Author Topic: The Taurine laboratory  (Read 119911 times)

dizzy

Re: The Taurine laboratory
« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2018, 11:31:29 PM »
I was diagnosed with Gilbert's too.

Hi Scrub, that's interesting!

What are your symptoms?

By the way, I'm currently taking daily:
B12 (suck on a 5000mcg sublingual tablet for 30min)
Zinc (22mg) + Magnesium (glycinate, 200mg) + P5P (30mg) all at once
B5 (500mg) + B-right (Jarrow formulas)
1g taurine (3x a day)

The B12 [1], zinc [2] and taurine [3] are known to help with high bilirubin, and I feel my head "clear up" after taking them.

[1] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6041549/

[2] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15699685

[3] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20096270

PS: the liver "loves" beetroot juice, and olive oil.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:40:38 PM by dizzy »
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

swell

« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2018, 11:50:40 PM »
one of my POIS skin symptom is pale skin, another is facial nerve weakness.  I have been taking betroot juice since a month, and overall view it as a very slight positive on health, but no earth shaking, glutathione eliminated my pois for about 14 days to a month, but now that helps only mildly, but still helps.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:54:11 PM by swell »
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

b_jim

« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2018, 04:50:54 PM »
I have jaundice too !
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

dizzy

« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »
@b_jim,

Ok, we might be on to something here :)

Did you have your bilirubin levels tested?

I've found some information on this website (but it seems to be not maintained):
http://www.gilbertssyndrome.com/

It mentions a lot of possible symptoms (including all the ones I have), but not POIS.

And there is a whole list of possible approaches to Gilbert's syndrome here, not sure where to start:
http://www.gilbertssyndrome.com/thingsthathelp.php

Another possible useful website:
http://www.gilbertssyndrome.org.uk/2011/08/detoxification-what-is-it/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:27:57 PM by dizzy »
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2018, 09:49:56 AM »
Guys, read a litle about liver detox fases, could be genetic feilure in liwer enzayms.
Removing fluoride could help for yaundice if it is involwed in disturbing enzaym in liver.
Liwer abnormalitys could be inwolwed in some poisers.
Dr-pois.

Scrub

« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2018, 11:14:45 AM »
I was diagnosed with Gilbert's too.

Hi Scrub, that's interesting!

What are your symptoms?

By the way, I'm currently taking daily:
B12 (suck on a 5000mcg sublingual tablet for 30min)
Zinc (22mg) + Magnesium (glycinate, 200mg) + P5P (30mg) all at once
B5 (500mg) + B-right (Jarrow formulas)
1g taurine (3x a day)

The B12 [1], zinc [2] and taurine [3] are known to help with high bilirubin, and I feel my head "clear up" after taking them.

[1] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6041549/

[2] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15699685

[3] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20096270

PS: the liver "loves" beetroot juice, and olive oil.

Gibert's symptoms?

High billirubin in blood tests, an sometimes, under stressful situations, my eyes or skin can get a yellowish tone.

dizzy

« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »
@Scrub,

Ok, but I meant POIS symptoms ;)

By the way, I found an interesting piece about people who have not Gilbert's, but a more serious version called Crigler-Najjar, where bilirubin cannot be broken down at all. This shows that bilirubin has some nasty toxic effects, and I'm guessing that similar effects can play a role with Gilbert's (albeit in more subtle form).

https://www.foxnews.com/story/blue-light-aids-sick-amish-mennonite-children

Some time ago I bought a blacklight (UVA light), and it gives me some relief, and perhaps the UVA light is similar to the blue light. I'm now thinking of also buying a blue lamp (I found a medical article where they used 470nm wavelength LEDs to address bilirubin). By the way, the specialized lamps are called "bili lights", and are mostly used for babies who have problems starting up their liver function and converting bilirubin.

Scrub

« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2018, 04:22:53 PM »
@Scrub,

Ok, but I meant POIS symptoms ;)

By the way, I found an interesting piece about people who have not Gilbert's, but a more serious version called Crigler-Najjar, where bilirubin cannot be broken down at all. This shows that bilirubin has some nasty toxic effects, and I'm guessing that similar effects can play a role with Gilbert's (albeit in more subtle form).

https://www.foxnews.com/story/blue-light-aids-sick-amish-mennonite-children

Some time ago I bought a blacklight (UVA light), and it gives me some relief, and perhaps the UVA light is similar to the blue light. I'm now thinking of also buying a blue lamp (I found a medical article where they used 470nm wavelength LEDs to address bilirubin). By the way, the specialized lamps are called "bili lights", and are mostly used for babies who have problems starting up their liver function and converting bilirubin.

