Author Topic: Do I have P.O.I.S.?  (Read 18380 times)

Pois 2011

Do I have P.O.I.S.?
« on: May 01, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

actually I know I have physical and mental problems after an Orgasm. I searched the net for a long time and didn?t find any information regarding my problems until I found this page.

So now to my story. I?m 33 years old and I have this problem for more than a year. It started in february 2011. Since then everytime I have an O I need days to recover from that. It doesnt start directly afterwards. Afterwards I feel good I feel relieved everthing is fine. But about 1 hour later I notice the first symptoms. I feel a coldness or a cold burning in my urethra, my glans, balls. This increases after peeing. I start to feel a little bit dizzy in my head. After 2 hours I feel something in my stomach - this also feels like a cold burning. The next body parts are my legs and arms. This also feels like a cold burning under the skin. The strangest thing is, that my legs feel a kind of light then. I don?t know how to describe that.
Normally when I have an O I have it before I go to bed. Today I had it in the evening and so I know when which sympton is coming first. So normally I wake up in the morning and have all the symptoms at once, while not noticing anything when going to bed. So in this state with all thes symptoms  I?am totally sensible to coldness and freezing even when it?s warm. The whole thing feels like an allergic reaction of my body... But sadly that isn?t everything to it. My mental state is a mess then. I?m nervous, I?m anxous, depressed and not able to be happy or confident. This state changes slowly after 3 or 4 days. The coldness fades, the mental symptoms fade and I?m getting back to normal again. If there are about 7 days between the O?s the crashes are not as bad as when I have O?s 2 days after the last one. Than I totally crash and need longer to recover...

Can you relate to those symptoms? If so did you find any help in any medication?

Observer

• Global Moderator
Re: Do I have P.O.I.S.?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »
Hi Dan. I can understand every one of your symptoms and how do you feel about it. The only difference is that i get the symptoms very fast after an ejaculation. For me, it´s very clear: You have P.O.I.S. , but you can try with pure niacin (150-200 mg does the trick for me)- the one that produces flush- 1 hour before Orgasm.

You need to get the flush, wait until it dissappears, and then you could have an Orgasm. Wait at least 50 minutes-1 hour after you have taken the niacin.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:19:07 PM by Observer »

Pois 2011

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
Hi Observer,

thank you for reply. How fast does it start with your symptoms after an O and do all your symptoms start at the same time?
I?m just reading all the posts and found your post about garlic and Fenugreek. Wouldn?t you recommend that anymore? I was just about ordering those Fenugreek pills...

Are there any guys here who made real improments after the diagnosis?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »
Hi Observer,

thank you for reply. How fast does it start with your symptoms after an O and do all your symptoms start at the same time?
I?m just reading all the posts and found your post about garlic and Fenugreek. Wouldn?t you recommend that anymore? I was just about ordering those Fenugreek pills...

Hi again Dan. I think in the second 0 after Orgasm i realized that POIS was coming to me. I get used to feel like a gradually increase of pressure on my head, specially in some area of the brain that is just behind my eyes. Brain fog kicked hard 10 minutes after O. with all physical fatigue and cognitive problems related.
Well, fenugreek was great and i was excited when i began to take it, but because it was the first thing that actually helped me to cope with my POIS. Fenugreek helps you more if you take it before orgasm, and can really make a difference, but i have not experienced POIS symptoms after an ejaculation for first time in 7 years only after taking niacin.

I think you will have to try for yourself and watch the effects, but don´t doubt to ask us for any question.

You could watch a program about POIS, aired on ABC Australia recently, following this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kqIpGUYpI

(I am the "spanish student") I hope you find the video informative.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:59:37 PM by Observer »

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »

There are some people that has got an improvement of its symptoms after a desensitation program/Vandemolen). And niacin could block your POIS or at least reduce the intensity/severity in a significant way.

