Poll

Do You think POIS is an immune disease or Nerological illness

Inflammatory related (complete inflammatory in the 1st place)
23 (67.6%)
Neurological (complete Mental )
3 (8.8%)
both "with no relation to each others "
2 (5.9%)
Enzyme deficiency that controll neurotransmitters and immune factors
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Allergy or neurological  (Read 41514 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Allergy or neurological
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2015, 12:41:02 PM »
I just sent an email to Dr K, cc: Dr Nan Wise, copy/pasting the above 3 posts in the body of the email.

Email Subject line: "Incorporating POIS forum posts to augment your Study".
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Outsider

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »
Hi guys, something
Is on my mind since a couple of days
One Day i was on road trip with one friend
We walked near 30 km, this Day
A biutifull sun, warm, hot weather. I was fine
Low symptomes.
The night i had an orgasm.
The next Day, I had a attack of hives.
Something strong, during one week
My doctor told me it was an allergy
And he gave me cortisone
I don't know why and of course it didn t work
It means for me
Without  sun, i woudn t have been sick,  or without orgasm, the same.
But what we did the same Day before orgasm can be worse or better and can involve some strong or less symptoms
Like with the sun, but could be, nicotin, food, Coffee.
My Last orgasm, i ate a lot of sugar from a tart and I smoked
The result, the next Day waked up lately, completly exhausted.
It sounds good to me
What do you think, guys ?
36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

But what we did the same Day before orgasm can be worse or better and can involve some strong or less symptoms

I agree with you, Outsider.  The physiologic state we are in when ejaculation occurs has an influence on the severity of the POIS symptoms.  For example, our immune state is important... if we have been eating something that triggers an immune reaction in our guts, this will amplify POIS symptoms... the sugar/fructose example that you talk about is a good example.  Another example, If you take junk food like diet soda containing aspartame as artificial sweetener, it will amplify POIS symptoms. On the other hand, if we have a very healthy diet on a regular basis, good sleep, regular exercise, avoiding any allergenic and problematic food,  POIS symptoms tend to be less in both severity and duration.  That is my experience, anyway.

In the case of psychological symptoms, if ejaculation occurs when I am already anxious, this will amplify POIS symptoms.  Emotional state just before E is also relevant for me. 

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Outsider

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 12:39:57 PM »

I agree with you, Outsider.  The physiologic state we are in when ejaculation occurs has an influence on the severity of the POIS symptoms.  For example, our immune state is important... if we have been eating something that triggers an immune reaction in our guts, this will amplify POIS symptoms... the sugar/fructose example that you talk about is a good example.  Another example, If you take junk food like diet soda containing aspartame as artificial sweetener, it will amplify POIS symptoms. On the other hand, if we have a very healthy diet on a regular basis, good sleep, regular exercise, avoiding any allergenic and problematic food,  POIS symptoms tend to be less in both severity and duration.  That is my experience, anyway.

In the case of psychological symptoms, if ejaculation occurs when I am already anxious, this will amplify POIS symptoms.  Emotional state just before E is also relevant for me.

Yes, smoking the same Day than the orgasm is pretty bad for me
I need to stop this shit It makes me sick
36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 05:55:13 PM »
I just sent an email to Dr K, cc: Dr Nan Wise, copy/pasting the [below] 3 posts in the body of the email.

Email Subject line: "Incorporating POIS forum posts to augment your Study".

Dr Nan Wise's reply:

On Jun 17, 2015, at 4:58 AM, nanwise@psychology.rutgers.edu wrote:

This is very interesting.  I will discuss this with the rest of the team!

demografx
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 06:22:04 PM »

Quote from: Colm on June 11, 2015, 03:41:25 PM

...I would assume the researchers are keeping in touch with these great
contributions on the forum here, and bringing the newest thinking into
their analysis...

I encourage you, Colm, and all,  to send an email to Barry or Dr Nan,
expressing your (Colm's) sentiments above. I think it's critical for at
least a Rutgers staffer to read/study/convey to all the POIS-Rutgers Team.

Thanks.

Report to moderator    104.172.245.112 (?)
Nearly POIS-free symptomatically, treatment consisting of daily (365
days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility,
cardiac and other risks associated with it.

30+ years of severe 4-days' POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a
business
demografx
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2015, 06:27:38 PM »

Timing is good since we are now collaborating on meaningful member
characteristics. Your postings analysis may prove an interesting part of
the study. Agree?

Report to moderator    104.172.245.112 (?)
Nearly POIS-free symptomatically, treatment consisting of daily (365
days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility,
cardiac and other risks associated with it.

