Author Topic: Reduction of POIS through sport  (Read 30842 times)

staypositive

Re: Reduction of POIS through sport
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
Hi Sameer, my blood tests have never shown any lack of magnesium, either, but taking an Mg supplement helps me with the POIS (or when I am very tired nervously) and it's not harmful to take more than your daily value if you don't exagerate (I take 600mg max).

Keep up the cardio, Staypositive! I go to the gym, too, but I start every session with about 15 min of biking at about 155 bpm (I am 36). I also bike to work a couple times a week (20 min).

Just wondering, when you do your exercises do you sweat very much/fast? I mean the days after your orgasm. Happens quite often for me in those days, but not the case when I don't have an orgasmn the days before. Well, I sweat very fast in general for no reason.

The reason why I don't do cardio is because I would lose too much weight and that is kinda counterproductive when bodybuilding. And bodybuilding made me realize how much power I have, I'd had never expected to lift so much weight when I first started. Awesome feeling!

The only thing I fear is that I might get a heartattack. I often go over my limit when I do my exercises while im ill, dunno if that is good for my heart.
Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Dav

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 04:40:14 PM »
Staypositive, no I don't see a difference in my sweating between days after an orgasm and without an orgasm. I don't sweat much in general, though. At the gym, I start sweating a little bit after 10 min of mild to intense biking.

You won't lose much weight if you do 10-15 min of cardio before your weight lifting (I don't want to lose weight myself). And if you lose any weight it will be from fat, not muscle. Besides the fact that it may help you with your POIS, cardio is a good workout for your heart but also for your legs (biking, running) or your back (rowing). Training your heart is very important, and definitely you shouldn't go over limits too much, whether you're ill or not.

Nightingale

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 07:24:11 PM »
Cardio helps pretty good against my pois symptoms unlike bodybuilding. I feel exhausted after a cardio session but feel better throughout the day and the following days and reduces the symptomes by 1-2days.

But I prefer bodybuilding tho - gainz 4 life

I'm a certified personal trainer, I could help shed some light here. I too feel SO much better after high intensity cardio. A big reason I am a trainer is because I turned what helped me feel better from POIS into my career. HIIT cardio (High Intensity Interval Training) is the BEST approach to cardio for those who are committed to hypertrophy (lean muscle gain). Send me a PM if you want some more info on it. It's become very accepted and common in the training/fitness community.  I also like to have muscle and was scared to lose it through cardio, but I have gained muscle and improved my cardiac function greatly at the same time! I'm an avid cyclist/mountain biker, but I am happy when I look in the mirror too!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Prancer

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 08:55:21 PM »
Physical activity is very good for POIS symptoms! Even though my symptoms aren't reduced as much from physical exertion as they are with time and sleep, it still feels amazing to move around. Staying still is terrible for symptoms, especially cognitive, in my own experience. So yes, reduction of POIS through sport? Absolutely! :]

superfrancais

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 04:39:42 AM »
[...] So yes, reduction of POIS through sport? Absolutely! :]

It could be the case for me as well. Every effort, either physical or mental, is difficult for me and I have to make frequent breaks. But I noticed that for playing tennis (my passion) I always have energy (it's actually an issue with my girlfriend who sees this paradox as a proof of me not being really sick).

For a long time I just thought that I love tennis so much that it made me overcome my symptoms. But now, with what I read in this thread, I start believing sport could actually have some positive effects on the symptoms.
20 years of both mental and physical symptoms after love, chronic fatigue and depression even with abstinence, French (Lyon)

Colm

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
For what it is worth, I have just come back from the local football pitch, after doing some short sprints (for cardio and oxygen).

Without regular exercise, combined with diet, some supplements and various lifestyle changes, I would not be able to function at the 30-50 percent functioning I normally manage to achieve (outside of POIS 3 day downturn).

I sincerely encourage POISers in running, cycling, team sports and/or gym work. It doesn't have to be a lot of any, just regular short amounts 3 or more times per week. Good luck and give it a go !
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:36:18 PM by Colm »

BluesBrother

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 01:48:11 PM »
I have been a semi-professional sportsmen in my teenage years (from age 11 to 16). At that time I did not suffer from POIS symptoms - in fact, I would never have been able to do sports at the level I did, had I had POIS. My symptoms only started after I had reduced my physical activity to a more leisurely level. I have no idea whether there is any connection between me stopping to do sports intensely and the occurrence of my symptoms. I remember that - after having stopped with sports at a semiprofessional level - I would usually do some sports right after having masturbated, because it somehow made me feel better. I cannot quite recall whether I had POIS symptoms back then.

Today, I feel much better when doing sports (Nowadays I do HIIT 2-3 times a week for about 45 minutes) - and I also have the impression that my symptoms are less severe.
Used to have brain fog, flue-like symptoms, un-refreshing sleep, extreme exhaustion, muscle and joint pain, digestive problems, social anxiety, urge to urinate frequently.
Used niacin in the past. Now using nanna1's maintenance stack. Exhaustion and brain fog now main problem. 3-day POIS cycle

Dav

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »
So many interesting contributions!

Nightingale, I did HIIT a few times in the last couple of months (20 min of biking at the gym), but at the end I was so exhausted, and my heart was beating so fast (over 160), that I couldn't pursue on with my hour of weight lifting. Would you recommend that I sometimes do the HIIT for a longer period of time, without the subsequent weight lifting?... I read that HIIT was great for people who want to lose weight, though (that's not me), because of the high intensity and because you continue burning calories hours after the exercise is over. You seem to have had a different experience, however. BluesBrother, have you been losing or gaining weight with HIIT?

