Author Topic: Castration, why did it work  (Read 64988 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Castration, why did it work
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2019, 07:06:14 PM »
“For some reason” is exactly the basis of my skepticism. Armchair philosophers.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2019, 07:08:58 PM »
“For some reason” is exactly the basis of my skepticism. Armchair philosophers.
Wow, that's very disrespectful!
Look man, we can argue as we want but let's keep it within reasonable arguments, as I said, they do read posts in this forum.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2019, 07:11:35 PM »
I hold to my opinion.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2019, 07:14:22 PM »
I hold to my opinion.
What a sad opinion...

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2019, 07:14:35 PM »

Look man...

Can you please try improving your street language?

Thanks.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2019, 07:15:48 PM »
Nas, keep your negativity to yourself. It really doesn’t help this forum.

Nas

« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2019, 07:16:33 PM »

Look man...

Can you please try improving your street language?

Thanks.
I hold to however I want to speak.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2019, 07:21:39 PM »
If you don’t stop the negativity, you will be placed on moderated posting. Your posts will be displayed only after mod review.

Maybe you’d be happier with your own forum. You seem very unhappy and/or skeptical
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:33:52 PM by demografx »

Nas

« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2019, 07:42:48 PM »
If you don’t stop the negativity, you will be placed on moderated posting. Your posts will be displayed only after mod review.
Look demo, you're taking stuff way too personally with me, and I'm not. I'm not the one who called medical professionals "armchair philosophers" I think that's actual negativity. Then you're trying to moderate the way I speak? Look man, if you want to ban me, it's up to you. You've wanted to ban me ever since we had our first disagreement. I frankly don't feel that I can contribute anything if I am always at check. You act very recklessly with your authority like a boss of a company rather than the administrator, or otherwise a leader. I have nothing to loose as a POISer. I've already lost so much. So know that your threats are not really threatening. I offered you in the past an agreement to stop profanity yet it not enough for you. I always have disagreements with my fellow POISers, but I nor they ever took anything personally! But you always do!! You're way too easily offended and easy on the trigger!. As I told you please, I don't appreciate the passive aggressiveness, if you don't appreciate me personally then please be a man and do something about it. Thanks. 

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2019, 07:48:20 PM »

Enough digression. Let’s all get back to the important stuff!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2019, 10:55:58 PM »

What I will try to do, is post a full explanation of my theory, what I did, how I think it worked, etc.  for the forum - - on the “Animus solution" thread...in the next few days if possible..!

Thanks, Animus!

Animus

« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2019, 10:58:01 PM »
Look demo, you're taking stuff way too personally with me, and I'm not. I'm not the one who called medical professionals "armchair philosophers" I think that's actual negativity. Then you're trying to moderate the way I speak? Look man, if you want to ban me, it's up to you. You've wanted to ban me ever since we had our first disagreement. I frankly don't feel that I can contribute anything if I am always at check. You act very recklessly with your authority like a boss of a company rather than the administrator, or otherwise a leader. I have nothing to loose as a POISer. I've already lost so much. So know that your threats are not really threatening. I offered you in the past an agreement to stop profanity yet it not enough for you. I always have disagreements with my fellow POISers, but I nor they ever took anything personally! But you always do!! You're way too easily offended and easy on the trigger!. As I told you please, I don't appreciate the passive aggressiveness, if you don't appreciate me personally then please be a man and do something about it. Thanks.

Nas,
your attitude is totally Unacceptable to this Forum in my opinion.
Demo has been a stellar moderator for over a decade on this site. He has kept communication civil and inviting for 100s of members. None of them have ever had the kind of problems you are having.

Demo has kept this forum going, and helped people share information, stories, remedies, and has kept a very open mind to all who come here.  Demo also has been an incredible Liason to World-class institutions, researchers, such as NORD.

If you cannot find a way to get along with the Chief Moderator of this site, then it is totally your fault.

