I would say 1-5 women for 1000 men.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Poll: Gender
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 08:44:01 AM »
Perhaps some women don't want to come forward as in placing comments. They can show their presence anonymously by voting.

Nas

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 09:30:57 AM »
But I still think the absence of refractory period post orgasm makes it much less likely for them to suffer from POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 03:42:55 PM »
I agree. For years, I theorized that my refractory period dysfunction (too slow semen re-generation) caused my POIS. Haven’t totally abandoned that speculation
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 03:44:33 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 04:19:30 PM »
I agree. For years, I theorized that my refractory period dysfunction (too slow semen re-generation) caused my POIS. Haven’t totally abandoned that speculation
I mean it's the simplest explanation. It decrease dopamine (inhibition). It increases prolactin ( autoimmune agitator). It decrease testosterone. Low dopamine leads to many dysfunctions. The autonomic system is involved between both orgasm and ejaculation as it facilitates the refractory period after it measures seminal vessels contraction. Lots of theory on this one.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 03:12:05 PM »
Well said.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 12:08:51 PM »
''Several studies support sex-based differences in immune responses. On average, women have a stronger immune response than men. Autoimmune diseases are more frequent in women as estrogens enhance B-cell activities and the expression of chemokine receptors by T-cells, for instance [59-61]. In general, women are more resistant to infections, but suffer more often from allergies and autoimmune diseases.''

Mast Cells in Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review

Timtim

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 05:10:30 AM »
I am a female sufferer. I just found what pois is and I am shocked! This syndrome is terrible. I am confused by all the information and prepacks and treatments that are being discussed in this forum. I am reading all your experiences and advice. Thanks for sharing.
My English is not very good, sorry about it.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 07:56:45 AM »
I am a female sufferer.

We have a special thread about female poisers here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2755.0

Please leave a comment about your gender in there as well so we (especially female sufferers) can easily identify female pois sufferers.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 08:56:48 AM »
Interesting b_jim. 5:1000 = 0.5 %
18 votes are in and so far the contribution of women is ~ 10%. The accuracy of the results is a function of the amount of voters, this percentage is still subject to change.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:41:43 AM by Muon »

certainlypois2

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »
I am a female sufferer. I just found what pois is and I am shocked! This syndrome is terrible. I am confused by all the information and prepacks and treatments that are being discussed in this forum. I am reading all your experiences and advice. Thanks for sharing.
Welcome Timtim

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Gender
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2020, 11:39:10 AM »
Anatomy and Physiology of Erection, Ejaculation, and Orgasm

"While these are similar between genders, in men there is additional activation in the periaqueductal gray matter."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periaqueductal_gray

"The periaqueductal gray (PAG, also known as the central gray) is a nucleus that plays a critical role in autonomic function"

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
Re: Gender
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 12:43:28 PM »
Question's what makes biological males more likely to get POIS? Given the ratio it can be said whatever difference there's in reproductive system is what interacts with whatever causes POIS yet as there are biological female POISers it means POIS mechanism isn't tied to 1 reproductive system but percentually occurs more in 1.