Author Topic: Summary of Treatments  (Read 95074 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Summary of Treatments
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 06:23:49 PM »
Look for our latest mailout! If you haven't received it check you should check your SPAM folder

Time to blast POIS! Let's Go!

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

UnderstandingPois

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 04:00:39 AM »
yea for me anyway.  I used to get extreme fatique from alot of vitamins herbs or 5htp . Fatique was a very major symptom i had to where i couldent get up from off my bed . Or stand up. For months and months.     Say there are two things that work for me that help me to not feel crappy and one is adderall another is high doses of vitamin d.    And if i dont haqve adderall ide take vitamin d or vise versa.   But true how alot of things that help some do not help others when it comes to pois. And same with symptoms people experience varies also from one another so.  But one thing that everyone agrees on is that pois is awfull.

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 11:02:26 AM »
Couldn't find the mail even in spam ???
Pls send again
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Alejo17

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 09:21:28 PM »
I am 56 and had a vasectomy done a year ago. No change at all with symptoms.

Hi guys, I`m a new member here. I  almost read everything in this forum. I`ve pois since I was 12 and at this moment I`m 25.

There are many thing you guys already tried, like VitB`s, Vit C ...
I`ve been thinking about all the possible causes of POIS, like `what goes out has to go in` `allergy` `auto-immune`..
So I was thinking about the possible teatment; it sounds crazy, but I think we have to discuss it. Some members of my family and some other friends underwent the vasectomy as a permanent form of conception. I`m young and I want to have kids in the future, but for older people with POIS it may be a sollution. And there are many possibilities for this people to have children, like frozen sperm/undo the vasectomy, in case they decide to have children later.

Whats your opinion in this?
Thank you.
I'm also interested to see if this is effective.

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:46 AM »
yea for me anyway.  I used to get extreme fatique from alot of vitamins herbs or 5htp . Fatique was a very major symptom i had to where i couldent get up from off my bed . Or stand up. For months and months.     Say there are two things that work for me that help me to not feel crappy and one is adderall another is high doses of vitamin d.    And if i dont haqve adderall ide take vitamin d or vise versa.   But true how alot of things that help some do not help others when it comes to pois. And same with symptoms people experience varies also from one another so.  But one thing that everyone agrees on is that pois is awfull.

5htp increases serotonin and will effectively reduce dopamine levels. When I take it I feel "spaced out" with no motivation. It makes me worse. Same with tryptophan. I wouldn't take either of them again.

poisioq

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2012, 06:36:59 AM »
Couldn't find the mail even in spam ???
Pls send again

me neither

kurtosis

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2012, 07:36:40 AM »

5htp increases serotonin and will effectively reduce dopamine levels. When I take it I feel "spaced out" with no motivation. It makes me worse. Same with tryptophan. I wouldn't take either of them again.

Actually, tryptophan sometimes makes me feel ok and sometimes not. I think this is because it can form niacin (in a quite inefficient way)

Stef

Rethinking Herbal Medicine
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 02:19:08 PM »
Hi All!

I read this article and immediately thought of you forum members, since herbal remedies are frequently discussed here. http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/32595/title/Rethinking-Herbal-Medicine/ 

It addresses the validity of studying herbal treatments (presents a positive look at "phylogenetic study," which is one way of describing the study of herbal medicine). The article only skims the surface, but I found it interesting.  It's based on a study by researchers from the University of Reading in the United Kingdom.

You're probably aware, but some of our most effective drugs are plant-derived (for example -- kava, l-dopa, digitalis, tamoxifen -- to name only a few).

(It's also ALWAYS important to keep reminding ourselves that herbal and/or "natural" remedies can have serious side-effects -- we all react differently.  As they say, "One man's food is another man's poison.")

This article is a positive one, and gives hope for discovery of new and possibly better medications based on phylogenetic study (and perhaps provides a new-found wonder for our natural world).

Turns out it's all in the "hot nodes."  (Gotta read the article to understand that!).

Enjoy!

Stef

kurtosis

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
Aspirin is a famous drug derived from a natural source. It was originally derived from the willow tree and its use dates back to ancient times.
See http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blaspirin.htm
It was the 19th century by the time people identified WHY it worked. Similar things could be said about ginkgo. It's only in recent years that the constituents chemicals of the extract were catalogued and scientists are finding remarkable properties of the various flavonoids, quercetin and bilobalides.
Pharmaceutical companies look to identify the active ingredients in these herbs and turn them into patented products but nature is a huge inspiration.

Something like NADH is something else again. Scientists looking at physiological processes and recognising they have be assisted by the strategic addition of vitamin, mineral or coenzyme. I believe medicine will move more in this direction as our biometric measurement capabilities become more advanced and hopefully we'll be much healthier, on average :)

Stef

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
Aspirin is a famous drug derived from a natural source. It was originally derived from the willow tree and its use dates back to ancient times.
See http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blaspirin.htm
It was the 19th century by the time people identified WHY it worked. Similar things could be said about ginkgo. It's only in recent years that the constituents chemicals of the extract were catalogued and scientists are finding remarkable properties of the various flavonoids, quercetin and bilobalides.
Pharmaceutical companies look to identify the active ingredients in these herbs and turn them into patented products but nature is a huge inspiration.

Something like NADH is something else again. Scientists looking at physiological processes and recognising they have be assisted by the strategic addition of vitamin, mineral or coenzyme. I believe medicine will move more in this direction as our biometric measurement capabilities become more advanced and hopefully we'll be much healthier, on average :)

Hi kurtosis.

