Author Topic: Warrior's Journal (My POIS Solution, Experiments, & Theories)  (Read 34088 times)

Warrior

Re: Warrior's Journal (My POIS Solution, Experiments, & Theories)
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2024, 12:32:34 AM »
Hi Warrior, are you also taking the nanna1 prepack? I mean the one with caffeine, citrulline, theanine, tyrosine. Thank you for your insights.

Nah, I don't take it. Tbh I kind of forgot about this part of the ICT. When I've taken it in the past, I noticed zero effects, apart from caffeine slightly delaying the POIS reaction maybe?

I don't really like having pre-packs as it kind of ruins the spontaneity. But it would def still be ideal to abide by this if you can make it work, seeing as this is what is included in what Nanna1 did and it seems to have worked for him in terms of curing.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2024, 04:13:22 PM »
Hi Warrior!

I was wondering if you have ever tried methionine in comparison to SAM-e. The reason I ask this is that I did a one day experiment with L-methionine (2x500mg) a few days ago and even had an O around noon. Surprisingly though POIS was unexpectedly light throughout the day. Of course I took a lot of other supplements too, but I believe methionine must have played a role as well. One of the many supplements was boron, which may have a synergistic effect with methionine in SAM-e production. I also must say that this first time experience was actually way better than with SAM-e, which is a lot more expensive though. Later I am going to test it more to see if it remains useful. In the past others have also found methionine to be useful, but I could only find one comparison in regard of their efficacy.

What I noticed from the NADH & SAMe combination is more energy and less allergies. Less scratching, itching and general signs of inflammation such as hives. I got similar results from L-methionine but it worked best when I felt energetic whereas SAMe seems to put me back on track even if I'm tired from working/exercising/whatever.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Warrior

« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2024, 05:31:22 AM »
Hi Warrior!

I was wondering if you have ever tried methionine in comparison to SAM-e. The reason I ask this is that I did a one day experiment with L-methionine (2x500mg) a few days ago and even had an O around noon. Surprisingly though POIS was unexpectedly light throughout the day. Of course I took a lot of other supplements too, but I believe methionine must have played a role as well. One of the many supplements was boron, which may have a synergistic effect with methionine in SAM-e production. I also must say that this first time experience was actually way better than with SAM-e, which is a lot more expensive though. Later I am going to test it more to see if it remains useful. In the past others have also found methionine to be useful, but I could only find one comparison in regard of their efficacy.

What I noticed from the NADH & SAMe combination is more energy and less allergies. Less scratching, itching and general signs of inflammation such as hives. I got similar results from L-methionine but it worked best when I felt energetic whereas SAMe seems to put me back on track even if I'm tired from working/exercising/whatever.

Hey man! Thanks for sharing this.

I'm not surprised AT ALL that you've had success with L-methionine. I haven't tried methionine but I am familiar with reading up on it regarding methyl donors. It's interesting how SAM-e didn't work as well for you, but L-methionine worked better. Methylation is so complicated, no one really understands at this point exactly how it all works. The best thing we can all do is experiment (safely) with all methyl donors and see how each one feels for you.

Methionine is actually an 'essential amino acid that serves as a precursor to SAM'. How much meat/protein do you eat? Perhaps if you eat a low meat / low protein diet, you are low on methionine, which would make sense why you've responded positively to it.

Here's a list of methyl donors which, according to the theory of methylation nutrients improving POIS symptoms, these all have the potential of having a positive effect in improving POIS symptoms:

Apart from the main ones - choline, betaine, folic acid, methionine, and vitamins B6 and B12

Here's some extras - carnitine, melatonin, quercetin

This website refers to these as 'methylation adaptogens' which include curcumin, betanin, anthocyanins, quercetin, rosmarinic acid, lycopene, and sulforaphane.

I'm sure theres many more out there!

Minerals are also super important for methylation. So, not surprised if boron is helping - it obviously may also be helping in other ways.

