Author Topic: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results  (Read 117249 times)

BluesBrother

Re: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2019, 10:16:36 AM »
A while ago I had a comprehensive examination at the immunology department of a university hospital. They did two blood tests, one in a state without POIS and one 4 hours after ejaculation. They also performed a skin prick test with my semen. Here are the results

Results from blood tests in no-POIS state:

- TNF alpha 32.6 pg/ml above reference range (<12.0)

other results normal:

- IgG
   - IgA
   - IgM
   - IgD
   - C3c
   - C4
   - neopterin
   - anca
   - slL-2
   - Rez
   - IFN-Gamma
   - lgE 39.9 kU/l (Ref <100)
   - Sperm o70 <0.10 kU/l
   - Tryptase 4.57 mug/l (Ref <11.4)

skin prick test with own semen: negative

Results from blood tests 4 hours after ejaculation:

all normal:

- Tryptase
   - C3c
   - C4
   - complement system activity
   - slL-2
   - lL-5
   - lL-6
   - lL-8
   - lL-10
   - lL-12
   - IFN-Gamma
   - TNF alpha
   - serotonin 689 nmol/l (Ref <950nmol/l)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 06:37:09 AM by BluesBrother »
Used to have brain fog, flue-like symptoms, un-refreshing sleep, extreme exhaustion, muscle and joint pain, digestive problems, social anxiety, urge to urinate frequently.
Used niacin in the past. Now using nanna1's maintenance stack. Exhaustion and brain fog now main problem. 3-day POIS cycle

Hopeoneday

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2019, 06:25:18 PM »
As my observation teled me that some poisers could hawe lyme disiese

B Jim - diagnosed lyme disiese.
Dr-pois.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2019, 06:28:20 PM »
Eliasjoelrivera lyme disiese diagnosed.
Dr-pois.

nanna1

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2020, 05:11:27 PM »

The patient tested negative for HIV.
Table 1 shows an immune deficiency of natural killer (NK) cells and B cells. Also there is an over expression of CD56- NK cell subclass, showing impairment of the innate immune response. There is overexpression of monocytes relative to the healthy controls.
"When a detailed evaluation of the effector cells involved in the immune response was performed, a monocyte increase and an NK cell decrease were observed in the patient with POIS in comparison to the controls, with a reduction in total B cells and normal T cells count. Some studies have shown a decrease of NK cell percentage in association with a reduction of activity of these cells in peripheral blood of patients with depression. Other mental disorders such as mental stress, autism and obsessive-compulsive disorder have also been reported to present lower NK cell activity."
-De Amicis, K., et. al., "Immunophenotypical Characterization of a Brazilian POIS (Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome) Patient: Adding More Pieces to Puzzle" (2019)

Table 2 shows that autologous semen injection immune therapy was ineffective.
"In conclusion, we did not confirm the hypothesis that POIS is an auto allergic IgE-mediated syndrome and the patient showed no improvement after immunotherapy."
-De Amicis, K., et. al., "Immunophenotypical Characterization of a Brazilian POIS (Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome) Patient: Adding More Pieces to Puzzle" (2019)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:08:26 PM by nanna1 »
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2020, 09:16:38 AM »
Poiscenter member Bream:

About 5 years ago i had my testosteron tested, which was low at 6.8 (ref 9-38). After a year of taking andriol (testosterone, 40mg) the level even dropped to 3.8. When i stopped taking Andriol testosteron went up to 13. My vitamin D level was 18 last year (ref 32 - 86) and some of the B's were low. Ref

In 2010 my feces was tested on several things among which beta-defensin 2.
- beta-defensin 2: 139,20 ++ (ref < 23, so 6 times the maximum value). Ref

I have asked him to post all of his data, but haven't seen anything from him yet so I'm posting this in case he forgets.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2020, 06:27:35 AM »
This is medical tests resalts treed.
Put yours posts in disscusion treed.
Dr-pois.

BluesBrother

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2020, 05:09:36 AM »
My results from a recent checkup with an endocrinologist (in German, but you will hopefully still be able to figure out what was tested for).

Test was performed when I was not experiencing POIS symptoms. Results are in the final column, reference range in the second-to-final column.

