Author Topic: Castration, why did it work  (Read 64570 times)

Animus

Re: Castration, why did it work
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2019, 10:42:23 PM »
Yes, I thought you might say that.  I also think Auto-immunity is also highly unlikely.  Basically, an auto-immunity is when the body attacks it's own healthy cells..  And this is certainly not the case with POIS.

Animus

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2019, 10:45:10 PM »

Demo, and Quantum, you guys are doing a great job on here. and I really like the quality of dialogue.

Thanks to Demo for making this happen!

Thank you so very much, Animus!

Your incredibly brave contributions to the community will be a major hallmark when  The History Of POIS is finally written!

HAHA!!  Well, we can only hope that History has a good ending!

Nas

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2019, 11:20:20 PM »
And this is certainly not the case with POIS.
What makes you certain?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2019, 11:21:40 PM »

Animus - A Hero’s
 Welcome Home!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Animus

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2019, 01:45:50 AM »

Animus - A Hero’s
 Welcome Home!

HAHA! Thanks Demo.
But seriously, thanks for mentioning my case to the Researchers. I'd be happy to participate in that.  Also, let me know when you're doing fundraising again!
best,
Animus

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2019, 04:39:26 AM »

HAHA! Thanks Demo.
But seriously, thanks for mentioning my case to the Researchers. I'd be happy to participate in that.  Also, let me know when you're doing fundraising again!
best,
Animus

Very gracious of you to offer your time to the Researchers, Animus!

Fundraising won’t happen for a while. Till we see how the 2019-2020 Research goes.

Best,
Demo
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 07:26:52 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2019, 07:03:54 AM »
Because I have Allergies

I'm not surprised by this. Sounds like some kind of atopy to me.

There are people who had some succes with desensitization. Those people report a decreased duration of their POIS symptoms.

Let's assume these people got the same condition as Animus. If you apply Animus his theory onto those patients then could desensitization accelerate sperm replenishment (shorter duration of symptoms)? Would a faster replenishment rate not make you sicker? Is it even possible that desensitization could affect sperm production (I'm no doctor) or does the sperm replenishment period stay constant? If it stays constant in desenz patients why would they got a reduction in duration while the same replenishment rate is present. I find this theory unlikely.

People who have done desenz could have tinkered with the state of their body, affecting the underlying cause of POIS unlike Animus who, in my opinion, made the POIS contact trigger impossible without affecting this underlying cause of POIS. I do think Animus still could be used in research projects.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:09:45 PM by Muon »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2019, 09:38:37 PM »
I think most of us have seen the YouTube clip where an American architect underwent castration and also took testosterone supplements and this cured his POIS

why did this work?

Hi everyone,
I heard the group was curious about a follow-up from my "Animus solution" haha. from 2009. 
Demo, and Quantum, you guys are doing a great job on here. and I really like the quality of dialogue.
I just re-watched that video from 10 years ago, and that date at the end with the girl, they told me to tell her everything about my illness... so it's a little embarrassing to watch that. Because I would not say things in the same manner again.!.. haha.
I think 10 years on, I am looking back, and I am truly grateful that my troubles are over.
To be honest, hearing from Demo this morning, really made my day. Because I realized what a huge Win this was in overcoming it... so it really made my day, that I could follow up with the community.

Hi Animus,

I am glad to interact directly with you, for the first time :)   

Thanks for your good words about Demo's work and my work here !

I am happy for you that you are still POIS-free.  Your successful cure can be very useful in order to help understand POIS and how it can be cured or relieved.   Thanks for coming back here and share your comments.

If you come back when you have time to, and read this, I would have a question for you.  Before your surgery, at the time you had POIS, was there a delay between the time you had an ejaculation, and the onset of POIS symptoms ? 

I ask this because, if the "replenishment" hypothesis you suggest is valid, POIS symptoms should slowly appear as the biological machinery gradually starts to create new semen, so POIS wouldn't manifest immediately after release.   ( As you may have read, I suppose that there is more than one type of POIS.  Again, in this hypothesis, it would appear so, because, even if most members do experience a delay before the manifestation of POIS symptoms, there are mentions of cases where brain fog, for example, starts seconds after ejaculation.  Those particular cases with no delay, would not fit the replenishment hypothesis, I think.  )
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2019, 09:47:49 PM »
Dry ejaculation means it's spermless right? Cause I also know ejaculation means no semenal fluid at all.
Just re-emphasizing this question