Warrior

« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2024, 01:53:56 AM »
I've taken Shilajit (mineral complex) for a few weeks, but about a week or so decided to give it a break as I felt like it was making me feel worse after taking it (very similar to too much SAM-e - anhedonia / body aches). Keep in mind tho that I was taking larger dosages than is probably recommended.

Today took it again (as a smaller dosage) and felt much better after taking it.

I think the key to Shilajit at least for me, is balance. Not to take too much and keep it to evenings/nights in case there is some negative reaction. I can say for sure though that it has had a beneficial impact on improving my sensitivities, and when I went without, I think I was slowly feeling the negative effects of not having it.

I recommend other POISers give it a go! Finding reputable brands/sources is difficult when it comes to Shilajit tho.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 01:56:11 AM by Warrior »

Warrior

« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2024, 07:55:30 PM »
I am now working towards balancing my diet. I still prefer to eat non animal-based foods in the evening incase I do get symptoms, but since my recent addition of Shilajit (and when I went a few days without it), it is clear to me that my body is deficienct in certain key minerals that is bottlenecking the methylation and immune functions which keep my POIS condition at bay. I feel much better and can tolerate non animal based foods far better with Shilajit!

Fixing nutrient deficiencies (methyl nutrients like B vitamins, choline, SAM-e, or immune nutrients like D3, magnesium, zinc, or general nutrients like minerals, etc) have been #1 for giving my life back. It's taken me a few years to realise this, but everything that I've had long-term sustained success with has been with replenishing nutrient deficiencies: red meat, eggs, SAM-e, B complex, magnesium, D3, etc...

I'm still on this immune stack but tbh I don't know if it's going to work. I am going to stay on it for a while just to give it the best shot I can, but ultimately replenishing nutrients has been by far been the biggest bang for my buck. I share this to help others. I really think your POIS will improve by taking on that mindset of exploring what nutrients your body is missing that is making the POIS inflammation far worse than it would be if it had everything it needs. And not just having a nutrient in "range", but at an optimal level. For example, on my bloods, my magnesium was technically in range, but on the low end. When I take magnesium, I feel better! A sign that my body probably needs much more.

I also think a great long-term strategy that's worked for my food sensitivities is focusing on the foods that 1) are the most nutrient dense but also 2) you have the last reaction to... for me this is red meat, eggs, greek yoghurt, mussels, sardines, and Shilajit. Now my health has improved so much, I am getting to the level where I can more comfortably eat non animal based foods that I would typically react to. I'm now trying to eat much more vegetables, plants, dark leafy greens, nuts, etc in the evening to make up for any nutrient deficiencies on my animal-based diet. So it's been a step by step process.

I think everyone here would benefit tremendously from getting the most comprehensive nutritional testing possible. From there you can then supplement any nutrients you are deficient in or at the low end, accordingly. That way you won't be buying a bunch of useless supplements. I also think each one of us will have unique deficiencies, that create unique bottlenecks. Thus for one person, zinc might be paramount in their "POIS stack" but for another, completely pointless: purely because that first person has a zinc deficiency, of course, that will improve their immune function in response to POIS and subsequently improve symptoms... The ultimate solution (at least when it comes to minerals, vitamins, methyl nutrients, etc for POIS) is to get ALL of them in optimal range.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 07:58:43 PM by Warrior »

Warrior

« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2024, 10:52:05 PM »
Claude AI is the most intelligent AI yet. I am going to use it to undergo a comprehensive and detailed investigation into my condition.

Warrior

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2024, 02:29:07 AM »
I've been experimenting a lot lately with Shilajit. It has definitely had significant improvements on my physical energy, body aches, and mental clarity. However I began noticing it was tinting my mood negatively so I decided to drop it for a period of time.

After putting some dots together, I began supplementing vitamin C and this has had a big improvement on my mood. In the past I've taken it with no difference. I only discovered this after realising how good I felt after having some orange juice, and then I was able to re-create the positive effect by taking vitamin C more directly.

