Author Topic: Vitamin supplementation WORKS - start taking them!  (Read 161277 times)

haidcat

Re: Vitamin supplementation WORKS - start taking them!
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
Just thought I should mention, the past couple of days ive significantly upped my protein intake by taking whey protein elite series.
Ive also upped my dosage of vitamins making sure i get at least 150% percent of every vitamin and mineral listed on the back of typcial multivitamins. IT seems the combo of high protein plus vitamins/minerals really helps.

Also i take soy lecithin to get the 550mg requirement of choline per day. Choline is not found in signigicant amounts in multivitamins nor b complex vitamins.

Basically what ive been doing is: 1. high protein 2. high multivitamin/minerals 3. high choline.
Which is essentially the "Kurtosis cocktail" and its definitely reducing alot of brain fog.

I also make sure to take a good amount of sodium/potassium every day, it seems to help with the nerve transmission and muscles

Essentially, I think whats happening is this regimen is increasing dopamine levels through the high protein/minerals/vitamins and helping counteract norepinpehrine through higher levels of acetylcholine.

The good thing is that as long as ur increasing dopamine with phenylalanine/tyrosine and not L-dopa ur body has a regulation mechanism which will slow dopamine production the higher ur levels of catecholamines are. Meaning that the "Kurtosis Cocktail" has little chance of creating too much norepinephrine but a muchbetter chance of treating dopamine deficiency.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:05:56 PM by haidcat »

haidcat

« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »
I also wanted to mention, the whey protein definitely helps alot, but it makes me sick to my stomach, so im trying to figure out a way to get around that.

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »
Just thought I should mention, the past couple of days ive significantly upped my protein intake by taking whey protein elite series.
Ive also upped my dosage of vitamins making sure i get at least 150% percent of every vitamin and mineral listed on the back of typcial multivitamins. IT seems the combo of high protein plus vitamins/minerals really helps.

Also i take soy lecithin to get the 550mg requirement of choline per day. Choline is not found in signigicant amounts in multivitamins nor b complex vitamins.

Basically what ive been doing is: 1. high protein 2. high multivitamin/minerals 3. high choline.
Which is essentially the "Kurtosis cocktail" and its definitely reducing alot of brain fog.

I also make sure to take a good amount of sodium/potassium every day, it seems to help with the nerve transmission and muscles

Essentially, I think whats happening is this regimen is increasing dopamine levels through the high protein/minerals/vitamins and helping counteract norepinpehrine through higher levels of acetylcholine.

The good thing is that as long as ur increasing dopamine with phenylalanine/tyrosine and not L-dopa ur body has a regulation mechanism which will slow dopamine production the higher ur levels of catecholamines are. Meaning that the "Kurtosis Cocktail" has little chance of creating too much norepinephrine but a muchbetter chance of treating dopamine deficiency.

Except for the fact that the body is supposed to be able to regulate norepinephrine anyway but it doesn't seem our bodies are doing a good job of that when we have an O. I've managed to take too much protein. Theoretically, the arginocarn can work similar to NGF which will stimulate the synethsis of tyrosine hydroxylase. End result is that this will increase tyrosine to dopamine (via dopa) conversion. So I think it is possible to take too much.
The ginkgo sort of smooths everything out. Or at least that's my experience. It appears to seriously reduce the crash after an O and speed the recovery time.

haidcat

« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC65524/

Norepinephrine causes muscle pain, this could be another thing!

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
which ginko is good , well i am going to buy vitamin b6 tommorow from gnc store .... what mg should i take ........
i heard i should also try gensing Q of homeo meds ......??
but deffenitly i will be buying b6 tommorw ...... let see ......
one thing i should mention here .... i bout GNC big 100 of vitamin b , but i am shoked it makes me sick ..... as i was hoping alot .....
thanks every one
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

kurtosis

« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2012, 03:02:47 AM »
which ginko is good , well i am going to buy vitamin b6 tommorow from gnc store .... what mg should i take ........
one thing i should mention here .... i bout GNC big 100 of vitamin b , but i am shoked it makes me sick ..... as i was hoping alot .....
thanks every one

GNC ginkgo is fine. They do a 120mg per capsule version and I think it's a cheap price. As I've said before, I have no idea why a b vitamin complex is making you sick. Have you tried the Now b coenzyme complex?

kurtosis

« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2012, 03:05:09 AM »
I also wanted to mention, the whey protein definitely helps alot, but it makes me sick to my stomach, so im trying to figure out a way to get around that.

