Author Topic: Official Desensitization plan Begins!  (Read 213805 times)

Vandemolen

Re: The Desensitization plan Begins!
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »
vandemolen when you get your allergy shots you dont get like red marks on your arm like during the intradermal test.
The red spots at the skin pr.ick test were 3 times smaller than at the desensitization.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: The Desensitization plan Begins!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 05:34:21 PM »
By the way you can say prick prick prick here!

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Habibou

• Lab1
Re: Official Desensitization plan Begins!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 09:04:26 AM »
Does Any Body else tried to contact Labs which could practice Intra-Lymphatic Injections?  :)
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

Vandemolen

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
Today I had another injection for the desensitization. Normally the dilution of the semen is 1/10.000. But this time I had 1/1.000. Normally 1/1.000 is reached after 5 months. The doctor said that the chance of chance of complications is the biggest in the first months. But they had a good research and that's why it was possible for me to go to 1/1.000. After 3 years the dilution is 1/20.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:45 AM »
Welcome back from your vacation!

Was/is there any effect form the procedure?
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Vandemolen

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 04:39:56 PM »
Thanks.
No effect yet. The effect starts after 1 year. So in my case maybe after 7 months from now.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »
Ahh OK,

I was refering to POIS symptom type effects after the procedure :-)

Or maybe you can't tell because you're in POIS from collecting the sample.

Vandemolen

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »
I was already in POIS.

But I could feel the injection more now. And the red spot stayed there for more than 10 hours.

I am in bad POIS now. Don't think it's because the injection. But it's because I waited too long for the O. If you know what I mean. And on day 2 of POS I had another O. I shouldn't do that anymore. It's not wise to have an O. during POIS.

Hoping

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
I was already in POIS.

But I could feel the injection more now. And the red spot stayed there for more than 10 hours.

I am in bad POIS now. Don't think it's because the injection. But it's because I waited too long for the O. If you know what I mean. And on day 2 of POS I had another O. I shouldn't do that anymore. It's not wise to have an O. during POIS.

thanks for the updates Van. when is your next allergy shot? you may want to get it while you're NOT experiencing POIS symptoms to see if the injection produces symptoms. this could be very important in determining if semen is the culprit. i know when i got my intradermal test with Dr. Bewtra with non-dilluted semen i felt POIS symptoms.
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

Vandemolen

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:32 PM »
Fresh semen is much better for the desensitization. That's what the doctor said. For me it would be easier if they used frozen semen. Then I only had to produce it twice a year. My next appointment is about 5 weeks. The big red spot is very clear.

Hoping

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
Fresh semen is much better for the desensitization. That's what the doctor said. For me it would be easier if they used frozen semen. Then I only had to produce it twice a year. My next appointment is about 5 weeks. The big red spot is very clear.

I totally agree with that. fresh semen seems to be important. are they not able to freeze it for you?
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

Vandemolen

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 03:07:37 AM »
I totally agree with that. fresh semen seems to be important. are they not able to freeze it for you?
I think they are. But the next time the semen will not be fresh. The injections are once a month. So I don't mind. If it was twice a month then it would be hard.

Vandemolen

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 04:48:36 AM »
If you do the Desensitization I was wondering what is the best. To do have no O.'s (beside before the injection). Or to have a lot's of O.'s to confront your prostate and bladder. Or will be the prostate and bladder be damaged?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 07:26:35 AM »
If you do the Desensitization I was wondering what is the best. To do have no O.'s (beside before the injection). Or to have a lot's of O.'s to confront your prostate and bladder. Or will be the prostate and bladder be damaged?

My personal case is that the prostate swells in the 5 days post orgasm. Along with most of the equipment down there.

The vas travels up through the abdominal cavity alongside the penis on each side. These too for me swell and tend to harden suring POIS. At night it is even uncomfortable when I sleep on my side with the legs tegether.

I can't sleep on my back, so I sleep one my side, but with one leg a little behind and the other with the knee out at 90 deg to the body. A little more comfortabe.

Your doctors haven't put any restrictions on your sex? If you jave more or less, does it have any effect over the desensitization?

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 05:02:13 AM »
I think this whole desensitization plan is based on very thin evidence. The allergy is a theory and not a fact yet. There was only mild improvement with desensitization in 1 patient and no improvement in the other. That to me is not very good evidence.  I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I think it's important to keep this in perspective. I'm not saying it shouldn't be tried, but we need to challenge it too. If it's true it will survive the challenge.

No, according to his paper, it was :
-90% improvement after 15 months in a case.
-60% improvement after 36 months in the other case who got PE.

That is not the same at all compare to mild/no improvement !
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

Vandemolen

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2011, 04:59:43 AM »
My personal case is that the prostate swells in the 5 days post orgasm. Along with most of the equipment down there.

The vas travels up through the abdominal cavity alongside the penis on each side. These too for me swell and tend to harden suring POIS. At night it is even uncomfortable when I sleep on my side with the legs tegether.

I can't sleep on my back, so I sleep one my side, but with one leg a little behind and the other with the knee out at 90 deg to the body. A little more comfortabe.

Your doctors haven't put any restrictions on your sex? If you jave more or less, does it have any effect over the desensitization?
Yes I noticed too that the prostate swells a few days.

No restrictions. I will ask next time.

Vandemolen

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2011, 05:16:56 AM »
I think this whole desensitization plan is based on very thin evidence. The allergy is a theory and not a fact yet. There was only mild improvement with desensitization in 1 patient and no improvement in the other. That to me is not very good evidence.  I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I think it's important to keep this in perspective. I'm not saying it shouldn't be tried, but we need to challenge it too. If it's true it will survive the challenge.
The research didn't stop. But for now desensitization is the best proven medication. Yes it's true not everybody had a big improvement. But if for me there is 50% improvement I would be happy. Better 50 % then nothing. Of course I hope that the improvement will be 90 or 100 %. But I don't count on anything. Thought the patienst who did desensitization and had not a huge improvement this were patients with PE. And I don't have PE.

Vandemolen

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 06:01:43 AM »
Yesterday I had an O. Today is day 1. And I feel better than normal. I think I have 25 % less POIS. But I don't know in how far this is the effect of injections. Because I was eroused a very long time and then I had the O. In this case there is always less seed in the sperm. That could be a reason. And the other thing is that I just came back from a holiday from Asia (lot's of vitamin D). I will try it about a week with a quick O. I will let you know. But I can't wait to get my new injection about 3 weeks.

Willem

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »
I agree with you.  There are multi-billion dollar industries involving millions of people based on medicine with thin evidence, and in our case we only have a handful of cases.  Every effective treatment case is more like a hypothesis.  Does seem like desensitization is the best non-invasive candidate with a scientific basis. 

It would be great to have a battery of tests for our condition to determine if we really are allergic.  Since sperm is immunogenic, simply confirming an allergic response can be complicated. 

Animus

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »
I think this whole desensitization plan is based on very thin evidence. The allergy is a theory and not a fact yet. There was only mild improvement with desensitization in 1 patient and no improvement in the other. That to me is not very good evidence.  I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I think it's important to keep this in perspective. I'm not saying it shouldn't be tried, but we need to challenge it too. If it's true it will survive the challenge.

No, according to his paper, it was :
-90% improvement after 15 months in a case.
-60% improvement after 36 months in the other case who got PE.

That is not the same at all compare to mild/no improvement !

I'm sorry! I wish I hadn't worded it like that... 90% improvement is quite good. And this is very significant.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:37:41 PM by Animus »