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
Dan, concerning treatments, niacin is the most widely effective. I've been taking fenugreek for almost a year and it continues to work for me as long as I take it with garlic or green tea. If you haven't visited our treatment summary at the compendium yet then here is the link: https://sites.google.com/site/poiswebsite/test-page/successful-methods

My personal specific treatment protocol is linked to in my signature below. My physical symptoms overshadow my cognitive/emotional ones. I have made real improvements since I found the NSF forum in that my combination of treatments allowed me to go from being mostly bed ridden from POIS to being able to have a part time job for 2 months. Without my treatment combo I wouldn't even have the willpower to spend time and energy reading these forums, although I seem to be an extreme case.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:38:48 PM by Vincent Marcus »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Pois 2011

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
thank you guys so much for sharing the information. I already ordered Niacin. Also bought some garlic capsules and I will give fenugreek a try. Can you tell me if you are taking those supplements only before an o? What can I do a day later when I?m feeling sick? Can you take it next day too, to get an improvement? Do many of you did an allergy test, where your own semen was injected (very interesting film by the way)? i think if I go to an urologist and ask him do that he will think I?m crazy... Sorry tfor these questions, I will probably find all these answers in the posts but there are so many and I will need time to read them all...

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
bro i am sorry but i messed up my life i got this when i was 18 and now i am 43
i lost everything i recover but again when i do it ...... so everything comes back its really hard i tried everything but nothing helps me .........
may God bless you .....add me on yahoo
sameer
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 06:18:02 PM »

Hi Dan. I will try to answer your doubts:

1.Can you tell me if you are taking those supplements only before an o?
I usually took garlic and fenugreek both before and after an O. Now, I am only taking pure niacin(Be sure to order flush type niacin) before(and not after) an O.

2.What can I do a day later when I?m feeling sick? Can you take it next day too, to get an improvement?
In my case, i only take niacin before an O, because i won´t need to take it during the next days --> Niacin blocks 100% my POIS!
When i was taking garlic and fenugreek, i used to take them at  times when my brain fog was unbearable, after an O.

3.many of you did an allergy test, where your own semen was injected (very interesting film by the way)?
I seized the opportunity to have the allergy test, and there are some people here who have had this skin prick test done.

4. i think if I go to an urologist and ask him do that he will think I?m crazy...
Well, maybe you should go to an allergist or an endocrinologist. But on that case, just bring them Waldinger papers(ask Daveman or demografx for them) and show them the video- They couldn´t deny anything!

Best regards!

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 09:10:58 PM »
Dan, fenugreek + garlic works much better for me if I take it before an "o", but it still works somewhat afterwards. I usually have an "o" just before bed and then have fenugrek + green tea/garlic when I wake up in the morning because fenugreek tends to oddly give me an energy boost after an "o" that makes it difficult for me to sleep.

I haven't tried taking niacin after an "o", but I don't think it'd work nearly as well as when taken before.

One warning about niacin: Don't take too much. Start with 100mg and work up from there. Fasting for a few hours before will improve your chances of getting the flush and breaking open the capsules or crushing the tabs and allowing the powder to dissolve under your tongue will also increase chances of getting the flush. Don't give up on niacin until you experience the flush.

It would help if you could verify that your type of niacin is nicotinic acid and not niacinamide or some other no-flush type of niacin, but it seems that if the bottle just says "Niacin" and doesn't say "no-flush" then it's usually the right kind.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Pois 2011

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »
Hi Sameer, i am sorry for actual state. Maybe there is going to be a cure one day... That is why everybody is here - to find answers and to find a remedy. And some guys like Daveman are really optimistic...

Did you guys here on the forum made a research what all of the sufferers have in comon? For example I always seemed to have a hormonal problem. In my teenager years I had a lot of spots in my face-massive huge ugly ones... When I was about 19 I noticed losing hair for the first time... I mean did you compare those things. Or stress related things - or have you had  depressions before/what about the add thing...

Do you really think this is an allergic reaction? What do you think about this article? http://cure-erectile-dysfunction.org/negative-effects-of-ejaculation - could it be that depression or stress itself is the cause? If depression is a cause for a hormonal imbalance - could an O mess this hormonal imbalance even more and causes my or your symptoms? But then again - why do I recover after some days up to a normal state - without feeling depressed at all?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »
Hi Sameer, i am sorry for actual state. Maybe there is going to be a cure one day... That is why everybody is here - to find answers and to find a remedy. And some guys like Daveman are really optimistic...

Did you guys here on the forum made a research what all of the sufferers have in comon? For example I always seemed to have a hormonal problem. In my teenager years I had a lot of spots in my face-massive huge ugly ones... When I was about 19 I noticed losing hair for the first time... I mean did you compare those things. Or stress related things - or have you had  depressions before/what about the add thing...

