nightingale.

poison

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 10:00:28 AM »
I took a curamin capsule 6h ago, unfortunately my POIS continued worsening during those 6h :(

This is Day 1 after O.

b_jim

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 12:52:04 PM »
Probably too late to be effective :)
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Nightingale

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »
I took a curamin capsule 6h ago, unfortunately my POIS continued worsening during those 6h :(

This is Day 1 after O.

Take it before. I've had much better results taking it 2x a day, and on days I orgasm I take 1 extra 30 minutes before O.

mellivora

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »
Thanks Nightingale,
You have me sitting up and taking notice. In fact I have a bottle of this and took my first today:
http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/turmeric-tablets-10000mg-p135/?src=gotume

I?ve read that absorption/bioavailability of ingested turmeric isn?t very inefficient, its good to know you are noticing effects though. I am trialling it.

Because my POIS started after I had radio-iodine treatment for an overactive thyroid that went under active I sometimes google remedies people are finding effective to see if there are any connections to the thyroid. With Turmeric there is and I?m still looking into it. this link is interesting though doesn?t cite any scientific papers:
http://carolinasthyroidinstitute.com/combined-resveratrol-and-curcumin-for-hashimotos-hypothyroidism/

This paper shows suppression of the immune system by turmeric:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1810449/#__sec25title

Using turmeric together with resveratrol might be something worth exploring.

Please keep us posted on your progress Nightingale and anyone else trying Turmeric extract. I?m in the very early stages of looking into this but thought I?d make this quick post for now.

B_Jim I?m also interested in your Taurine experiment and intend to post about that soon?