Hi Nas,

Form Mayo Clinic:  "Dry orgasm occurs when a man reaches sexual climax but doesn't release (ejaculate) semen from the penis — or releases very little semen. Semen is the thick, white fluid that carries sperm." https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/dry-orgasm/basics/definition/sym-20050906

So, there are the PC muscle contraction of the orgasmic reflex, but nothing or near nothing is released.  In the case we are discussing, it is not because the semen has ended up in the urinary bladder ( which is a retrograde ejaculation), but it is because it has not been produced at all ( the glands producing it had been removed).  So it is more than just no sperm, it is no semen, no or amlost no liquid at all.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:49:53 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2019, 11:30:15 PM »

[Animus,] your successful cure can be very useful in order to help understand POIS and how it can be cured or relieved.   Thanks for coming back here and share your comments.

Since your return to this forum, more and more POISers will now see this “Animus [longterm] solution”, so I think that it will mean greatly
renewed hope for POIS-relief for hundreds, if not thousands of sufferers worldwide. Too many
POISers think that POIS is...hopeless. You proved them wrong!

Animus, you deserve a colorful ticker tape parade. Not just the black-and-white parade of yesterday.
How’s Wall Street? ;D

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 11:52:40 PM by demografx »

Animus

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2019, 12:15:11 AM »
I think most of us have seen the YouTube clip where an American architect underwent castration and also took testosterone supplements and this cured his POIS

why did this work?

Hi everyone,
I heard the group was curious about a follow-up from my "Animus solution" haha. from 2009. 
I just re-watched that video from 10 years ago, and that date at the end with the girl, they told me to tell her everything about my illness... so it's a little embarrassing to watch that. Because I would not say things in the same manner again.!.. haha.
I think 10 years on, I am looking back, and I am truly grateful that my troubles are over.
To be honest, hearing from Demo this morning, really made my day. Because I realized what a huge Win this was in overcoming it... so it really made my day, that I could follow up with the community.

Hi Animus,

I am glad to interact directly with you, for the first time :)   

Thanks for your good words about Demo's work and my work here !

I am happy for you that you are still POIS-free.  Your successful cure can be very useful in order to help understand POIS and how it can be cured or relieved.   Thanks for coming back here and share your comments.

If you come back when you have time to, and read this, I would have a question for you.  Before your surgery, at the time you had POIS, was there a delay between the time you had an ejaculation, and the onset of POIS symptoms ? 

I ask this because, if the "replenishment" hypothesis you suggest is valid, POIS symptoms should slowly appear as the biological machinery gradually starts to create new semen, so POIS wouldn't manifest immediately after release.   ( As you may have read, I suppose that there is more than one type of POIS.  Again, in this hypothesis, it would appear so, because, even if most members do experience a delay before the manifestation of POIS symptoms, there are mentions of cases where brain fog, for example, starts seconds after ejaculation.  Those particular cases with no delay, would not fit the replenishment hypothesis, I think.  )

Hi Quantum,
Thanks for the message, and it's a pleasure to meet you too. I'll check in here every so often.  I think Demo got me hooked again!.. haha. POIS is a fascinating topic, and I know many are affected by it and can possibly benefit from the shared information.

Your question is quite interesting and I think brings up a brilliant and valid point. In fact, it brings up for me one of the quirky mysteries I experienced when I had POIS. 
The delay of symptoms. When does the POIS appear after ejaculation: Right away? or Delayed...

And, I am actually very interested to explore that question.  For me, it Varied. Sometimes I would get the POIS immediately. At those times I'd fall into an immediate deep slumber, and be out for days.  Other times, curiously, I would feel nothing the moments after sex, but then... after 24 hours or so- the symptoms would appear strongly, and last again for a few days.

I think it's possible to link this to regeneration.  So, one other important clue that I noticed to- just from my own empirical data.  This would also happen to me several times, in the same way:  I would feel no symptoms that evening, sleep fine, wake with energy...
but then "After eating a Meal", surprisingly, I'd get extremely tired.  And the POIS onset  would occur. triggered by the meal, it seemed. It didn't matter what I ate.
My hunch, or intuitive feeling, was that- once my body received the nourishment to go into sperm production again, it would trigger the spermatogenesis process, and I'd go into POIS.