Do you really think this is an allergic reaction? What do you think about this article? http://cure-erectile-dysfunction.org/negative-effects-of-ejaculation - could it be that depression or stress itself is the cause? If depression is a cause for a hormonal imbalance - could an O mess this hormonal imbalance even more and causes my or your symptoms? But then again - why do I recover after some days up to a normal state - without feeling depressed at all?

Hi Dan; interesting questions, and i am sure that most of them have been discussed here, but the problem is that very little is known about the mechanism of this syndrome. A more effective cure could come with more research, and that´s the reason we are funding the N.O.R.D. (National organization rare diseases) research grant(I contributed with a small amount of 25 $ and pledged another 75$) to get the medical community on board or trying to spread the word about  POIS in the media. The more organized we are, the better chances for solving this problem.

Pois 2011

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:11 AM »
Hi guys,

I have to admit, that I still was not sure if I had POIS. When I made my first post here I just had the last O and needed days to recover. Meanwhile I had taken Feenugreek and garlic and did not feel any improvement. Yesterday I received my Niacin order and gave it a try. So I have not had an O for 2 weeks. So as discribed I was fastening before, took feenugreek and garlic and 100mg niacin. After 15 min I noticed an effect and some minutes later I had a flush... Then after the O I waited for the symptoms to kick in. Okay, I got a little dizzy in the head, but that?s not a problem. But I thought okay the other symptoms will kick in after a while but they did not! After 3 hours I felt really great. I also could sleep very well!. Now on the next morning the symptoms are usually very bad. But I still feel very good! That is really a miracle! I cannot believe it! I tried alot of supplements but nothing worked! I am totally greatful for the information I found here. So thank you very much. But I have to admit that the whole thing is really strange. Why does it help? The sensation of the flush iis not really bad but when I looked in the mirror it was a little bit scary. I looked like a red Hulk. It is bizarre but it really helps. And that gives me a lot of hope...

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »
Hi guys,

I have to admit, that I still was not sure if I had POIS. When I made my first post here I just had the last O and needed days to recover. Meanwhile I had taken Feenugreek and garlic and did not feel any improvement. Yesterday I received my Niacin order and gave it a try. So I have not had an O for 2 weeks. So as discribed I was fastening before, took feenugreek and garlic and 100mg niacin. After 15 min I noticed an effect and some minutes later I had a flush... Then after the O I waited for the symptoms to kick in. Okay, I got a little dizzy in the head, but that?s not a problem. But I thought okay the other symptoms will kick in after a while but they did not! After 3 hours I felt really great. I also could sleep very well!. Now on the next morning the symptoms are usually very bad. But I still feel very good! That is really a miracle! I cannot believe it! I tried alot of supplements but nothing worked! I am totally greatful for the information I found here. So thank you very much. But I have to admit that the whole thing is really strange. Why does it help? The sensation of the flush iis not really bad but when I looked in the mirror it was a little bit scary. I looked like a red Hulk. It is bizarre but it really helps. And that gives me a lot of hope...

YAYYY DAN!!

Fantastic. Another Success story!

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Pois 2011

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 02:50:14 AM »
Yes, definately a success story! 2 days later and I still feel good! Though yesterday I had some concentration problems during the day - but this is nothing compared to the state I am usually in one day later.

Pois 2011

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 07:49:22 AM »
I want to update my story. My post orgasmic problems started when I quit a drug named propecia. Even 1 1/3 year off nothing improved. On the propeciahelp.com forum I found the link to this one in May this year. I tried Niacin as some guys here suggested and it helped immediately. My ejaculation frequency was still every 2 weeks and I still could have some bad days. My overall state improved slowly but constantly. Because Niacin was helping I took it more often. I also had to take higher dosages to experience the flush. Since i am taking it evry day my condition is very good. I even can have an orgasm without flushing and I am not experiencing any symptoms afterwards anymore. Since my POIS was caused by another drug and the root of my POIS and yours is probably different I dont know I my regime helps you too. But I wanted to close my story here.

Fenugreek and Garlic didnt help me. On the other forum I was told to try licorice root tea after every orgasm and I am doing that since the end of july. I am also taking Vitamin D 2000I.U. a day since September and Vitamin B12 since October. Since August I didnt had a really bad day anymore. Since September I feel pretty good. And since october I almost feel recovered. I would call myself recovered if I wouldnt take any supplements anymore. But I will keep doing my regime for some time...

