Author Topic: POIS similarities to parents or can POIS be inheritance ?  (Read 5612 times)

Chris

POIS similarities to parents or can POIS be inheritance ?
« on: September 04, 2013, 01:43:20 AM »
Thats a questinon i 've been asking myself for some time now since i realised i have this disorder.I was actually paying attention to my mother and
i noticed that many times she's being very clumsy ,struggling to express herself and generally a behavior that reminds me and POIS.It might be a
coincedence but arent there any chances that our disorder may have a connection with our parents or even be inheritance ?

poisioq

Re: POIS similarities to parents or can POIS be inheritance ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
I noticed the same things on my mother

Chris

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 02:36:15 AM »
Thats very interesting to hear.To be honest observing my mon and seeing her sometimes acting POIS similar makes me wonder if this is something that was transmitted by her and i mean POIS.
But i cant be sure,its just an enstict and a hypothesis..

Clycos

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 03:43:58 AM »
Same here, my grandfather as well..

Chris

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
My mother's main suspicious and POIS similar behaviors (at least to me) are :
Clumsiness
Constantly forgeting things
Speaking mistakes(Which is obviously thinking mistakes) e.g.Like not using the right words that you want & or needed in your speech.
Initiative lackness
Lack of creativity
Mostly cognitive problems that are very similar to mine which are also mostly cognitive.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:04:31 AM by Chris18 »

MrVat7

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »
Yes I also feel the same, Have noticed POIS behavior cycle  in my parents.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 02:20:20 PM »
Same for my mother. This is so recognizable. But I don't think she got POIS (she experiences a vaginal burning sensation upon contact with sperm inside it). There could be a shared factor at play here. She also got pollen allergies.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 02:26:34 PM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 04:02:40 PM »
Parents passed long before I knew I had POIS. Two adult sons have no POIS.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Hopeoneday

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 08:03:05 PM »
Yes,  same for my  mother to.(severe alergies, severe autoimunity isues..artritis ,
hashimoto...)
Dr-pois.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 06:56:44 AM »
Yes,  same for my  mother to.(severe alergies, severe autoimunity isues..artritis ,
hashimoto...)
Hashimoto's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashimoto%27s_thyroiditis#Pathophysiology

''Activation of cytotoxic T-lymphocytes (CD8+ T-cells) in response to cell-mediated immune response affected by helper T-lymphocytes (CD4+ T-cells) is central to thyrocyte destruction. As is characteristic of type IV hypersensitivities, recruitment of macrophages is another effect of the helper T-lymphocyte activation, with Th1 axis lymphocytes producing inflammatory cytokines within thyroid tissue to further macrophage activation and migration into the thyroid gland for direct effect.

Histologically, the hypersensitivity is seen as diffuse parenchymal infiltration by lymphocytes, particularly plasma B-cells...''

Perhaps this could explain cold attacks in POIS. Also the thyroid discussions on this forum could be related to these mechanisms instead of hormone imbalances (maybe it could lead to imbalances but this isn't the cause).

Your mother got Hashimoto's which is probably Th1 mediated. I got elevated Th1 cytokine levels. You have a lot in common with my symptoms which led mo to think you might be Th1 polarized as well. There are a few people here one this forum who have strong overlaps, it's like there are pois subgroups.

They are also mentioning plasma B cells which are the main producers of IgG4. I got the combination of Th1 polarization and elevated IgG4. I wonder if there is any plasma cell infiltration in the body. I got some redness in the vicinity of the stomach but they don't check histologically what it actually is. It could be infiltration of a particular cell type which responds to food. I wonder if something similar happens in the genitourinary system leading to POIS.

We have a guy on the forum with Sjogren's where they found lymphocyte infitration around glands. I wonder if POIS is a chemotactic response, meaning it will signal lymphocytes to infiltrate tissue.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:07:31 AM by Muon »

Moses

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »
My mother always had difficulty with memory, confusion when meeting people, etc., and her father was the same.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 10:29:20 AM »
Perhaps impaired bloodflow to the brain. I'm not surprised when these women are experiencing heavy calves/legs (blood pooling), at least my mother does. Cardiovascular blood propulsion (what's the technical name for this?) might be off leading to dysfunction or impairment of brain functions.

And does this make you more susceptible to infection if this happens over a long period like when it's a chronic problem.
Decreased Volumetric bloodflow rate (m^3/s) ---> Decreased volumetric rate of immune cells--->higher susceptibility to infection?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:16:23 AM by Muon »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 04:20:22 PM »
On up replay, Muon, yes autoimune patophysiology is involved and type IV hypersensitivities to , she have Sjogren's too.
Dr-pois.

Disaster

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2019, 08:09:29 PM »
On up replay, Muon, yes autoimune patophysiology is involved and type IV hypersensitivities to , she have Sjogren's too.

I have Sjogren?s but no one else in my family does
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.