30+ years of severe 4-days' POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a
business
b_jim

« Reply #40 on: Today at 01:20:42 AM »

I sincerely hope that searchers use our posts. There is more chance if a
large number of cases have the same observations.
For example whan we had 15... 20 and more Poisers improving symptoms  with
niacin.

Nan Wise, Ph.D
Certified Sex Therapist, AASECT
Assistant Research Professor, Psychology,Rutgers-Newark
Fellow, The American Psychotherapy Association
Fellow, The National Board for Clinical Hypnotherapists
Board Certified Diplomate, The American Board of Examiners in Social Work

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:03:08 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Pentrazemine

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »
To further clarify my position concerning cluster 3 and cluster 4 symptoms origin, I want to say that for me, ejaculation, not orgasm, is the trigger of the immune reaction. I believe that the neurological/brain imbalance in the brain in POIS has nothing to do with the neurotransmitters frenzy of orgasm itself, and has everything to do with ejaculation, has a trigger of the hypersensitivity reactions.  Those hypersensitivity reactions will not only produce allergy and flu-like symptoms, but also cause some specific changes in the body functioning at the metabolic level, leading to cognitive and emotional symptoms.  I have at least 2 arguments for this.  First, many POIS sufferers will get some POIS symptoms after a semen leak caused by a bowel movement, or also by pre-ejaculation emissions, as in edging.  You will agree that no O has occurred in those situations, but POIS did.  Also, you can have POIS even in the case of ejaculatory anhedonia, that means an ejaculation with no pleasure felt or anything happening in the brain during ejaculation - again, no O, but POIS symptoms. Also, POIS symptoms seems minimal in case of a "dry orgasm", that is, an O without ejaculation ( although in this last case, this is not a common occurrence, so data are few).

I feel this an important paragraph to highlight. I believe like you that ejaculation is the true trigger, and anything that builds towards that can cause a POIS symptom of varying intensity. And speaking of POIS, I actually think PEIS would be more accurate!

Everything else I'm in total agreement with, my theory is that it's something negative in the seminal fluid or the immune reaction to negative fluidity in the semen itself. 
HOWEVER...

Do you have any info on this 'minimal symptom's for dry orgasming? The only one I know who's attained a dry orgasm was Animus and he's enjoying 100% symptom-free. He reduced his prostate and snipped out his seminal vesicles.  There was also an individual who was documented on Youtube who had his testicles removed, and ejaculatory duct cauterized and is 100% symptom free, as well.

I would logically conclude that a dry orgasm would alleviate totality of symptoms since no fluids are being expelled...not just 'minimal'.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:44:27 PM by Pentrazemine »

Hoping

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 01:16:25 PM »
To further clarify my position concerning cluster 3 and cluster 4 symptoms origin, I want to say that for me, ejaculation, not orgasm, is the trigger of the immune reaction. I believe that the neurological/brain imbalance in the brain in POIS has nothing to do with the neurotransmitters frenzy of orgasm itself, and has everything to do with ejaculation, has a trigger of the hypersensitivity reactions.  Those hypersensitivity reactions will not only produce allergy and flu-like symptoms, but also cause some specific changes in the body functioning at the metabolic level, leading to cognitive and emotional symptoms.  I have at least 2 arguments for this.  First, many POIS sufferers will get some POIS symptoms after a semen leak caused by a bowel movement, or also by pre-ejaculation emissions, as in edging.  You will agree that no O has occurred in those situations, but POIS did.  Also, you can have POIS even in the case of ejaculatory anhedonia, that means an ejaculation with no pleasure felt or anything happening in the brain during ejaculation - again, no O, but POIS symptoms. Also, POIS symptoms seems minimal in case of a "dry orgasm", that is, an O without ejaculation ( although in this last case, this is not a common occurrence, so data are few).

I feel this an important paragraph to highlight. I believe like you that ejaculation is the true trigger, and anything that builds towards that can cause a POIS symptom of varying intensity. And speaking of POIS, I actually think PEIS would be more accurate!

Everything else I'm in total agreement with, my theory is that it's something negative in the seminal fluid or the immune reaction to negative fluidity in the semen itself. 
HOWEVER...

Do you have any info on this 'minimal symptom's for dry orgasming? The only one I know who's attained a dry orgasm was Animus and he's enjoying 100% symptom-free. He reduced his prostate and snipped out his seminal vesicles.  There was also an individual who was documented on Youtube who had his testicles removed, and ejaculatory duct cauterized and is 100% symptom free, as well.

I would logically conclude that a dry orgasm would alleviate totality of symptoms since no fluids are being expelled...not just 'minimal'.

Good discussion. For the record, I just wanted to clarify that I believe Animus IS the individual on the youtube documentary. One in the same.
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.