It seems like vitamin C is neutralising the negative effects on my mood that it appears Shilajit is causing. Perhaps the Shilajit is stimulating detoxification, or the immune stack I've been on has been depleting my vitamin C more regularly, or there is crap in the Shilajit that needs detoxing via vitamin C. Regardless, I am going to continue testing Shilajit + Vitamin C combo.

Based off these recent experiments, vitamin C will be a new permanent addition to my main supplement stack as I have seen a very direct experience of improvement and the fact that it's water soluble. I still need to test Shilajit longer-term, but so far I have definitely observed improvements in physical strength, energy, libido, and mental. If the vitamin C can neutralise any negatve mental effects from the Shilajit, then I will take the Shilajit long-term as well.

SchizoPIOS

« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2024, 03:39:54 AM »
Hi Warrior, I made a post about my experience with POIS, I really relate to your experience especially your 6 year journey video, please have a read, btw Im in a very unstable state right now, I think you now what I mean, so apologies if it doesn't make too much sense and theres also a lot more things that are on my mind that I did not talk about.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4517.0

Thanks

Warrior

« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2024, 04:32:50 AM »
Hi Warrior, I made a post about my experience with POIS, I really relate to your experience especially your 6 year journey video, please have a read, btw Im in a very unstable state right now, I think you now what I mean, so apologies if it doesn't make too much sense and theres also a lot more things that are on my mind that I did not talk about.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4517.0

Thanks
Hey mate all good! I know what it's like to feel really unstable. I hope you find things that work for you soon! You have so much to explore and test from this website alone!

SchizoPIOS

« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2024, 02:26:11 PM »
Hey mate, if you have discord please add me, my username is zehuntar

Would love to have a chat with you!

Warrior

« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2024, 01:34:34 AM »

Hey bro these days I prefer to keep my communication about POIS strictly to this forum. Feel free to PM me here if you want a private chat but if they're generic questions also feel free to keep engaging here for the public to see. Might help other people.

SchizoPIOS

« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2024, 06:35:49 AM »

Hey bro these days I prefer to keep my communication about POIS strictly to this forum. Feel free to PM me here if you want a private chat but if they're generic questions also feel free to keep engaging here for the public to see. Might help other people.

Cool gotcha,
well I've been doing animal-based since yesterday, tbh its been 6 weeks I've been telling everyone how I just want to lightup a BBQ and eat nothing but beef, so I've been doing that minus the BBQ, eating mostly beef and a bit of vegetables that I like, also had some cake to make sure I get enough sugar.
This morning, I woke up and went to the park and felt good, managed to do a short sprint and really it did not wore me out, idk but usually I dont even have the energy to run, I dont even chase after the bus anymore.
I have some high highs, but also I've had some lows, I feel sensitive to change, like If I go from a dark room to bright place, or cold outside to warm house, it feels like its impacting me more than before.
My hearing was very crisp, my eyesight was better (not always) liek it felt like I had my glasses on when I had them off.
The most noteworthy thing was I had a bowel movement that came out on its own, ITS BEEN 25+ YEARS THAT I HAVENT HAD THAT, I had flashbacks of when I was learning on the potty and how natural it felt to take a shit, just not forcing it out. Like you said, im probably deficient as fuck in red meat nutrients or something. My bowel movement smelt different, it didn't have that pungeant/foul and 'yeasty' smell

I have a theory of why POIS happens, I need to keep researching and refine it a bit, and I will share it with you

Warrior

« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2024, 03:39:02 AM »
Vitamin C appears to have significantly improved:

- Fatigued throat following meals
- Strange eye symptoms

I stopped taking it for a while because I thought it was useless.

This is what I am referring to when I say strange eye symptoms:

I experience this as one of my symptoms of food sensitivity (and technically POIS)

Garlic & fenugreek seem to improve this to some degree, but I need to retest. Similar to 'eye pain', although it’s more like the eyes just don’t focus or relax normally upon 1 spot.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/17796-eye-pain. From the page: Eye pain can affect one or both eyes. You can have eye pain because of things like injuries, inflammation and infections.