Used to have brain fog, flue-like symptoms, un-refreshing sleep, extreme exhaustion, muscle and joint pain, digestive problems, social anxiety, urge to urinate frequently.
Used niacin in the past. Now using nanna1's maintenance stack. Exhaustion and brain fog now main problem. 3-day POIS cycle

nanna1

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »
POIS case study involving "subcutaneous injections of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)... 1500IU injected subcutaneously three times per week": Successful treatment of Post-orgasmic illness syndrome with human chorionic gonadotropin (2019)

Note: Direct quotes from the linked paper are italicized.

"A 25 year old single heterosexual man was seen for a chief complaint of anxiety, low energy and weakness following ejaculation, accompanied by mental fog and difficulty with word-finding. He avoided social contacts during his symptomatic period. Onset of symptoms could be immediate or delayed by 2-3 days, and would last 1-2 weeks. Symptoms began at 16 years with sexual maturity and continued to the present time, regardless of whether ejaculation occurred via masturbation or intercourse with a female partner...
...he was single and orgasm frequency was once every 2-3 months..
...Adderall provided some benefit for the brain fog. He was under the care of a psychiatrist for anxiety, treated with propranolol. Alprazolam was prescribed as needed for POIS, but provided minor benefit. Trials of treatment for POIS with bupropion, and Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) were unsuccessful."

height: 6 feet
weight: 175 lbs
BMI: 23.7

His testosterone levels were tested twice prior to hCG treatment period.
2 years prior to treatment:
serum total testosterone: 293 ng/dl   ref range: 249-836 ng/dL
calc free testosterone: 33 pg/mL   ref range: 32-168 pg/mL

During the study, before starting the hCG treatment:
serum total testosterone: 374 ng/dl   ref range: 249-836 ng/dL
free testosterone: 140 pg/mL   ref range: 32-168 pg/mL
luteinizing hormone 4.7 mIU/L
hematocrit 44.7%

During the study, after 6 weeks of hCG treatment:
serum total testosterone: 952 ng/dl   ref range: 249-836 ng/dL
free testosterone: 280 pg/mL   ref range: 32-168 pg/mL
Luteinizing Hormone "...LH and FSH were below threshold limits."

6 week follow-up (POIS symptoms completely resolved):
"At six-week follow-up his symptoms had resolved completely, and he had discontinued use of alprazolam. He ejaculated more frequently, and experienced no weakness, anxiety, brain fog, or malaise afterwards. He noted improved mood, overall energy, and libido...He reported this was the first time since he was 16y that he could experience orgasm without negative physical or emotional consequences afterwards."

6 month (~24 week) follow-up (POIS symptoms partially returned):
"At six months of follow-up he continued hCG treatment, was happy, and masturbated several times per month. He still described mild POIS symptoms immediately following orgasm, but these resolved within 12 h and were not bothersome. Importantly, he no longer experienced dread with anticipated sexual activity."

Note: Both the 6 week and 6 month follow-ups were assessed while the patient was receiving 1500IU subcutaneous hCG injection treatments.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:47:35 PM by nanna1 »
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack

BoneBroth

Results of SIBO test
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2020, 12:08:31 PM »
Here are the result of my recently made SIBO test. SIBO stands for Small Intestine Bacteria Overgrowth. The solution I drank was lactulose.

Summary:
Increase of methane: 43 ppm (high)
Expected: < 12 ppm

Increase of hydrogen (H2): 6 ppm (normal)

Increase in combined H2 & CH4: 49 ppm (high)

The gut and intestine is the mother of all health and a bad absorption of nutrition can to wreak havoc on all hormone systems and possibly be one cause of POIS.
I have to fix this and see what it does with my POIS.

Would be nice to see others SIBO results too!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:34:07 PM by BoneBroth »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2020, 06:57:06 AM »
Postorgasmic illness syndrome: випадок із практики

The patient was born from second pregnancy, the first ended in miscarriage a year earlier. Born on time, full-term, with great weight, with phenomena of acute perinatal lesions of the CNS with bilateral pyramidal insufficiency for which he received treatment. The condition improved from the 5th day, from the 7th day of breastfeeding discharged from supervision in satisfactory condition.

