Author Topic: Trying out Fenugreek + Garlic  (Read 5372 times)

IWontGiveUp

Trying out Fenugreek + Garlic
« on: April 10, 2019, 04:52:25 AM »
After trying the NSAID method with no success I decided to try out fenugreek + garlic.

I already bought some fenugreek but in form of seeds not pills so my question is how to take them, I was assuming 5g which would equal 1 pill before O?

Also was thinking 1-2 garlic cloves a day with my meals, is that good?

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Trying out Fenugreek + Garlic
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 06:29:49 AM »
After trying the NSAID method with no success I decided to try out fenugreek + garlic.

I already bought some fenugreek but in form of seeds not pills so my question is how to take them, I was assuming 5g which would equal 1 pill before O?

Hi IWGU,

When I use fenugreek, I take a small pan,  I bring  cup of water to a boil, and then put a spoon of fenugreek seeds in it, and let boil for about 15 minutes.   When it has cooled down, I drink the infusion - the water gets yellow-brown. 

Many members were eating raw garlic daily, you can serach the forum for it.

To get more information, you can read this 4 pages thread, started in 2011 : https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=27.msg57#msg57
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:25:50 PM by demografx »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 06:32:06 AM »
Do you mean pot instead of pan haha?

Also does fenugreek help you?

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 04:18:31 AM »
Iwas thinking of crushing garlic and fenugreek into some yogurt and mixing it up, would that work or would the fenugreek not be so efficient?

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 09:46:58 AM »
Do you mean pot instead of pan haha?

Also does fenugreek help you?

H IWGU,

I indeed use a small pan, the kind for cooking a single egg, that contains a cup of water with no problem, but use what you prefer.

Fenugreek do make me feel more zen, more calm, when I use it. It brings a kind of "mellow" to my mood.   It is not part of my pre-pack or POIS protocol, because boiling water and all is not convenient for me.   Also, you may know that I have no cognitive symptoms from POIS, so I cannot comment on fenugreek+garlic effect on cognition.   

About fenugreek, I use the boiling method because I have read some years ago from a naturopath site that this was one of the best ways to get the active ingredients from the seeds.greek in tablets, but it is less efficient than boiling organic fenugreek seeds, and the seeds are very cheap too.

I have tried fenu

Let us know what fenugreek, and garlic,  do for you !

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:49:10 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 02:06:30 PM »
Thanks, Quantum.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:14:08 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »

Interesting idea about boiling fenugreek seeds Quantum, I will have to try that for myself.

My own preference is to turn my fenugreek seeds into powder :) For this purpose, I bought myself a mini spice/coffee grinder similar to these:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=spice+coffee+grinder

I noticed when I last visited my local Indian shop that they now sell fenugreek powder as well as leaves and seeds (they call it Methi), so that might be an option for a future purchase.

Good luck with the fenugreek, IWGU.

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »
Ty hurray and Quantum.

I haven't really tested it yet will probably do it tommorow, but have been eating 1 raw garlic clove the last 3 days and I don't notice any effect currently.

So how do you eat the fenugreek powder then? Also how many grams?

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 01:13:31 PM »
There's probably many different ways to eat fenugreek powder - mixing it with food etc.

I usually eat it shortly after a meal, and simply spoon it into my mouth and rinse down with water. I can't really advise on how much to take - start off small and find an amount that works for you.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 01:26:53 PM »

There's probably many different ways to eat fenugreek powder - mixing it with food etc.

I usually eat it shortly after a meal, and simply spoon it into my mouth and rinse down with water. I can't really advise on how much to take - start off small and find an amount that works for you.

Thanks, hurray!

Fenugreek discussions go way back to the time of The Naked Scientists forum’s POIS thread!

In addition to POISCenter fenugreek posts...
Put this in the Google search bar:
fenugreek POIS the naked scientists site:www.thenakedscientists.com

Keep the spaces intact.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:29:35 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 01:38:28 PM »
The legend said egyptian pyramids builders ate garlic every day to be strong...
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 01:40:19 PM »

The legend said Egyptian pyramids builders ate garlic every day to be strong...

Interesting, b_jim!

They also drank beer!

But they died young! ;D
http://tinyurl.com/yynn9ryt
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:31:26 PM by demografx »

Legendary_animal

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 06:23:20 AM »

I have been eating raw garlic empty stomach from the last 2 years to no avail.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2023, 03:29:47 AM »
Just to give a contrarian viewpoint (I can't tolerate garlic anymore, maybe it's the FODMAP, but maybe more the sulfur?)

Looks like eggs are making me tired recently. I will stop eating them for a while. Google for "eggs make me tired".

Is it only in hay fever season? Normally eggs are good for me.

Sulfur Intolerance?

I loved reading this book: The Devil In The Garlic