Many of my food sensitivity symptoms are very infection-like: muscle weakness, throat fatigue, eye pain - hard to focus as OP says, etc.

It's an odd symptom. OP put it perfectly 'The only way I can describe it is that it's difficult to focus on one single spot.'

I did not experience this symptom on my animal-based protocol eating strict animal-based meals. Ever since I have been experimenting with methylation nutrients and eating more non animal-based foods did this symptom become more common. With that being said, since discovering methylation nutrients I haven't felt like I needed the raw garlic and fenugreek as much. I am going to take these more frequently and see if it fixes this symptom.

I also have this condition. My right eye tends to float outwards whenever I am tired and try to focus on something at close range. As in POIS mode my eyes are tired all the time this happens a lot more. Actually this symptom is called convergence insufficiency which is associated to inflammation and neurodegenerative diseases.

Convergence insufficiency (CI) is a common ocular motility disorder characterized by an insufficient amount of convergence required to achieve and maintain clear, binocular vision at near fixation.
Apart from idiopathic, CI is also associated with number of other diseases and conditions such as: myasthenia gravis, intoxications, infections, inflammations, neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson's disease, progressive supranuclear palsy and Huntington's chorea), Parinaud syndrome, head trauma and intracranial ischemia.
Although it can be asymptomatic, people suffering from this disorder of oculomotor mobility show symptoms such as: eye strain, blurred vision or horizontal diplopia, asthenopia, reduced concentration, difficulties in performing close-up activities, headaches (mostly after long hours of reading, in the frontal or periocular region), all this leads to reduced academic performance and impairment of the quality of life. The most often, the symptomatology is more pronounced during stress, illness, or lack of sleep.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_ylo=2020&q=convergence+insufficiency+S+Pandilov%2C+I+Isjanovski+-+Macedonian+Journal+of+Anaesthesia&btnG=

Convergence insufficiency is caused by complications coronating eye movements and muscles. Instead of the eyes coming together (converging) to focus on objects close by, one or both eyes point outward.
Because the brain controls all eye movement, damage to the brain is the leading cause of convergence insufficiency. However, the exact cause of this condition remains a mystery.
The working theory among researchers is that neurogenerative disease such as Parkinson’s disease, myasthenia gravis and Alzheimer’s disease in some way cause CI.

https://www.nvisioncenters.com/conditions/convergence-insufficiency/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 03:43:51 AM by Warrior »

Warrior

« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2024, 03:42:01 AM »

Cool gotcha,
well I've been doing animal-based since yesterday, tbh its been 6 weeks I've been telling everyone how I just want to lightup a BBQ and eat nothing but beef, so I've been doing that minus the BBQ, eating mostly beef and a bit of vegetables that I like, also had some cake to make sure I get enough sugar.
This morning, I woke up and went to the park and felt good, managed to do a short sprint and really it did not wore me out, idk but usually I dont even have the energy to run, I dont even chase after the bus anymore.
I have some high highs, but also I've had some lows, I feel sensitive to change, like If I go from a dark room to bright place, or cold outside to warm house, it feels like its impacting me more than before.
My hearing was very crisp, my eyesight was better (not always) liek it felt like I had my glasses on when I had them off.
The most noteworthy thing was I had a bowel movement that came out on its own, ITS BEEN 25+ YEARS THAT I HAVENT HAD THAT, I had flashbacks of when I was learning on the potty and how natural it felt to take a shit, just not forcing it out. Like you said, im probably deficient as fuck in red meat nutrients or something. My bowel movement smelt different, it didn't have that pungeant/foul and 'yeasty' smell

I have a theory of why POIS happens, I need to keep researching and refine it a bit, and I will share it with you

Good. Well keep listening to your body. That's a cardinal rule of improving ones health.

