Author Topic: NORD Research Grant  (Read 136381 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: NORD Research Grant
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2011, 12:13:20 AM »
Hurray, Daveman!

Bruce Willis can't hold a candle to you!

Congrats also to all of us!

We deserve it!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2011, 10:36:22 AM »
"Thanks for your input.

Thank you for your donation!  Your generosity will help us provide vital programs and services for the nearly 30 million Americans affected by rare diseases."

I just made a 100,00 $ donation to the NORD for POIS  :)   
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »

[From NORD:]"Thanks for your input.

Thank you for your donation!  Your generosity will help us provide vital programs and services for the nearly 30 million Americans affected by rare diseases."

I just made a $100.00 donation to NORD for POIS   :)

Habibou, thank you very much!!!

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
It is normal Demo  :) I wish we all could give that little to make a real difference at the end ! And it seems to rise anyways.
Congratulations for the POIS donation mail ! It is sure it will help  :)
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2011, 11:41:49 PM »
POIS Donor Database System (PDDS)

You may have just noticed an email appeal in your inbox from us.

This is the culmination - AND beginning - of a database marketing system that has been months in the making, and has finally been LAUNCHED!

The database includes 326 known POIS sufferers, going back as far as 2007, to the beginnings of POIS forums. But it also includes survey respondents from Counterpoints' research survey, and members of this forum as well as the Naked Science Forum.

Apart from my modest contribution, let's all give a big, warm congratulations to The PDDS Team:

Daveman

Martin88

rock27

nordnurse (a/k/a Stefanie from NORD)

This is a major event for us, as we now have a database system in place as sophisticated as any MAJOR fundraiser I've ever worked with, such as Amnesty International, CARE, and March of DIMES.

This is an ongoing effort and will include donor campaigns, newsletters, and much more, so stay tuned!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:53:44 PM by demografx »

B_Daniel

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2011, 12:31:10 AM »
The email that went out to everyone was superb!  Fantastic work everyone!  Let's now hope all 300 members give something  :D 

Stef

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2011, 10:20:52 AM »
Hello All,

There is one note of major clarification needed regarding the post by Demografx about the email appeal.

"Apart from my modest contribution, let's all give a big, warm congratulations to The PDDS Team..."

FYI, there was nothing MODEST about Demo's contibution. not even slightly modest about his contribution.  He was full steam ahead on this -- totally involved and a major driving force!

That's Demografx -- never wishing to take the limelight and always boosting up the others.

We won't let him get away with it!!! :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »

nordnurse, you're making me blush, but THANK YOU !!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »

You can put me down to pledge $500.

Green, thank you!!!

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »
Is there a possibility to get in touch with Dr Waldinger s POIS patients? to get them into the forum and also to warn them about the NORD funds.

omen

« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2011, 11:29:42 AM »
i wish some billionaire in this world already has POIS and he reads this forum and donates all the money needed for the NORD research in 1 shot....

B_Daniel

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »
i wish some billionaire in this world already has POIS and he reads this forum and donates all the money needed for the NORD research in 1 shot....

Haha that would be great!  But there are about 1,000 billionaires in the world.  So what's that?  About .00001% if my math is right.  And then about 1% or less of the population has POIS.  So the odds of someone with pois ALSO being a billionaire... not so high  :P.  

Nope, I think we're gonna have to all pull together and fund this research ourselves.  The good news is that the goal is very attainable!  With everyone giving what they can, we can totally do this!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:10:36 AM by B_Daniel »

B_Daniel

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2011, 12:26:12 AM »
So the pace of donations has been slowing lately.   To combat this, daveman and jivetalk came up with the idea of enticing ppl to donate through a gift for donating.  What do ya'll think of the idea of a Dr. Waldinger signed copy of his Jan 2011 Published Study for anyone making a donation of $100 and up?

Just to say it, the potential issues with this are:
1.) Would Dr. W. be willing to do that for us?   
2.) How would we know who donated - people telling me via PM?  That works, just not very efficiently.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
Something like that could be interesting B_D!

I'm sure the details could be worked out.

I have a feeling that a Dr. Waldinger signature is out, but there could be many other interesting themes that could interest our donors. Maybe we could get Demo to lend his signature!

As mentioned earlier, no-one is really going to want to explain the meaning of many of the ideas we could put on a T-Shirt. But we might find something like "I Support Great Sex", or "Big O, V2.0".

Anybody have any ideas?
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

B_Daniel

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »
As mentioned earlier, no-one is really going to want to explain the meaning of many of the ideas we could put on a T-Shirt. But we might find something like "I Support Great Sex", or "Big O, V2.0".

Anybody have any ideas?

I like the ideas!  I'm on a pois day so I won't be contributing creatively for a few days  :(