I always felt this pause of symptoms was a great mystery... and didn't understand it.  But I think the "Meal" clue helped me understand it a bit. I like to think of POIS as a sort of "Shock" that the body is going through while it copes with regeneration.  As we know- the body often will delay it's shock reaction... until a moment when it can cope with it, perhaps?  Perhaps you've been in a car accident... and the body knows it must still fight to continue. But then when you are in safety- you will really feel the pain of the incident somehow.  The body has all sorts of mechanisms for coping with trauma. Mental and importantly- Physical.

I hope this is helpful, and doesn't add to confusion! thanks
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:23:46 AM by Animus »

Animus

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2019, 12:17:22 AM »

[Animus,] your successful cure can be very useful in order to help understand POIS and how it can be cured or relieved.   Thanks for coming back here and share your comments.

Since your return to this forum, more and more POISers will now see this “Animus [longterm] solution”, so I think that it will mean greatly
renewed hope for POIS-relief for hundreds, if not thousands of sufferers worldwide. Too many
POISers think that POIS is...hopeless. You proved them wrong!

Animus, you deserve a colorful ticker tape parade. Not just the black-and-white parade of yesterday.
How’s Wall Street? ;D

HAhaha. you're too much Demo!  Thank you! it's really touching. Thank you for welcoming me back.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2019, 12:31:53 AM »
I think Demo got me hooked again!.. haha.
Then you must’ve received the one-week-only supply of narcotics from us ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:36:58 AM by demografx »

Animus

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2019, 12:51:00 AM »
Just to follow up on that Delay of Onset of POIS symptoms issue... which you brought up, Quantum...
One more thought. And this is about a solution, perhaps.
I think the body is "hardwired" for a few things, like:
Survival, Procreation, etc.  We know procreation is a hard-wired instinct, haha!! whenever you see an attractive member of the opposite sex.  But I think biologically, we are hardwired for certain things. Who exactly knows the mechanisms that cause that, I don't know. But the Scientific community I'm sure investigates it all the time.

So, perhaps, as alternative to Surgery.  It would be possible to "Isolate" and "turn off"  whatever is the hard-wired signal within our body's instruction manual... to basically stop Semen production. So, to Stop it On the Signal-End.  Rather than just remove all the equipment.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:23 AM »
Hi Animus, but... there is no logic in this theory if you asking me, abstinence onece in a moonth or once in two moonth and i still have a symptomes, sometime severe, sometime milder.
Question- Why  they did remove part of your prostate? You still make prostate fluid or not?
Dry eyaculation?
As farr i can read, only coper glands is stayed in?
Dr-pois.

fernab

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2019, 08:11:39 AM »
Hi Animus,

First of all thank you so much for sharing some of your time with us.

I saw your YouTube video. And some of the symptoms you are refering there remember me totally the same I am having since some time ago (but not since I began with POIS). Also, some other things you are telling now.... Like for instance, the onset time was not always the same for you....was exactly the same for me during my first years of POIS. I also suffered during 4 years or so, to being able to realize that maybe my Illness was POIS. Just because the onset time was different every time (especially in the early years). I also had to visit psychiatrist since no doctor found anything strange in the blood tests and I felt the terrible sensation  of
 incomprehension since nobody was able to help me.... One of the symptoms what most strikes me (from what you explained on your video)  is the pain in the joints of the spinal cord. Because since some months I am also suffering them.

Human body is extremly complex, very probably more than POIS is. I think that we are all in agreement on that.

On October 2017, I had only 3 days after an O a a pericarditis... In the hospital where I was treated, they explained to me that a pericarditis is either caused by an infection or an autoimmune disease. They did me a lot of tests to find any infection. None was found.

A few days ago I had pain in the chest again, with the same pain that I ended up having pericarditis.

The cardiologist that I saw a week ago has explained to me that autoimmune diseases tend to affect serous inflammation. Because the serous tissues have much more presence of cells of the immune system than other tissues in the body. Examples of serous tissues are the pericardium, the peritoneum, the pleura (lungs). And this cardiologist told me that this chest pain I feel is very likely due to pleuritis....and this could extend to pericardium if not treated correctly. I also think that this pleural inflammation could be one of the reasons of feeling so strong palpitations also... Since lungs and heart are strongly related.

I strongly agree with Quantum when he says about there are different types of POIS. And that symptoms and remedies are not the same for all of us.

Curiously we have two types of immune systems one generic (and innate) and another adaptive (that is able to 'learn' and create new antibodies by means of some mechanism. That's why vaccines work and our adaptive immune system is able to overcome by itself some types of viruses infections...).