Animus

***Note— this post has been edited by the mods to remove the suggestion of Banning an offensive member. ***
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 02:10:30 AM by Animus »

Animus

« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2019, 02:49:02 AM »

[to John21]
...remember Animus? He’s back also, and he’s been
100% POIS-free for the last 10 years with his radical “male hysterectomy”. You can search the forum for the update.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1430.msg32301#msg32301

Everyone: I’m not at all suggesting that we all go out and do risky/expensive surgery. But let’s try & see if we can learn from Animus’ experience!
Demo

I think people are still skeptical of how this worked out for him. Especially with the brain symptoms. All my medical friends have no explanation for it, so I don't really know what are we going to learn from this. Anyone has a good theory?

Nas,
Who are you claiming to Speak for?... what "people"? 
And who are your "medical friends"?
I am staying a member of this forum in order to help find a cure for POIS.
Why are you here?
If you're here to simply trash other people's years of experience and success...
then I think you're sorely mistaken, dude.
Because I went through many years of pain and agony to figure this thing out. I've defeated POIS for 10 years. I think we all can agree that I did have a very serious case of POIS.  I even did a TV show to publicize and educate the illness. 

And your off the cuff doubts and remarks to me are personally quite OFFENSIVE>  OK?
So if you have any serious questions, THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK AS A GENTLEMAN, THEn please go ahead and ask them.

I am very short for time. I am very busy with my work.  And honestly, I'd rather respond to friendly inquiries which are sincere. If not-- I basically don't have to be here, dude.  I think it's a great credit to those moderators who keep in touch with older members, as Demo does, to see how they're doing.
Animus.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 04:09:46 AM by Animus »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2019, 11:34:21 AM »
Nas,
Why are you here?
If you're here to simply trash other people's years of experience and success...
Because I went through many years of pain and agony to figure this thing out. I've defeated POIS for 10 years. I think we all can agree that I did have a very serious case of POIS.  I even did a TV show to publicize and educate the illness. 

And your off the cuff doubts and remarks to me are personally quite OFFENSIVE>  OK?
So if you have any serious questions, THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK AS A GENTLEMAN, THEn please go ahead and ask them.

I am very short for time. I am very busy with my work.  And honestly, I'd rather respond to friendly inquiries which are sincere. If not-- I basically don't have to be here, dude.  I think it's a great credit to those moderators who keep in touch with older members, as Demo does, to see how they're doing.
Animus.

Hi Animus,

I feel there is some misunderstanding, here.   If you look at the original post of this thread, mike_sweden was wondering, after seeing the video of your TV appearance, what is it, in all your surgeries, that helped with your POIS.  There have been many debates about this during the five years you have been away from this forum.   For those that have been here all along, it is clear that many members are trying to understand what, among all the surgeries you had, have been responsible for your POIS cure, so no wonder about Nas referring to "people" trying to understand what worked ( however, the use of the word "skeptical" by Nas may be misunderstood - see below).  This is a totally legit question, as you may understand, because no member would just repeat all the exact procedures you went through.

When Nas has written that :

I think people are still skeptical of how this worked out for him. Especially with the brain symptoms. All my medical friends have no explanation for it, so I don't really know what are we going to learn from this. Anyone has a good theory?

I feel that the misleading use of the word "skeptical" is what makes you reacting to what Nas said.  Nas may have chosen a better word, I agree, to convey his concerns and questions, but I think he only wanted to express that it is not clear which one, in all the procedures you had, helped cure your POIS , and why.  However, it is clear to me that he, and the friends he discusses with, are not skeptical at all about your POIS cure.  Your success is a fact, especially since you came back to confirm that you are still POIS-free, but no one knows, to date, how and why it worked.

Those are important questions.  I remember commenting, in one of the previous threads about your success story, that, in your case, you had a  (painful?) lump on one of your testes, so this may have been what prompt the choice of this specific surgery, but that no surgeon would accept to do it for anyone else if there was no obvious problem with those glands. We came to the conclusion in that discussion that removing the testes may not be necessary and may not be what worked, because some members went through vasectomy, and nothing changed for them, POIS-wise  ( this includes myself - vasectomy did not help my POIS at all ).  Moreover, as you surely have experienced yourself, removing the testes is a serious decision to make.  So, members are glad to see you have no more POIS, and it bring some hope for others. But, pondering about if they would undergo themselves one or more surgical procedures, in a bid to cure their POIS, is a very serious question, with no clear answer.

