Author Topic: Listing of Possible POIS Symptoms - Are Your Symptoms possibly linked to POIS ?  (Read 7795 times)

Quantum

• Administrator
If you or someone you know experience unusual symptoms after sex/orgasm/ejaculation , and you are not sure it could be POIS or not, here is a rather large list of symptoms that can be POIS symptoms.  This POIS symptoms list is based on what our members have shared. Of course, nobody has all of these symptoms, only some or many of them.  Usually, but not always, a POIS sufferer will tend to have the same symptoms from one POIS attack to another.  However, intensity may vary.  Also, over time, some symptoms may disappear and some others may appear.

You will also notice that POIS symptoms tend to regroup in clusters or groups. For example, there is a cluster of cognitive symptoms, another one of flu-like symptoms, etc.

After consulting this list, you may also like to take a look at the 5 preliminary diagnostic criteria, as established by Dr Waldinger ( see at https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3650.msg38475#msg38475 ), to help you better understand what POIS is.

POIS symptoms list

Allergy-like symptoms

- Watery/itching/burning eyes
- Runny nose
- Sneezing
- Local swelling (groin, prostate,  or tail bone)
- Anal itching
- Overall itching
- Hives/rash
- Eczema
- Asthma
- Sinus problems ( including congestion, pressure felt in the eyes )

Flu-like symptoms

- General feeling of being ill, as in an actual flu
- Fever/perspiration/shivering
- Sore throat
- Joints pain
- Muscle pain
- Hyperalgesia/nerve pain/fibromyalgia-like pain
- Fatigue ++++
- Bad taste in the mouth/nausea

Cognitive symptoms

- Brain fog 
- Memory problems 
- Cognitive problem 
- Difficulty concentrating 
- Speech impairment   
- Slow thinking process (bradypsychia) 
- Dyslexia   
- Lack of mental focus   
- Insomnia / hypersomnia / sleep pattern disturbance   
- Impaired problem-solving capacity   
- Inability to make decisions     
- Decreased work capacity   
- Poor task management

Systemic symptoms (neurological, muscular, dermatological, ...)

- Muscle weakness ( especially in the legs, and also "collapsing" face muscles giving a very tired
  appearance )
- Muscle twitch 
- Hypotension and related symptoms: reflex tachycardia, cold sweat, dizziness, exercise intolerance, orthostatic hypotension 
- Restless leg syndrome   
- Lack of coordination / clumsiness   
- Tremor and other motor disturbances   
- Neurological problems in the extremities (tingling in the palms and soles, burning sensations, or numbness in the extremities)
- Sensitivity to noise, sensitivity to light (photophobia) 
- Pressure felt in the eyes 
- vision processing altered 
- Headache 
- Dermatitis 
- Dry hair, dry scalp, dry skin 
- Redness on the skin
- Gums, oral mucosa, and throat problems (redness, pain, inflammation )
- Canker sores
- Stomach ache
- Diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps
- Change in bowel movements usual rhythm / change in stool appearance

Emotional/psychological symptoms

- Anxiety
- Fatigue ++++
- Irritability
- Social phobia
- Low self-esteem
- Emotional instability/mood swings
- Emotional intensity   
- Aggressiveness   
- Dysphoria   
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders (unfortunately, including compulsive masturbation, leading some members to a never-ending POIS state)
- Phobias
- Appetite disorders (anorexia/bulimia)
- Anxiety urination (frequent urge to urinate)
- Personality changes into an irritable and anti-social type
- Difficulties interacting with others/urge staying alone
- Feelings of loneliness and powerlessness
- Depressive mood
- Autism-like symptoms
- Impulsivity
- Paranoid thinking

If you think a particular symptom should be added to this list, just let me know.
And, if you think you have POIS, the best thing to do is to, first, refrain to ejaculate as much as possible, since it is what usually triggers a POIS attack.  Then, be sure to turn to a healthy diet, this has helped many members, and, browse the forum to find information that could help you get some relief.  Stay also tuned to the forum for the upcoming POIS research results.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:04:39 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Andreas

Anyone felt weakness at radiations?  I mean if you also cannot talk on the phone because you feel the radiations when you got pois symptoms.
I can't stand the radiations and i can't watch tv or other displays when i feel that lack of cerebrospinal fluid( after ejaculation )

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
Anyone felt weakness at radiations?  I mean if you also cannot talk on the phone because you feel the radiations when you got pois symptoms.
I can't stand the radiations and i can't watch tv or other displays when i feel that lack of cerebrospinal fluid( after ejaculation )

Hi Andreea and welcome to the forum!

At least one other member had a similar problem (electromagnetic hypersensitivity) that he managed to resolve along with POIS. You may benefit from his example.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4002.msg42508#msg42508
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

soulution121

Hi There Andreea.

I have electromagnetic sensitivity disorder. I cannot use smart phones and/or laptops with the wifi switched on for too long. Instantly my body reacts with painful sensations in my bone marrow, nausea, headaches, sharp pains throughout my body, stinging sensations, micro palpations in my blood vessels and my fingers starting to spasm when I hold a mobile phone for a few minutes.

I've had it for a long time even when not in POIS mode.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
A few additions on top of my head:

Heavy body
Feeling cold/chills (or is this the same as shivering?)
No emotions/flat emotions
Stiff muscles/tissue
Tight muscles/tissue
Ugly facial appearance
Foul body odor
Heart palpitations
Dehydration that isn't affected by increased intake of fluids https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3322.0

You could add a cardiovascular header and a female only header (changes in menstrual cycle).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:35:46 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread

b_jim

Paresthesia
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Muon

• MCAD Thread
https://www.reddit.com/user/esauseasaw/

"The muscle loss, flu-like symptoms, being skinny, and diarrhea all sound like POIS. When I first got POIS, one of the things I was most worried about was my "metabolism being too fast". I was constantly hungry and never gained any weight. It was like food just went right through me without my body absorbing any nutrients. This was in addition to spasms in my face, brain fog, and speech impairment. You may not have these latter symptoms, but I don't anymore either. But that's only because I've learned to manage my POIS to a certain extent."

Muon

• MCAD Thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1c0fcsf/postural_issues/
Does anyone get some postural issues after orgasm . Like forward head , titled shoulders etc ?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
As for back symptoms, I often get back pain during pois. When I have pois fatigue it feels a struggle to sit upright and maintain posture. I can get a stabbing back pain on the mid left side during pois. I am prone to pulling a muscle in my lower back during pois which has happened many times. I don't have these symptoms when I don't have pois but I have a general tendency towards a stooped posture with rounded shoulders so I do a bit of physio etc.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Some POIS patients say their symptoms have some kind of Inertia.

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1bm7pmz/comment/kwa16sd/
Bad psychology enforces the symptoms which can keep the inertia going even in the absence of the initial trigger

What he meant is probably momentum.
This might be a reason why people use prepacks. You need to apply a force upon a heavy mass before it picks up too much momentum to change its trajectory on time. Once the symptoms gained too much intensity it feels like nothing makes a dent.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Muscle wasting/weight loss

StressPOIS

arm muscles feel weak.
Burning sensation in the forehead, brain feels heavy/headache afterward.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1f5jcwq/does_this_happen_to_you/

When I'm in my pois state, i feel that my body doesn't absorb any thing I take or drink.

For example, drinking coffee doesn't make me awake even if i doubled the amount. While in non pois state, I directly feel the caffeine effect in less than 30 minutes

The same for medications. when i have an allergy. anti-histamines won't work if im poisy
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 06:03:24 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 10:12:06 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Burnout