At the age of 14-15, he began to notice a deterioration in health after masturbation. The severity and duration of symptoms were significantly less. It is possible that he began to notice more symptoms due to the appearance of a permanent partner and the beginning of employment after graduation, when he began to regularly note a decrease in efficiency. The patient has a higher education, speciality "electrical engineering and electrical technology", works in shifts at the power plant.

Symptoms appear shortly after orgasm (from sex, masturbation, pollution (translation error?) or sexual arousal). Usually the duration of deterioration is 2-10 days. Mostly the patient notes apathy, fatigue, inability to concentrate ? scattered attention until the disability and inability to perform routine work, the decrease in muscle strength, difficulty in performing activities that require mental strain, hearing disorders (worse hearing of whispered speech), increased sweating, reluctance to comply with the usual load (even to go out), the subjective feeling of eye sclera change.

Examination (only listing abnormalities):

Transrectal ultrasound of the prostate - signs of diffuse changes in the prostate, ultrasound of the scrotum - signs of right varicocele. The patient is consulted by a psychoneurologist. Conclusion: asthenic syndrome. The patient is scheduled for additional examination and treatment for chronic prostatitis.

Calcium 2.54 mmol/L, reference range: 2,15-2,50 mmol/L
Serum Iron 37,3 μmol/l, reference range: 5,83-34,50  μmol/l

nanna1

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2020, 03:25:00 PM »
Arata, Kenta, et al. "Nonsteroidal anti‐inflammatory drugs are effective against postorgasmic illness syndrome: A case report." Journal of Cutaneous Immunology and Allergy (2020).

Note: Direct quotes from the linked paper are italicized.

"  A 28‐year‐old male visited our hospital due to problems he was experiencing after ejaculating. He had suffered from sweating, discomfort, fatigue, nasal discharge, headaches, and generalized erythema for several days since the first time he ejaculated at the age of 13. The symptoms were always induced after masturbation. He had no partner, had never had sexual intercourse, and experienced premature ejaculation. In addition, he had suffered from moderate atopic dermatitis (AD). Serum total IgE level was 415 IU/mL. He had been treated with antihistamines and herbal medicines for his symptoms after ejaculation, but they were ineffective. He was clinically diagnosed with postorgasmic illness syndrome (POIS), because his symptoms were consistent with the five diagnostic criteria described by Waldinger et. al. (Table S1). We performed skin prick tests (SPT) and intradermal tests (IDT) according to the methods reported previously (Jiang, Xi, Li, Yin, 2015). The SPT and IDT were conducted using autologous semen at dilutions of x1 to x1/10 000, and x1/100 to x1/10 000, respectively. It has been shown that SPT (x1 to x1/10 000) and IDT (x1/1000 and x1/10 000) reactions to autologous semen were not seen in control subjects. In our case, SPT reactions were greatly increased at dilutions of x1 to 1/100, and IDT reactions were observed at dilutions of x1/100 to 1/1000 (Table 1 and Figure S1). These reactions continued for 1‐2 days. We also measured the level of seminal fluid‐specific IgE in the patient's serum using ImmunoCAP(R), which was shown to be <0.100 UA/mL. Serum levels of antinuclear and anti‐DNA antibodies were not detected."

TABLE 1. The results of skin tests to autologous semen

"  We treated our patient with the NSAID, diclofenac 25 mg twice a day, according to a previous report (Ashby and Goldmeier, 2010). And his post‐ejaculation symptoms disappeared completely...
Skin reactions to autologous semen were reduced at 90 minutes after the oral administration of diclofenac 25 mg (Table 1 and Figure S2). Furthermore, the oral administration of celecoxib 100 mg once a day was also effective against the patient's symptoms.

In our case, no semen‐specific IgE was detected...We also found that celecoxib was as effective as diclofenac. These findings indicate that POIS could be caused by inflammatory mediators that are inhibited in the cyclooxygenase (COX) 2 pathway by the administration of these drugs.
"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 06:17:00 PM by nanna1 »

CharlesB

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2020, 05:26:05 PM »
This is great information - the Cox-2 theory fits right in with what my functional doc (who is troubleshooting this with me) thought.  The main clue was that Pepto Bismol makes my symptoms go away and Pepto inhibits Cox-2 pathways much more than Cox-1 (Celebrex listed from that article also targets Cox-2 specifically).