It doesn't make me sick to my stomach but it's fair to say that I haven't found a whey protein that I like the taste of. Particularly when I have to get very low lactose or ideally lactose free protein. :(

Gabin

« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:33 AM »
http://www.endmusclepain.com/ what do you think about it?

fidalgo

« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2012, 07:59:15 AM »
thanks every one

GNC ginkgo is fine. They do a 120mg per capsule version and I think it's a cheap price. As I've said before, I have no idea why a b vitamin complex is making you sick. Have you tried the Now b coenzyme complex?

B complex make me feel seek too...

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
I have been taking B-Complex with C, not too high a dosage though, maybe a third of the Now complex dosage, and 500 mg of Vit C.

If there have been any differences (outside of placebo), they would be:

Slight tendency to be more affected by stress, digestion gets unbalanced(short lived, a day and a half) with stressful situations,
A rash on my arms has recently emerged, red itchy spots, and perhaps drier skin all round, but that may be from before.
Seems like my erectile stamina is a little better.

I still take around 150 to 200 mg niacin pre-orgasm. Usually at night. Don't sleep too well, but from the next day on I'm POIS basically free.

So the stamina seems to be the main improvement, if it is even related to the B-Complex, and my after orgasm POIS is about the same, although maybe don't
sleep as well post orgasm.

Granted my B-Complex dosage is fairly low.

Any ginkgo?

I was thinking about it. But I take BP meds, don't know if I should take ginkgo or not?

All in all, the only real symptoms that remain are itchy eyes and inflamed joints. And the complicated sleep seems to be more related to higher B-Complex intake.

I sleep poorly for about 3 days after "O", each day lighter than the last.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

poisioq

« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2012, 11:56:56 AM »
how many time per day should we take b-complex?

kurtosis

« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2012, 12:43:56 PM »
how many time per day should we take b-complex?

I only take it once. As for how you get protein, well I'm taking whey.

kurtosis

« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
I have been taking B-Complex with C, not too high a dosage though, maybe a third of the Now complex dosage, and 500 mg of Vit C.

If there have been any differences (outside of placebo), they would be:

Slight tendency to be more affected by stress, digestion gets unbalanced(short lived, a day and a half) with stressful situations,
A rash on my arms has recently emerged, red itchy spots, and perhaps drier skin all round, but that may be from before.
Seems like my erectile stamina is a little better.

I still take around 150 to 200 mg niacin pre-orgasm. Usually at night. Don't sleep too well, but from the next day on I'm POIS basically free.

So the stamina seems to be the main improvement, if it is even related to the B-Complex, and my after orgasm POIS is about the same, although maybe don't
sleep as well post orgasm.

Granted my B-Complex dosage is fairly low.

Any ginkgo?

I was thinking about it. But I take BP meds, don't know if I should take ginkgo or not?

All in all, the only real symptoms that remain are itchy eyes and inflamed joints. And the complicated sleep seems to be more related to higher B-Complex intake.

I sleep poorly for about 3 days after "O", each day lighter than the last.

Yeah, that's a tricky one. You'll need to discuss it with your doctor. The BP medication is probably to lower your blood pressure and ginkgo will also do that so the 2 could interact and lower your blood pressure too much. Perhaps there's some way for your doctor to slightly reduce your BP meds. I don't know, you'll definitely have to discuss it with them.
Varying the dosage of a BP med is not something to take lightly of course.

sameer7777

« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2012, 04:24:42 AM »
Nice info thanks every one
Only Gnc b comMplex making me sick
Yes stamina makes too much diff
I am still looking for complete change in diet I should take more sea food
It lowers symptoms
2nd day now flue symptoms all over me
Thankyou all
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

B_Daniel

« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »
There are only a select few brands that make the B Complex CoEnzyme: NOW, Solgar, and Country Life.  So if you're taking any other brand, 99% chance it's not the coEnzyme version.  Also, just bc you're taking one of the 3 brands shown above, doesn't necessarily mean it's the coenzyme version either.  I read a bunch of Amazon reviews about B Vitamin CoEnzyme, and a LOT of ppl said that the regular B Vitamins made them feel sick, but the CoEnzyme version doesn't.  I submit that if you're feeling sick, you're not taking the right kind.

On another note, I'd like to add that i think Ginkgo is a very important part of Kurtosis' treatment.  I stopped taking ginkgo for a few days and started to feel much worse.  I've gotten back on it and feel better again.  2 Ginkgo's a day is important.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2012, 12:02:50 AM »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

sameer7777

« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2012, 02:50:58 AM »
thanks for your reply ....
i bought yesterday 50 mg of B6 tablets from another company not GNC .... lets see
how to know co enzyme???

somebody told me to take royal jelly + ginko .....?? now i am again confused ......
lets see i might look for it  too ....
thanks alot
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

kurtosis

« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2012, 04:55:37 AM »
thanks for your reply ....
i bought yesterday 50 mg of B6 tablets from another company not GNC .... lets see
how to know co enzyme???

somebody told me to take royal jelly + ginko .....?? now i am again confused ......
lets see i might look for it  too ....
thanks alot

I tried royal jelly ages ago and it didn't have much effect for me. If you could add just one more supplement besides ginkgo to the b coenzymes then I'd add acetyl l-carnitine arginate.

