Poll

Should I go for desensitization after testing positive of semen allergy ?

Yes
2 (28.6%)
No
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Desensitization  (Read 5583 times)

poisoned123

Desensitization
« on: December 25, 2018, 06:38:31 AM »
Although the scientist himself haa dropped this approach but I feel no other hope and feel that something is better than nothing. No other remedies are suitable for me. I started getting gastritis after using NSAID which helped me recover faster.
Has it been effective for anyone here?
POIS since 2010, anti inflammatories work . I think it started due to anxiety. I strongly belive we will be cured one day☺️ Stay Strong :)

Vandemolen

Re: Desensitization
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »
Although the scientist himself haa dropped this approach but I feel no other hope and feel that something is better than nothing. No other remedies are suitable for me. I started getting gastritis after using NSAID which helped me recover faster.
Has it been effective for anyone here?
I did desens. It helped me with POIS. But when not in POIS now I am in more bad shape than before desens. I have hives, candida and prostatitis. Desens could be one the triggers. So if I were you I would not start with desens. Look at the topic of Quantum were all the things that helped others are collected. Talk to your doctor and try one of the things.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 04:20:59 PM »
The semen allergy prick test was proven non-specific for POIS by the Chinese POIS study.  There were subjects in the normal, reference group that tested positive with the test and did not have POIS.  So, even the basis of the use of desens is not validated for now, and there is not clear success with it in after about 10 years on the map ( otherwise, we would hear about at least some of the "healed" subjects here, and we don't).

The thread Vandemolen is referring to is found at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448 .  You can find there many methods that have been useful for members for POIS relief, and you can discuss this with your physician to see which ones may fit for you.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Nas

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »
The semen allergy prick test was proven non-specific for POIS by the Chinese POIS study.  There were subjects in the normal, reference group that tested positive with the test and did not have POIS.  So, even the basis of the use of desens is not validated for now, and there is not clear success with it in after about 10 years on the map ( otherwise, we would hear about at least some of the "healed" subjects here, and we don't).

The thread Vandemolen is referring to is found at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448 .  You can find there many methods that have been useful for members for POIS relief, and you can discuss this with your physician to see which ones may fit for you.
Well according to Vandermolen and Muon, both had success with desensitization. Maybe those who tested positive for prick test who did not have POIS, could they be auto-immunergic to their own semen but don't have systematic mast cell activation as we do? Or do humans just test positive for semen prick tests in general? 

Vandemolen

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 06:10:00 PM »

Well according to Vandermolen and Muon, both had success with desensitization. Maybe those who tested positive for prick test who did not have POIS, could they be auto-immunergic to their own semen but don't have systematic mast cell activation as we do? Or do humans just test positive for semen prick tests in general?
There is no one who is cured by desens. Even in the group of the first Waldingen paper. Desens helped me. I would say 50% less symptoms. And instead of 4 days of POIS when I am healthy I have 1 or 2 days of POIS. But as I said before I am in a worse shape out of POIS than before I started desens. I do not know if desens is the cause. I did 5 years of desens. After 3 years I started having a lot of UTI and prostate infections. My POIS doctor said that it could have something to do with desens. Because you are interveninf in the immune system. Now I have hives even when out of POIS. Desens could be a factor.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 07:02:23 PM »
There is no one who is cured by desens.
There is one guy cured by accident that happened off the records. The first patient who volunteered for the desenz went into shock during the first subcutane injection. After recovery by epipen shots he was cured. If you ask me I think this was some kind of reboot of his immune system. There was a researcher which led his patients deliberately into shock, he did this to patients with bee venom allergy. He put those patients in close bags and let bees into the closed bag. Patients were stung, went into shock, the bees were killed and the doc treated the shock symptoms. Patients that volunteered were completely cured by it. The project was cancelled because they did find it too dangerous despite high succes rate.

Desens could be a factor.
That and/or long term exposure to POIS symptoms.

Vandemolen

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 07:14:43 PM »
There is one guy cured by accident that happened off the records. The first patient who volunteered for the desenz went into shock during the first subcutane injection. After recovery by epipen shots he was cured. If you ask me I think this was some kind of reboot of his immune system. There was a researcher which led his patients deliberately into shock, he did this to patients with bee venom allergy. He put those patients in close bags and let bees into the closed bag. Patients were stung, went into shock, the bees were killed and the doc treated the shock symptoms. Patients that volunteered were completely cured by it. The project was cancelled because they did find it too dangerous despite high succes rate.

Oh I did not know about that case. My POIS doctor told me the bee story. In the first year I had to stay for 30 minutes to be sure if I did not get a shock. Now I know why they were so careful.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »
So to follow up on that story I have actually asked your doctor if he could get me into shock by a subcutane injection with my own seminal fluid. He told me that wasn't possible because of the stage of desenz I was in. It's something you should do before desenz treatment when you are still extremely hypersensitive to it. I seriously suspect this might be a mechanism to get rid of POIS. I was also thinking of storaging multiple sperm samples in the freezer and swallow them all trying to provoke shock but the problem is that when you go into that you are unable to inject yourself with epinephrine so I shrug that idea off.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 08:02:44 PM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 08:11:46 PM »
To my understanding, anaphylactic shock with this desensitization technique can be fatal
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 09:58:36 PM »

Is it shock that cures it, or the epinephrine shot?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 08:23:36 AM »
Is it shock that cures it, or the epinephrine shot?
Good question, perhaps the epipen alone altered some kind of hormone imbalance or all of the steps combined in that specific order did it.

1) Extreme high exposure within a short time frame
2) Anaphylactic Shock
3) High dose epinephrine within a short time frame

I think we will never know until a researcher starts experiment with it. It's a dangerous technique. It was more of an accident, the question is whether this technique is valid for POIS. I remember he told me that he used 2 epipens, no idea whether that is relevant or not.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 03:21:05 PM »
The guy that went into shock started at a dilution of 1:800 if I can recall correctly.