Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 1002172 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1500 on: November 18, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »
Thanks, FB!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

vetrofragile79

« Reply #1501 on: November 19, 2014, 04:50:32 AM »
thank you demo.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1502 on: November 20, 2014, 05:50:32 PM »

Date: November 17, 2014 at 1:32:57 PM PST

To: "Dr. Barry Komisaruk" <brk@psychology.rutgers.edu>

Cc: Stef, Daveman

Subject: Dr K...Can u help briefly clarify?

Quote from: vetro79 on Today at 01:12:55 AM

"I joined the forum for so long , I live in Italy dr K how I can help from here? I tried to contact him via email but got no response, so show here my request : During the last 10 years I have performed numerous tests including an MRI , complete blood tests , and more.
It may be helpful to study dr K?
thanks"

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:53:26 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1503 on: November 20, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »
Dear Stef,

I can't thank you enough for what you have done for our li'l ol' disorder!

I'm sure I'm joined by MANY forumites who think like me.

With much love and respect,

Demo

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1504 on: November 27, 2014, 11:41:48 PM »

...belated...

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1505 on: December 06, 2014, 04:00:19 PM »

Hang in there, we are just about ready to get down to the [POIS Research] nitty gritty,

Prancer

« Reply #1506 on: December 07, 2014, 12:37:42 AM »

My favorite part!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1507 on: December 07, 2014, 05:21:57 AM »
Cool graphic, Prancer!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1508 on: December 07, 2014, 05:38:55 AM »
Is there a Skype session today?

I put Skype on my iphone today  (just now).

Prancer

« Reply #1509 on: December 07, 2014, 08:33:38 PM »
Thanks Demo, saw Daveman's comment about the POIS research for the first time after you re-posted it. Very exciting to hear!

On a side note, I just checked NSF for the first time in like 4 months....and whaddayaknow, the first thing I see is some more quacks & their sh*tty websites being promoted.
Makes me so glad I left. I wonder when those people will realize how insanely ridiculous they look to everyone else when they try to promote that kind of junk.

Stef

« Reply #1510 on: December 08, 2014, 04:08:09 PM »
Thanks Demo, saw Daveman's comment about the POIS research for the first time after you re-posted it. Very exciting to hear!

On a side note, I just checked NSF for the first time in like 4 months....and whaddayaknow, the first thing I see is some more quacks & their sh*tty websites being promoted.
Makes me so glad I left. I wonder when those people will realize how insanely ridiculous they look to everyone else when they try to promote that kind of junk.

Hi, Prancer --

No question about it -- the NSF POIS forum has become a free-for-all...unfortunately.

When Demo was the moderator at NSF, he monitored all posts carefully. People who posted frivolous links to unsound scientific theory were given fair warning (by Demo) --> shape up or ship out. He put up with SO MUCH FLACK from forum members who had personal agendas, and who didn't like being warned (privately) by Demo to reign it in.

Personally, I would have said, "The heck with this!" and left the moderation of that forum to someone else. However, Demo persevered.

In the meantime, Daveman felt that "POIS" should have its own forum, and had started constructing a POIS forum, using the Simple Machines platform.

The breaking point occurred when the NSF general moderators advised Demo (and me, individually) to cease and desist all research fund-raising posts. It did not matter that the fund-raising was for scientific research.

I think that says a lot for a forum called, "The Naked Scientists."

So -- here we are!  Demo and Daveman left NSF... and this forum came to life! :-)

It's sad because there are men posting on NSF who may not be aware of this POIS forum, and are missing out on REAL discussion. 

Stef

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1511 on: December 08, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »
Stef, thanks for a great sum-up of our history since 2007!

Prancer

« Reply #1512 on: December 08, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
Couldn't agree more Stef! And as we close out the year, many, MANY thanks to Daveman & Demografx for this dedicated POIS forum, allowing all of us to tackle POIS the right way!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1513 on: December 08, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »
Thank you, Prancer. You are a great asset to this Forum. Thank you for all your enthusiastic contributions!

nathan123

« Reply #1514 on: December 10, 2014, 04:17:30 AM »
Hi, 

Please see the my new post in POIS Naked Scientists forum....Finally, I got the breakthrough....Let's see how it works for others....Pls see the post there............

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1515 on: December 10, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »
Thank you, Prancer. You are a great asset to this Forum. Thank you for all your enthusiastic contributions!

Thanks Demografx. And thanks to you for being the glue that holds everything together here. You always know the perfect balance between not wanting to suppress too much, and the required removal of spammers, charlatans, and persistent troublemakers.

With Daveman and Stef and you + other wellwishers my glue is SuperGlue!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:17:29 PM by demografx »

vik1379

Any news from Dr. Barry Komisaruk?
« Reply #1516 on: December 15, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
Hi, dear all!
I read this forum seldom. Do we have any news from Dr. Barry Komisaruk?
Did he already examine any of us? When he plans to come to any results?
How we can help him in his work? For example, I have results of medical examination for POIS from Russian State Scientific Center of Endocrinology (Moscow, Russia). I was there for examination for 3 days in July 2014. Where was many tests of my blood and other tests before and after ejaculation. They did not find cause of my "pois", but they scientific rejected many discussed at the forum hypothesis of "pois" reasons.
They created a bank of samples of my blood for possible further research.
May be it will be helpfull for Dr. Barry Komisaruk to communicate with my doctor?
Thank you.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1517 on: December 15, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »
The final-final set of approvals from IRB have arrived, so any day now (with allowances for the Holiday Season/vacations @ Rutgers, etc.)

:)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1518 on: December 15, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »
Thanks, everyone, for your patience!

We know it's not easy waiting!

:)

Keep The Faith,
Demo/Daveman/Stef

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1519 on: December 22, 2014, 11:32:31 AM »

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 07:39:59 PM by demografx »