So the next steps were twofold:

1.) Find something natural without many side effects that targets Cox-2 specifically (Ie Devil?s Claw or White Willow).  This is for short term relief.

2.) Figure out what is causing Cox-2 disregulation upstream as a long term plan.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2020, 11:00:43 AM »
Digged out my old 23andme GeneticGenie analysis.
I think the file is more than 5 years old, this was before I associated things with orgasm (I think).

Searchability: COMT V158M rs4680, COMT H62H rs4633, VDR taq rs731236, MTHFR rs1801131 A1298C, MTRR rs1801394 A66G, MTRR rs162036 K350A, rs567754 BHMT-02, rs651852 BHMT-08, A360A

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2020, 11:03:37 AM »
The histamine theory is more about mast cell instability to be honest but here are my methylation genes.
Thanks to http://geneticgenie.org

I've made the things that are anomalies bold and those that are double mutations are underlined.

methylation analysis via gene genie.
Gene & Variation   rsID   Alleles   Result
COMT V158M   rs4680   GG   -/-
COMT H62H   rs4633   CC   -/-
COMT -61 P199P   rs769224   GG   -/-
VDR Bsm   rs1544410   CT   +/-
VDR Taq   rs731236   AG   +/-

VDR Fok I         
MAO A R297R   rs6323   T   +
ACAT1-02   rs3741049   GG   -/-
MTHFR C677T   rs1801133   AG   +/-
MTHFR 03 P39P   rs2066470   GG   -/-
MTHFR A1298C   rs1801131   GT   +/-
MTR A2756G   rs1805087   AA   -/-
MTRR A66G   rs1801394   AG   +/-
MTRR H595Y   rs10380   CT   +/-
MTRR K350A   rs162036   AG   +/-

MTRR R415T   rs2287780   CC   -/-
MTRR S275T         
MTRR A664A   rs1802059   AG   +/-
BHMT-01         
BHMT-02   rs567754   CC   -/-
BHMT-04   rs617219   AA   -/-
BHMT-08   rs651852   CT   +/-
ACHY-01   rs819147   CT   +/-
ACHY-02   rs819134   AG   +/-
ACHY-19   rs819171   CT   +/-
CBS C699T   rs234706   AG   +/-
CBS A360A   rs1801181   AG   +/-

CBS N212N   rs2298758   GG   -/-
SUOX S370S         
NOS 3 D298E         
SHMT1 C1420T   rs1979277   AG   +/-

drop247

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2020, 12:57:46 PM »
Here's mine

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:59:33 PM by drop247 »

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2020, 04:02:04 PM »
Organic Acids test - Great Plains Laboratory:

High yeast/fungal metabolites (1-8) Elevations of one or more metabolites indicate a yeast/fungal overgrowth of the
gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Prescription or natural (botanical) anti-fungals, along with supplementation of high potency
multi-strain probiotics, may reduce yeast/fungal levels.

Vanillylmandelic acid (VMA) levels (34) below the mean indicate low production and/or decreased metabolism of the
neurotransmitters norepinephrine and epinephrine. Vanillylmandelic acid is a metabolite of the neurotransmitters
norepinephrine and epinephrine. Low production of VMA can be due to decreased intake or absorption of norepinephrine ’s
and epinephrine’s precursor amino acids such as phenylalanine and/or tyrosine, decreased quantities of cofactors needed
for biosynthesis of norepinephrine and epinephrine such as tetrahydrobiopterin and vitamin B6 coenzyme or decreased
amounts of cofactors such as S-adenosylmethionine (Sam-e) needed to convert norepinephrine and epinephrine to VMA.
In addition, a number of genetic variations such as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) or mutations in MAO or
COMT genes can cause reduced production of VMA. Such SNPs are available on The Great Plains DNA methylation
pathway test which can be performed on a cheek swab. VMA values below the mean but which are much lower than HVA
values are usually due to impairment of dopamine beta hydroxylase due to Clostridia metabolites, the mold metabolite
fusaric acid, pharmaceuticals such as disulfiram, or food additives like aspartame or deficiencies of cofactors such as
vitamin C or copper. Values may be decreased in patients on monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors. Another cause for a
low VMA value is a genetic variation (single nucleotide polymorphism or SNP) of the DBH enzyme. This DBH test is now
available at The Great Plains Laboratory on blood serum. Patients with low VMA due to Clostridia metabolites or genetic
DBH deficiency should not be supplemented with phenylalanine, tyrosine, or L- DOPA.

