Poll

Have you got dental mercury amalgams?

yes
no

Author Topic: Have you got dental mercury amalgams?  (Read 8038 times)

poisioq

« on: September 30, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »

nomore2013

Re: Have you got dental mercury amalgams?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »
i had them removed. it wasnt done properly, and after each extraction, i noticed this brain fog, pois-like. the last tooth i had removed, wisdom tooth, i got an infection and was on antibiotics for a month. i had an tooth abscess infection, which was checked by a ct scan with a radioactive substance, then i had an operation to drain the pus. a few months later i noticed pois. coincidence?

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »

yes.

poisioq

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 01:47:31 PM »
i'm in the process of replacing them.
i had those teeth filled almost in coincidence with the beginning of pois.
since then a couple of swollen lymphnodes appeared close to my ears.
in the same time i had some uti issues.
my doctor said lymphnodes were related to those issues.

Gabin

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 01:33:45 AM »
Fortunately no amalgams at all.

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »
If you mean fillings, then yes.  But I've had them since I was very young.

poisioq

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 03:20:02 PM »
yeas i mean fillings.
thanks to everybody for your answers

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
I have never experienced POIS symptoms related to filling placement or removal, but when I had my wisdom teeth removed developing dry sockets something did induce worsening POIS symptoms. I have no clue whether it was the high level of pain from the dry sockets, opioids, reduced activity level or the combination of the three. I believe the combination produced the negative resulting increase in symptoms, particularly gastric. But, I have always had hypersensitivities to drugs since having POIS, especially opioids and psychotropics. I would think that any pain killer in high doses alters histamine response in our bodies.

Are you sure the filling is what bothered you or was it a pain-killer or novocaine?       
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

poisioq

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 06:48:43 PM »
i am not that sure. some weeks ago I had the most of them replaced with modern kind of fillings. I still have a couple of small old type fillings. my pois is still the same and my CFS like symtoms are with me every day. The swallen lynphonodes behind my ears haven?t even minimally decreased in their size.
About novocaine, well, i think our system would be able to get back to balance by itself after being affected once or twice by some kind of harmfull substance, at least in the long term. It wouldn't if it were subjet to it for a long time.

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »
Yea, I agree the repercussions of certain drugs or meds should not be lasting in exacerbating your POIS unless you take them for extended periods of time. I was just referring to the period of time immediately after having my teeth pulled (i.e. about a month afterwards). 
Since your still having trouble w/ swelling take into to consideration the amount of inflammation POIS can cause in the body and CNS (central nervous system). Any kind of minor surgery on the teeth or mouth causes those nerves to respond violently since there are so many of them close to the surface of your gums, lips and  within the teeth being operated on. I have huge amounts of fluid retention and swelling and pain in my mouth from regular POIS symptoms.
If your concerned about infection do not take my advice, just go to the doctor and maybe consult him/her anyway about the swelling. If not, then antinflammatories, antihistamines may help. Personally I do not like to many drugs for aid and tend to use cardiovascular exercise to reduce any type of inflammation with a hot shower afterward. Ice massage on the area may help too. I hope some of this is useful. 
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

poisioq

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »
thank you veriy much for your advices. i'll take them into consideration
i have been on antibiotics, antinflamatories and antihistamincs, no improvement.
currently i'm taking b6, methyotine, calcium, magnesium, zinc and C.
it's only 2 day that i'm on this regime.
all those should keep histamine level low.
I hope it will work

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »
By the way, boissioq, I already started this poll about mercury fillings a while back at the following link and got more responses so you may be interested. http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=28.0
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

poisioq

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
sorry, didn't see it before  :-\
anyways, thank you very much for the link.