Is it removing the prostate that did it?  Or removing the Cowper glands?  Or removing the seminal glands ? Or the testes, even if doubtful?  Or any combination of 2 or 3 of these ?  Is the fact that you take testosterone replacement therapy is a factor ? Many questions, no answers. So, before it is understood what really cured POIS in your case, it is clearly not possible to recommend any surgery to any POIS sufferer.   I am sorry that you are not at ease with such debates, but considering your outstanding success, I think it is normal that your case attracts attention and stimulate such discussions.   Those debates may not unfold in a way you appreciate, but we try to keep exchanges as polite and respectful as possible.

POIS is a rare syndrome, so let's try to get along, and solve this all together, as calmly and respectfully as possible.

Thanks for your understanding, and have a great Holiday Season !

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:15:44 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »

Everyone: I’m not at all suggesting that we all go out and do risky/expensive surgery. But let’s try & see if we can learn from Animus’ experience!
Demo

Since I had a part in promoting Animus’ POIS success story recently, I thought this might fit in with Quantum’s post, with italics to emphasize once again that
I’m not promoting surgery for POIS! :)

Animus’ expensive surgery was as costly as a POIS Research Grant. So - once again - let’s all try and learn from it. I think the detailed questions about Animus’ procedures that were stimulated by Quantum and others are exactly what I was hoping for!

Thanks, everyone.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 08:25:28 PM by demografx »

Animus

« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2019, 05:33:54 PM »
Nas,
Why are you here?

Animus.

Hi Animus,

I feel there is some misunderstanding, here.   If you look at the original post of this thread, mike_sweden was wondering, after seeing the video of your TV appearance, what is it, in all your surgeries, that helped with your POIS.  There have been many debates about this during the five years you have been away from this forum.   For those that have been here all along, it is clear that many members are trying to understand what, among all the surgeries you had, have been responsible for your POIS cure, so no wonder about Nas referring to "people" trying to understand what worked ( however, the use of the word "skeptical" by Nas may be misunderstood - see below).  This is a totally legit question, as you may understand, because no member would just repeat all the exact procedures you went through.

When Nas has written that :

I feel that the misleading use of the word "skeptical" is what makes you reacting to what Nas said.  Nas may have chosen a better word, I agree, to convey his concerns and questions, but I think he only wanted to express that it is not clear which one, in all the procedures you had, helped cure your POIS , and why.  However, it is clear to me that he, and the friends he discusses with, are not skeptical at all about your POIS cure.  Your success is a fact, especially since you came back to confirm that you are still POIS-free, but no one knows, to date, how and why it worked.

Those are important questions.  I remember commenting, in one of the previous threads about your success story, that, in your case, you had a  (painful?) lump on one of your testes, so this may have been what prompt the choice of this specific surgery, but that no surgeon would accept to do it for anyone else if there was no obvious problem with those glands. We came to the conclusion in that discussion that removing the testes may not be necessary and may not be what worked, because some members went through vasectomy, and nothing changed for them, POIS-wise  ( this includes myself - vasectomy did not help my POIS at all ).  Moreover, as you surely have experienced yourself, removing the testes is a serious decision to make.  So, members are glad to see you have no more POIS, and it bring some hope for others. But, pondering about if they would undergo themselves one or more surgical procedures, in a bid to cure their POIS, is a very serious question, with no clear answer.

Is it removing the prostate that did it?  Or removing the Cowper glands?  Or removing the seminal glands ? Or the testes, even if doubtful?  Or any combination of 2 or 3 of these ?  Is the fact that you take testosterone replacement therapy is a factor ? Many questions, no answers. So, before it is understood what really cured POIS in your case, it is clearly not possible to recommend any surgery to any POIS sufferer.   I am sorry that you are not at ease with such debates, but considering your outstanding success, I think it is normal that your case attracts attention and stimulate such discussions.   Those debates may not unfold in a way you appreciate, but we try to keep exchanges as polite and respectful as possible.