-Neurologic/Psychiatric (mainly): Brain fog, short term memory dysfunction, difficulty with recalling words, anxiety, depression, anhedonia, mood swings, lack of concentration.
-Physical: Fatigue, tiredness, increased urination and increased hunger.

Sometimes nausea too.

dizzy

« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »
-Neurologic/Psychiatric (mainly): Brain fog, short term memory dysfunction, difficulty with recalling words, anxiety, depression, anhedonia, mood swings, lack of concentration.

Sometimes nausea too.

All sounds familiar to me, except for the memory dysfunction, lack of concentration and nausea.

How is taurine working for you? What doses did you try and does it help?
Also, did you try zinc?

Scrub

« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2018, 08:26:02 PM »

Sometimes nausea too.

All sounds familiar to me, except for the memory dysfunction, lack of concentration and nausea.

How is taurine working for you? What doses did you try and does it help?
Also, did you try zinc?

Taurine effect on POIS for me is kinda low. I tried it with a daily intake of 1g. I stopped taking it since last week.

I tried Zinc too without a noticeable success, I need to update my thread, but right now I think I've found the key to keep POIS under control, polyphenols and flavonoids seems to do wonders for POIS prevention and treatment.

dizzy

« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »
Taurine effect on POIS for me is kinda low. I tried it with a daily intake of 1g. I stopped taking it since last week.

I tried Zinc too without a noticeable success, I need to update my thread, but right now I think I've found the key to keep POIS under control, polyphenols and flavonoids seems to do wonders for POIS prevention and treatment.

Well, good to hear that you have things under control now.

Regarding polyphenols and flavonoids, that sounds interesting, what are you taking specifically? Are you taking them as unprocessed foods, or as supplements?

Scrub

« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2018, 11:28:39 AM »

Well, good to hear that you have things under control now.

Regarding polyphenols and flavonoids, that sounds interesting, what are you taking specifically? Are you taking them as unprocessed foods, or as supplements?

My most successful attempts to prevent and fix POIS have been so far by adding antioxidant supplements and rich foods into my diet such as:

-Green Tea
-Chamomile Tea
-Resveratrol supplements
-Diosmin and Hesperidin supplements
-Fenugreek tea

b_jim

« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2018, 07:31:57 AM »
There is non-sientific technique for women called Derivative Bath. The goal is to refresh the perineum with cold pocket. For men with fertility problems, it's recommended to refresh the testicles.
If Pois is a real inflammation condition, why not give a try.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

dizzy

« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2018, 01:55:41 PM »
My most successful attempts to prevent and fix POIS have been so far by adding antioxidant supplements and rich foods into my diet such as:

Thanks! I might try that once I'm finished studying taurine, and my liver condition.

b_jim

« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2018, 10:56:31 AM »
After 2 months of tests, I recommand 500mg of L-Tyrosine 30min before ejaculation for this symptom :
- restless legs syndrome
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2018, 11:22:43 PM »
I still have Taurine. But I will not use it for a while. Because I read this: ‘Taurine may increase Histamine levels within the Hippocampus.’ Maybe when my histamine problem is fixed I will give it a try.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2019, 12:10:35 PM »

Taurine Molecule
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2019, 12:28:02 PM »
Recent studies shows taurine defiency explains male infertility

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180511102357.htm

Maybe since the beggining of my life I had difficut to produce taurine and my levels crashed after puberty and ejaculation...
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2019, 12:30:33 PM »
Very interesting, b_jim!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2019, 12:36:51 PM »
Oct 22, 2018 · Researchers at The University of Western Australia (UWA) have been awarded close to $490,000 from two organizations to explore the potential use of an amino acid called taurine as a treatment for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). Duchenne UK granted £273,648 (approximate...

https://tinyurl.com/y548khcf
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:44:02 PM by demografx »