Author Topic: Our New RFP ( Request For Proposal) for the new study is out !  (Read 91578 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Our New RFP ( Request For Proposal) for the new study is out !
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2019, 11:59:35 AM »
We don't have to forget that also a few women also are suffering POIS?
I haven’t seen a credible case yet.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2019, 02:40:03 PM »
From the NORD researchers (thank you fernab, nanna1, et al!)

We intend to test both models (the autoimmune and autonomic/endocrine/inflammation models) as rigorously as possible. We have included the auto-immune hypothesis as (a) it is currently one of the few models that has been formally proposed and documented in the research literature, and thus any reviewer of our research would want to know why we didn’t consider it, and (b) we see evidence of POIS patients (including some on the POISCenter forum) continuing to seek treatment for a perceived auto-allergy, so there are at least some members of the community who will benefit from additional research into the model. Both for the purposes of being systematic, and to show external reviewers (and any future funders we approach to continue the research), we need to test the “standard” model against anything new we propose.

Luckily, the means by which we are testing the auto-allergy model should add no additional burden to the participants (or the research funds) as we have constructed our study to test head-to-head our hypothesized model (the autonomic/endocrine/inflammatory model) against the “standard" hypothesis (i.e., the auto-allergy model). The same measures will be used in either case - if they go one way it will support our model, and if they go the other way it will support the auto-allergy model.

Cheers
Dr L

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 03:18:05 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2019, 03:51:30 PM »
POST MOVED FROM FAMILIAR PLACE

To me, this is GREAT NEWS from the researchers!

“[We will] show...future funders we approach to continue the research...”
From: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2462.msg28805#msg28805

This is the first commitment I’ve ever seen - - in my 12 years here - - from outside POIS researchers who are willing to commit to a long term strategy to successfully get this ugly disorder of ours...possibly CURED!

:) Thank you, RESEARCH TEAM! :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:56:09 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2019, 10:59:57 PM »
Dr Nicole Prause, our POIS study co-investigator, talked to Reader's Digest about what happens in the brain during sex. Sex sex. Actual sex. And masturbation.
https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/happens-to-brain-when-have-sex/

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:39:49 PM by demografx »

fernab

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2019, 03:41:38 AM »
Dr Nicole Prause, our POIS study co-investigator, talked to Reader's Digest about what happens in the brain during sex. Sex sex. Actual sex. And masturbation.
https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/happens-to-brain-when-have-sex/

The following chemicals are mentioned on that article. All seems to be neurotransmiters, neurohormones or hormones:

Prolactine
Dopamine
Norepinefrine
Serotonin
Vasopressin
Oxytocin

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:21:45 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2019, 11:20:40 AM »
Thank you very much, fernab! Excellent extraction of some key items from the article. Pertinent to some of our forum’s investigations.

We have now moved on to the next page, so I have inserted my article posted quote. Hope that’s ok with you.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:51:06 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2019, 11:48:19 AM »

To me, this is GREAT NEWS from the researchers!

“[We will] show...future funders we approach to continue the research...”
From: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2462.msg28805#msg28805

This is the first commitment I’ve ever seen - - in my 12 years here - - from outside POIS researchers who are willing to commit to a long term strategy to successfully get this ugly disorder of ours...possibly CURED!

:) Thank you, RESEARCH TEAM! :)

fernab

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2019, 12:29:21 PM »
Thank you very much, fernab! Excellent extraction of some key items from the article. Pertinent to some of our forum’s investigations.

We have now moved on to the next page, so I have inserted my article posted quote. Hope that’s ok with you.
Perfect Demo!

devastated

« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2019, 03:13:42 PM »
Well done demo (and everyone else involved)! At last some truly hopeful news!

I was so disappointed / depressed lately that had even stopped checking the forum. After all, this year I "celebrate" 3 decades of heavy and life-ruining POIS. Following the community ever since 2007 from the Nakedscientists forum has left me perplexed more than anything else.

Is there any way for us residing in Europe to somehow assist during this process? Will there be any formal questionnaires addressed to remote POIS sufferers for example?

Thanks once again for not giving up the efforts!

Nas

« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2019, 05:16:14 PM »
From: Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome: What do we know so far?

"Further research on the reactivity of healthy men to autologous semen, the roles of neurotransmitters in POIS as well as the relationship between POIS and PE need further investigation."

First Point: The role of reactivity to semen in healthy men is necessary to discern if Waldinger's method is an objective diagnosis criteria for POIS.
"They performed a SPT and other intracutaneous tests in a patient with POIS and three healthy controls5. The results countered the immunemediated hypothesis; three healthy men without POIS showed positive skin test reactions to injection with autologous semen."

Second Point: The role of brain symptoms seem to be odd and out of place considering the immune reaction that is associated with POIS, deeper investigation on this topic could save POIS sufferers from the most debilitating aspect of POIS.

Third Point: PE also seems odd but perhaps relevant towards discerning the mysterious mechanism of POIS.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:37:34 PM by Nas »

Nas

« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2019, 07:30:11 PM »
I also want to emphasize that we're not telling the Researchers how to do their job, what ever is posted here in this forum is only a friendly reminder and almost an effort to aid the current investigation. I hope they understand this because we're 100% not as qualified as the research team! :)
It's also why I think this forum is still a community based forum and not an academic forum by all means.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 07:33:28 PM by Nas »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2019, 08:14:49 AM »
Premature ejaculation.

fernab

« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »
Ok. Thank you Demo!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2019, 08:25:11 AM »
devastated,  thanks for the compliments. Unfortunately there is no way to participate in the study itself.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 08:32:54 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2019, 11:57:52 AM »

Ok. Thank you Demo!
You’re welcome, fernab.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2019, 02:05:28 PM »
Hi Demo,

Do you know if our researchers (Tierney Lorenz and Nicole Prause) will take into account all the possible root causes for POIS commented all around this Forum? .... Like for instance the possible theory of any latent herpes virus family infection, or the use of some drugs as finasteride (5-alpha-reductase) producing an hormonal imbalance, or many others theories...?
They're most likely going to build on previous papers published on POIS, hence the title of their investigation. So don't expect them to tackle stuff we talk about in this forum, I don't even expect that they read some of the stuff on this forum.

Well, I think we should wait and see their approach. I am confident they will get major conclussions after doing this research.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2019, 02:20:59 PM »
Observer, thanks for reinforcing.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2019, 08:38:07 PM »
I’m discussing this
sometimes-delayed POIS onset of symptoms after sex
with our NORD researchers.
Thanks EVERYONE! Please see fernab’s poll!

https://tinyurl.com/y2ryobmq
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:08:40 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »
IN THE NEWS!

Innovation Crush blog: text and PODCAST
Dr. Nicole Prause (our POIS Study co-Investigator)
All Sex Everything
Apr 23, 11:06 AM

Around 25:00 on the podcast she mentions POIS and our new project briefly

https://tinyurl.com/y26xk5ks
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:30:39 PM by demografx »

Limejuice

• Administrator
POIS 2019-2020 NORD RESEARCH STUDY
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2019, 11:30:53 AM »
Thanks for the video - she sounds ready for the study! Personally I’m excited about this study! It’s been an ongoing effort for 6 years that our community has lead... the vision, planning, funding, etc. Essentially this is how we control our fate - get our own personal POIS Dr instead of seeing Drs that don’t understand or want to help.

Special thanks to those members that devote significant time and energy towards this - Demo and others!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:48:13 PM by demografx »