POIS is a rare syndrome, so let's try to get along, and solve this all together, as calmly and respectfully as possible.

Thanks for your understanding, and have a great Holiday Season !

Dear Quantum,
thank you for your sincere and thoughtful questions...
I would like to give them the attention/ answer they deserve.!  and cannot put the time in right now. but hope to in the next few days...  I am happy to hear from you. and your questions are great.  so I will try to post soon. thank you
best, Animus

Animus

« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2019, 09:47:52 PM »
Thank you again for your questions, and raising the level of this discussion, Quantum!
I have a lot of medical records, detailed health timelines, documentation of every procedure I went through... step by step.  and I'll be happy to share that on the forum-- probably not all at once! because it's a lot, but over time... I'm happy to answer all the questions- no matter how the discussion turns out, or what the conclusions are.

Since this thread is primarily about Castration, why it worked...
I think the first point, which you kindly made, is the consensus that I did have POIS, a severe case of it. And that I no longer have POIS currently.  Thank you for that. I suffered strongly from POIS through my 30s until I got the last surgery, and recovered.  Hopefully our discussion will also be disseminated and parsed out more scientifically by interested health professionals/ researchers. I'm an architect. Perhaps they can shed more light on what actually worked in my case. 

I went from suffering from severe POIS for up to 7 days post- orgasm/ ejaculation...
to currently being able to have orgasm 2 or 3 times per week, with no symptoms, no missed days at work.   I have a small business, have my own apartment, and am happily employed in my work.
However, can't have kids now. I can still enjoy sex though and have a fulfilling relationship.

You asked which of the surgeries was responsible for eliminating the POIS.
All of them were responsible.  I started small... saw improvements, and proceeded with caution over 3-4 years. I went with the theory that ---Semen Production--  is what causes POIS in our case.   Orgasm/ ejaculation triggers Semen Production, regeneration.  There is a Refactory period of up to 7 days after ejaculation... which essentially matches perfectly the period that I suffered from POIS.

My theory is basically that semen regeneration is responsible for all the symptoms... and the way to avoid semen regeneration is either to not have ejaculation, or eliminate the organs that produce semen, thereby making it impossible to produce it.  (There could be other ways) That also leads to "dry ejaculation".  I instinctively felt that my body was "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul" in effect while I was regenerating semen.

TESTICLE #1:
I had developed abnormally large and painful testicles... so my First surgery was to remove 1 testicle.
I had a huge improvement in symptoms and health immediately.
However, within about 3 months, the remaining testicle grew almost double it's size to compensate for the missing one. And I was back to square one.

TESTICLE #2:
Second surgery was to remove the second testicle. Much more complicated.
I have to say- that was a very hard thing to do, personally, emotionally- so I really understand that.  I didn't want to change my sex, become more feminine, or have any desire to harm myself.   However, I figured I was worse off with POIS, than I was without my testicles... so I decided to go for it.

The second surgery helped reduce my POIS again by about 30% or close to that. However, it also caused some problems, which took time to properly treat. 

TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT:
The problem was that I didn't produce Testosterone any more. So I needed to see a very good Endocrinologist, who could properly administer the right amount of Testosterone. Initially, I was given too much, 1ml per week, and became very jittery.. and a lot of other things.  But after about a year, we found the right dose to be exactly .35mls per week- much lower.  I have been on that dose now for almost a decade. I regularly give myself a shot of testosterone every week.  Testosterone is a critical male hormone, as we all know, and without it, one can become depressed, weak, frail, lose muscle and other things...etc. Also you can't have an erection without it... which could possibly be worse than having POIS... depending.

After the Second surgery, and finding the right dose of Testosterone... I was finally able to start working again, and get my own apartment again. My POIS had been reduced significantly but still present. I still had POIS, but not quite as catastrophically. My condition still prevented me from having a relationship, and required me to schedule my Orgasm/ ejaculation on days when I knew I could take 2 days to recover.  But it went down from 6-7 days to 2 days I'd say.