FireLordSL

« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2024, 03:03:59 PM »
Hi warrior,
Just curious to know these things. : :o
1.What is your progress with Nanna1's immuno therapy? Is it showing any improvement?
2.Do you still taking SAM e balanced dose? Or u stopped it because of doing Immuno therapy for 6 months?
3.What about current status of pois symptoms now? Does Nanna1s immuno  therapy resolve brain fog, speech problem and concentrating problems?
Did you had muscle weakening or wasting problem, fatigue? Is there any improvement?🙏

Warrior

« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2024, 03:17:57 AM »
Hi warrior,
Just curious to know these things. : :o
1.What is your progress with Nanna1's immuno therapy? Is it showing any improvement?
2.Do you still taking SAM e balanced dose? Or u stopped it because of doing Immuno therapy for 6 months?
3.What about current status of pois symptoms now? Does Nanna1s immuno  therapy resolve brain fog, speech problem and concentrating problems?
Did you had muscle weakening or wasting problem, fatigue? Is there any improvement?????

1) I've paused the immune stack for about a week or two. It honestly felt like I was taking too many supplements and I was mildly concerned about slightly elevated liver enzymes. I resumed the stack today (it's good to cyle it anyway for reasons Nanna1 spoke about but also to make sure no supplements are giving you side-effects) and will keep an eye on liver enzymes. I might drop monolaurin dosage to 1g/d, and change to a propolis tincture. I also might just take the immune stack once per day to keep it more simple. Taking it 3 times a day is a huge hassle.

Current immune stack:
--AHCC (Quality of Life) 1g
--Cordyceps (Oriveda) 900mg
--Monolaurin 1g
--Propolis (currently taking capsules but I've been told tinctures and/or Brazillian Bee propolis is better)
--Andrographis 200mg
--Beta-glucans 1g
--Vitamin C / Zinc
--MegaSpore probiotic
--MicrobiomeLabs IgG (not completely necessary imo, I'm just taking it as I bought it after recommended by my specialist and may as well finish it as it's pricey)

Principles:
--Cycle off and on intuitively, or 5 on and 5 off
--Titrate up dosages intuitively - Nanna1 spoke about slowly increasing dosages of vitamin C, AHCC, etc and observing immune response to certain symptoms, etc. Use common sense, but this to me sounds important as well, rather than staying on 1 dosage amount.

2) I no longer take any SAM-e. Every time I try to take it, it just feels like I either didn't need it or I feel worst. My theory is that my SAM-e levels are adequately replenished and my body is staying on top of producing SAM-e from sufficient B vitamins and other methyl nutrients. I hardly ever even feel like I need the B complex. So I'm also trying to take a break from that to bring down my B vitamin levels to a more natural amount. They were significantly elevated the last time I tested them (which isn't surprising at all given I was taking the B complex daily for a while.)

3) Current state of POIS symptoms as of 20/04/24:
- POIS continues to be a fairly non-existent problem for me.
- My issues solely have to do with food sensitivities.
- My food sensitivities have improved when I compare them to how they used to be ~1 year ago, but they're still severe enough to make me not want to eat other non-AB foods frequently. Symptoms include mental noise, cognitive impairment, generalised anxiety, and occaisional anhedonia
- Fatigue and muscle weakness is definitely an element of my original POIS/food sensitivity symptoms. These symptoms are taken care of when I abide by my animal-based diet.
- No longer appear to need raw garlic or fenugreek. It doesn't seem to do much to me these days, at least for the level with where my symptoms are at. This changed since my methylation was upgraded from SAM-e. I still get food sensitivity symptoms like I talk about, but I don't think the raw garlic and fenugreek are potent enough to help them. I spoke about in the past that for garlic & fenugreek to improve my symptoms, I had to be gluten-free, which speaks to their limited capacity.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 04:54:29 AM by Warrior »

