Poll

Are you generally allergic? Do you often have allergic reactions to other things?

Yes
17 (56.7%)
No
13 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Allergies  (Read 12648 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Allergies
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 01:18:47 PM »
Maybe you explained before, but how do you now feel about your desens?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vandemolen

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 01:41:06 PM »
Desens brought my symptoms down and less days of symptoms. In the last period of desens I got more UTI and prostate infections. Is it because of desens? Or was it because thanks to desens I was able to have more sexual activity, from once a month to 3 or 4 times a month. I do not know. Because of those infections I used a lot of antibiotics and that destroyed my DAO and now I have a histamine problem. Again, did desens played a role? Or maybe my histamine would be even higher without desens? I do not know. There are no signals that other desens patients had the same problems as I did. Because I experimented a lot, under supervision of my POIS doctor. I tried CBD. First with big succes, but later I got allergic to CBD. And I tried Clomid, that made my histamine problem even bigger. I felt I had to take some risks to reduce my POIS. Again, under supervision of my doctor. I would never try risky things like taking Clomid without my doctor’s approval.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »
Thank you.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 08:33:09 PM »
''Our studies suggest that mononuclear cells from atopic subjects have abnormalities both in AA metabolism and the regulation of its release, supporting the hypothesis that allergic individuals exhibit disordered cellular immunoregulation and enhanced inflammatory responses.''
Dysregulation of arachidonic acid release and metabolism by atopic mononuclear cells

This could tie into nanna's threads about AA.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:36:16 PM by Muon »

Vandemolen

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 07:28:16 AM »
Do you guys have a parent who smoked when you were a baby? I read that when an unborn baby has a parent, mother or father, who smokes has a higher chance to develop an allergy. In case ot the father: when he smokes near the mother.  A few POIS-patients have an allergy like hay fever. My father used to smoke everywhere in the house. Different times back then. Now he only smokes outside.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 07:57:55 AM »
Do you guys have a parent who smoked when you were a baby?
No

Nas

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »
No

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 12:32:30 PM »

Yes.

Wolf berry

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 03:14:04 AM »
No
No, but I'm allergic to many things during pois :
Cigarettes smoke
Perfume
Yolk eggs
Lactose

Vandemolen

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 07:40:09 AM »
Cigarette smoke and perfume are not allergies. It is a sensitivity. I also can not stand smoke and perfume. But that is also out of POIS. The same for lactose. Cigarette and perfume are worse for me, because it involves the nose, eyes and throat. Lactose only makes my bowels restless and irritated.