I stayed that way for a few years.  Then I think it was in 2009, that I had the 3rd and 4th surgeries. I had to go to India for those. It was over $6,000 I think. none of it covered by insurance.

PROSTATE:
The 3rd and 4th surgeries were done a few days apart.  First the Urologist did a TURP. I originally wanted to entirely remove my Prostate, but I researched it, and found it was risky, could lead to incontinence, lack of erection.  So I opted for a TURP-- which is fairly non invasive, removal of a lot of the Prostate Tissue. But keeping it. The Prostate is one of the sex organs, and produces a component of Semen.

SEMINAL VESICLES:
The other organs that make semen are the Seminal Vesicles, and the Cowper's gland.  The Seminal Vesicles contribute probably the bulk of the Semen fluid. I had those removed. That is an unusual and invasive surgery because they are hidden behind the prostate. The Cowper's gland does not contribute much volume, and my Urologist recommended keeping it in, so I did.

POST OPERATIVE RECOVERY:
So the danger of these operations is that it's possible to become incontinent, and or lose ability to have an erection.  I did not have either of those things.  I had a solid recovery... it took some time though, and definitely a few weeks before I was on my feet again. After recovering, I was able to have an erection again, and have an orgasm, however now it was Dry Ejaculation. No Semen came out. The feeling was pretty much exactly the same orgasm though.

SUPPLEMENTS/ MEDICINE:
I currently take medicine to control the size of my Prostate, to keep it from enlarging again. I find this is really important to follow up with.  I take FLOMAX- a prescription from my local urologist. And I take SUPER BETA PROSTATE- which is and herbal supplement, quite powerful, actually effective also to reduce the Prostate.

whew! it's a lot.
I might take a little break from all this now. hope that helps. Thanks,
Animus

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:16:07 PM by Animus »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2019, 10:12:03 PM »
Thank you, Animus, for that *exhaustive*, detailed explanation! You have proved to me and countless others, that POIS *CAN* be defeated. Completely! Thank you.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2019, 11:41:12 PM »
Thanks, Animus, for having taken the time to describe the different steps you went through, with the timing and results on your POIS.  This will help others to try and understand what may apply to POIS in general.

Your hypothesis of "no semen=no POIS" appears to have been true for you.   My concern, however, is that, considering there seems to be more than just one type of POIS, this same hypothesis may not be true for all of POIS sufferers.   For example, some members have POIS symptoms from pre-cum only, which is produced by the Cowper glands.   You still have your Cowper glands, so I suppose you still have pre-cum ( sorry for sounding so invasive of your privacy !), and you have no POIS. So, as for anything POIS, nothing is clear and simple.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Animus

« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2019, 12:29:48 AM »
Thanks, Animus, for having taken the time to describe the different steps you went through, with the timing and results on your POIS.  This will help others to try and understand what may apply to POIS in general.

Your hypothesis of "no semen=no POIS" appears to have been true for you.   My concern, however, is that, considering there seems to be more than just one type of POIS, this same hypothesis may not be true for all of POIS sufferers.   For example, some members have POIS symptoms from pre-cum only, which is produced by the Cowper glands.   You still have your Cowper glands, so I suppose you still have pre-cum ( sorry for sounding so invasive of your privacy !), and you have no POIS. So, as for anything POIS, nothing is clear and simple.

You're welcom Quantum,
Yes, my Cowper's gland is still present. It is important to keeping the urethera lubricated. so in general not recommended to remove, or you could dry out your urethera and lead to other complications..?.  it's contribution to semen is quite minimal.  Yes, when I had POIS, I would also sometimes trigger the symptoms with just the pre-cum from the Cowper's. And yes, I still do have pre-cum now.  However it does not trigger POIS anymore.   Even after the surgeries,  if I did have a lot of pre-cum, I would get some symptoms/ tiredness, but on a scale of 1-10 in POIS severity, it was maybe a 2.   And gradually, over the years, that seems to have gone away also.