Aspirin is probably the most well-known drug to be derived from a plant source.

And happily -- chocolate (Theobroma cacao) has an extremely high antioxidant polyphenol content, and provides cardio-protection. Even small amounts of cocoa can reduce cholesterol in the blood, and can lower blood pressure. Dark chocolate is the most healthy (70%) and there are brands that contain chile, giving it a spicy edge.  

How could I have omitted the mention of chocolate?

I'm going to go have some this very minute!

Stef

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:13:22 PM by nordnurse »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »

Most may remember "Squiqqy" in Laverne and Shirley.. he has gone much of his life with a
complex disorder that makes living a pain! It's not POIS, but if you watch this video you'll see
that we have a lot in common.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubgURSn45jE&sns=em

He knows about us and offers us all of his wishes, that we push hard, as he has done in his life, to beat
this thing. Our solution and the solution for all the POIS sufferes of the world... even those who haven't
heard about our forum, is through RESEARCH

We are ALMOST THERE!!!

ONLY $9,000 more to go and POIS will *finally* begin SERIOUS MEDICAL RESEARCH towards our cure!

Please give generously. To yourself! NOW!

Click here to PLEASE donate:

Please Click H E R E
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:03:05 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »
CertainlyPOIS, could you add this link to your niacin summary? http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=235.msg2958#msg2958

It is mellivora's detailed description of each member's experience with niacin. Recorded here are 21 positive experiences and 6 negative.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Ccconfucius

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2012, 06:45:16 PM »
i have added it. It looks good.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
i have added it. It looks good.

It's an excellent summary, I suggest the newbies to read mellivora's summary of our experiences with niacin!

FornicationDENIED

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2013, 03:16:17 PM »
While I was on Prednisone (for another disease) I noticed it also helped me ALOT with POIS. 75% relief in a matter of hours with low dose. On second day I was normal. And on high doses POIS was barely noticable  (but Prednisone side effects were noticable though, had to stop taking them because Prednisone is dangerous). If you look up adrenal fatigue it has similar symptoms to POIS.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:58:59 AM by FornicationDENIED »

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2013, 09:32:11 PM »
This where all the treatments tried will be listed so when forum gets much bigger new people can zone in to what helps...These section is not for discussions it is just for adding treatments.

Hey CertainlyPOIS, I compiled some treatment data that I'd like you to add to your summary. If you could add the following links that would be great.

All members' experiences with fenugreek: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1057.msg9548#msg9548

All members' experiences with Vitamin B Complexes: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1059.msg9571#msg9571

All members' experiences with antihistamines: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1060.msg9574#msg9574

And lastly all members' experiences with saw palmetto: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1061.msg9577#msg9577

Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

LAPOISSE

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2013, 04:20:56 AM »
Very nice job, Vincent ; That's is definitely useful.

The only type of medecine that have an impact on me are NSAIDS ; I can see it because it has a direct (quick) effect. For all the rest, very difficult to say if improovments comes from the medecine or from POIS cycles.(without anything I go from 10% OK to 100% OK, so it's vey difficult to de-correlate the effect of a vit or a plant wich has usually pretty soft effect).
There is also external things to take into consideration like climate, food, stress in life....

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »
This where all the treatments tried will be listed so when forum gets much bigger new people can zone in to what helps...These section is not for discussions it is just for adding treatments.

Hey CertainlyPOIS, I compiled some treatment data that I'd like you to add to your summary. If you could add the following links that would be great.

All members' experiences with fenugreek: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1057.msg9548#msg9548

All members' experiences with Vitamin B Complexes: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1059.msg9571#msg9571

All members' experiences with antihistamines: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1060.msg9574#msg9574

And lastly all members' experiences with saw palmetto: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1061.msg9577#msg9577

Excellent, Vincent M.!

Egordon

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »
Very nice job, Vincent ; That's is definitely useful.

The only type of medecine that have an impact on me are NSAIDS ; I can see it because it has a direct (quick) effect. For all the rest, very difficult to say if improovments comes from the medecine or from POIS cycles.(without anything I go from 10% OK to 100% OK, so it's vey difficult to de-correlate the effect of a vit or a plant wich has usually pretty soft effect).
There is also external things to take into consideration like climate, food, stress in life....

Agreed Lapoisse! I know people on this board have tried to maintain a hearty skepticism of the autoimmune theory, but NSAIDS simply work. Every member that's tried them has confirmed their effectiveness....
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
I have one day POIS. On a day with full blown POIS, I ate etoricoxib 90 mg and within 30 minutes, all the symptoms especially muscle weakness , protrusion of eye ball, 90% cognitive impairment were gone.The symptoms abated till the action of the drug lasted. Only once i have eaten etoricoxib because it has life threatening side effects like congestive heart failure as a complication of drastically reduced urine volume. Etoricoxib is an antiinflammatory drug. Prednisolone is a corticosteroid and is a very potent anti inflammatory drug. I strongly support that allergy to reproductive secretions may be the cause for POIS.

Thanks for the warnings. Please be careful.

NSAIDs do help, but as you said, just for the duration of the medication, 4 to 6 hrs.

I took a strong albeit non-prescription NSAID, which helped the POIS, but effected my stomach terribly.

NSAIDs are good occasional and temporary relief. Taken regularly they do harm.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!