Author Topic: Is anyone else having an extremely hard time?  (Read 2640 times)

Jon

Is anyone else having an extremely hard time?
« on: November 22, 2012, 01:59:56 AM »
Wow how much worse my POIS has gotten in the past couple of months. I have muscle tremors, I cant think well at all, Trouble breathing correctly, Fatigue, Trouble sleeping/getting up, Neuro problems so bad that I have trouble controlling facial expressions, Etc.

I'm 25 years old just getting into my family's business, This may be the most important time in my life and I am not me. I have tried so many things . Every few weeks I tell myself that I cant imagine it getting worse but it does. It is devastating. I really need to improve.
My cognitive symptoms started suddenly during an orgasm when I was 16. I then developed my POIS and cognitive/physical symptoms became very severe. Had to leave work and school. This year I had 60% success with regimen. Recently the symptoms have gotten worse again. Let's help each other.

devastated

Re: Is anyone else having an extremely hard time?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »
Sorry I didn't notice your post earlier. Yes, I have trouble breathing properly etc too when the symptoms get heavier. It seems that somehow the entire nervous systems gets affected by POIS and behaves erratically. My advice is simple..try to abstain at all costs for at least 2 weeks to allow your organism to recover. Also take as many vitamins as you can afford and try to sleep early (before 12:00AM) for many consecutive days.

Stef

Re: Is anyone else having an extremely hard time?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
Hi Jon and Devastated.

Ugh!  I feel so bad reading about this kind of suffering you're describing!!!

Stay hopeful -- no matter what!  The cause and treatment for POIS will happen with scientific research.  I continue to think that the answers will come sooner rather than later, because the symptoms are often so severe.  There has got to be a dramatic abnormality -- be it autoimmune, hormonal -- a combination -- whatever.

This is absolutely not hopeless -- absolutely not.

POIS really falls under the heading of "Undiagnosed Diseases."  You've all got symptoms that may be similar, but the diagnostic tool (a biomarker -- most likely something measurable) -- hasn't been discovered yet.

It will be. 

I've said this before, but it's probably worth mentioning again -- you men must somehow get your grant going!! You are less than $9,000 away.  If there is any way -- ANY SUGGESTIONS -- about another crowd-sourcing campaign or the like -- now is the time! We'll be posting our next grants at the end of March, 2013.

The researchers are out there -- it's the funding that's lacking.  There won't be major funding until your first solid researcher publishes his/her article -- then the chances for HUGE research funding increase amazingly.  You can all play a major role in this!

Remember -- there was a time when the cause and treatment of polio was completely unknown -- it was a NIGHTMARE! Fine one day, paralyzed or dead the next! No one was immune. Scientists were totally off the mark until appropriate studies were done.

POIS will have the same story -- just keep the faith!

Stef