Author Topic: Article: Successful treatment of POIS with human chorionic gonadotropin  (Read 4949 times)

POISed2cure

Re: Article: Successful treatment of POIS with human chorionic gonadotropin
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2022, 10:11:51 PM »
Wow. You are very lucky.

b_jim

Yes, it makes me think to Dr Ashby theory. Something passing from pregnant woman to Poised husband during intercourse. Why not chorionic gonadotropin.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

followthrough91

Thank you for the information. Very interesting and informative. The only primary medicines that I take are Vitamin D3 2,000 International Units everyday for Vitamin D deficiency and Fexofenadine 180 MG on occasion for allergies. P.O.I.S symptoms still flare up for me. Would be nice to try something that alleviates it.

POISed2cure

Thursday will be the end of my second week of HcG injections. I will wait until Friday to O and see if there is any improvement. No expectations. If there is zero improvement, I will discontinue and test it in a country where injections cost much less. If there is even slight improvement, or POIS duration (3 days) is shorter, I may give it another week and see if improvement continues.

Lihua

• a Chinese man's case and situation of all the POISers undergoing desenz in China
Thursday will be the end of my second week of HcG injections. I will wait until Friday to O and see if there is any improvement. No expectations. If there is zero improvement, I will discontinue and test it in a country where injections cost much less. If there is even slight improvement, or POIS duration (3 days) is shorter, I may give it another week and see if improvement continues.
the paper says it takes six months to eliminate POIS completely, maybe you should wait for a longer time.
all Chinese can send me a personal message, I have a wechat group. There are doctors researching POIS in Guangzhou, Beijing, Harbin.

POISed2cure

I'm pretty sure it says 6 weeks. But he continued for 6 months...

Lihua

• a Chinese man's case and situation of all the POISers undergoing desenz in China
fine.....looking forward to your successful result. God bless you.
all Chinese can send me a personal message, I have a wechat group. There are doctors researching POIS in Guangzhou, Beijing, Harbin.

POISed2cure

From the article FYI: "At 6 weeks T levels normalized with near-complete resolution of symptoms. This successful result argues for hormonal investigation in men with POIS, and a trial of hCG or T therapy if total or free T is low or borderline."

I want to continue trying much longer, but it is very expensive here... Plus I need to go to Cambodia in 10 days and I'm not sure they have this treatment.

Lihua

hello, did you have an O? how about you?

POISed2cure

Yes, after 2 weeks of going to hospital 3 times a week for injections, I O'd. It did not make any difference. Maybe 2 weeks was not enough, and the dose was small (1500IU - first 2 doses were only 1000IU). Next week I fly to a cheaper country and I can buy 5000IU for $14, which is MUCH cheaper. I might try that twice a week for 1 month and see if it helps, and then reduce the dosage slowly with the help of a doctor.
I will be in a country where I can test new medicines cheaply and easily, with reliable sources (not fakes).

I plan to test Adderall and Provigil (as treatment for symptoms, not to prevent POIS), for a backup option in future. Some members had success with that.

I ordered Inca Berries (2 members here reported that these funny berries prevented their POIS 100%).

I will try hydroxyzine (antihistamine) that members here reported totally prevented their POIS.

I will test a higher dose of Ibuprofen with Paracetamol to see if that helps at all.

Quantum recently had success with a supplement called Moducare, so I will test that.

Many members reported Gluten Free diet completely removed their POIS, so I have started reducing Gluten, and will totally remove all Gluten for a few weeks if the above treatments do not work.

I will test every option on the "summary of treatments" in this forum, and hope for the best.

Open to anyone's ideas... POIS is hell. I've had enough. It's time to figure it out.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 07:30:09 AM by POISed2cure »

hosien2008

• MM group
I suggest lowering the blood concentration

Lihua

it is a shame to hear that.

POISed2cure

Hosien - do you mean 5000IU is too much? If so I agree and only planned to use 3000-5000IU twice a week for maybe a few weeks before reducing the dose to 1500IU.

Lihua - Yes, it is. Was 3 more days of hell. :-)

Anyway, next!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 07:25:34 AM by POISed2cure »

Mad King

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2023, 02:28:20 AM »
47/M/180lb, pois sufferer since age of 31. Last few years were severe to the point that I feared having sex. Sypmtoms were low energy, severe brain fog, disturbance of circadian rhythm, low mood, easily irritated, social anxiety, struggling for words while talking/writing, dip in intellect, low motivation to do anything. Symptoms lasted for 7 to 15 days.

Current situation: Almost 90% symptoms gone.

Treatment:
------------
Did NIACIN 500 mg daily for 3 months. I'm not sure this helped. It bumped up my blood sugars and weight by 15 lbs.

Subsequently, doing the following worked:
-----------------------------------------------
HCG 1000 IU injected SC daily in the morning using an automatic injector (Autoject 2)
NSAID Celecoxib 2   200 mg capsule after sex and also on the next day
L-Arginine (SR) 350 mg every morning
Low carb diet

Other notes:
--------------
Last year I did 6 months of HCG 2000 IU x twice a week but it didn't work as well.
But stopping HCG had worsened the symptoms.

Hope this helps someone!

mike_sweden

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2023, 06:14:12 AM »
Current situation: Almost 90% symptoms gone.

which symptoms remain?

Mad King

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2023, 06:47:06 AM »
Still I simply don't feel that great for 4-5 days after orgasm. But it is nowhere near what I'd call POIS. I consider it a natural weaking of the body faculties as a result of losing vital fluids by orgasm.