Poll

Are you generally allergic? Do you often have allergic reactions to other things?

Yes
17 (58.6%)
No
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Allergies  (Read 12350 times)

Egordon

Allergies
« on: March 19, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
I only ask because I'm highly allergic (to animals, most plants, a few medications, some foods... got allergy shots as a kid, etc.) and was wondering if others have the same problem? I don't know anything about immunology but if we all have very sensitive/allergic immune systems that might indicate something.
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
Re: Allergies
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
I've never had any allergies in my whole life, but after POIS began I think I may have become slightly celiac as I now get bloated after eating too much white bread.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Green

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »
Just hayfever and dust for me, thankfully I'm not allergic to my pets, but I'm sure they're allergic to me :P

Ccconfucius

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »
I've never had any allergies in my whole life, but after POIS began I think I may have become slightly celiac as I now get bloated after eating too much white bread.
i think i get same thing. am not allergic to anything  but my mom allergic to pollen and possibly mold in carpet.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »
Just hayfever and dust for me, thankfully I'm not allergic to my pets, but I'm sure they're allergic to me :P

I am allergic to acarus, cats, dogs, pollen(not too much), and kiwifruit...and after my skin showed reaction to my own semen-well, some component-, i suppose that i should add it to this already large list.

lithium

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:30:02 AM »
Allergies to Gluten, Mould and Fungus

Vandemolen

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:11:09 PM »
I am allergic to dust, perfume, pollen, peaches and cigarette smoke.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
I'm allergic to zero, zilch.  Just orgasm supposedly
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 02:13:26 AM »
Gluten, mould & dairy.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »
not allergic to anything but dont know if i should believe this gluten/milk sensistivity been talked about.

kurtosis

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
not allergic to anything but dont know if i should believe this gluten/milk sensistivity been talked about.

What do you mean? Mine is confirmed by a gastroenterologist. I can't speak for anyone else but this isn't exactly a broad sample and therefore it's probable we'll have some statistical anomalies (like higher probability of allergies) when compared with the general population.

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 06:43:33 AM »
Honey, mosquito bite, antibiotic, and MSG.
(Those I know of so far.)
It started ever since my first orgasm. It lasts exactly for 7 days. Symptoms mainly in the brain: extreme mental  fatigue, difficulty concentrating, inability to comprehend/retain what is read,shortened attention span, loss of speech fluency, cloudy mindedness, mild headache, and anxiousness

Ccconfucius

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 02:54:56 PM »

What do you mean? Mine is confirmed by a gastroenterologist. I can't speak for anyone else but this isn't exactly a broad sample and therefore it's probable we'll have some statistical anomalies (like higher probability of allergies) when compared with the general population.

am not  talking about you or the forum  , am talking about internet.  Those websites that claim there is alot of gluten/milk sensistivity.  That also say cow milk is not for human beings and can be detremental because we dont digest the protein.
They are taking something that affects a few and applying to general population because of a couple of papers.

All that said i want visit a gastroenterologist just to make sure digestive system is okay. I dont think i have any problems but with this constant pois i am very clueless.
What made you go to gastroenterologist and what did you ask to be tested for.

kurtosis

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 05:23:53 AM »

am not  talking about you or the forum  , am talking about internet.  Those websites that claim there is alot of gluten/milk sensistivity.  That also say cow milk is not for human beings and can be detremental because we dont digest the protein.
They are taking something that affects a few and applying to general population because of a couple of papers.

All that said i want visit a gastroenterologist just to make sure digestive system is okay. I dont think i have any problems but with this constant pois i am very clueless.
What made you go to gastroenterologist and what did you ask to be tested for.
Sounds reasonable. Sorry I thought you were suggesting something else :)
I went to the gastroenterologist because bad POIS was accompanied by stomach problems including cramps, pains and erratic stools (diarrhoea sometimes and constipation a few days later). The gastroenterologist said I had the symptoms of coeliac disease, evidence of allergic reaction in my gut and flattened vili. However, several diet changes (monitored by him) didn't reduce the symptoms by much so I reckoned that if there was an allergic reaction, it was some underlying illness that was triggering sensitivity to dairy and gluten. I'm not sure these illnesses exist by themselves but need something to trigger them.

Vandemolen

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 08:18:26 AM »
For the guys who have hay fever (pollen): how is your condition when you are at day 1 of POIS. When there are a lot of pollen in the air (during springtime). I am in POIS state for more than 4 months. And now the hay fever is killing me. I think that is because I destroyed my DAO with antibiotics. Now I have a lot of histamine in my body. So when I breathe in some pollen there is a lot of histamine for the attack. In the years before it only took a half of an allergy pill to control my hay fever. Now I sneeze all day even when taking 2 allergy pills. I am afraid that only prednison will help me to block the overload of histamine.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 08:59:57 AM »
This all sounds like atopy to me:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atopy

Vandemolen

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »
Thanks. I do have an acne kind that looks like keratosis pilaris. It appears after a big histamine flush or when I have severe hay fever. Since the weather improved (since ten days agos) I can not go outside. I will ask my doctor if it is atopy. I also have black dots on my calves, looks like hair spots. But I have this for a few years now. Now it only looks a bit bigger. The dots do not give me pain or is not itchy.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:13:39 AM by Vandemolen »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 10:18:52 AM »
The question is why we are more prone to develop hypersensitivity reactions.

Nas

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 10:35:51 AM »
This is more of a question of why auto-immunity happens.

Vandemolen

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 10:50:37 AM »
My theory for my case: I think there is more histamine in my body or/and I became more intolerant to histamine. I am abstaining for 4 months now. But now there is more histamine in my body I think my POIS will be very bad. I think in my case after sex the histamine in my body rises. In the first day of POIS I have chills in my legs. Because I also had pain and stabs in the penis area I thought it was UTI or prostatitis. In some cases they found something in the urine that proves an UTI, but in some cases they could not find anything. It does not mean that there is no prostatis. But when I look back I think sometimes it was just the overload of histamine in my body. And I made it worse by taking antibiotics. I really took a lot of antibiotics. I have low IGm, so that could explain the prostatis, and they give healthy IGm-patients antibiotics to avoid infections that are not there yet. I think in my case POIS could be a hypersensitivity. It could be for semen, seminical fluid or something else.

Since 5 years I do not had a runny nose. Maybe because of desens and because my tonsils were removed. But the runny nose is back and it has never been so bad as now.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:02:19 AM by Vandemolen »