Author Topic: Official Desensitization plan Begins!  (Read 213800 times)

Starsky

• NDL_Group
Re: Official Desensitization plan Begins!
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »
I think he ment 1:15.

Vandemolen

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2011, 06:21:26 PM »
It was 1/5. Sorry, I changed the post.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Nightingale

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »
Thanks for the update!  This means so much to me to hear this!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Vandemolen

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »
Thanks Nightingale. I feel great. I think that I can have 3 to 4 O's in a week without being very sick. The main thing is that the flu like symptoms are almost gone for 100%. The only thing is that the there is still agitation in the intestines. And my muscles are stiff. And I still have that rushed feeling. But maybe that will go after a holiday. :)
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Willem

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2011, 07:17:32 PM »
Very happy for you Vandemolen!  It's great to have an official desens patient in our midst. 

B_Daniel

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2011, 12:38:25 AM »
I echo everyone's excitement.  This is fantastic proof of desensitization's success!

B_Daniel

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2011, 12:45:49 AM »
My primary doctor in San Francisco, who's a friend of the POIS community, gave me this smirk last time I was there and asked me if I've ever heard the argument against POIS being an allergy.  I said no.  So he said, when we O, the allergen exists our body.  Why would we become allergic to the allergen exiting?  He said ejaculation should in theory make us feel much better, not worse.  

I thought it was funny how cut and dry he looked at it like that.  I've been trained to think about POIS by now that there are so many different ways we could be allergic, that the simple thought of in our body and making contact, and out our body never really was a thought of mine.

All that being said, what more proof of an allergy could you want then Vandemolen feeling better from the desens treatment!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:47:36 AM by B_Daniel »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2011, 05:58:48 AM »
And of course Willem too has been a great example!

Not really sure where, technically, your docotor is coming from B_Daniel, what he was trying to say?
Whether it's in or out of the body, it doesn't cross the blood barrier. I think that's the whole issue with POIS.

In desens injections, it DOES cross the barrier. Don't know what happens with sub-lingual honestly, or why that seemingly works so well for us?

We have POIS (I think) because somehow, our semen crosses the blood-barrier when we orgasm.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »
It works almost on the same way, under your skin and in your mouth you have toleragenic cells. It would not work if you inject it in your muscles. My allergist let me choose the way of desensitization and i chose SLIT becuase he thinks the results will be better and side effects smaller.

b_jim

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2011, 01:14:53 PM »
If SLIT would work for Pois it could be a wonderful thing and a more easy cure.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Vandemolen

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »
Waldinger used frozen and defrosted semen for the skin test. Could the use of a fresh sample instead affect the result in your opinion? I guess that in any case it wouldn't show a weaker reaction. (I don't have a freezer at present.)

Thanks,
Johan
Yes but he is not the one who does the injections. The doctor who does the injections said that there is a better result with fresh semen.

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2011, 08:00:10 PM »
Something strange that happened for me:
I made an intradermal injection test of my own semen, frozen sample at 1:1 = NO reaction
A doctor made an intradermal injection test of my own semen , fresh sample (15 minutes) at 1: 40 000 = HUGE reaction

The fact it is a frozen sample affected my results and I am currently on SLIT. I guess the desensitization by injections would be more efficient for me but no Doctor wants to take the risk in my country, so I do not really have any choice !
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

Vandemolen

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »
Here the plans :

I thought 1/20 was given after 2 years. And 1 year of maintenance dose: 1/20.

I had 1/5 and I will achieve within a year the current max 1/2. The new patients will reach this maybe in a few months. Because they want to do a more agressive scheme. And maybe in the future there will not be a dillution but a concentration. Like they do at wasp desensitization.

Vandemolen

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2011, 08:58:04 PM »
I made an intradermal injection test of my own semen, frozen sample at 1:1 = NO reaction
A doctor made an intradermal injection test of my own semen , fresh sample (15 minutes) at 1: 40 000 = HUGE reaction

The fact it is a frozen sample affected my results and I am currently on SLIT. I guess the desensitization by injections would be more efficient for me but no Doctor wants to take the risk in my country, so I do not really have any choice !
It is better that you see a red spot because then you know the dose is big enough. And that the body is fighting against it. Last time I had a minor reaction. And that's why this week the doctor gave me a less dilluted injection. At 1/5 I had a big red spot. But I am OK now. My arm doesn't hurt anymore like a few weeks ago.

b_jim

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2011, 02:15:17 AM »

I'm not sure to understand.
Was the 1:40 000 frozen sample injected the same day ? Or during SLIT cure ?
1:40 000 is a very diluted dose and it may prove the reaction is very strong.

The fact the frozen 1:1 sample don't trigger the allergy is  a very interesting information ! It may help to identify the culprit in the semen, maybe a protein ?

Is you lab near from Lyon ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:22:16 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2011, 12:30:55 PM »
Habibou, do you get a reaction when you put it under your tongue not diluted?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:49:58 PM by Starsky »

Jon

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2011, 10:28:42 PM »
Hey guys, I have been so consumed with my symptoms that I am well behind when it comes to this desensitation stuff. I know nearly nothing.

Which of us POIS sufferes may this benefit? As we all know the cause of POIS varies greatly from person to person.
My cognitive symptoms started suddenly during an orgasm when I was 16. I then developed my POIS and cognitive/physical symptoms became very severe. Had to leave work and school. This year I had 60% success with regimen. Recently the symptoms have gotten worse again. Let's help each other.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2011, 03:08:21 AM »

Jon,  I think we are at far too early a stage yet to make any concrete determinations about desensitization.

But so far, we have some encouragement and excitement!

Welcome to pioneering territory :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Willem

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2011, 12:29:25 PM »
Hey guys, I have been so consumed with my symptoms that I am well behind when it comes to this desensitation stuff. I know nearly nothing.

Which of us POIS sufferes may this benefit? As we all know the cause of POIS varies greatly from person to person.

Hi Jon, Demo is right that we're in pioneering territory and, as everyone knows, "the pioneers get the arrows". 

Anyway, just to quickly restate where we're at:

1) We're looking at two types, subcutaneous immunotherapy (offered by doctors, e.g. Vandemolen, CCConfucius) and sublingual immunotherapy (home therapy, tried by Rock27, Habibou, myself and others).
2) Both Vandemolen and I are reporting significant improvements after several months of treatment.
3) Prime candidates are those that strongly suspect allergies as the cause.  Smoking guns include: a) a positive response to anti-histamines, b) a topical allergic reaction to semen, either on the skin or in the mouth c) an allergic reaction to tests performed by allergists

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »
Habibou, do you get a reaction when you put it under your tongue not diluted?

I never tried this for the moment :s I guess I should but I do not want it to affect my SLIT !

I'm not sure to understand.
Was the 1:40 000 frozen sample injected the same day ? Or during SLIT cure ?
1:40 000 is a very diluted dose and it may prove the reaction is very strong.

The fact the frozen 1:1 sample don't trigger the allergy is  a very interesting information ! It may help to identify the culprit in the semen, maybe a protein ?

Is you lab near from Lyon ?
I live in Paris but I also go to Lyon, but no matter where, nobody wants to take any risk !

I tried the intradermal test at 1:1 with a frozen sample in may 2011.
Yes, 1:40 000 intradermal test were done the 30 th of august.
I started my SLIT the 2nd of November  :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:14:06 PM by Habibou »
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation