0 (0%)
Education
7 (7.4%)
Sports (as work)
1 (1.1%)
N/A
25 (26.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: POIS by Profession  (Read 30436 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
POIS by Profession
« on: April 21, 2011, 11:03:06 AM »
I have a feeling that most of us are in a similar career area. Not sure what influence this could have over the cause of our POIS, but interesting anyways to see how we are divided.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

b_jim

Re: POIS by Profession
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:37:37 PM »
No easy to work with Pois. I think for a lot of us there is only one chance to keep his job : ejaculation on friday night, saving energy during week-end and try to feel good to start the next week. Isn't it ?
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:18 PM »
i put engineering because i am going to school for it, is that okay.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 06:05:23 PM »
i put engineering because i am going to school for it, is that okay.

Sure! Perfect.
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 07:49:40 PM »
i put engineering

Another one here!! 60% voted engineering... interesting, isn´t it?

b_jim

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 07:35:54 AM »
I have voted engineering too because that's what I want to do :)
Is Pois a Engineers' disease  ;D ?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:38:52 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »
I have voted engineering too because that's what I want to do :)
Is Pois a Engineers' disease  ;D ?

Maybe it's becasue we're seated on our butts most of the time, in front of a computer!! LOL  ;D

Green

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 06:07:12 PM »
Electronic engineer, here.

Bream

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 02:59:05 AM »
The jury is still out wether i have pois or not, but i'm a chemical engineer. Could be a sign then  ;)

UnderstandingPois

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
  i put sports, haha lazy engeneers =)

B_Daniel

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »
I think I would rather see this poll organized by "customer facing or sales" and "desk job w little interaction w people other than internally".  I have a feeling we'd be heavily weighted towards the latter.  It's scary to think, but POIS has guided many of our major life decisions.

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »
I think I would rather see this poll organized by "customer facing or sales" and "desk job w little interaction w people other than internally".  I have a feeling we'd be heavily weighted towards the latter.  It's scary to think, but POIS has guided many of our major life decisions.

This is a very good point, especially considering that I know with me and others here POIS worsens social anxiety.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

traderwithpois

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 06:46:12 PM »
Business.  Finance/trading

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 06:46:50 AM »
Business.  Finance/trading

My Ex was a trader in Vancouver can. Like 20 yrs ago though!! Sheesh time flies!

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »
I told my fiancée that many people here were engineers, and she responded with a pretty insightful comment:
that it might just be that engineers are likely to be smart enough to figure out that there is something wrong with them, link it to sex/orgasm/ejaculation, and look online for others like them.

... so we should take the engineering/programming link with a grain of salt.
I think there's some similarities here, but we have to also somehow negate the facts about Internet usage in general.  Most 'techy'-type men are intelligent and somewhat introverted and end up in engineering fields (I studied computer engineering), and the Internet is dominated by techies.  :D

pep

• for contact with me: apoisblog@gmail.com
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 05:21:40 AM »
Research in health.
for contact with me: apoisblog@gmail.com

Barcelona (SPAIN)

24 years old (1988). POIS since I was 21.

poisenglish.blogspot.com.es
poisspanish.blogspot.com.es

tantalus

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 08:02:22 AM »
Hi Daveman, Not being able til now how  to post my own 'thing on the naked scientist pois forum. (Stil waiting on your reply there by the forwarded mail of demografx.  I am glad i did find this forum as alternative.

I start to give a comment to your subject as a start. Later on I try to post my own pois hystory profile info here. Maybye you can give advice in which 'category' a general pois biography, annex therapy history would fit in too. Could not find out yet, and stil whaiting on the administrators awnser too.

Alright....your poll.........  I think the  'workgroup area' is far to limited. Therefore the results become itself a self fulfilling prophecy.
for me , i was already afraid most people would come  from engineering. No wonder I see no posts of people like me who  are hopelessly  entangled in
the forum layout and ergonomics.  ;D Tey are a costumed (used too) on the desighn of this kind of multi media features.  Only pois brings people like me this  labyrinth.therfore  don't aspect complaints from  them finding there way here. My occupation?  Healthcare [stroke]. iBy the way.....is  it alowed for me to giggle, Daveman? I find an aspect of irony in the fact that in  a medical subject like pois, you forgot the caretakers of the sick in general themselves as profession? we also have  the musicians, the cooks the male house'wives', and the artists in general. shall we allow them to have pois too? :) Could just happen the N/A section would be 3 times bigger as the named professions.  Besides,  dear Daveman.....as I having such a hard time to get accustomed in the forum phenomenon itself [here and at naked sc.]....can you help me please!,please  to come in contact with those who try progesterone as medication? I  just started and feel  worried if i might get worsener as before.  feel realy sick now, more as ever
4 years desensitized, health progr. average 70%  top 90%, ,overreaction stops 3X (herpes+meningeal irritation, sideeffects towards end ( hyperacusis), stopped at 4to1, retrograde after stop,re-entry soon. negative progesterone effect pois. . (new supervised med. trial planned soon) Niacin not tried

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »
Hi Daveman, Not being able til now how  to post my own 'thing on the naked scientist pois forum. (Stil waiting on your reply there by the forwarded mail of demografx.  I am glad i did find this forum as alternative.

I start to give a comment to your subject as a start. Later on I try to post my own pois hystory profile info here. Maybye you can give advice in which 'category' a general pois biography, annex therapy history would fit in too. Could not find out yet, and stil whaiting on the administrators awnser too.

Alright....your poll.........  I think the  'workgroup area' is far to limited. Therefore the results become itself a self fulfilling prophecy.
for me , i was already afraid most people would come  from engineering. No wonder I see no posts of people like me who  are hopelessly  entangled in
the forum layout and ergonomics.  ;D Tey are a costumed (used too) on the desighn of this kind of multi media features.  Only pois brings people like me this  labyrinth.therfore  don't aspect complaints from  them finding there way here. My occupation?  Healthcare [stroke]. iBy the way.....is  it alowed for me to giggle, Daveman? I find an aspect of irony in the fact that in  a medical subject like pois, you forgot the caretakers of the sick in general themselves as profession? we also have  the musicians, the cooks the male house'wives', and the artists in general. shall we allow them to have pois too? :) Could just happen the N/A section would be 3 times bigger as the named professions.  Besides,  dear Daveman.....as I having such a hard time to get accustomed in the forum phenomenon itself [here and at naked sc.]....can you help me please!,please  to come in contact with those who try progesterone as medication? I  just started and feel  worried if i might get worsener as before.  feel realy sick now, more as ever

Hi Tantalus.

The best place to write a personal history is here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.0

Just click the link and press the "reply button" at the top or bottom. You can enter your information there.

If you have it already prepared in some other file, you could just copy it and paste it into the edit window.

I am writing you a Personal Message right now.

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »
Medical

Nightingale

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »
I currently don't work.  I'm a student, but I can only manage to be part time with the combined effects of POIS and side effects from medications for my mental illness
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.