Author Topic: Nocturnal Emissions (NE's)  (Read 26428 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:03:23 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Ccconfucius

Re: Nocturnal Emissions (NE's)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
Personally i am have been working on stoping NE and sex dreams( dreams about sex that cause POIS)
I know defysnc has a method but i dont think that method will stop sex dreams but i plan on trying it in the future.
Martin88 has tried an extreme diet that works
A old paper that suggest some ideas to preventing NE's

Methods i have tried but didnt work.
-sleeping with a bed that has a hole
- sleeping on my stomach in big pants and preventing myself from moving from that poistion
- sleeping on couch dosent work, you eventually move around.

Methods i plan to use
sleep on side
- i am using the full body pillow called snoggle that keeps me on my side but if my legs can move it will not stop me from switching to sleeping on my back
- i need help figuring out a way to keep leg in place during the night

Rapaflo; hoping since rapaflo can stop semen leakage i wouldnt have to worry about NEs at all.

Hopefully those with NE problems can come together and brain storm ways to stop them.
I get mine pretty much every week.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »
For me, like Demo, the growing older method works,  although that method has it's side effects.  ;D

Fortunately when I had NE's my POIS hadn't started yet! As a matter of fact, I went through a period of lucid dreaming where at times I would seek out sexual adventures.

But I really feel for you all now! If I had an NE once a week, there'd be no "normal sex" for me. I even avoid masturbation, because that means I'd have to give up the real thing with the wifey!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:19:30 PM by Daveman »
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »

Rapaflo; hoping since rapaflo can stop semen leakage i wouldnt have to worry about NEs at all.

Hopefully those with NE problems can come together and brain storm ways to stop them.

Sorry what's Rapaflo? Had we talked about that on the NSF?

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:53:35 PM »

Sorry what's Rapaflo? Had we talked about that on the NSF?

american brand name for silodosin.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »
I haven't had one in years -- the last time was when I was ~18 and away at a camp for a month.

I can never restrain myself from sex or masturbation long enough tot have them, I suppose. 2 weeks is my absolute maximum.

I suppose that I should be glad that my sex drive is so low that I don't get them more often.

Sometimes, I have erotic dreams which lead to leakage + minor POIS effects, but that's it.

you got to try to see if you can go more than two weeks, just to see the limit before an NE.
in the past i went a month before an NE and the NE happend the day before my trip with frat brothers.
i was so pissed ruined my trip.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 06:07:10 AM »
My gut feeling is that Silodosin could be an excellent medication for preventing NEs - if it can stop me having a wide-awake, full-on O, it might be just the thing for NEs. Beware the fatigue symptoms that I suffered though - and of course only take under proper medical supervision.

b_jim

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 02:04:40 AM »
NE is not really a problem, in my case. I think the males may have 2-3 ejaculations a week at least. Lot of us can't reach this number. So, we have more erotic dreams to balance it and then NE. It sounds strange to have NE after 20, 25, 30 or more but it's logical. Since 2008, I can have 1 or 2 orgasm a week and I din't have NE. Before, I sometimes have 3 or 4 weeks of abstinence (max 7 weeks) and often the abstinence was breaked by NE.
So I don't have problem with NE.

Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:44:48 AM »
No, I don't suffer from NEs myself unless I go for a very long time without O. Everybody gets them eventually, even Buddhist monks!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:14 AM »
Namaste!  :D

Ccconfucius

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »
No, I don't suffer from NEs myself unless I go for a very long time without O. Everybody gets them eventually, even Buddhist monks!

"No Monk's the body suppose to somehow reabosorb the sperm", that dosent make any kind of sense

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
Is it worth to start taking Cipramil/Celexa to stop the nocturnal emissions?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:50:09 AM by Starsky »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 08:09:59 AM »
Didn't find much on NSF, as I indicagted over there. The little that I saw over there was fairly negative, that it didn't do much.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 09:44:01 AM »
on controlling NE's i now belive if you cut calories and have severly reduce water and food at dinner time you will reduce NE, i just noticed i have not had any NE's since i have been trying to loose weight again. I will keep trying this for a while to see what happens.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »
At least it's giving you a break and a good reason to maintain your diet.

Good luck!

Ccconfucius

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »
i looking for a way to help those who have problems with nocturnal emissions with niacin. i have noticed the chances for NE skyrocket on the 4th day without orgasm and the chances increase everyday after after that.  We can start using niacin right when we go to sleep to see if it blocks the effects of NEs.
am thinking 150mg right when i go to sleep and if i wake up in the middle of the night another 150mg (i have 10hrs sleep days to make up for days i didnt get enough sleep) so i dose might not be enough.   If it dose work and we heal, we start a pattern of having orgasm every four days to stay normal and keep nes away.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 07:26:51 PM »
Yeah, the last sentence makes the most sense.

If those who have NE problems have orgasm once every three or four days, they should have much fewer NEs, and it shouldn't be necesary to take a preventitive dose every day to assure that you don't suffer IF you have an NE.

Taking every day will raise the flush threshold, and before long you'll need to take a large amount just to prevent.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 09:10:08 PM »
i looking for a way to help those who have problems with nocturnal emissions with niacin. i have noticed the chances for NE skyrocket on the 4th day without orgasm and the chances increase everyday after after that.  We can start using niacin right when we go to sleep to see if it blocks the effects of NEs.
am thinking 150mg right when i go to sleep and if i wake up in the middle of the night another 150mg (i have 10hrs sleep days to make up for days i didnt get enough sleep) so i dose might not be enough.   If it dose work and we heal, we start a pattern of having orgasm every four days to stay normal and keep nes away.

I am re - writting sounds confusing.   

If you are always in pois because NES, start using niacin at night riight before going to sleep, so when you do have an NE it wont cause pois.  But inorder to prevent you from using it for a whole week ( or as long as it takes you to recover if it is over a week) start taking niacin four days after your orgasm until you heal when you do heal have an orgasm with niacin to prevent pois.   Wait four days without niacin and have an orgasm using niacin on the fourth day. That way you are not uisng niacin everyday and reducing your chances of NEs. 

*  The reason why i use four days is because that is when i start having NEs after orgasm.

MrMoonJr

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »
Taking Niacin is a really good idea. I have NE every Three Weeks. Im 19 so its really really <<<< hard for me to abstain but everytime I think about POIS symptoms I cringe and get afraid ): So if you are saying.. chances for a "wet dream" happen exponentially more after the fourth day, then would it be harmful to take a pill every night before you go to bed, after the third day without O?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »
Probably the best is to take the niacin on the third or fourth day AND have an orgasm. POIS is reduced a lot by the niacin, and also doesn't last as long. But having an orgasm every 3 or 4 days should reduce the NEs to almost zero.

If you take the niacin every day (after the 3rd day) you may be prepared for the NE but you stand to reduce you sensitivity to the niacin by taking more. You would probably have to increase the dosage the more you take, which can get hard on the liver.

It would be better to have your orgasm in a controlled fashion, just after taking the niacin, thereby reducing the risk of having an NE.