I have been abstinent since August 4th (9 months now). The first thing one might think is how is that possible? ... that is not POIS! Right?.... Well, as I said, POIS does not seems to manifest and work exactly the same for all of us. In my case, one year ago by accident (I mean without being intentional) I putted more pressure due in my testicular and perineal area when I was riding on a sled. There was no strong blow or bruise at all. I only had a varicocele in the testicles. that curiously I never had and they appeared when I started to suffer POIS. This varicocele (varicose veins in testicles) was one of   POIS symptoms. In fact, when I was POIS free, this varicocele diminished or even disappeared altogether. And viceversa, when POIS was activated It became much more bigger.....

This riding on sled day... In a concrete moment I felt a strong prick (on the varicocele zone) like a kind of whiplash. For some strange reason from that day each time I putted some pressure on testicles or perineal area (just by sitting). POIS symptoms are triggered!!! Just by putting some pressure! I know it sounds amazing!.... But I know what my POIS symptoms where before that day.... And they were the same!

Moreover, since that day the problem was only for the testicular and perineal area when putting pressure.... nothing else was sensible to pressure.... since then I had to avoid sitting...Oddly enough!

But that is not all.... being in that difficult situation ... I had the last O I had (on last August 4th). After that last O..... Things became even worse.... The sensible area to pressure spreaded even more.... Now affecting also buttocks and lower back....

And even more.... after August 4th, I have not had an O anymore. But I had arousal moments.... And preseminal liquid (generated on cowper glands) made me also having worsening and as well burning/stinging sensation in every place precum liquid was in touch with (urethra and glans skin....). For me, with no doubt all these things are POIS related. Even if this is not exactly the same for all of us.

As Quantum says.... Many different types of POIS?

The adaptive immune system can work or attack (by mistake) something different from each one of us?

Who knows....

Animus.... Anyway, I'm very happy for you ... and that you have managed to get out of this horrible disease! and that you have also managed to get well from such a delicate surgery!

Like Demo says... You are our Hero!!!

And I sincerely hope that our research team will free us or bring us a little closer to the solution of this nightmare...

Sorry for extend myself so much.... But I wanted also to provide a bit of my vision of POIS....

Nas

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2019, 09:35:41 AM »
Thank you Fernab, you're another valuable voice for the auto-immune theory.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2019, 09:45:00 AM »
fernab, thank you so much for elaborating. While “the jury is still out”
(there is considerable skepticism about the auto-immune theory, it is too early to rule out.

You are also doing a great job as Moderator!
Best
Demo

fernab

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2019, 10:20:11 AM »
Thank you Demo and Nas.

As I had said human body is extremly complex...

Until a serious investigation is conducted I believe that many things can be related to POIS. Of course the immune system. But what is the relationship between the immune system and the hormonal system? ... and with the nervous one?

Many Doctors lately are telling me that what I have is very likely autoinmune. But, also, a gastroenterologist told me about a case having Crohn's disease. And that this person in times of stress, for example facing difficult exams his Crohn disease became much worse. This was for giving me an example of some situations (of stress, directly linked to nervous system) that are able to afect indirectly the inmune system... Since even it is not completely known today. One of the posible causes for Crohn disease is also related to the inmune system.

Unfortunately, medicine does not know many things yet ...

So as long as nothing concrete is proven. All options are still valid. And therefore I believe that all the opinions must be respected, although they do not coincide with yours until there is nothing that discards it ...

Respect each other is fundamental I think.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2019, 10:53:13 AM »
Just to follow up on that Delay of Onset of POIS symptoms issue... which you brought up, Quantum...
One more thought. And this is about a solution, perhaps.
I think the body is "hardwired" for a few things, like:
Survival, Procreation, etc.  We know procreation is a hard-wired instinct, haha!! whenever you see an attractive member of the opposite sex.  But I think biologically, we are hardwired for certain things. Who exactly knows the mechanisms that cause that, I don't know. But the Scientific community I'm sure investigates it all the time.

So, perhaps, as alternative to Surgery.  It would be possible to "Isolate" and "turn off"  whatever is the hard-wired signal within our body's instruction manual... to basically stop Semen production. So, to Stop it On the Signal-End.  Rather than just remove all the equipment.
Your post above leaves me...breathless!

I am so happy that you see a possible way forward *without* ‘removing all the equipment’ !!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:04:46 PM by demografx »