Author Topic: Post-orgasmic illness syndrome with positive intradermal test for autologous sem  (Read 1312 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Post-orgasmic illness syndrome with positive intradermal test for autologous semen

Paper specific discussion thread.

After starting infertility treatment and increasing the frequency of intercourse with his wife, the patient noticed these symptoms after ejaculation

Infertility treatment = ?
I will contact the author.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Seems the author doesn’t respond. I’ve read the paper anyway thanks to the NORD researchers. No description of the infertility treatment can be found, how is this not relevant?

The symptoms of fatigue, malaise, depression, and joint and muscle pain started a few hours to 12 h after ejaculation and ceased after 24h. The malaise persisted for 1 week. Based on these episodes and symptoms, POIS was suspected, and treatment with an antihistamine (Epinastine 20mg/day) was initiated, which improved the patient’s fatigue and malaise after ejaculation.

It’s a mast cell stabilizer in addition to being an antihistamine.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 05:13:23 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/understanding-infertility-treatment

What Are the Treatments for Infertility?

In men, fertility is treated with:

Surgery, if the cause is a varicocele (widening of the veins in the scrotum) or a blockage in the vas deferens, tubes that carry sperm.

Antibiotics to treat infections in the reproductive organs.

Medications and counseling to treat problems with erections or ejaculation.

Hormone treatments if the problem is a low or high level of certain hormones.

In women, infertility is treated with:

Fertility drugs and hormones to help the woman ovulate or restore levels of hormones

Surgery to remove tissue that is blocking fertility (such as endometriosis) or to open blocked fallopian tubes

ToTheVoid

I have varicocele. Could it be a root cause of POIS?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
I have varicocele. Could it be a root cause of POIS?

It is on my list of POIS theories. No research has been done on this so no conclusions can be drawn. Some case reports mention varicoceles in their patient. We have a poll: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3375.0