High HVA/VMA ratio (35) the HVA/VMA ratio reflects the balance between dopamine and norepinephrine/epinephrine
production by catecholamine producing neurons in the central nervous system, sympathetic nervous system, and adrenal
gland. The most common reason for an elevation of the HVA/VMA ratio is a decreased conversion of dopamine to
norepinephrine. The enzyme responsible for this conversion, dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH), is copper and vitamin C
dependent so an elevated ratio could be due to deficiencies of these cofactors . The most common reason for this
elevated ratio is inhibition of this enzyme by Clostridia byproducts including HPHPA, 4-cresol, or 4-hydroxyphenylacetic
acid. Other causes of an increased ratio include inhibition of DBH by the mold metabolite fusaric acid, pharmaceuticals
such as disulfiram, or food additives like aspartame. Another cause for an elevated ratio is a genetic variation (single
nucleotide polymorphism or SNP) of the DBH enzyme. Alternatively, the activity of the DBH enzyme can be measured on
blood serum. Individuals with low DBH activity can be treated with the drug DroxidopaTM, which provides adequate
norepinephrine by an alternate biochemical pathway. This DBH test on blood serum is now available at The Great Plains
Laboratory. High ratios are common in a large number of neuropsychiatric diseases regardless of the reason for DBH
deficiency.

Pyridoxic acid (B6) levels below the mean (51) may be associated with less than optimum health conditions (low
intake, malabsorption, or dysbiosis). Supplementation with B6 or a multivitamin may be beneficial.
Pantothenic acid (B5) levels below the mean (52) may be associated with less than optimum health conditions.
Supplementation with B5 or a multivitamin may be beneficial.

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) levels below the mean (54) may indicate a less than optimum level of the antioxidant vitamin
C. Individuals who consume large amounts of vitamin C can still have low values if the sample is taken 12 or more hours
after intake. Supplementation with buffered vitamin C taken 2 or 3 times a day is suggested.

High 2-hydroxyisovaleric acid and/or 2-hydroxyisocaproic acid (62,65) may be due to the genetic disease MSUD
(maple syrup urine disease) or dihydrolipoyl dehydrogenase deficiency. Individuals with slight to moderate elevations may
benefit from supplementing with thiamine.* Individuals high in all MSUD metabolites and have values that exceed 20 times
the upper limit may benefit from very high doses (5-20 mg/kg/day) of thiamine.

Drew1312

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2020, 05:08:38 AM »
I have primary POIS,  20 years old

TSH 2,1 uUI/mL

TPO Antibodies 4,70 AU/mL
Tyreoglobulin Antibodies 0,80 AU/mL

Prolactin 2,3 ng/mL

Testosteron 370 dL/mL

EDIT: Vitamin D  22,4 ng/mL
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 01:01:45 PM by Drew1312 »

certainlypois2

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2020, 02:51:50 AM »
Drew, I moved your post to the discussion thread for  test results.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2695.540

mardi

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2020, 03:17:48 AM »
I have been asked to post test results related to my diagnosis of spasmophilia here. EMG exams do not result in a numerical data, but a diagram. In technical jargon, these are "doublets" or "triplets".

Attached you will find the result. The doctor's comment is in italian language, I will translate it in english:

"During the period of proximal ischemia there is, with a latency of a few seconds, spontaneous repetitive FA-type activity that promptly recedes with the cessation of the ischemic stimulus. Positive test for spasmophilia."

drop247

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »
Latest blood test and hormonal panel. To my disappointment the doctor didn't seem to think a Free Testosterone or SHBG test was required.