Andre2505

« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2024, 07:17:15 AM »
Hi warrior, so you no longer have the symptoms after 0 if you eat according to your diet after correcting the methylation, basically what helped you was basically correcting the methylation. well I'm trying to do it, but I've been taking SAM-E for two weeks and it makes me feel worse, maybe I should try it longer? I also noticed anhedonia, for example, right after taking it. I recently purchased niacin 50 mg and glycine 500 mg per pill. If I try again, I'll try taking glycine (although I haven't figured out how much I need to take) and niacin every half hour, like you said. But it's likely that I have good methylation because if I take SAM-E I have negative symptoms. I also have higher than normal vitamin B12 and good choline and vitamin B9, so at most I'm more of a hypermethylator than a submethylator, however if I don't take sam-e, and therefore should have adequate methylation, I still have polka dot symptoms after ejaculation, it did not resolve them. Do you think I should test other nutrients for my methylation? My methylation is probably fine but to cure my disorder I need other things

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Warrior

« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2024, 01:00:56 AM »
Hi warrior, so you no longer have the symptoms after 0 if you eat according to your diet after correcting the methylation, basically what helped you was basically correcting the methylation. well I'm trying to do it, but I've been taking SAM-E for two weeks and it makes me feel worse, maybe I should try it longer? I also noticed anhedonia, for example, right after taking it. I recently purchased niacin 50 mg and glycine 500 mg per pill. If I try again, I'll try taking glycine (although I haven't figured out how much I need to take) and niacin every half hour, like you said. But it's likely that I have good methylation because if I take SAM-E I have negative symptoms. I also have higher than normal vitamin B12 and good choline and vitamin B9, so at most I'm more of a hypermethylator than a submethylator, however if I don't take sam-e, and therefore should have adequate methylation, I still have polka dot symptoms after ejaculation, it did not resolve them. Do you think I should test other nutrients for my methylation? My methylation is probably fine but to cure my disorder I need other things

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I have very little symptoms following ejaculation if I stick to my animal-based diet and protocol. I can still "feel" a difference in my state, but the difference is very negligble.

After 'topping up' my methylation with SAM-e, that difference is even more negligible.

These days, I will only really taste my classic POIS symptoms from eating non AB foods. But even then, they won't last anywhere near as long compared to my old POIS.

Sounds like you don't need SAM-e. If you don't feel good after it, don't push it. Clearly a sign your body is telling you not to take it.

It's interesting that you get polka dot symptoms following ejaculation, manifesting as POIS. I'm no doctor but again this sounds like an obvious manifestation of latent infection / immune problem, exactly what Nanna1 talks about. Nanna1 has a diagram somewhere on this, but basically the jist from my memory is that when POIS manifests, the unique symptoms each of us are experiences corresponds to the unique infections, bacteria, etc that we all have.

Warrior

« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2024, 04:16:52 AM »
B complex, SAM-e, raw garlic, and fenugreek

These appear to no longer really be necessary to take daily. Ever since I took SAM-e, it seems to have permanently topped up my methylation and subsequently fixed brainfog and other strange symptoms I used to repeatedly experience. I don't really understand how all of this works but all I know is that in my direct experience, these just don't seem to do much for me anymore.

I'm trying to cut down on the supplements I take daily and get back to a "natural" lifestyle as much as possible. I think if you take lots of supplements, frequent bloodwork is a must because ultimately you don't know how they're effecting your insides.

I am going to establish a list for old supplements that used to serve me but are generally no longer needed.

Vitamin C seems to have improved my throat fatigue and eye symptoms, although I still clearly get this wierd single eye throbbing symptom pop up. Might be from excess B vitamins or methylation nutrients. I don't know. This is also why I'm trying to get back to as natural as possible...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 04:30:40 AM by Warrior »

Andre2505

« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2024, 09:09:05 AM »
how to use glycine and niacin?, should I use both, like first take some glycine to stop the methylation and then take niacin every 1/2 hour to eliminate excess methyl groups?