I've also tried St. John's Wort now and it seems to have a good effect. I think this may have something to do with an inhibitory effect on the conversion of dopamine to norenpinephrine but I'm not sure. I feel a lot more even after an O when I take it.  A good way to test this would be for someone to discuss this with their doctor and try clonidine which should have a similar effect. If this dramatically reduces POIS symptoms then it would strengthen the hypothesis that myself and haidcat have been talking about. 

Certainly whenever I've been prescribed something that's designed to specifically raise norepinephrine (like others I was prescribed some ADHD medication a while back) it made me feel manic, brain fogged and completely unable to function. It was like a more extreme form of POIS but with extra energy.

I spoke with my doctor about anti-depressants and they said that medical science is still not 100% sure how they work. They may lead to structural changes in the brain (mostly beneficial) but that it was nearly certain that any effect from neurogenesis (currently understood to be encouraging new brain cells to grow in the hippocampus) would take several weeks to show. Ginkgo, acetyl l-carnitine arginate and st. john's wort all appear to stimulate neurogenesis. The 2 herbs and the ALCAR-arginate may be complimentary in how they work. Any benefit you're getting in the relief of stress would take several weeks to show.

If someone says they have constant POIS and their symptoms resemble that of both an anxiety disorder and depression then it seems really really unlikely that any treatment would work overnight. You may feel better but stress & anxiety causes changes in your brain that take a while to recover from. This is why doctor's tell patients to stick with a regime for 4-6 weeks unless it's making them feel sick.

So even if POIS is a problem caused by imbalances in the dopamine to norepinephrine ratio (big IF) and even if we have a viable long term treatment (again it's a big IF) nobody could expect to get better overnight.

kurtosis

« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2012, 05:01:22 AM »
There are only a select few brands that make the B Complex CoEnzyme: NOW, Solgar, and Country Life.  So if you're taking any other brand, 99% chance it's not the coEnzyme version.  Also, just bc you're taking one of the 3 brands shown above, doesn't necessarily mean it's the coenzyme version either.  I read a bunch of Amazon reviews about B Vitamin CoEnzyme, and a LOT of ppl said that the regular B Vitamins made them feel sick, but the CoEnzyme version doesn't.  I submit that if you're feeling sick, you're not taking the right kind.

On another note, I'd like to add that i think Ginkgo is a very important part of Kurtosis' treatment.  I stopped taking ginkgo for a few days and started to feel much worse.  I've gotten back on it and feel better again.  2 Ginkgo's a day is important.

That's 240mg. I don't take that every day but if I've had an O I'll take another 120 and I'll take 240mg the next day. I suppose if I had more O's I'd be taking 240mg a day :)

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2012, 06:09:56 AM »
Kurtosis, what do you think about this article? From steadyhealth.com:

So, what about effects of over-masturbation?

Sperm contains DNA, which is carrier of the heredity genetic code, and RNA which contains enzymes, proteins, glucosides, lecithin, calcium, phosphorus, biological salts, testosterone, etc. However, the sperm is by far not the only substance in our body that contains DNA and RNA. When ejaculation is carried out, a very small percentage of this components (enzymes, proteins, glucosides, lecithin, calcium, phosphorus, biological salts, testosterone) are eliminated from the body. For example, when extracting calcium from the body one could cause him/ herself fatigue and pain in the bones. But we all know calcium (and all other components) are easily substituted with food. Actually, it is normal to extract 'old' components and replace them with new ones.

Over-masturbation, or more accurately said over-ejaculation stimulates parasympathetic nervous functions, which results in the over production of sex hormones: acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. Abnormally high levels of sex hormones cause brain and adrenal glands to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion. In other words: there is a big change of body chemistry when man or woman practices over-masturbation.

Hmm... is something wrong with body chemistry? Well, actually not- if there is balance. But if there is no balance, some other symptoms might occur. We are still talking about over-masturbation, not just masturbation!    

Another source points out that people who over-masturbate could experience problems with concentration and memory, which is supposedly a clear sign of “being over drained of acetylcholine”. According to some sources
over-masturbating can also drain the motor nerves, neuro-muscular endings, and tissues of acetylcholine and replace it with too much stress adrenalin which is where absentmindedness, memory loss, lack of concentration, and eye floaters come from.    
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:12:45 AM by Starsky »