It's interesting to note that sports seem to have helped at least a few of us with their POIS. BluesBrother, from what you said I understand that your POIS symptoms appeared after you stopped doing sports at a semiprofessional level. Several in this forum have reported that their symptoms started at around age 16-17 (I think it was around 20 for me), though, which is the age you quit semiprofessional-level sports... So, I would say that it was probably just a coincidence, but I guess I could be wrong.

Now that we have established that sports help at least a few of us in a significant, positive way, I would be very curious to know why and how! Is POIS weaker if your heart is stronger? Does it have to do with oxygen circulation, or the release of hormones or other substances during physical activities that would prevent the symptoms to appear? In my case, the combination sports/fenugreek has been a good one. What do fenugreek (or niacin) and sports have in common in terms of physiological effects?

To those who have said POIS tire them too much to engage in physical activities, I would suggest to try to sleep better (as Prancer noted, sleep is also important!) while refraining from ejaculating for a while. Then start doing some cardio 15 min a day. You will feel definitely better. After 2-3 weeks of that you can try having an O and see if the cardio has had a beneficial impact over your symptoms. It much harder to do the cardio when in POIS, so you have to initiate a virtuous circle, first. Also, don't forget to drink a lot of water! it enables your body to function better at all levels.

Cheers

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:00:22 PM by Dav »

BluesBrother

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 03:03:51 PM »
BluesBrother, have you been losing or gaining weight with HIIT?

Little change so far - too early to tell (I'm only doing it since a short while - did endurance training before).

BluesBrother, from what you said I understand that your POIS symptoms appeared after you stopped doing sports at a semiprofessional level. Several in this forum have reported that their symptoms started at around age 16-17 (I think it was around 20 for me), though, which is the age you quit semiprofessional-level sports... So, I would say that it was probably just a coincidence, but I guess I could be wrong.

Yes, it is very possible that this is a coincidence.
Used to have brain fog, flue-like symptoms, un-refreshing sleep, extreme exhaustion, muscle and joint pain, digestive problems, social anxiety, urge to urinate frequently.
Used niacin in the past. Now using nanna1's maintenance stack. Exhaustion and brain fog now main problem. 3-day POIS cycle

Outsider

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 09:03:15 AM »
So many interesting contributions!

Nightingale, I did HIIT a few times in the last couple of months (20 min of biking at the gym), but at the end I was so exhausted, and my heart was beating so fast (over 160), that I couldn't pursue on with my hour of weight lifting. Would you recommend that I sometimes do the HIIT for a longer period of time, without the subsequent weight lifting?... I read that HIIT was great for people who want to lose weight, though (that's not me), because of the high intensity and because you continue burning calories hours after the exercise is over. You seem to have had a different experience, however. BluesBrother, have you been losing or gaining weight with HIIT?

It's interesting to note that sports seem to have helped at least a few of us with their POIS. BluesBrother, from what you said I understand that your POIS symptoms appeared after you stopped doing sports at a semiprofessional level. Several in this forum have reported that their symptoms started at around age 16-17 (I think it was around 20 for me), though, which is the age you quit semiprofessional-level sports... So, I would say that it was probably just a coincidence, but I guess I could be wrong.

Now that we have established that sports help at least a few of us in a significant, positive way, I would be very curious to know why and how! Is POIS weaker if your heart is stronger? Does it have to do with oxygen circulation, or the release of hormones or other substances during physical activities that would prevent the symptoms to appear? In my case, the combination sports/fenugreek has been a good one. What do fenugreek (or niacin) and sports have in common in terms of physiological effects?

To those who have said POIS tire them too much to engage in physical activities, I would suggest to try to sleep better (as Prancer noted, sleep is also important!) while refraining from ejaculating for a while. Then start doing some cardio 15 min a day. You will feel definitely better. After 2-3 weeks of that you can try having an O and see if the cardio has had a beneficial impact over your symptoms. It much harder to do the cardio when in POIS, so you have to initiate a virtuous circle, first. Also, don't forget to drink a lot of water! it enables your body to function better at all levels.

Cheers

Coucou dav http://poiscenter.com/forums/Themes/babylon/images/post/cheesy.gif
excellente nouvelle, content que tu ailles mieux
ca donne du courage pour la suite

36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical

DmxDex

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 08:44:30 AM »
Does everyone with POIS check for the basics like hormonal issues, digestive disorders, heavy metal poising, and amino acid level checks? If everyone on these boards could get everything checked maybe a pattern will emerge. This could be more simple than what it's made out to be.

Raj

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »
Cardio helps pretty good against my pois symptoms unlike bodybuilding. I feel exhausted after a cardio session but feel better throughout the day and the following days and reduces the symptomes by 1-2days.

But I prefer bodybuilding tho - gainz 4 life

Hello staypositive, how does cardio work for you? Do you feel less exhausted / fatigued the rest of the day? Which symptoms does it work against? Please eleborate. For me, any kind of exercise works. But, currently, I lack stamina for doing cardio. Somehow, I manage to train with weights (bodybuilding = gains, lol) & it works wonders for me. Although, I become extremely exhausted immediately after workout, how I feel afterwards (the rest of the day) is absolutely worth it. 70-80% of my symptoms are diminished. I know, cardio will definitely work, even better than weight training. But unfortunately, I'm not able to do it at the moment (due to lack of stamina). I can do 150 kg deadlift or 100 kg benchpress, but can't do cardio. Don't you think, that's weird? Even after walking 5 mins on treadmill, my heart rate jumps insanely. But the bad news is, I can't avoid cardio anymore, not because I want to reduce symptoms, because I got to lose weight. Any suggestion regarding this?

Raj

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 06:19:36 AM »
but a person in pois its very hard to do sports and cardio !!!

That's the point, Sameer! :'(