After reading a "Niacin: The Real Story: Learn about the Wonderful Healing Properties of Niacin von Abram Hoffer, Andrew W. Saul und Harold D." I am also not afraid of higher dosages. My daily dosage is 800 mg.

I just wanted to share this. And I also want to thank you for the information regarding Niacin that I got here. Without that I would still be in pretty bad shape! So thank you guys!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 08:15:14 AM »
OK, your regime sounds interesting.

We normally only take niacin about an hour before orgasm to produce the flush. But it's interesting to know that a fairly strong dose (I imagine you have to work up to that dose), taken daily works well too.

Niacin can be hard on the liver in higher doses, so you should check the liver out once or twice a year. Also I understand that methionine once or twice a week help to make the load easier on the liver.

We are also looking at niacinaminde daily (with methionine support) as well, which seems to be quite effective.

Glad that we have helped!

As you say, the ideal would be to get to where we don't need to take anything... maybe someday!

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 08:32:49 AM »
OK, your regime sounds interesting.

We normally only take niacin about an hour before orgasm to produce the flush. But it's interesting to know that a fairly strong dose (I imagine you have to work up to that dose), taken daily works well too.

Niacin can be hard on the liver in higher doses, so you should check the liver out once or twice a year. Also I understand that methionine once or twice a week help to make the load easier on the liver.

We are also looking at niacinaminde daily (with methionine support) as well, which seems to be quite effective.

Glad that we have helped!

As you say, the ideal would be to get to where we don't need to take anything... maybe someday!

550 mg of niacinamide daily with methionine taken twice a week seems to have removed the POIS symptoms following an orgasm. I've had 2 O's and no POIS.
However, as I said, whether it's the anti-fungals or not, I've felt like I'm having a hangover which is gradually getting less bad since the start of this week. It is possible that my POIS is caused by some kind of infection. To save time for others following this path, there is a drug called Eraxis which can be used to treat systemic fungal infections so if you have signs of such an infection (the itching, rashes etc.) and haven't been able to clear them then ask your doctor about Eraxis. (I'll repost this to other parts of the forum) I'm going to try eraxis if the Nystatin doesn't work. I may just get my doctor to try it anyway as multiple years of fungal infections can't be good for me.

My understanding of reading some of the sexual problems following propecia consumption is that it affects hormonal synthesis. Is it POIS? I don't know, it's difficult for us to say what POIS is right now. It may be a specific disease with genetic, infectious or environmental characteristics or it may be a syndrome caused by multiple diseases where we don't single one disease out and say "That is POIS".

I have seen reports suggesting that pregnenolone can relieve some of the sexual problems caused by finasteride/propecia. You'll have to look it up (try googling :) ) and consult your doctor. We may share treatment experiences here but nobody can direct anybody to take a medication.
I didn't take propecia. I have taken pregnenolone and found it to greatly increase stamina and reduce brain fog.

wincobmor

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »
Thanks for your sharing information, just and only for thanks.

Pois 2011

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 07:49:51 AM »
quick little update. My POIS or PFS came back in November and I tried some further things. I made the decision to abstain vor 6 weeks and followed the regime of the book "the ultramind solution" which meant a diet without any artificial sugar, gluten, processed food etc... Plus I took some high quality vitamins and a lot of omega 3 foods etc. I also took maca root what is known for achieving a hormonal balance. Since my mental state and my physical health improved a lot I decided to stay abstinent longer than 6 weeks. I managed to abstain for 5 months. I also started taking some amino acids like l-arginine and lglutamine. Then i decided to give it another try and after the first orgams in months I didnt get the mental problems as before. Even on the day after nothing happend. I still felt a coldness in my body but that was all. I always considered myself healed if I could have an orgams evry 2 days without symptoms afterwards. That little coldness afterwards was no problem. Meanwhile I managed to have Os on two following days and it was no problem. Sometimes I feel dizzy after an O. This is still strange and this is still a state of brainfog but it doesnt last for long and I just feel tired for 2 hours, than it is  gone. A day after an O I feel good - although there is still this coldness in my legs. Maybe on those days I am not as tolerant to stress as usual - but I am not depressed or anxious...

My question is, do you guys experience this coldness too? Do you have an idea whats the cause of it? Did you try any amino acids or hormone balancing substances like Maca?